Cannapot Sponsored Grow: Bushman's & Amnesia F2 Regulars, By Emilya

Most of what you have read so far is all about the plants that are in my veg room. I do have one Amnesia that I transplanted early to its final container.

That plant is now in the bloom room, and is 12 days into flower. Here are a couple of snaps to show you what is happening in there:

DSCF0222.JPG
DSCF0213.JPG
At what point do you begin your flower day 1? Obviously when you see signs of flower, but does that include the "pre-flower" pistils? I'm not even sure if I'm saying that right? Or do you wait until you see white hairs inside the bud? That was the difference of 7 days for me

At what point do you begin your flower day 1? Obviously when you see signs of flower, but does that include the "pre-flower" pistils? I'm not even sure if I'm saying that right? Or do you wait until you see white hairs inside the bud? That was the difference of 7 days for me
Yes, it sounds like you have tagged the right moment... it usually takes 7 days on a 60 day plant... longer running hybrids and sativas can take 10-11 days to transition. So yes, my Bloom Day 1 in this case was 7 days after the flip. I am basically waiting for the growth tips to stop throwing out new green growth and replace it with pistils.

Bloom, Day 19
Days since last watering - 6
Days since last foliar - 7
Days since last feed - 12

Age of plant - 120 days

Today was foliar spray day for all the plants in the gardens. I have resolved to get up there to do this every 3 days until the bugs are gone.

I also want to give you a picture of the Amnesia plant in the bloom room. She has a beautiful shape and is producing a very large number of buds. She also seems to love the treatment she is getting. Here she is praying hard, with water about a day or two away. It will also be feeding time when she gets watered.

The rest of the plants in this run are still in the veg room. We are about to transplant them into larger containers so as to be ready to move into the bloom room as soon as these are finished and by not hurrying them, ,I am able to get by with only heating 1 room so far, and hopefully for the rest of the winter, as long as I time this right.

So here is our beautiful girl, blooming hard under the 12:20/11:40 light.

DSCF0228.JPG
DSCF0227.JPG
DSCF0226.JPG

Back in the veg rooms, I have 6 plants waiting to go into bloom. These plants are now 148 days into the grow and by forcing them to remain in veg all this time, they have developed into very complex plants with lots and lots of prebud sites. I have been holding them at this stage by giving them as little water as I can to keep them going as well as restricting them to the 3 gallon containers. This week I am going to move them up to at least 5 gallon containers in preparation of the bloom room emptying out in the next 2 -3 weeks.

We will then move the plants into bloom. I have 2 Amnesia plants (long running Sativas) and 4 Bushmans plants that boast of a 45 day bloom period.

These plants also got nematodes 9 days ago, and the thrip problem appears to have been solved. No cleanup of the plants has been done yet. They are being watered about every 4 days right now, just enough to keep the soil damp and the beneficial bugs alive. Prior to applying the bugs, they were droughted a bit too much. I almost lost one plant and the others lost a bunch of leaves. The transplant and some additional attention to the watering should green these plants up pretty quickly.

DSCF0243.JPG
DSCF0244.JPG
DSCF0245.JPG

Back in the veg rooms, I have 6 plants waiting to go into bloom. These plants are now 148 days into the grow and by forcing them to remain in veg all this time, they have developed into very complex plants with lots and lots of prebud sites. I have been holding them at this stage by giving them as little water as I can to keep them going as well as restricting them to the 3 gallon containers. This week I am going to move them up to at least 5 gallon containers in preparation of the bloom room emptying out in the next 2 -3 weeks.

We will then move the plants into bloom. I have 2 Amnesia plants (long running Sativas) and 4 Bushmans plants that boast of a 45 day bloom period.

These plants also got nematodes 9 days ago, and the thrip problem appears to have been solved. No cleanup of the plants has been done yet. They are being watered about every 4 days right now, just enough to keep the soil damp and the beneficial bugs alive. Prior to applying the bugs, they were droughted a bit too much. I almost lost one plant and the others lost a bunch of leaves. The transplant and some additional attention to the watering should green these plants up pretty quickly.

DSCF0243.JPG
DSCF0244.JPG
DSCF0245.JPG
I had no idea you can veg a plant for 148 days in a 3gal container! I mean, it makes sense if you are limiting your water supply then your roots grow slower I suppose? Either way, I think these are going to get pretty damn big!

The bloom room is about to clear out, giving me some more options. I had a patient fail to renew her medical card and this was one that I was using to justify legally growing up to 12 plants in each of the three stages of growth, seedling, veg and bloom. This has forced me to slow things down, and I was forced to send my "been ready for some time" vegging plants into bloom in two batches. This forced me to put my two remaining Amnesias and 3 Bushmans into a hibernation mode by forcing them to stay in their 3 gallon containers and only watering them every 6-9 days. It seems that they have been in veg forever, and today we started emerging out of this forced siesta by uppotting them to 5 gallon containers. The new soil, fertilizer, water, all will wake these plants up and get them going again as the bloom room finishes out in the next week or so. They have all had nematodes applied to the soil 23 days ago, and today I also sprayed them with @Sierra Natural Science's SNS 203 to fight off any stubborn bugs that may still be in there.

The Amnesia F2 in bloom is in a forced 11 day drought at the moment, as I am convinced it is in its last 2 weeks.

So finally we move ahead with this grown, while also confirming that it IS possible to put the plants into a holding pattern if necessary, and for quite a long period of time.

I am convinced that the plants will soon look better and I plan on giving them a couple of weeks to get used to the idea of getting back with the program. After that we will send them to bloom and I am going to start an amazing project in Veg Room #1 that will last all of this year... stay tuned for news on that. I am very excited to finally be blooming these Bushmans, a 45 day bloom!

So here are a couple of pictures from this evening, highlighting one Bushmans and one Amnesia. After this long veg, I think we can expect a massive amount of bud sites to develop once they get into a blooming light pattern. Comparing each other, we can see that the Bushmans are built for carrying a lot of bud weight and all three have trunk diameters that are a little bigger than quarter size, definitely wider than a bic lighter. They are going to be able to pull up massive amounts of water when they get going and with luck I can get them into at least a 3 day watering cycle. We will see what happens together, as I have never stalled a plant as long as these, which are now in their 5th month above the soil, planted on my birthday last year, August 23rd.

Bushmans
DSCF0285.JPG

Amnesia F2
DSCF0286.JPG

The bloom room continues to surprise me every time I look in... it keeps getting greener and healthier in there with every visit. This evening we see plants that have made a total turnaround, with no more new brown being noticed. The leaves are even showing a positive lift, especially at the top where most of the main buds are now praying to the light. Lifting a pot or two, I wouldn't be overly shocked if they used up all of this water and needed watering again in the next day or so. Things seem to be going very well. These are not the prettiest or best yielding plants I have ever seen, but compared to just 2 weeks ago, this is a huge improvement! I am sure there is still room for improvement though, and I turned on the space heater in that room too, assuring it will not get below 73 overnight when we again fall into the single Fahrenheit digits outside.

1645638593090.png

DSCF0311.JPG

DSCF0310.JPG

DSCF0309.JPG

DSCF0308.JPG

DSCF0307.JPG

I am trying to consolidate my perpetual harvest journal with this one, so for a continuation of this journal, please follow this link

Hi @Emilya ! Silly me, I was trying to "catch up" with this thread, and you discontinued it! (Haha.)
I am sorry to hear about your brother. I hope everything is well.
I will try to follow your other thread.

Back
Top Bottom