Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

I would like to take this time to thank all of our Military personnel for their service to our country. And to those brave personnel who lost their lives, were wounded, or suffered effects of their service....my heart and sincere gratitude go out to you!

This will be a day with some sadness and some comfort. Hopefully the two will balance out as you are surrounded by friends/loved ones.
If you have no one to comfort you today, please accept a comforting hug from someone you can't see....but is truly there in spirit.

:hug:

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

Good Morning to you too, Dennise! :circle-of-love:

I've been busy outside, sunshine right now but storms heading in later.

I got the trellis tacked up, I left them flat as TassieDevil suggested and they straightened out enough to get them up. I like the fact that they don't look new or fresh wood. Fresh look attracts attention. I pulled an old horse watering trough in front and an old hanging grain feed bin, so it looks like things have been there forever.

Haven_2.jpg

This is the other side of the haven. I had tacked up black gardening cloth, you can see through it somewhat when the sun is out..but not when it's cloudy or dark out. I did this due to a Bobcat I had spotted on a couple of occasions sitting in the woods watching my chickens. I'm going to re-tack it and leave it up there.

Haven_3.jpg

The inside is all ready for plants, I planted some herbs in one corner.

Haven_1.jpg

Once you get your cannabis into that soil it's going to explode Canna. This is going to be such fun to watch. I like the stealthy effect you brought with some well-placed items.:goodjob:

Re: Cannafan's Return To Growing - Autos Indoors - Purples & Wildlings - Outdoor Grow

Okay, Wildlings will be in the title change for sure. :)

I'm up early for being a day off. I think my brain is now trained to wake me up at 4:00 a.m. on work days. LOL
Haven't checked on the new kids yet, I'm reading and enjoying a cuppa.

Radogast, you and I are so much alike. I built a rock waterfall flowing into the pond a few years ago. It didn't turn out great, but I love the sound of it when I sit on the deck. The frogs love hanging out on it. :laughtwo: Be sure to share pics on the seasons thread!

Have a comforting and safe day everyone!

:circle-of-love:

My son would love your waterfall of frogs! lol He forever hunting in the ditches for them and tadpoles, too.

:laugh:

I got the trellis tacked up, I left them flat as TassieDevil suggested and they straightened out enough to get them up. I like the fact that they don't look new or fresh wood. Fresh look attracts attention. I pulled an old horse watering trough in front and an old hanging grain feed bin, so it looks like things have been there forever.

This is the other side of the haven. I had tacked up black gardening cloth, you can see through it somewhat when the sun is out..but not when it's cloudy or dark out. I did this due to a Bobcat I had spotted on a couple of occasions sitting in the woods watching my chickens. I'm going to re-tack it and leave it up there.

The inside is all ready for plants, I planted some herbs in one corner.

This looks great from the outside and like its been just like that for a long while, fits right in. :blushsmile: Those closeup pictures you took of the seed just coming out were awesome. I nominate you for PICture of the Month. lol

Yes! :bravo: Excellent title change.

Canna, I can't tell you how satisfying it is to be able to ride along on one of your delightful journals. Reading yours and Sorenna's has loosened me up even more. LOL! Ni'm not sure the community can take even more of me, but we shall see. Haha!

I'll be watching for proof of a productive gardening day outdoors. Love your photos too. We've all just turned into gardening fools haven't we? I guess we were already there. :laughtwo::green_heart:

Hi SweetSue :ciao: :blushsmile:

This looks great from the outside and like its been just like that for a long while, fits right in. :blushsmile: Those closeup pictures you took of the seed just coming out were awesome. I nominate you for PICture of the Month. lol

I wish we had a "Pic of The Month" here. There are so many awesome pictures being posted by members on these journals.
Of course, due to picture manipulation and enhancing it couldn't be possible to do it with any kind of prizes awarded.
Just a member vote would be fun. LOL

And thanks all, I'm glad you like the stealth set up. I think it works too. :)

I agree. Pic of the month would be awesome. As for changes to pictures, I think crops and resizes are okay. Thats what I do to mine. Sometimes I get a little more creative, but usually only to magnify or point out a particular feature of the photo.

Yes, a member poll for "bragging rights" would be pretty cool. Can regular members start a poll? Just curious if anyone knows.

I agree. Pic of the month would be awesome. As for changes to pictures, I think crops and resizes are okay. Thats what I do to mine. Sometimes I get a little more creative, but usually only to magnify or point out a particular feature of the photo.

Yes, a member poll for "bragging rights" would be pretty cool. Can regular members start a poll? Just curious if anyone knows.

