Blue Dream In ProMix From Seed, August 2016

Filling out!!!

It's been a couple days since I decided to let those arms go vertical. Praise the weed gods!!! I haven't done any serious training but I did move some of the branches around just to fill out the circle. You can see in the picture from above. I can't wait for her to grow about 12" more inches in height before I put her into bloom. That seems like it'll be about right but if y'all think otherwise I would be happy to hear about it.

I think I see a few tiny spots of calcium deficiency. I got some Floralicious Plus and CalMag yesterday that will be fed to them Sunday. I'm going to use the Floralicious along with the FloraDuo part A for the rest of the veg cycle. I also got my bottle of Part B and KoolBloom yesterday and am pretty excited about that!!!

Today's photos:

20161125_145332_2.jpg
20161125_145500.jpg

Updated Grow Information:

Strain: Blue Dream
Parents: Blueberry x Haze
Sativa/Indica: 60%/40%
Germination: Seed Between Wet Paper Towel Between Two Plates
Origin: Denver from Unknown Source (Friend of a friend)
Substrate: ProMix BX
Bucket Size: 4 gallon fabric
Seedling Light: Meijer 16" Florescent Grow Light
Lighting Veg: 1000 watt MH
Lighting Flower: 1000 watt HPS
Cooling: Air
Seedling Nutrients: SUPERthrive and Organic Molasses
Veg Nutrients:
Week 1 through 16: General Hydroponics FloraDuo Part-A and Organic Molasses
Week 16 to begin flower: General Hydroponics Floradua Part-A, Floralicious Plus concentrate, Organic Molasses
Flower Nutrients: General Hydroponics FloraDuo Part-B, KoolBloom, Organic Molasses

Germination: 8/15/2016
Flower:
Harvest:

Sub'd lookin good man

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Thanks for stopping by!!! Hope you enjoy.
Updated Grow Information:

Seedling Light: Meijer 16" Florescent Grow Light
Veg Nutrients:
Week 1 through 16: General Hydroponics FloraDuo Part-A and Organic Molasses
Week 16 to begin flower: General Hydroponics Floradua Part-A, Floralicious Plus concentrate, Organic Molasses
Flower Nutrients: General Hydroponics FloraDuo Part-B, KoolBloom, Organic Molasses

Flower:
Harvest:

Sent from my LGLS991 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Updated UPDATED Grow Information:

For some reason I was thinking that I was using Floraduo for my main Nutes but I think that I had only looked into them as an option. As you can see here, I have updated the information to be accurate:

Flower:
Harvest: Meijer 16" Florescent Grow Light
Veg Nutrients:
Week 1 through 16: General Hydroponics Floranova Grow, Organic Molasses
Week 16 to begin flower: General Hydroponics Floranova Grow, Floralicious Plus concentrate, Organic Molasses
Flower Nutrients: General Hydroponics Floranova Bloom, KoolBloom, Organic Molasses

Flower:
Harvest:

Wind and Light Funneling Trellis System:

I wanted to make a way that my air could push up and through my colas when I flower to reduce the risk of bud rot as well as function as an efficient light reflector as well as manage my trellis net so I came up with this little contraption and it's perfect!!!

20161127_161707_HDR.jpg
20161127_161650.jpg

My original plan was to water with a funnel and a tube but I realized that I am far too lazy for that kind of nonsense so I built this feeding system. It's much less backbreaking and I will probably duplicate it for all of my future soil grows.

20161127_161702_HDR.jpg

Here is a nice little video, too! I have since upgraded it so that I have a water collection pan underneath of my plant (for easier PH reading). I suck the excess water out with a shop vac so there isn't salt and nutrient residue to mess up future readings. I also put a brace to hold the watering ring perfectly parallel to the soil, out of popsicle sticks of course!

Monsignor's BlueDream Feeder and Trellis Net - YouTube

And two days later...

20161129_102141.jpg

I think she really likes her new environment!!!

Nice Monsignor!! Nice to see the home made stuff. Im getting ideas!! I also seen someone who makes a square from wood with hooks for buds hanging/suported from the lights. My next tent run I will be either scrogging or tieing buds to something. Ive seen scrogg frames made from PVC pipe. I noticed your temps are 88 deg. Do you let it go higher and what are your temps in flower? My tents are great in the fall, 70-80 deg. compared to the summer. You have skills Monsignor!

Nice Monsignor!! Nice to see the home made stuff. Im getting ideas!! I also seen someone who makes a square from wood with hooks for buds hanging/suported from the lights. My next tent run I will be either scrogging or tieing buds to something. Ive seen scrogg frames made from PVC pipe. I noticed your temps are 88 deg. Do you let it go higher and what are your temps in flower? My tents are great in the fall, 70-80 deg. compared to the summer. You have skills Monsignor!
Hey, thanks for the compliments. I was reading the thread where the guy had put the wood frame on the light, too. Very cool.

I like when you stop by. I feel like I'm writing this thing for no reason sometimes. How did you get so many subscribers and interaction to your thread?

Regarding your question, I have had a hard time keeping it under 85° degrees due to the furnace being right next to it. However it doesn't go over.

I have a fan pumping outdoor air in so when it's cold outside its better. It shuts off when the light does do it doesn't super cool the room.

The room goes down to 70-75 at night. I won't change any of this... Because I can't without runnin the AC and I really don't want to. Therefore I'll be flowering at these temps as well. I'd rather flower at 75° but it'll be fine.

Hey, thanks for the compliments. I was reading the thread where the guy had put the wood frame on the light, too. Very cool.

I like when you stop by. I feel like I'm writing this thing for no reason sometimes. How did you get so many subscribers and interaction to your thread?

I found this site in June and jumped right in with a thread of my own to learn instead of only cruising others. Now I cant keep up! If I notice someone is knowledgeable and has a good heart I will invite them to my thread. It helps to go to their threads and comment too and why I cant keep up! I have people that follow but few answer. I have to go to their thread and ask to get an answer. Im thinking it takes time and effort to get people to follow. I also try to have some humor some times. My next tent runs in mid Jan. and I probably wont do a thread. Just follow and ask and post on others. Im finding the experts now. My computer skills arent great and this a great effort for me.
Maybe they dont like Catholics, Monsignor!!! Kidding
Everyone following my thread follow theirs, introduce yourself and comment. Im here my brother! I got sense enough to communicate with the right people, like you Monsignor!

Regarding your question, I have had a hard time keeping it under 85° degrees due to the furnace being right next to it. However it doesn't go over.

I have a fan pumping outdoor air in so when it's cold outside its better. It shuts off when the light does do it doesn't super cool the room.

The room goes down to 70-75 at night. I won't change any of this... Because I can't without runnin the AC and I really don't want to. Therefore I'll be flowering at these temps as well. I'd rather flower at 75° but it'll be fine.

I started my first tent grow last July and it was very hard keeping temps under 85 deg. Dont run the A/C! I did and cost me big $$ in Aug and Sept. its incredible the difference in Oct. Im planning two tent grows a year with the 600 hps. Im getting ready to harvest my tent in 2-4 weeks!!!!! I got to go Monsignor, Ive got 30 more threads to surf including my own and wont make it before i get computer mind mush!!! Have a great day!!

Just do your thing. Do some visiting. People wander through and will see that you've got something interesting going on and are an entertaining writer. If you have specific questions post them here or start mini threads.
It's a mixed blessing. If you get a bunch of followers to your journal posting chitchat then - you're going to have a big job running your journal replying to the chitchat. If you're in the mood for that every day then great. If not- sometimes it's nice when you don't wake up to ten posts on your journal.
And people end up with too many subscriptions. I've been wandering around posting things, subbing to the journals I like, and answering questions in the FAQs for a couple years now.
Let me go check....

1248 subscriptions.

I found this site in June and jumped right in with a thread of my own to learn instead of only cruising others. Now I cant keep up! If I notice someone is knowledgeable and has a good heart I will invite them to my thread. It helps to go to their threads and comment too and why I cant keep up! I have people that follow but few answer. I have to go to their thread and ask to get an answer. Im thinking it takes time and effort to get people to follow. I also try to have some humor some times. My next tent runs in mid Jan. and I probably wont do a thread. Just follow and ask and post on others. Im finding the experts now. My computer skills arent great and this a great effort for me.
Maybe they dont like Catholics, Monsignor!!! Kidding
Everyone following my thread follow theirs, introduce yourself and comment. Im here my brother! I got sense enough to communicate with the right people, like you Monsignor!

Just do your thing. Do some visiting. People wander through and will see that you've got something interesting going on and are an entertaining writer. If you have specific questions post them here or start mini threads.
It's a mixed blessing. If you get a bunch of followers to your journal posting chitchat then - you're going to have a big job running your journal replying to the chitchat. If you're in the mood for that every day then great. If not- sometimes it's nice when you don't wake up to ten posts on your journal.
And people end up with too many subscriptions. I've been wandering around posting things, subbing to the journals I like, and answering questions in the FAQs for a couple years now.
Let me go check....

1248 subscriptions.

Totally didn't mean to come off as salty with that comment. I decided to document my grow so that I could obtain pointers and knowledge from others and show off some of my own creativity. I was just hoping to attract more input and ideas. I'm sure they'll come with time.

HELP NEEDED BIG TIME!!!

Okay folks... I need to attract some major input here. I haven't posted in a while because I've been dealing with some issues. One day I walk into my room and find my girl like this:

20161203_1637131.jpg

OH NO!!! So I freak out and the first thing I do is test my PH Pen. It's WAY off (I tested it against the color changing drops.) I went out right away and purchased a nice BlueLabs pen and had them calibrate it. I picked up 2 gallons of compost tea from them (it was only like $1/gallon).

After putting 2 gallons of 6.5 tea through the promix the runoff came out at 4.2!!!!!! I don't know how long the PH Pen was bad for but it was BAD. This being said, I up PH'd distilled water to 8.0 and a gallon brought her up to 6.0. I left it until today. (This was 4 days ago.)

There was some noted improvement but today they were back to cupped down, soggy, purple and soft stems, and the leaves are humpy and not flat. I thought after the initial improvement that I had fixed the issue which was ultimately the PH. I was wrong.

Now there are some other issues including leaf tip necrosis, hole shot, and one leaf just flipped upside down!

Check it out:

20161207_1915221.jpg
20161207_1915141.jpg
20161207_1915041.jpg
20161207_191442_HDR1.jpg

The stem purpling and general wiltiness was consistent with acidic soil but after the issue was fixed it should have solved it. As far as the necrosis, the flush was 3 gallons and more than generous and I'm not thinking nitrogen toxicity. I know it isn't a calmag deficiency because I feed them with GH calmag and it's also in their foliar spray. I know there isn't an over watering issue because I let my plants get VERY dry before watering and I know they aren't under watered because watering them would fix the issue.

All of this being said, I realized that I had forgotten the ONE factor that I had changed... I dropped the light a good 6 inches because I thought it was too high. I believe that my MAIN issue was too intense of light. I should see a marked difference in the next two days if that is the case. If not... I am majorly stumped. After feeding today with 6.5 the PH came to 6.0 again. I will keep feeding 6.5 until it gets to 6.3.

Please give me any thoughts on the matter. I am absolutely stumped if the light distance doesn't fix it. I'm terrified that all this stress is going to lead to a hermie. Even so, I took the clones before I started stressing her like this and I have 4 new mothers rooted!!!

Thanks for reading and your input!!!!

I looked back and saw you use 1000w MH. Not sure what the distance is. With my 600w HPS its 16-20" with ideal 18"
I was going to say over watering but if youve ruled it out, I dont know. Post a pic on mine and others thread and ask.
Ive found ------------ has great info. Ohhh censorship!!! Trumps startn already!:rofl:
Great day!

Ive found ------------ has great info. Ohhh censorship!!! Trumps startn already!:rofl:
Great day!

They don't like when you plug another website on here. It works better if you do it in a link like this.

Blankity blank website is one of my favorites and I would say contributed the most to my current knowledge base. Even on Blankity blank I couldn't find this exact issue. I did find a nice article on Acidic PH causing similar issues and then I found another with similar issues and light intensity. It is kind of like she's "recoiling" from the light in the way the leaves shrink up.

Here is a picture from today:

20161208_125627.jpg

Hey Monsignor- just wandering into this thread now. I always have a long list of subscriptions and just keep going in a circle trying to catch up. Sorry I missed your urgent callout.
It's very rare that we ever get to diagnose a problem with certainty, and this time is no different. I don't know the answer for sure, but I suspect it's mainly ph. I wouldn't worry about the couple yellowing leaves much - but the overall issue just looks like ph stuff.

Do you normally run your ph this high in promix? I use sunshine mix -which as far as I know this pretty much the same thing, and I feed at around 5.5 or so. Never above six. Here's a link to a post I made in my journal back when I was doing some high/low pH experiments. Links to posts aren't workin right now but this should get you close. It's post# 976 if you have to scroll down

The Hexapus's Garden

Soilless in general uses the hydro range. I haven't used promix, and maybe it works better at a different range than sunshine mix, but I really don't think so, and other people I have seen using it use the hydro range as well. Hydro range is usually labelled as 5.6 - 6.2. But, pH naturally tends to rise in the pot and so the trick I employ is to feed and water low and let it naturally swing upwards to take in that range.
Some people do ph soilless closer to the soil range. It seems like those growers tend to be the ones who are treating it more like soil-with more additives and beneficial bacteria and stuff. Maybe it works for some. I sure couldn't get it to work for me as you will see from my link.

6.3, in the hydro ph range, and in my grow, would be locking out many, if not most, nutrients.

Having said all this- it looks like you've been giving them a very acid environment for quite a while- so you did the right thing by giving it a high pH to bring it back up in the pot. Barring some other info - like 'I've been using promix for years and ph'ing to 6.5 and it's all been good' I think that if you ph everything to about 5.6 and stay consistent they will straighten out. It always takes a week or more even if conditions are perfect.

I haven't ever had leaves droop from being to close to the lights. They usually just burn or curl upwards.

Back
Top Bottom