Boo’s First Sponsored Grow: Featuring Atreum Lighting’s Hydra x2!

Do you have really dull scissors or really thick solo cups?

Neither. Both. I don't know. I haven't tried this yet. Maybe it will work and maybe it won't. I'll keep you posted.

Here is an update on the ladies! They are getting close to joining Dark Devil #4. Speaking of her.....
PXL_20210405_184716719.PORTRAIT.jpg

That's it. One pic. Not sure what's she's gonna do, so one pic for now. :laughtwo:

Dosidos and Purple Lemonade are doing well. Believe it or not, they are both working on their 5th nodes...
PXL_20210405_184859728.PORTRAIT.jpg

Dosidos is short and squat
PXL_20210405_185004755.jpg

PXL_20210405_185033575.PORTRAIT.jpg

Not sure what I'm going to do with her...wait is what I normally do! :cheesygrinsmiley:
Purple Lemonade is a little taller and spaced a little more friendly.
PXL_20210405_185016053.MP.jpg

PXL_20210405_185114330.jpg

The yellowish looking leaf on the left is a reflection - she is beautifully green throughout. They are 18 days old today. Hoping for just a little more time before they start showing flower. Stay safe out there.

That's it. One pic.
She's looking like she may earn a two pic update pretty soon...
The other two look great- the Dosidos (like me) wishes it were a little taller, instead of
so damn good-looking...;)

:ciao: Happy Tuesday and happy opening day for the Washington Nationals! Man I miss baseball. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Purple Lemonade started showing a little flowerishness today so she got topped and up-potted. She has the best roots on a seedling that I've had so far... It was a little tricky getting her out!
PXL_20210406_180723984.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20210406_180700161.jpg
PXL_20210406_180651759.jpg

I tried to leave as much of an HH stump as I could but it was really hard to get in there, so I may end up doing it again when she perks up tomorrow.
PXL_20210406_180501920.MP.jpg

PXL_20210406_180640681.jpg

It was interesting, she smelled really good when I topped her - almost skunky. Yum.:p

Then there were two..
PXL_20210406_181529462.jpg

She's a little droopy from all the excitement, but DDa#4 seems to be loving the @Atreum lights!

Finally, I purchased an infrared thermometer to check the heatsinks on the two sets of lights. They have both been running at full power for the same amount of time. The readings were taken at 1 inch from the heatsinks. Here are the current set:
PXL_20210406_185159995.jpg

And here are the Atreum Hydra set:
PXL_20210406_185054977.jpg

As you can see, that's a fairly considerable difference. The 6' extension for relocation of the drivers on the Atreum lights is a definite bonus in the summertime in my grow space! :high-five:. The temp difference is the only significant one that I've found between the two sets during this "testing" phase. From here on out we will be grow, grow, growing with these beautiful lights while playing around with the positioning for the best algorithmic coverage.

Those of you who watch my journals know that I have started to get some larger autos going, due to all the great advice from members like you! :thanks:. I'm quite sure there will be no more than 2 plants in the tent once we get rolling along. We shall see who makes the cut! :laughtwo:

Stay safe out there! :peace::love:

Congrats on the upcan and the topping, and what a great set of roots on that baby!

What was the difficulty getting it out of the cup? I roll the plastic on mine to push the roots off the sides and push up on the bottom to get the whole thing moving. Then I can just slide it up and out.
Thanks Shed! I think it was a combo of being a little dry and having roots out the bottom little holes, perhaps. I got her a little wetter and rolled the cup in my hands, and pushed on the bottom and she came out intact. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Great work on the transplants & topping! I generally leave almost no stump because I top so early-haven't had one split yet, but I am a bit careful with those top branches for a week or two.
Bigger drain holes make it easier to get the roots out without damage!
I tried just cutting the bottom off the cup, but I think I did considerably more root damage that way than just sliding it out....even so, it didn't seem to bother the plant at all..

Happy Friday all! :ciao: Here's a little update on the Atreum girls. Dosidos was starting to show flower so I topped her and she got moved to her new pot this morning. She's a squat little thing and honestly, I didn't think SHE would be the one I'd have concerns about.
PXL_20210409_132223576.jpg

FYI - they are all in 4 gallon pots of Promix which was amended with Dynomykos, Earth Alive soil activator, and Mosquito bits. I'll be using MC as my primary nutrient along with silica.
PXL_20210409_133416626.jpg

Purple Lemonade is plugging along nicely. To me, she's got perfect node spacing right now.
PXL_20210409_133037137.jpg

Dark Devil has started to have a little spurt and has earned 2 pics this time. :cheesygrinsmiley:
PXL_20210409_132951267.jpg

I was able to get her top branches pulled down gently a couple of days ago....
PXL_20210409_133014773.jpg

And the lower nodes are starting to catch up. :high-five:
They are loving the Atreum lights and will start getting a higher dose of them gradually over the next few days.

Hope all are well and looking forward to the weekend! :peace:

Hey Boo, love the journal so far. :bravo:Do you keep your lights in a fixed position and adjust intensity or move yours lights based on height? If its not too much to ask can you also talk about your environment for the current stage?:thanks:
Hi Cmoneywills and :welcome: to my journal!

I generally adjust the light position since I don’t like to stack/lift the plants more than I need to and I’ve got a fairly easy method for adjusting light height and can do so individually. However, having 2-3 plants in the tent is likely going to require me moving them around based on their heights. With this sponsored journal I’m planning to pay a little more attention to LUX than I normally have.

My current environment is running between 75-85 degrees F in the building and inside the tent and, based on the weather, RH is anywhere from 30-50%. I’m using runoff rainwater that I collect in a barrel outside the building and when it’s too cold to use it I’m using well water from the house. Hopefully that answers your question? Thanks for stopping by! :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom