Today I took one plant in and started the super crop process. Over the new week or so I'll let it grow and tweak to make sure there is air flowing and it won't get too tall for the lights.
I've got blisters on my fingers!

Choc1_SuperCrop2_07252021.jpg

Choc1_SuperCrop3_07252021.jpg

Choc1_SuperCrop_07252021.jpg

I'm still concerned about your light pollution.

I'm still concerned about your light pollution.
Hi Shed, when you grew chocs, did they flower in 54 to 60 days as stated on weedseedexpress? Based on individual growing methods I'd expect there a range of time, but how close was it? TY!

While I was paying attention to my chocs this happened. Seeded this last week of April and it got stunted. Later figured out that one of the tie down pipe cleaners got stuck under the soil and was strangling it. Yesterday checked trichomes because aside from being tiny with tiny buds, looks done. There are quite a few light amber trichomes that aren't coming through on pics very well, but I do not mind if this one get s a bit overdone. I'll use it for sleep edibles.

GSC_trichomes_07262021.jpg

GSC_trichomes2_07262021.jpg

Hard to tell from the pic but that's a fan leaf, and fan leaf trichomes don't count since we trim most of those away. Check the calyxes when figuring harvest windows.
Hi Shed, when you grew chocs, did they flower in 54 to 60 days as stated on weedseedexpress?
I chopped mine 62 days post flip, but it probably could have gone longer. Maybe closer to 70. Remember, outside plants get amber sooner but that shouldn't count toward harvest time.

Can't tell about the rest for certain but that cropped branch front right looks like it needs support. It looks like it's hanging below horizontal already!
I know I've got some cleanup and tie downs to improve airflow to do, but not sure who to anchor the big cropped branches. I've been looking for clues. The messiness of both plants messes with my control issue. DOH!

While I'm waiting for my indoor plants to get settled, I'm now concerned about outside Choc. She's bit and beautiful with flowers. My helper has agreed to build an shelter for her, but that won't be done until this weekend.

I've had ants crawling on her and this morning discovered tiny white bugs on her flowers. I think they are aphids. It's cloudy today so I spray her good with Bonide Bon-Neem and hope that helps. I do understand that it gets more into flowering stage, I'll need to back off the neem oil and use spinosad instead. Today I used what I have.

But, but but... is she changing sexes?

OutsideChocSex_08092021.jpg

Not from that pic, but something is eating the plant. I'd stay clear of neem in flower as it will brown your pistils and can affect the taste. I stay clear of pyrethrins always.

I use Safer insect killing soap made from potassium salts. Spray the entire plant (stems, leaf tops and bottoms) first thing in the morning and rinse it off the next morning. Do that every three days for a couple of weeks and then stop. Then do once a week as a preventative.

That's outside growing!

Not from that pic, but something is eating the plant. I'd stay clear of neem in flower as it will brown your pistils and can affect the taste. I stay clear of pyrethrins always.

I use Safer insect killing soap made from potassium salts. Spray the entire plant (stems, leaf tops and bottoms) first thing in the morning and rinse it off the next morning. Do that every three days for a couple of weeks and then stop. Then do once a week as a preventative.

That's outside growing!
Got it and Ty!

So, we're putting together a pvc fort so the one plant. Just looking for a fabric or something to cover it during dark period. While I'm figuring that out I'm running out of decent weather and need to flip tomorrow.

Good news! I harvested one of the GSC's on 07/13, it's dried and cured. I had a fan on it while it was drying and thought I had wrecked it. Not true! And though I have a lot to learn about this part of the process, I do believe I have some success on this one. Not smooth at all, but wow is it potent. :bongrip:

Problem: I noted a few leaves near the bottom turning yellow and a few leaves near the top have tiny yellow to brown tips. I can't tell if this is nitrogen or some other problem. I had to wait again for grow big and it didn't get nitrogen for a week, so I guess that would be it, but would that also explain the tips? I thought brown tips indicated nutrient lockout. She's definitely not getting too much nutrients. Wondering if it's the root ball but do not know how to detect that.

Sun is too bring for pictures right now. I'll try to get some at dusk.

Back
Top Bottom