Candida CD-1

This may sound stupid but something I'm yet to work out. Once harvested, am I meant to hang them in my tent for a few days? Then transfer them to mason jars? To finish curing?

Can I keep them in the marson jars to store them long term?

I have a little fridge, can I keep them in there? Should I turn the fridge off or keep it on?
Couple thing to get

The mini hydrometers for the jars, don't need one for every jar, I just have two

62% bovita packs to regulate Rh in the jars

I like using my fridge to dry. Hang for 4-8hrs, place buds in paper sacks in fridge crisper drawers for about a week. Into jars, if Rh us above 70% , back in fridge for a day

Once in the jars treat as normal for the next month or so till cured

If u decided to hang to dry still get the meters and boveda, they are a must have

Couple thing to get

The mini hydrometers for the jars, don't need one for every jar, I just have two

62% bovita packs to regulate Rh in the jars

I like using my fridge to dry. Hang for 4-8hrs, place buds in paper sacks in fridge crisper drawers for about a week. Into jars, if Rh us above 70% , back in fridge for a day

Once in the jars treat as normal for the next month or so till cured

If u decided to hang to dry still get the meters and boveda, they are a must have

Lol glad I asked, will get those bits.

Thankfully have a couple of all in one monitor that tells me humidity reading so will do that.

Ok going on eBay to get those bits then, glad I can use the fridge that's handy!

So hang for 8-hours in tent, put in paper bags and into fridge for a week, if ok put into jars, providing humidity reading is lower than 70%, that's all correct?

When they then go into the jars, can I store them in the fridge once in jars? Or like a cupboard is best?

Thankyou again for your wise advise . going to nickname you "the bud budda" lol

Lol glad I asked, will get those bits.

Thankfully have a couple of all in one monitor that tells me humidity reading so will do that.

Ok going on eBay to get those bits then, glad I can use the fridge that's handy!

So hang for 8-hours in tent, put in paper bags and into fridge for a week, if ok put into jars, providing humidity reading is lower than 70%, that's all correct?

When they then go into the jars, can I store them in the fridge once in jars? Or like a cupboard is best?

Thankyou again for your wise advise . going to nickname you "the bud budda" lol
I have mine in a cupboard, burp em , check em, smell em

This may sound stupid but something I’m yet to work out. Once harvested, am I meant to hang them in my tent for a few days? Then transfer them to mason jars? To finish curing?

Can I keep them in the marson jars to store them long term?

I have a little fridge, can I keep them in there? Should I turn the fridge off or keep it on?

Hey aspiegeek,

Nothing at all stupid about that question!!! You will find a process that you like and, if it works for you, it is the right process. I have a friend who drys his crispy dry and it tastes like ass and will make you cough up a lung... that is how he likes it LOL. I read through Chris Scorpio's process and he and I agree on a few things. You need to get a few mini hydrometers and 62% Boveda packs. I use 1 Liter Mason Jars and put 1 8 gram Bovida pack in each jar for the long term.

Here is my process.
FYI: The pictures below are not all from the same grow but I thought a graphic may help me explain my process.
1. before cutting them down, I pull all the large leaves off then cut and hang.
IMG_20160811_073016.jpg

2. I have a humidistate in my grow room so I set that at 60 rh. I leave the plants whole for 24 hours then cut the individual branches off and hang them.
IMG_20160812_223352.jpg
IMG_20161106_184712.jpg

3. I wet trim so, after all of the branches are hung, I trim them and hang them back up. I find that this give me plenty of time to trim over time because they will hang for 3 to 5 days. I test them by giving them a squeeze... they will start to get a little crisp but not crumble. The smaller buds will dry quicker so I cut them off and lay them on the drying rack. As they dry, i cut the the buds off the branches but leave the stems on them.
IMG_20160814_142416.jpg

4. I have casserole dishes that I use for the curing process. After the above step, i put the buds (stems on) in the dishes with the mini hydrometers. I burp them in these dished until they maintain a 60% - 62% rh for 24 hours. (the RH readings are low in the picture below because I had just fluffed up the buds... the ambient RH was about 45)
IMG_20170206_165730_edit_edit.jpg

IMG_20160311_214231.jpg

5. Once the above is achieved, I do a final trim to remove the stems and put the buds into Mason jars with the Boveda pack. I put the mini hydrometers in random jars and check them over the next week to make sure the humidity stays at 62%. Once I am comfortable, I pull a 20 inch vacuum on the jars and store them in a cool storage area which is 65-67 degrees. I have some in storage now that is over a year old and is almost as good as it was the day I put it away.
IMG_20161126_083025.jpg

H420

Hey aspiegeek,

Nothing at all stupid about that question!!! You will find a process that you like and, if it works for you, it is the right process. I have a friend who drys his crispy dry and it tastes like ass and will make you cough up a lung... that is how he likes it LOL. I read through Chris Scorpio's process and he and I agree on a few things. You need to get a few mini hydrometers and 62% Boveda packs. I use 1 Liter Mason Jars and put 1 8 gram Bovida pack in each jar for the long term.

Here is my process.
FYI: The pictures below are not all from the same grow but I thought a graphic may help me explain my process.
1. before cutting them down, I pull all the large leaves off then cut and hang.
IMG_20160811_073016.jpg

2. I have a humidistate in my grow room so I set that at 60 rh. I leave the plants whole for 24 hours then cut the individual branches off and hang them.
IMG_20160812_223352.jpg
IMG_20161106_184712.jpg

3. I wet trim so, after all of the branches are hung, I trim them and hang them back up. I find that this give me plenty of time to trim over time because they will hang for 3 to 5 days. I test them by giving them a squeeze... they will start to get a little crisp but not crumble. The smaller buds will dry quicker so I cut them off and lay them on the drying rack. As they dry, i cut the the buds off the branches but leave the stems on them.
IMG_20160814_142416.jpg

4. I have casserole dishes that I use for the curing process. After the above step, i put the buds (stems on) in the dishes with the mini hydrometers. I burp them in these dished until they maintain a 60% - 62% rh for 24 hours. (the RH readings are low in the picture below because I had just fluffed up the buds... the ambient RH was about 45)
IMG_20170206_165730_edit_edit.jpg

IMG_20160311_214231.jpg

5. Once the above is achieved, I do a final trim to remove the stems and put the buds into Mason jars with the Boveda pack. I put the mini hydrometers in random jars and check them over the next week to make sure the humidity stays at 62%. Once I am comfortable, I pull a 20 inch vacuum on the jars and store them in a cool storage area which is 65-67 degrees. I have some in storage now that is over a year old and is almost as good as it was the day I put it away.
IMG_20161126_083025.jpg

H420

That's so awesome! I'm going to save all that info! Big help thankyou.

I've ordered the packs and extra meters. Just got to find some jars & pos a drying rack.

We have very high humidity here and specially where the girls are. I have a dehumidifier that controls it.

Can I actually put the dehumidifier in the tent when there drying? It doesn't kick out heat but it does clean the air, kill bacteria etc

Also concerned about the smell till there in there jars, can I keep the extractor fan on with carbon filter attached?

Presuming once in jars, the jars will retain the smell.

That’s so awesome! I’m going to save all that info! Big help thankyou.

I’ve ordered the packs and extra meters. Just got to find some jars & pos a drying rack.

We have very high humidity here and specially where the girls are. I have a dehumidifier that controls it.

Can I actually put the dehumidifier in the tent when there drying? It doesn’t kick out heat but it does clean the air, kill bacteria etc

Also concerned about the smell till there in there jars, can I keep the extractor fan on with carbon filter attached?

Presuming once in jars, the jars will retain the smell.
You need to have air flow so the extraction fan (with filter) is all good.... I keep mine going. You probably noticed that there is a fan in my room when drying but it is not blowing directly on the crop and it set on low. I have my dehumidifier in my grow room but mine is connected to a humidistat so it will shut down when the air gets too dry. They do put out heat, maybe not much but with the high humidity you will notice it. That said; with the extraction fan going, you will probably be ok. Just monitor it until you know for sure. Once in the jars, there will be no smell.

You need to have air flow so the extraction fan (with filter) is all good.... I keep mine going. You probably noticed that there is a fan in my room when drying but it is not blowing directly on the crop and it set on low. I have my dehumidifier in my grow room but mine is connected to a humidistat so it will shut down when the air gets too dry. They do put out heat, maybe not much but with the high humidity you will notice it. That said; with the extraction fan going, you will probably be ok. Just monitor it until you know for sure. Once in the jars, there will be no smell.

Fantastic! Yes my dehumidifier does the same, it will stop when it reaches the desired setting. Well it will when I figure out how to work it lol

Kool will keep my extractor fan on then as least that helps with the smell till they go in there jars. We have a very nosy neighbor so I need to be careful re smell. Thankfully being winter and cold it doesn't carry the smell as easy as warm weather.

Will def keep a close eye on it. Not dreading it quite so much now lol didn't want to do all this work then screw up the last stage!

Fantastic! Yes my dehumidifier does the same, it will stop when it reaches the desired setting.

Will def keep a close eye on it. Not dreading it quite so much now lol didn’t want to do all this work then screw up the last stage!
I keep mine set to 60% through the whole drying process.

You must have been reading all the horror stories about people loosing their whole crop during the dry/cure stage? It always makes me a little anxious too but if you take your time and don't try to speed up the process, you will be fine.

I keep mine set to 60% through the whole drying process.

You must have been reading all the horror stories about people loosing their whole crop during the dry/cure stage? It always makes me a little anxious too but if you take your time and don't try to speed up the process, you will be fine.

Lol yes! Was reading a lot of how it went wrong! And was really concerned i would screw it up. But feeling more confident now. I still have the wardrobe I was using for the grow to start with, so I think when there in jars I'll put them in there as it's a steady temp in my spare room, dry and I can lock it up! So will just do the trimming, hang dry etc in the tent where they are at mo.

Going to town this weekend to see if I can find mason jars any cheaper as 1L jars for 6 are £24. Seems expensive but maybe that's the going rate lol only other issue is I'm not sure how many jars I'm likely to need .

Breeder says 9 weeks, so we shall see, they need at least 3-4 more weeks easy

I'm hoping to pollinate this Candida with kilamanjaro pollen I'll get soon, like a few days, not sure if it will take, but Gunna try, should be fun

Breeder says 9 weeks, so we shall see, they need at least 3-4 more weeks easy

I'm hoping to pollinate this Candida with kilamanjaro pollen I'll get soon, like a few days, not sure if it will take, but Gunna try, should be fun

Ohhh sounds interesting! The Candida seeds are fairly expensive so def worth doing if your able too. I was hoping to take some clones but we maybe moving in Feb so will have to start again with seeds once move is over with.

I heard 9-weeks aswell so looking forward to seeing how long your girl needs as hopefully will give me a clue on mine.

Ohhh sounds interesting! The Candida seeds are fairly expensive so def worth doing if your able too. I was hoping to take some clones but we maybe moving in Feb so will have to start again with seeds once move is over with.

I heard 9-weeks aswell so looking forward to seeing how long your girl needs as hopefully will give me a clue on mine.
My 1st one I had a light issue, freaking punched a button on my timer and it came on at the 6th hr for like an HR. Was like that for like two weeks or so

All my plants started to re-veg, Candy was the farthest along and took it really hard

Buds really never packed up, so am reallyyyyyyyyy excited this time. Before the re- veg she was looking fantastic.....

I also have ACDC started, think I mentioned that, I hope to get a male and creat a bunch of seeds
420-magazine-mobile95312161.jpg

Fun fun fun

Back
Top Bottom