Canada Guy's 2017 Outdoor Alberta Gold

Growers...riddle me this...if my plants are either a sativa or indica then why would it matter if the trichs are cloudy or amber? Wouldn't the effect correlate with the species instead of time? Im curious because my lady looks ready but the trichs looks clear/cloudy?

Growers...riddle me this....if my plants are either a sativa or indica then why would it matter if the trichs are cloudy or amber? Wouldn't the effect correlate with the species instead of time? Im curious because my lady looks ready but the trichs looks clear/cloudy?

Most people like thier sativas more cloudy clear anyways. It's indica dominate that you want your higher anger to desire ..

Yup shows sun and a beautiful week as I believe we rather close in distance.

Nice I'm in midland area .

No rain chance til Sunday next week my plants need the light . o don't know about yours but it's rain a lot this year .

What temp should I fear bud?
Every plant is different, my girl likes colder rather than warmer. In general I have found a plant in the dirt will still survive going down to -5 at night for a couple days as long as it's warm during the day. Plants in pots I would take inside at 0 degrees. Any lower than -5 or for longer than a week of cold nights and she will be hurting. Heavy frost will also damage her green parts, I would recommend a tarp or something, it will keep you going till harvest in late October unless it gets really cold or a lot of snow comes at once. I imagine an outdoor plant for a full day of near 0 degrees would not be happy at all. If you're anywhere in Canada where it snows you are just hoping and praying mother nature holds out long enough to finish the girls.

Growers...riddle me this...if my plants are either a sativa or indica then why would it matter if the trichs are cloudy or amber? Wouldn't the effect correlate with the species instead of time? Im curious because my lady looks ready but the trichs looks clear/cloudy?
How about some pics? Of the buds/hairs, and of the Trichomes? You effect is based on the genetics of the plant, Trichomes are an extension of that. A heavy sativa with amber trichs may even out the 'high' so it's mind and body not just all in your head. This is how I understand it to work.

Every plant is different, my girl likes colder rather than warmer. In general I have found a plant in the dirt will still survive going down to -5 at night for a couple days as long as it's warm during the day. Plants in pots I would take inside at 0 degrees. Any lower than -5 or for longer than a week of cold nights and she will be hurting. Heavy frost will also damage her green parts, I would recommend a tarp or something, it will keep you going till harvest in late October unless it gets really cold or a lot of snow comes at once. I imagine an outdoor plant for a full day of near 0 degrees would not be happy at all. If you're anywhere in Canada where it snows you are just hoping and praying mother nature holds out long enough to finish the girls.

Yup that's me fools old Canadian kid

Thanks for explaining we've hit low of 6 with chill. Looking ahead at my forecast I'm safe for next two weeks easy. Still showing 15 at night ..

Yup that's me fools old Canadian kid

Thanks for explaining we've hit low of 6 with chill. Looking ahead at my forecast I'm safe for next two weeks easy. Still showing 15 at night ..
Next Friday we are supposed to hit the big 0 over night... I may build a shelter for her yet this year... hard to just let her die. Look at these organic flowers, would you let her freeze?

420-magazine-mobile1345003953.jpg

How about some pics? Of the buds/hairs, and of the Trichomes? You effect is based on the genetics of the plant, Trichomes are an extension of that. A heavy sativa with amber trichs may even out the 'high' so it's mind and body not just all in your head. This is how I understand it to work.
Here you go. This is up for anyone who might have some input.
420-magazine-mobile1270142657.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1176630990.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1321320162.jpg
420-magazine-mobile306509727.jpg

Ol girl needs to pick up the pace. Not sure exactly where ur at in berta but here in Edmonton it's starting to get cool overnight. And I don't like it.
It's getting chilly here too... something happened with her... she should have massive flowers by now... oh well. Next year will be better.

It's getting chilly here too... something happened with her... she should have massive flowers by now... oh well. Next year will be better.

Yeah I expected to see some more flowering going on. Stupid weather in our Northern climate, we can take a little comfort in knowing our electricity is pretty cheap for taking it indoors lol

Back
Top Bottom