Can Rabbits Eat Fan Leaves?

Lonewolf96

I’m having trouble finding a real answer. We have 5 rabbits. They love getting ahold of fan leaves that come out of the room. My fiancé is having a heart attack. CAN THEY EAT LEAVES\STEMS I’ve never deliberately fed it to them cuz I’m not sure if it’s ok. They are our little domestic pets. And they love it if it’s ok I’ll gladly save my trimmed (no flower) leaves to them. And maybe dried stocks.
Almost everything I see is very outdated it’s 2020 t-9days till 2021 there has to be some updated info.

I would most definitely say for sure. My cats eat them, beg for them non stop honestly. I see benefits in their mood, and playfulness as well as sleeping. I suggest giving it a go one each at a time and going from there.

As far as a proper answer goes- I don’t know for sure. As far as I’ve ever read there’s no evidence of toxicity with rabbits. I think it’s safe to assume that we would know by now, given the number of bunnies and people and pot plants in the world. I once found a horde of baby bunnies, about the size of chipmunks, on my floor eating a dried bud that I had dropped. Nobody had any ill effects. I try to limit the amount of fresh leaf they eat, partly because I don’t know for sure, and partly because dried material is actually easier on their stomachs.

Ha ha ha I actually came back here to post because that just what happened now. I decarbed a few ounces of pot tonight to make skin cream with, and then when I was sitting on the floor pulling the stems out of the panful, bunny was absolutely frantic to eat some. I was fending him off the whole tIme.
He must have got some that fell on the floor though

He was just so hungry all night! :laughtwo: I didn’t even figure it till later, ha ha, but he kept following me around begging for food and eating and eating and eating. I was like Wtf -because he never acts like that.

He’s eaten about three days worth of food just tonight! That’s good. He’s an old bunny, on medication and stays inside the house right now where it’s warm on these winter nights.
Anway, he seems really happy and comfortable tonight. Now he’s just staring into space lol.

I think the decarbed weed will become a regular thing once I figure out the dosage, and I’ll post here for lack of a better place.

:bongrip:

Ha ha ha I actually came back here to post because that just what happened now. I decarbed a few ounces of pot tonight to make skin cream with, and then when I was sitting on the floor pulling the stems out of the panful, bunny was absolutely frantic to eat some. I was fending him off the whole tIme.
He must have got some that fell on the floor though

He was just so hungry all night! :laughtwo: I didn’t even figure it till later, ha ha, but he kept following me around begging for food and eating and eating and eating. I was like Wtf -because he never acts like that.

He’s eaten about three days worth of food just tonight! That’s good. He’s an old bunny, on medication and stays inside the house right now where it’s warm on these winter nights.
Anway, he seems really happy and comfortable tonight. Now he’s just staring into space lol.

I think the decarbed weed will become a regular thing once I figure out the dosage, and I’ll post here for lack of a better place.

:bongrip:
My girl cat literally screams in my face for leaves. She can be quite a lil bitch until she gets what she wants. I didn't have any to give a couple weeks ago so she thought it was okay to jump on counters and on top of the fridge and just push things off . Cause that's what I get for spoiling and worshiping her existence. I always wonder, how it effects them? And I know that they rely on smell and if their body doesn't need it they won't eat it. But still, are they having self indulging tendencies? Or do they really biologically need it? Especially with how they react to being told no when you have no sugar leaves to spare. Idk maybe I got too high and thinking too much into it. :ganjamon::rofl:

Animals can be pretty amazing sometimes. This bunny has had intermittent tooth problems, and since it started last summer, he suddenly got a craving for plantain leaves. A plant that he’s ignored for the last ten years.

Plantain is a natural toothache remedy and I have it growing wild in my greenhouse for that reason, ever since I had a toothache about ten years ago.
After he got the tooth problems it’s about all he’d eat from the greenhouse. He’d wander the whole building looking for it and gobbling it down.

How does a bunny know? It actually kind of gave my spine a tingle when I saw his plantain obsession.

I feel like the same thing is going on with the weed. Something is in there he needs. It was extremely smelly coming out of the oven, so I can see why he might be attracted. But he’d just had a full meal and unlike your cat he’s never pushy at all. Last night I was basically flinging him back repeatedly as he kept trying to push his nose into the panful.

<———this guy is just over 9yrs old now. My mom and sister have a homemade pot cookie or 2 every night for bed. Well they tend to give him between the 2 of them, about 1/2 to 3/4 of a fair sized cookie. It started as a let’s just see if it helps him sleep. He had no weird freak out reactions, but did become sleepy and mellow. Now he knows the sound of the bag they keep them in, and begs them both for his pieces.

What about thiso_O went grocery shopping got strawberries and this thing was in there. Mebbe a bit too much P and K during flowering:laugh:
20210219_182425.jpg

What about thiso_O went grocery shopping got strawberries and this thing was in there. Mebbe a bit too much P and K during flowering:laugh:
20210219_182425.jpg
Radioactive? remind me of a scene on Gilligan's Island

Back
Top Bottom