Calyx Hunter's - Soil - Multi Strain - 4X4 Tent - 600W HPS

I picked up something from the grow store. It is full of good bacteria and enzymes. Doh forgot the name I am such a stoner. O yeah myco madness. They said it is the shit for adding to tea's for mass benifical bacteria production. Gonna give it a shot.

Day 22
The BIG Transplant and move to the 4x4 Tent with newly equipped drain table
I used Fox Farms Ocean Forest and mixed in 2 tablespoons of Lime per pot to keep pH stable at 6.5 for longer
5 Gallon Aurora Fabric Pots placed on cooling racks for a little lift and all around air flow
Innoculated each hole with a little Mykos

The Hindu Kush roots were the biggest of all other 5, fricken beast
Day_22a1.JPG

Day_22b1.JPG

Here's a trick I use to keep my plants clean when turning them upside down to pop them out of their container. It works perfectly every time. I wrap a plastic grocery bag around the base making sure to gently keep all leaves inside of the bag. I then tie one simple crossover to keep it shut but not tight at all. As I flip the container over I place my hand over the top of the soil so I can hold the entire root ball and plant safely in my hand as it is upside down and easily falls out of the pot.
Day_22c1.JPG

Here's one of the OG Kush root balls. Notice how I hold on to it and the bag protects the plant from the soil.
Day_22d1.JPG

Day_22e1.JPG

Check out the drain table. I'm super stoked on it and it works perfectly. It is set at a 1 inch incline with lowest point up front for easy drainage into a bucket. Household rain gutter installed up front.
Day_22f1.JPG

All fabric pots are placed on baking cooling racks for supreme air flow and drainage.
Day_22g.JPG

I need to clean but I'm wrecked after a long day of work.

Here's everything including the Thyme, Rosemary and Sage which wil be moved to the outdoor garden soon
Day_22h1.JPG

Now it's time chill out and rip some bowls. I love NBA playoff time. Go everyone except for The Heat and The Rockets.

:peace: and :love: to my brethren and sistren

:ganjamon:

Day 23

It's about 47 degrees outside right now which keeps my room perfect. Here's tent temp and humidity.
Day_23a.JPG

I have high apple pie in the sky hope for the Hindu
Day_23b.JPG

Out of the 4 OG clones I got from Teldren I've chosen the two shortest stalkiest ones to keep and transplant into fabric pots. The two OG clones in the back will be donated to a friend and they are looking really strong.
Day_23c.JPG

I will be topping the seedling plants tonight. After less than 48 hours since transplantation and I am noticing a leap in height. I'd say each plant is about an inch taller. I will also be lowering the 600W lamp and hood tonight when I get home as I think they are stretching a bit much. I can't tell if it is just rapid growth or stretch but either way this amount of growth right after a transplantation is a very good sign.

Day 25 total, 3 Days under HPS
Last night I topped the Hindu Kush, Diamond Girl, Great White Shark and Lemon Kush
I lowered the hood by about an inch to reduce the stretching that I've noticed since moving under the HPS.
I did a little rearranging as well. The Diamond Girl is the slowest grower so far. I transplanted the last OG clone left in a small terracota into a 7" plastic pot.
The Radiant 6 Reflector is very hot spotty. I ran my hand around my tent at the same height and noticed an obvious light intensity increase in the middle. I may try to keep the lowest grower under the hot spot.
Day_25h.JPG

Great White Shark top
Day_25a.JPG

GWS topped
Day_25b.JPG

Hindu Kush top
Day_25c.JPG

HK topped
Day_25d.JPG

Lemon Kush top
Day_25e.JPG

LK topped
Day_25f.JPG

I forgot the Diamond Girl top pic but here she is topped
Day_25g.JPG

It is going to be interesting controlling the different heights.

Looking great Cal! :thumb: Ya I`m having fun keeping 4 different strains at the same height, but the stretch is just starting now so in a few days it will get interesting.

do you mind sharing the build CH? couldnt make out the system with the plants on them. thanks again!

Not at all I'd be glad to. I'll grab some pictures when I get home and post them with build details but here are the basics:
The legs are 4x4's and the back two are 1 inch taller
The deck is 1/2" plywood cut to 3' 6" X 3' 2" Since my tent is 4X4 I wanted 3 inches of clearance around all sides for air flow
I left 4" of room on the one side for the rain gutter so total total deck dimensions with gutter is 3'6" X 3'6"
The front edge of the deck hangs over the frame by and inch so the drip edge is over the gutter
I framed it with 2X4's
On the deck I mounted PVC pipe with conduit clamps on the back and side edges
I got a 4x4 piece of PVC shower pan liner and spray tacked it down then stapled it around the frame
The back and side edges are lifted by the PVC pipe
I cut the front edge of the liner to shape so that all the water will drip into the middle of the gutter
It is super solid and I stood on it to show my wife that she does not need to worry about it collapsing
I used the concept that water flows downhill and built what I needed. This option was way cheaper than buying a flood table and stand.
I didn't think anyone would be interested.

Back
Top Bottom