Can U-shaped gardening staples be used to LST plants or will they damage roots?

kurt7825

420 Member
i bought these 12 inch ones off of amazon.
71WtOKCDC3L_SL1500_.jpg

I also have 6 inch ones. Can they be used to bend and tie down plants for "LST" training or will they damage roots if they pierce them?

i've seen pics of people using cut off coat hangers but would like to verify its okay first.

i am 3 weeks in Vegetative stage from seed. Not sure how big the root system is. Only second time growing

Thank you

Re: Can "U shaped" gardening staples be used to "LST" plants or will they damage root

Sure they can....

I use fuzzy pipe cleaners, they work great, and on the fabric pots I'll use the black clips for papers and attach the cleaners to the silver ears..

Lots of things work great

Re: Can "U shaped" gardening staples be used to "LST" plants or will they damage root

Fuzzy pipe cleaners work great until they get dust or dirt on em then they just spray a fine mist of whatever's stuck to em whenever you move em.
Garden wire that looks like a long twist tie in a coil works best imo. You can coil one around a stick like a spring and make a splint to help train or mainline.

My pipe cleaners are pristine after many uses.

Maybe yer just sloppy.

You cant beat pipe cleaners, great things and pennys to buy!

Pipe cleaners ftw

IMG_217628.JPG
See look how sloppy that is...OCD advocacy group would die...

Lololololol

But would be tuff to water, but like the safety pins, great idea

See look how sloppy that is...OCD advocacy group would die...

Lololololol

But would be tuff to water, but like the safety pins, great idea

Sloppy? How is that sloppy lol. And it's not hard to water. I have a small hose hooked up to a water pump

I use those staples in my soil plants. Be sure to get galvanized ones or they will rust, which I doubt is too bad for anything but not pleasant.

okay thanks guys for your help. some of the gardening staples will be placed in the soil in the middle of the pot and go down about 5 inches. i was really worried i might pierce the root or break off a piece of the root and cause some damage to the plant.

i saw those fuzzy pipe cleaners at Staples and almost bought them but didn't know if they'd work lol.

Back
Top Bottom