Calcium deficiency? Or excess calcium causing potassium deficiency?

Grower2020

Bottom of the plant has not got the same issues . Looks like calcium excess at top with the brown rust lines and then potassium deficiency at the leaves further down? @Emilya Green

20230503_225532.jpg

20230503_225431.jpg

Calcium deficiency effects new growth only. Potassium deficiency effect old growth and toxicity effects new growth.

Excess potassium toxicity blocks calcium, creating calcium deficiency double whammy on new growth. Potassium tox also locks out nitrogen and magnesium.

It looks like old growth is effected too. Mag lock out causing a cascade effect?

mobile-and-non-mobile-nutrients.gif

Nutrient-Lockout-Chart-from-Excess-Nutrients.jpg

Hey @Grower2020 ,

Looks like they could use some nitrogen... just a small amount, regularly, while in flower. As a rough guide, 1/3 the amount of each of P and K.

This looks like Mg deficiency. Also, red petioles (leaf stems) are a possible sign of Mg deficiency.
1683540951710.png

This looks like Ca deficiency – upper, newer leaves.
1683541038537.png

Hey @Grower2020 ,

Looks like they could use some nitrogen... just a small amount, regularly, while in flower. As a rough guide, 1/3 the amount of each of P and K.

This looks like Mg deficiency. Also, red petioles (leaf stems) are a possible sign of Mg deficiency.
1683540951710.png

1683541038537.png
Congratulations cbdhemp808 you are the winner of 5 seeds from fastbuds Genetics of any strain of your choice. Your answer is correct .

Hey @Grower2020 ,

1683540951710.png

1683541038537.png
There is no nitrogen deficiency as all lower leaves are a nice consistency of darker green . But when answering the question that was asked , regarding the photos posted . You answered correctly

Hey @Grower2020 ,

1683540951710.png

1683541038537.png
It's hard to say what is out of balance and how to fix it if we don't know what you are working with. Am assuming it is some organic soil mix since you tagged Emily in the OP.

Around week 4-5 of flower I add 1 part cal/mag because it can't hurt, 3 parts 3-12-6, and 1 part 7-9-5. Didn't mention it because I am in hydro so bit easier to manipulate and people freak at the idea of bumping N up mid flower.

It's hard to say what is out of balance and how to fix it if we don't know what you are working with. Am assuming it is some organic soil mix since you tagged Emily in the OP.

Around week 4-5 of flower I add 1 part cal/mag because it can't hurt, 3 parts 3-12-6, and 1 part 7-9-5. Didn't mention it because I am in hydro so bit easier to manipulate and people freak at the idea of bumping N up mid flower.
It's coco coir bro , so basically hydro .
I just did a flush my runoff ec was high and I flushed with my regular nutrient ec but increased volume until the runoff came out equal to my inflow. Problem has corrected itself. Must have had a low ph in the medium due to high salt content

It's coco coir bro , so basically hydro .
I just did a flush my runoff ec was high and I flushed with my regular nutrient ec but increased volume until the runoff came out equal to my inflow. Problem has corrected itself. Must have had a low ph in the medium due to high salt content
Was gonna say it looked a lot like the issues I just had using coco in Autopots. Salt build up and pH off threw them all out of whack. Flushed them and started top feeding to clear the issues.

I've always wanted to try auto pots . I take it you don't recommend them ?
Not that I wouldn't recommend them. I would just try keeping the feed lower, add clay pebbles and probably an air dome. You can only know what's going in so if there's problems it makes things difficult. Others have had success but it didn't work out for me this time. It is my first time using coco too though so probably bit of more than I can chew. I've seen people have success with coco in Autopots.

Calcium deficiency effects new growth only. Potassium deficiency effect old growth and toxicity effects new growth.

Excess potassium toxicity blocks calcium, creating calcium deficiency double whammy on new growth. Potassium tox also locks out nitrogen and magnesium.

It looks like old growth is effected too. Mag lock out causing a cascade effect?

mobile-and-non-mobile-nutrients.gif

Nutrient-Lockout-Chart-from-Excess-Nutrients.jpg
Thank you for posting these graphics. They're excellent.

Not that I wouldn't recommend them. I would just try keeping the feed lower, add clay pebbles and probably an air dome. You can only know what's going in so if there's problems it makes things difficult. Others have had success but it didn't work out for me this time. It is my first time using coco too though so probably bit of more than I can chew. I've seen people have success with coco in Autopots.
Yeah there really isn't a way to check what ec is going on in the medium with autopots right ?. With coco or really any medium yiu need to be able to check runoff ec to know what's going on. It's too much guess work for me I like to have calculated grows . This is my recent harvest . Coco perlite 50 50. Plagron nutrients . Gh calimagic calmag , pk boost in flower . Zkittles auto fastbuds . Manual feeds twice a day during flower . 8 Oz per plant. Lst to the max and topped once at 3 nodes .

received_724425082787339.jpeg

received_584169627019003.jpeg

received_507701208240499.jpeg

received_975591717138098.jpeg

20230306_211113.jpg

20230308_223929.jpg

Back
Top Bottom