Yeah, I think polls are allowed. I forget how to do them though. LOL I saw one yesterday where a member created one for voting on whether his plant was male or female, so I know it's done.

I do resizing and sometimes sharpness. That's really about it. If they aren't sharp on the phone when I take the pic, they get deleted before even uploading to computer.

Im using an actual camera and I cant get really close up shots without blur. So I take them out as far as a I need to get it clear and then I blow it up in my photo program. Still no where near the clarity or quality of yours. :blushsmile:

Hi SweetSue :ciao: :blushsmile:

Hi Baby. :ciao::battingeyelashes:

I'll be stopping over next.

Im using an actual camera and I cant get really close up shots without blur. So I take them out as far as a I need to get it clear and then I blow it up in my photo program. Still no where near the clarity or quality of yours. :blushsmile:

Here's a trick I use to get in tight close ups. I tape a jewelers loupe onto the back of my smart phone, over the camera lens. I've done the same thing with digital cameras after I have zoomed them out. (have to be quick with those, inactivity sometimes shuts the camera down and you don't want the zoom to go back in with the loupe taped on there)
Once it is taped in place, I rubber band the phone to a tripod or monopod and get in where I need to be for the subject. I can get within a half an inch or so away just by making sure my arms are stable on something, or the phone itself. (A bean bag is a good trick for that, to hold it steady)
The one thing you need to concentrate most on is holding the camera/phone steady, any little shake will produce blur. Take a few shots, not just one..and pick the clearest.
You can even do this with a magnifying glass over the lens, the quality around the edges won't be great...but the center of the pic is usually good.

Hope that helps ya. :)

Also, you probably already know this...but check for a "macro" setting on your camera. It used to be identified with a little flower. ;-) That's what is for close ups with those.

Here's a trick I use to get in tight close ups. I tape a jewelers loupe onto the back of my smart phone, over the camera lens. I've done the same thing with digital cameras after I have zoomed them out. (have to be quick with those, inactivity sometimes shuts the camera down and you don't want the zoom to go back in with the loupe taped on there)
Once it is taped in place, I rubber band the phone to a tripod or monopod and get in where I need to be for the subject. I can get within a half an inch or so away just by making sure my arms are stable on something, or the phone itself. (A bean bag is a good trick for that, to hold it steady)
The one thing you need to concentrate most on is holding the camera/phone steady, any little shake will produce blur. Take a few shots, not just one..and pick the clearest.
You can even do this with a magnifying glass over the lens, the quality around the edges won't be great...but the center of the pic is usually good.

Hope that helps ya. :)

This is very helpful, thank you! The older I get, the less steady my hands get. I know some of it is my fault, but I get to blame the camera since it cant contradict my story. :)

I have yet to get a loupe. I have a magnifying glass, but it might take an act of God to find it. lol Ill look for it.

Your picture technique is much more involved than my point, click and hope style. lol

Cash Crop is out from the darkness and trying to shake a shell in the last couple hours. What I find interesting about this one is that it appears to have possibly 3 cotyledons coming out. Look closely and you will see three separate green areas.
(She's gotten herself a mess to shake off. LOL)

cash_crop_2.jpg

Cash_crop_1.jpg

Or maybe a new first true leaf started early?

Cash Crop is out from the darkness and trying to shake a shell in the last couple hours. What I find interesting about this one is that it appears to have possibly 3 cotyledons coming out. Look closely and you will see three separate green areas.
(She's gotten herself a mess to shake off. LOL)

cash_crop_2.jpg

Cash_crop_1.jpg

Or maybe a new first true leaf started early?

I'm going to go with a true leaf.

More! More! Hahaha!

UPDATE INVENTORY

Probably the last post for the day...."What??? No way...the way YOU yack???" :rofl: Funnier thing is, I don't talk much off cyberspace. I just listen to the world. LOL

Here's an inventory on plants:

9.5 Wildlings going strong seedlings

2 Purple Cheese seedlings
1 Purple Cheese about to sprout (black taproot seed)
1 Cash Crop sprout
1 Pyramid Purple sprout
1 Original Sens. Seeds Purple seedling
1 Buddha sprout
1 Buddha about to sprout

So 8 in the grow room at the moment. Still waiting on two seeds, one Cash crop and one OSS Purple.

3 seeds from over saturation are confirmed deceased. :rip:

2 seeds are in emergency CPR paper towel mode to see if we can keep them going. ( I believe one is a Buddha and one is a Pyramid Purple)

Thats a lot of plants. I cant wait to see them grow into big girls. Particularly the outdoor ones.

:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom