Bubba Kush - Soil Grow by YD

Excited to start a new journal here at :420:!

Starting from seed this time around, Bubba Kush!

This is an interesting one...this seed was from a Bubba I grew from clone last summer in my small space grow. Only found two, one viable, one not. I know there is a risk growing this seed. The chill thing is this seed was literally free!

The nuts and bolts of this grow:

Soil grow using Humboldt Nutrients, Humboldt Mix. This is a high porosity blend with good drainage, and allows more oxygen to the roots.

Blue Planet Nutrients Farmers Pride line: Blue Planet Nutrients
I've seen the results folks are getting from these nutrients! This will be my first grow using BPN. I'm very excited! I've already had the pleasure of receiving great customer service from them, great communication. They are a sponsor here and do a great things for this community as well!

Space is a grow tent, 36"x18" footprint, with about a 26" max plant height.
3, 70 cfm computer fans mounted on the top, drawing air through passive vents on the bottom of the tent.

250 watt HID lighting, Lumitek digital ballast. Cool Tube reflector with 100 cfms of air moving through, exhausting into another room. Light cooling is separate from tent airflow.

The seed popped in two days
420_589.jpg

Yes, I use the 'paper towel' method to germinate. I know some don't like that approach but it has worked for me. When using this method, only use plain white paper towels. I use drinking water to dampen the paper towel. Place the plastic bag on something warm, I use my cable box, and try to remember not to shut it off. Don't let the root get too long before planting, it will dig into the paper towel and become difficult to pull out, possibly stressing the seedling.
I should have planted this in the morning but didn't have time before work. The root was just an eighth of an inch in the morning, and now tonight:
420_590.jpg

See how FAT that root is! I would like to think that's a good sign.

Planted and ready to get growing
420_591.jpg

Hope to be back soon with baby pics! :thumb:

Hi all!

Transplanted over the weekend. Put her in a one gallon fabric pot.

Mixed in Blue Planet Nutrients Mycorrhizae for root love Helping Professional Growers Succeed - Blue Planet Nutrients

Installed the 250 MH bulb and put her in the grow tent!

420_598.jpg

420_599.jpg

The spots on the leaf are my mistake. I gave her a mist this morning but she didn't dry before I had to leave for work. Lightly tapped her to get water drops off but there were a few there when I put her back under the light. Minor, but dumb.

I'm hoping to see some good growth now that she's under the HID. My plan is to veg for 2 weeks or so, topping once. Once 12/12 has started another final topping for SCROG and a transplant...if all goes well.

Oh-I'm doing the Green Lantern Routine on this one :thumb:

I have bugs!! Those spots weren't from water drops like I first assumed. Some day I will learn to INSPECT my plants on a regular basis!

From the looks of things I may have spider mites and thrips. I turn a leaf over and see a couple of thrips...I'm pretty sure that's what they are. Also smashed a couple of little red tiny tiny things, I assume spider mites.

Leaves are getting worse
420_604.jpg

420_605.jpg

420_606.jpg

Thanks to SNS Sierra Natural Science | Science Engineered I have these
420_607.jpg

I sprayed with the 217 last night to start defense against the spider mites. The 209 is a soil drench that protects against multiple types of bugs. Lucky for me she needed water today!

Fingers are crossed...

I'm in! Been thinking about you a bunch lately. Thinking I hadnt seen anything from ya in a bit.

Home Defense! spray all areas around your grow for 15 feet. I did it 3-4 times over a two week period before I started my first grow, then once a month. All carpet, baseboards, etc.

Prevent, rather than forced to deal with.

I'm in! Been thinking about you a bunch lately. Thinking I hadnt seen anything from ya in a bit.

Hey Bass! I've been very busy at work lately not leaving me too much time to update. Glad you stopped by!

I'm going to get some of that home defense, thanks for the tip. I'm a huge fan of prevention! Never had bugs before so I didn't really give it much thought. I'm telling ya, between learning how to grow, dealing with powder mold, and now bugs on this grow, the fun never stops. Just a big learning curve.

I'll take some pics of this Bubba. Since the last pics it's been topped and transplanted, looking pretty good. I've switched to Sunshine #4 grow mix (soil-less) kind of excited.

One problem has come up...a good problem I guess. I was able to score a few O.G. Kush clones locally. This is the Sativa O.G. Kush strain (the real OG Kush). They usually only sell the clones in bulk by pre-order but I got REALLY lucky. The grower was a super nice guy and wanted to help me out. Sent me home with a few that had just rooted!

Now I'm not sure what I'll do with this Bubba. I've got maybe 10 more days to figure it out. I dislike not having enough space to grow the way I want, but I'm lucky I'm able to grow.

Sad to say I cut this plant down :rip:

It was looking very lush but having known OG clones, and not enough room for both, the decision was to sacrifice the hermie seed. No brainer right?

Not too easy, she was very healthy thanks to Blue Planet Nutrients. This was 3/26
420_608.jpg

Look for my OG Kush thread coming soon!

This one is done mods, thanks!

Aw sad, I wanted to see the bubba kush!

Looking forward to the next one with the OG though.

Thanks a bunch CO! It was very tough. I had her out of the tent, gave her a mist spray of water and gave myself an hour or so. That's why she looks a bit droopy in the pic.

I'm looking forward to the O.G. myself. This is a Sativa O.G. Kush, lab tested THC only strain :cheesygrinsmiley: Clones are looking good.

Thanks for your positivity! :thanks:

Hey YardDog, man I was excited to see a bubba grow, but bummer that she got infected and had to sacrifice her... however, I love me some OG Kush!!! can't wait to see you underway with the known ladies :) also running the Gas Lamp routine and so far 1.5 weeks into veg, the girls are loving it :) I'm def in for the OG grow!!

Thanks a bunch CO! It was very tough. I had her out of the tent, gave her a mist spray of water and gave myself an hour or so. That's why she looks a bit droopy in the pic.

I'm looking forward to the O.G. myself. This is a Sativa O.G. Kush, lab tested THC only strain :cheesygrinsmiley: Clones are looking good.

Thanks for your positivity! :thanks:

LOL! At least you didn't just chop it and really regret it later!

If you could, link your new journal here so I don't forget to subscribe to it?

Back
Top Bottom