Borntorun's 2009 outdoor grow.snottygirl

Re: borntorun's 2009 outdoor grow..snottygirl

Just smoked some leaf from that limb that broke off a couple weeks ago and was surprised with how good it was, or maybe it was the wine on a sunny afternoon, who knows. Hoping that is a good sign of things to come.

Nice Sunshine too good

Gator

Yeah it is amazing what some intense sun will do. Garden 1 and 2 get lots of direct sun, #2 only gets morning sun and it is struggling. Hopefully we will get 90 more days of hot sun! Coming down to the home stretch now. Hopefully will see some flowers by August 1st!

This may seem dumb and I know it varies by strain and region but...

let's just way I am in the OH, WV, PA area.... when can I expect to see some sort of flowering?

I'm growing Snow White which as you know is mothered by White Widow so it's in that 8-10 week finishing class.

I assume that I'll see some sort of flowering activity by the 2nd to 3rd week of August? If so....9 weeks puts me into the 2nd week of October to harvest.

I have no idea about this because I've never grown outdoors until now so I'm just trying to get an idea.

Can you shed some light born? Thanks in advance.

I'd say you'll see sex by august

I'd say you'll see sex by august

Can you please clarify? Is that the beginning of August or by the end? I'm hoping sooner rather than later. Just to clarify, I know these plants are female so I'm not asking when I'll see sex... I'd like to know when I'll start to see some budding activity/bud formation.

..and thank you for answering.

I'm not 100% but I'd say before the 15th

it is going to depend a lot on the strain. You are probably around 38 degrees North so August 7th would be a good guess for when you can actually say "hey those are flowers". You should already be seeing two pistils at each node and as it gets closer things will speed up and they will appear at the same time as the new leaves are forming. Start hitting them with a higher phosphate mid-july but don't cut off the nitrogen till end of July. So use something like a 24/16/16.

What will set them off is when the nights start getting longer by a couple minutes a night. In Ohio that is end of July. Length of Day site.

On snotty girl I'm already seeing pistils all over and node spacing is getting real tight. On the Sweet God I'm not seeing anything yet. But we are only eight days past the solstice.

it is going to depend a lot on the strain. You are probably around 38 degrees North so August 7th would be a good guess for when you can actually say "hey those are flowers". You should already be seeing two pistils at each node and as it gets closer things will speed up and they will appear at the same time as the new leaves are forming. Start hitting them with a higher phosphate mid-july but don't cut off the nitrogen till end of July. So use something like a 24/16/16.

What will set them off is when the nights start getting longer by a couple minutes a night. In Ohio that is end of July. Length of Day site.

On snotty girl I'm already seeing pistils all over and node spacing is getting real tight. On the Sweet God I'm not seeing anything yet. But we are only eight days past the solstice.

Thanks bro. +rep if it'll let me.

Wish I had something exciting to report, but not much is happening right now except they are getting bigger and the node spacing is getting real tight with pistils showing immediately.

DSC009003.JPG

DSC009012.JPG

DSC009023.JPG

you have some pistil action ?
Hmmm , My are still in only veg mode ...
Looks good .

yeah it's weird, it's just the normal two pistil sexing that you see early at the nodes but now it's as the node is being formed, hard to see in those pictures, but what is weird it is only on the plants in garden 1 (which were grown from seed) the clones in garden 3 aren't doing that at all. They are about 5 weeks younger and quite a bit shorter though. They all are still veggie strong though, I'm getting over an inch of height and lots of sub branching going on. Starting tomorrow I'm adding phosphate in the compost tea

Those plants look very green and healthy. Cant wait to see those ladies grow into some monsters. Good luck... + rep

They are amazingly healthy. I haven't had one problem. I have to give credit to the nettle tea. Bugs don't like it and the plants love it.

I am going to see if I can get my hands on some of the nettle tea..

Back
Top Bottom