CA215's Non-420 Garden

Alrighty everyone, spent the 18th getting the backyard OD garden started. I re checked my funds and came up with about 100 bucks that I was able to drop on a couple flowers and veggies, also picked myself up a multi grafted fruit tree :) below are some shots to lead upto my next grow thread :Namaste: Thanks for stopping in.
104_90592.JPG
104_90612.JPG
104_90602.JPG
104_90812.JPG
104_90782.JPG
104_91002.JPG
104_90862.JPG
104_90992.JPG

I have been knocking my mid terms out one by one, now to get back to my lovely plants :high-five:

Thanks for the move 420mag team :)

For some odd reason I had a feeling I had been uploading wrong.. fixing that asap.

This will now run side by side throughout my 2014 outdoor MMJ season, I will be documenting my backyard growth from today on!

I will be taking on a "relaxed" style of growing, we are going to let mother nature take care of my container plants with very little help from yours truly, it will consist of watering the containers every now and then, weekly/bi-weekly organic tea sprayings and/or organic insecticide sprayings. One goal I plan on shooting for here within the next couple months is a steady yield of fresh vegetables being culled for less visits to the produce section and more cash in my pocket.

I love growing my own no matter what it is. Everything is just better. I actually am going to harvest my first broccoli soon. Pretty amped to try it.

Looking good ca215. glad i stopped through your other journal to find and sub to this.

yeeeehaaawwww let the sun shine bright on your garden dude. I may post my veggie patch if I get a chance. I grow my own on a friends property he has a couple acres. I am using a little 15'x30' area in the corner of his property. its a shame cause he is not ok with the mmj. but its perfect for my food.

Love outdoor non cannabis grows....You have some very lovely specimens.:bravo:

I have 2 4x10 grow boxes for beans, peppers, carrots, romaine lettuce, pickling cukes grown on a trellis, aspearagus and sunflowers, plus numerous potted strawberries, and tomato's. to wet here now but late may I should have it all planted.

I love growing my own no matter what it is. Everything is just better. I actually am going to harvest my first broccoli soon. Pretty amped to try it.

Looking good ca215. glad i stopped through your other journal to find and sub to this.

yeeeehaaawwww let the sun shine bright on your garden dude. I may post my veggie patch if I get a chance. I grow my own on a friends property he has a couple acres. I am using a little 15'x30' area in the corner of his property. its a shame cause he is not ok with the mmj. but its perfect for my food.

Yessir so cal brotha, the pros of growing our own are extensive, while I can't think of many cons.. still being new to the garden thing I am anticipating it like the first indoor grows, any yield will be a positive building block towards improving every time there after. Minimal efforts still seem to bring in some great tasty veggies and seeing as I can't grow in ground too much, we are going to scatter the back yard with containers. Sounds like a great location, but that is a bummer! Would love a couple say 4x4 raised beds for some of the bubba, yowwwza, that would be a sight to see ;) thanks for the kind words buddy hope the 14' season yields great for those putting in the effort :joint:

Looks like some of that stuff is going to be harsh to smoke it. :blunt::smokin::roorrip:

:laugh:
The only smoke these girls receive is the 2nd hand smoke from my doobies and the munchies I am bbq'n afterwards :smokin:

Love outdoor non cannabis grows....You have some very lovely specimens.:bravo:

I have 2 4x10 grow boxes for beans, peppers, carrots, romaine lettuce, pickling cukes grown on a trellis, aspearagus and sunflowers, plus numerous potted strawberries, and tomato's. to wet here now but late may I should have it all planted.
Thanks for the kind words Heady :Namaste:
Love the selection, I truly envy you all who can grow in ground with these raised beds! I built a 4'x8' x2'deep above ground container for my grandparents a few weeks back and have been wanting to set myself up with a few to really get into the 14' growing festivities.. being a full time student that is a no-go fund wise at the moment, so my small containers will suffice! I enjoy growing in them so no worries here, as long as I can grow I am a happy camper. Are you planning on documenting your veggies at all? :blunt:

Hi CA215, I'll be following along with you. I'm planning to do much better things with my own outdoor gardening this year too!
Great pics!
Have fun and enjoy your weekend! :thumb:

Woohoo! Thanks for stopping in Canna :Namaste: Glad to see others stepping up their growing, can't wait to follow along with yours as well :) This weekend is chalk full of schoolwork and doobies, the doobies will make it fun :high-five:

Here are some shots from this morning before my memory was maxed, as you can see we are still getting rained on. More the better, less water usage for me :) Haven't really watered much in 3 days. Thinking I packed soil around my lettuce seeds a little too tight and choked them out. Other than that, everything is growing away. Moved all the plants outdoors on 28th after hardening them off for a good 5-6 days, I am trying to keep 420 related photos off this page and will start a 14' OD journal here after this post;

Edit: Re uploaded to off topic section of forums;
104_91101.JPG
104_91381.JPG
104_91371.JPG
104_91111.JPG
104_91211.JPG
104_91141.JPG
104_91121.JPG
104_91351.JPG
104_91321.JPG
104_91331.JPG
104_91391.JPG
104_91411.JPG
104_91421.JPG
104_91461.JPG
104_91471.JPG
104_91481.JPG
104_91611.JPG
104_91601.JPG
104_91591.JPG

Yes on documenting the outdoor gardens....both veggies and mmj :thumb:

Eat what you sow is very very rewarding, you have the knack no doubt :high-five:

:thanks: :) It was a bummer not getting much of last years crops in the freezer, mainly handed out extras to people who would really enjoy it and wouldn't let it go to waste, this year I will do the same (hopefully) with some extra goodies being packed away in the deep freezer for a later date. Will make sure to keep an eye for your journal, feel free to drop a link here when you get them started Heady :Namaste:

Hi CA :ciao:

Nice Garden :love:

Got any more watermarked off topic pics you would like us to download, crop, reupload and replace for you?

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

:circle-of-love:

I am going to blame habit for that one.. I told myself to upload them into the off topics and I DIDN'T.. CA you stoner you..
Thinking I got it right this time Rico! Maybe.. :laugh:

I am subscribed, my kind of thread :) Now you are going to my put plants to shame....:rofl:

Hey Les! Glad you could make it by my quiet thread :circle-of-love: and I highly doubt that, your garden of eden is absolutely spectacular ;)
Here is a small photo update from early this morning :joint: been picking at the basil & mint plant. seems I may have jumped the gun, it has been quite cold the past 5~ days and the garden seems to be showing a little slowing down. Some goodies also for this years OD grow:
104_9181.JPG

104_9182.JPG

104_9184.JPG

104_9185.JPG

104_9186.JPG

104_9187.JPG

104_9191.JPG

104_9192.JPG

104_9188.JPG

104_9194.JPG
104_9193.JPG

104_9230.JPG

104_9241.JPG

104_9243.JPG

:thanks:for stopping by :thumb: CA215

Lovely little garden! It does have a calming effect, I really like what you are putting together and it is a joy to see you grow different things, including the precious herb :Namaste:

Looking forward to more updates and hope you get some warm weather soon brother! :cheer:

Lovely little garden! It does have a calming effect, I really like what you are putting together and it is a joy to see you grow different things, including the precious herb :Namaste:

Looking forward to more updates and hope you get some warm weather soon brother! :cheer:

The garden is continually getting larger, in size and numbers :) I have picked up a few different types of flowers, herb and veggies and will get pictures here after this update. I love being out in the garden, truly therapeutic. We have been getting very nice weather for the past 5 days, just spot on, I love this time of the year! Hope all is well with you Les!

Here are some shots from 4/10-11, some shots un related to plants, enjoy.
104_9307.JPG

104_9279.JPG

104_9315.JPG

104_9317.JPG

104_9326.JPG
104_9328.JPG
104_9319.JPG
104_9318.JPG

104_9320.JPG

104_9324.JPG

104_9323.JPG

104_9329.JPG

104_9338.JPG

4-11
100_9365.JPG

100_9368.JPG

100_9369.JPG

100_9370.JPG

100_9371.JPG

100_9374.JPG

100_9376.JPG

100_93802.JPG

100_9385.JPG

100_9386.JPG

100_9391.JPG

100_9412.JPG

100_9400.JPG

100_9405.JPG

100_9410.JPG

100_9416.JPG

100_94221.JPG

100_9420.JPG

100_94211.JPG

100_94231.JPG

I keep cutting back the roses and it seems to want to induce more flowering? Crazy, they smell like candy. Love it!

Positive vibes to everyone here at 420magazine, keep em green :thanks:

Beautiful update! I love all the different colors and flowers. I can see things are starting to bloom out pretty good for you as well. There are some decent floral clusters I saw there! The orange tree is really healthy. And that is a pretty big slug lol. Was that tomato and pepper from seed I saw there? :goodjob:

Hey man I hope you haven't been finding too many mushrooms lately, I've been finding them all over the place lol.
Cheers and great update brotha! :thumb:

Beautiful update! I love all the different colors and flowers. I can see things are starting to bloom out pretty good for you as well. There are some decent floral clusters I saw there! The orange tree is really healthy. And that is a pretty big slug lol. Was that tomato and pepper from seed I saw there? :goodjob:

Hey man I hope you haven't been finding too many mushrooms lately, I've been finding them all over the place lol.
Cheers and great update brotha! :thumb:

Man those roses are nuts, cut them back and it seems to induce more flowering? Need to do some more reading up on them, I was able to get my hands on a good 5-10 college bound gardening books for free.. Time to start expanding the knowledge base :) Yessir the last remaining tomato from seed and those are some sweet bell peppers from seed, this next years garden will be better, what I didn't do this year was pop enough seeds thinking I would have perfect amount, well some didn't make it now I have shoes to fill! For the shrooms, I am seeing a lot around the backyard in the grass and around the fenceline but not any in the containers, yet :wood: Would mushrooms in the soil be an indicator of a good living soil?

Here are some shots from yesterday morning, I am a little behind, some new containers range from squash, cucumber, common sage and some marigolds as I read they will help as insect deterrents :blunt:
100_9485.JPG
100_9478.JPG
100_9464.JPG
100_9470.JPG
100_9501.JPG
100_9500.JPG
100_95161.JPG
100_95191.JPG
100_9521.JPG
100_9528.JPG
100_9525.JPG
100_9528.JPG
100_9477.JPG
100_9483.JPG
100_9484.JPG
100_9494.JPG
100_9495.JPG
100_9496.JPG
100_9497.JPG
100_9498.JPG
100_9499.JPG
100_9502.JPG
100_9490.JPG

Question. Can anyone identify this little seedling.. Looks like a tree? I think this is so cool if so.. This is right at the stump grow location.. the stump decomposes and years after a new seedling takes its place? Well.. im not sure what the seedling is.. If you have an idea please shoot! I want to transplant it into a pot so I can bring it with me when I move ;)
100_95101.JPG

Can't really tell what the sprout is, the leaves are the best identifier. Anyhow, it might not even be a seedling at all, often times new sprouts can come off old root shoots or something that is still alive down below. "Life will find a way", hard to say what it is but it sorta looks like the ivy we have down here, it probably isn't. Just need to let it grow and see what happens, maybe you can clone it :rofl:

Glad to hear you haven't TOO MANY shrooms, I guess I had a bit of spores in my batches, either way it's not a big deal, I just try to control them so they don't get out of control. Last thing I want is my entire lawn covered in these mushrooms. Indeed, the mushrooms growing out of the soil means that things are ALIVE, and there is active soil bacteria. The interaction between these bacteria, the fungus, and the root zones are imperative for the healthiest plants. As you know, they symbiotically interact with each other in a positive manner, sometimes the fungus can attach to the roots and help expand the surface area of the roots by many times, as well as other positive benefits.

"It adds up to a fundamental mutualistic relationship between fungi and green plants, one that has been evolving for millions of years," Dunham said. "Most plants – from orchids, rhododendrons and madrone trees to most fruit and nut trees, turf grasses, annuals and perennials – depend on some type of fungal activity

The mycorrhizal filaments of fungi also produce organic compounds that glue soils together and improve their structure and porosity to enhance root growth. In addition, mycorrhizae in the soil have been found to suppress soil-borne pathogens and protect plants from root diseases.

So they help decompose some of that woody material into a much more nutrient rich compost. Really kind of interesting, and something if I had the time I would study MUCH more. For now, I'll stay simple, and relaxed. :hippy:

Back
Top Bottom