Buds Buddy's 1st Grow Journal

I'm using 3/4 - 1 gallon per plant twice per day & getting less than 16 oz. of run off. The 3 Biggest plants pot's are always light again in no time. I could probably get away with 1/2 gallon each on the other 3.
All depends on the Quality & yield whether I'll use these Nutes again. Actually, I will use them at least once more to see what it costs me using Auto Pots. Then I want to compare that grow to one using Mega Crop on the same strain. That should tell me enough to know whether to stick with AN or switch. Might try Dutch Master's also.

Got a question for you all. When I was at the Hydro Store yesterday they gave me 2 sample bottles of something called "Fish Shit". It says it's an EcoSystem in a Bottle, Organic Soil Conditioner. Doesn't give the ingredients or NPK numbers.
Anybody know what this is & is it something I should use ? I know @Emilya has the answer to this one as it's right up her alley.
never heard of it, but nothing unlabeled and unknown would ever get within sight of my garden.

Well I went ahead & Super Cropped the N.L. tonight. She was 6" from the light so had to do something. Watched about 10 video's on it (all Auto's in Flower) but still couldn't succeed without splitting the stems. 10 Branches & everyone of them split no matter how soft or hard I worked it. Oh well, they all got taped up so they should be OK. Anyway, I now have 14" from the light. My 1st attempt at this so I hope it works out.

Did my morning feed & decided to flush the Critical. Something is just not right with her. She probably only has 1 - 2 weeks to go & really nothing there to smoke. Maybe the AK will make up for it because her buds go from top to bottom on every stem. Even the buds on the inside are looking good.
Anyway, took a few pics of my super crop job. All I could find was electrical tape & thick masking type tape because I packed my 12 rolls of Duct Tape. Not the greatest but it will have to do. Some of the branches got bent lower then planned .... but I'm a 1st timer at this so I'll use that excuse .... LOL.
Here's the Pics .......
GEDC5357.JPG
GEDC5358.JPG
GEDC5359.JPG
GEDC5360.JPG
GEDC5361.JPG
GEDC5362.JPG

Did my morning feed & decided to flush the Critical. Something is just not right with her. She probably only has 1 - 2 weeks to go & really nothing there to smoke. Maybe the AK will make up for it because her buds go from top to bottom on every stem. Even the buds on the inside are looking good.
Anyway, took a few pics of my super crop job. All I could find was electrical tape & thick masking type tape because I packed my 12 rolls of Duct Tape. Not the greatest but it will have to do. Some of the branches got bent lower then planned .... but I'm a 1st timer at this so I'll use that excuse .... LOL.
Here's the Pics .......
GEDC5357.JPG
GEDC5358.JPG
GEDC5359.JPG
GEDC5360.JPG
GEDC5361.JPG
GEDC5362.JPG

I think she'll go long, probably another month or so.

looks great! You are going to get some good yield out of this, just watch!
I hope you're right. I hear doing this makes the plant think it's going to die so it sends all it's energy to the top & as a result you get bigger buds with more THC. At least that's what GWE says about Super Cropping.
From what I'm seeing on the AK 47 it might just give me my biggest yield so far. So the N.L. will have to beat that record if I'm right.
Prepped nutes with Over Drive for the AK 47 & the Critical. 1-2 weeks for the Critical & I'm taking her down. Get some Kibbles & Bits to Smoke for the time being so I quit spending $100 a week at the dispensary. AK has a few orange hairs but still seems to be putting out lots of white ones too. Probably another 2 - 3 weeks for her to finish.

I think she'll go long, probably another month or so.
Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. That would put me at the end of Sept. / beginning of Oct. to put my house up for sale. I was hoping to put it up 1st week of Sept. before everyone starts thinking about X-mas & holds off on house buying. Less people buying & you don't get as much. Oh well, do what I have to do. Don't want to give away all my plants for a 3rd time so I'm finishing these at all cost.
1st time I gave them away I thought I bought grow equipment from a cop. Didn't have a card at the time. Soon as I met the guy he started rambling about his huge factory grows for the dispensaries, etc., etc. Then 2 days later he calls me up looking to buy 1/4 - 1-LB.
Hmmm, why is he wanting to buy weed from me when he has a Grow Facility & grows for dispensaries ???
Scared the shit out of me & gave away 8 plants & 6 Clones & took my shit down for 2 months. Never heard from him again. Told him I only grow 1-2 plants for personal medical needs & don't grow enough to sell to anyone.
May have just been a coincidence; but one that freaks you out.

I can not believe this N.L. I already have more branches 6" from the light again. This would be a great SCROG plant. She's actually starting to develop flowers now instead of just white hairs here & there. The AK 47 x Six Shooter is gaining on the N.L. fast & is getting real close to her size.
Anyway, My AK 47 has been putting out some red hairs lately ... But ... for some reason it looks like the red hairs are falling off & the buds get bigger with a bunch more white hairs. I can see the orange hairs laying on some of the leaves.
Does this mean anything ?
I've had plants get Orange Hairs & still get a bunch more white ones; but the orange hairs have never came off that I can remember seeing.

I can not believe this N.L. I already have more branches 6" from the light again. This would be a great SCROG plant. She's actually starting to develop flowers now instead of just white hairs here & there. The AK 47 x Six Shooter is gaining on the N.L. fast & is getting real close to her size.
Anyway, My AK 47 has been putting out some red hairs lately ... But ... for some reason it looks like the red hairs are falling off & the buds get bigger with a bunch more white hairs. I can see the orange hairs laying on some of the leaves.
Does this mean anything ?
I've had plants get Orange Hairs & still get a bunch more white ones; but the orange hairs have never came off that I can remember seeing.

Can't say I've ever heard of them falling off either. Did a search and found it could be heat related. And/or, is that one real close to the light and is it just the top colas? I understand pushing out new white ones and foxtailing. I've had that with several.

Can't say I've ever heard of them falling off either. Did a search and found it could be heat related. And/or, is that one real close to the light and is it just the top colas? I understand pushing out new white ones and foxtailing. I've had that with several.
It's the AK 47 that's doing this. It's probably 2 - 3 weeks from finishing. My temps should be good. My low is 75 & the highest it ever got was 84. Usually stays 77 - 81 all the time. My RH has been 50% - 60% until today. It rained last 2 nights a little & it brought my RH up to 70% which I'm not liking. But this is AZ. so the Humidity will only last a day, maybe 2 at most unless it rains again. The plant itself seems just fine & truckin' along. I don't think it's anything to worry about since it's still pushing out white hairs & not dying. Just weird, because it never happened before. Thought maybe it had something to do with nute strength.
Yeah, I got some fox tailing going on. I have never been able to get the tight node spacing. Seems like the leaves always lay on top each other & I get wet spots on my leaves every time I try. I think those VPD charts are inaccurate. The tent could be 77 degrees with 65 - 70% RH & I'll still get wet spots on leaves if the foliage is too thick.
My Oscillating Fan went out about 2 weeks ago & the Clip on fans don't do shit for it so right now I have no fans blowing in the tent. I wonder if that could have anything to do with it. I'll buy a new one this weekend.
Hmmm, Could my light cycle cause this ? I only run 18 / 6 through the entire grow.
The last 2 grows I only used my bloom lights the final 2 weeks (Just red / Veg switch off). I usually start out with just Veg lights the 1st 4-5 weeks. Then I put Veg & Flower lights on for 4-5 weeks. Then just Flower the last 2 weeks. I don't think it's made any real difference. Still got my average yield. Just wanted to try it to see what the results were. No big change of any kind.

Well it's Day 61 & I've decided to pull the life support from the Critical. She just isn't producing anything worth while & I'm not wasting any more of my nutes on her. So I'll let her dry out for a few days & chop her down. Hopefully I'll get a few joints from it ... LOL. Every leave on that plant is completely covered in crystals. No matter where you touch it it's sticky. The plant would probably be better off used in edibles or vape juice; but I'm not interested in any of that so if it doesn't produce weed I can smoke it's useless to me.
I went ahead & & Super Cropped a few branches on the AK x 6 Shooter last night also. All looking good this morning.
Only posting pics on the weekends now because you really don't see much change unless the pics are a week apart.
Be starting week 9 this weekend so getting close to the end.
AK 47 will finish 1st. Then I expect the N.L. & AK x 6 Shooter to finish about the same time & then the Haze & N.L. x Critical should be around the same time. I'm basing this on the looks of the grow.

Any suggestions on how to control this N.L. ? Branches / Tops are only 4" - 6" from the light again. Not sure what to do with this plant because she keeps growing up to the light within 2 - 3 days. She's already showing some cotton balls on top so I don't want to do too much at this point. Don't have the room to 4 point her to the tent poles. All the leaves are still pointing upwards toward the light & not Curling, Clawing or Twisting. I'll check in the morning for Light Bleaching but don't really see any right now.

High there ya'all. It's Day 62 & since I had to drain all my waste pans today I decided to take some pics & do a little update. I'll start with the Northern Lights since that's the one that keeps growing into the light.
My tent consistently stays between 77 - 79 degrees 99% of the time and occasionally reaches 81. My RH stays between 55% - 65% but has reached 70% a few times.
I'm Feeding about 1 gallon twice per day (I have skipped a few days of watering twice & only watered once).
I'm Currently Feeding all my plants (with the exception of the AK 47) 12 ml. Bloom A & B, 5 ml. Cal Mag & 6 ml. of Big Bud, Bud Candy, B-52 & Rhino Skin. This is per gallon & I usually mix 20 gallons which lasts about 3 days at most. My ppm is around 1050 so that's 200 ppm water & 850 ppm Nutes @ 6.2 pH.
I still only use an 18/6 Light schedule. I do this because my electric company charges more during Peak Hours & there just happens to be 6 Peak Hours per day so I went with 18/6 for that reason. The Peak Hour Cost gets expensive fast I found out running a grow through it once. Everything seems to be going good so 18/6 works for me.
OK, let's get some pics up here. First the N.L. Look how close it gets to the light.
GEDC5379.JPG
GEDC5366.JPG
GEDC5383.JPG
GEDC5368.JPG

A Group shot of the previous 3 Ladies. And unfortunately I forgot to take pics of the last 2 before I turned my Grow Lights back on. Sorry about the redness.
Here is the Haze & the N.L. x Critical 2.0.
I gave up on the Critical 2.0 so it's outside dying off for a day or 2.
GEDC5370.JPG
GEDC5397.JPG
GEDC5398.JPG
GEDC5399.JPG
GEDC5400.JPG

Back
Top Bottom