Emilya's Outdoor GeoFlora Organic Auto Journal, 2020, Unknown Master's Mix

Anthony the point you make about planning ahead and making sure you have what you will need for the grow is very important. One of the mistakes alot of people make. IMHO
yeh, you dont realize how important it is until all 5 seeds of a very expensive pack fail to germinate.. Then you have to go back and question yourself as to why... I picked a bad time to germinate, my germination plate-soaked towel was freezing cold in the morning and did not pay attention to an important detail of air circulating above and under the plate via fan.. but heat or lack of reliable heat played a big part in it.. Thermostat is set differently and lowers during the night, turns on less often.. so going to try to make sure i have all the bases covered on the next grow.

I noticed I have trouble following directions to a T.
People up their success by following dirctions and the ones who fail make excuses.. I don't want to have to learn by hard mistakes.. What i usually do is skim it twice to get the gist passing up important info.. It wasn't until the 3rd time reading that all the info clicked.. IDK, could be an ADD thing I have and like I mentioned, half assing stuff doesn't help.. so those are things I'm going to work on for the 2nd grow.

Seed Update:

Tonight after going through all of the baggies I can see that out of the 22 seeds, maybe 3 or 4 of them are not doing anything. Those are remarkably strong results considering that most of these seeds are over 5 years old. Some are beginning to pop out enormous roots, but I have set a standard that I am not going to plant them until the roots reach at least 1/2 inch in length. I suspect that tomorrow a bunch of them will have met that standard, but tonight the aggressive two that needed planting were 707 Headband and Amherst Sour Diesel. There may be more of each of these tomorrow, but that is all that got to see soil this evening. That is 4 varieties getting to this point so far, and I think that as early as tomorrow we may see our first plants to reach the surface of the soil..

Twisty is doing her thing out in the rain this afternoon and all night tonight, and then again tomorrow afternoon. Every time I look out at her she is looking strong, and praying... surely so that all the unseasonable July rain goes away, but even so she has been getting about a half a day each day of good strong sunshine. That and all the free water she can hold... what's to complain about?

Tomorrow looks to be a good day to work upstairs on the grow room after I get home and I have Friday off too, so I should be able to get some things done. Most importantly right now, I have a veg light that needs to be hung. That also reminds me to tell you about the solar project. The final plans have been approved and the engineers are preparing for the installation to start very soon... they expect completion in 30 days. I haven't done anything yet with the well or plans to move water upstairs... this too needs something in place rather quickly, or I am going to be lugging 5 gallon buckets up those windy stairs. Moving is still happening, and most of the good stuff is over here now, but there is still a lot to do as we close out the old place and move everything 25 miles to the west, one pickup load at a time.

Seed Update:

Tonight after going through all of the baggies I can see that out of the 22 seeds, maybe 3 or 4 of them are not doing anything. Those are remarkably strong results considering that most of these seeds are over 5 years old. Some are beginning to pop out enormous roots, but I have set a standard that I am not going to plant them until the roots reach at least 1/2 inch in length. I suspect that tomorrow a bunch of them will have met that standard, but tonight the aggressive two that needed planting were 707 Headband and Amherst Sour Diesel. There may be more of each of these tomorrow, but that is all that got to see soil this evening. That is 4 varieties getting to this point so far, and I think that as early as tomorrow we may see our first plants to reach the surface of the soil..

Twisty is doing her thing out in the rain this afternoon and all night tonight, and then again tomorrow afternoon. Every time I look out at her she is looking strong, and praying... surely so that all the unseasonable July rain goes away, but even so she has been getting about a half a day each day of good strong sunshine. That and all the free water she can hold... what's to complain about?

Tomorrow looks to be a good day to work upstairs on the grow room after I get home and I have Friday off too, so I should be able to get some things done. Most importantly right now, I have a veg light that needs to be hung. That also reminds me to tell you about the solar project. The final plans have been approved and the engineers are preparing for the installation to start very soon... they expect completion in 30 days. I haven't done anything yet with the well or plans to move water upstairs... this too needs something in place rather quickly, or I am going to be lugging 5 gallon buckets up those windy stairs. Moving is still happening, and most of the good stuff is over here now, but there is still a lot to do as we close out the old place and move everything 25 miles to the west, one pickup load at a time.
There's alot going on but allot getting done.. you'll be glad once you get off this treadmill and things get back to normal.. super stoked about the plants that are starting to hatch..

Seed Update:

i must of missed it, but which seed is twisty?? also, i thought you were in the middle of heat zone. Has it been raining allot?

Question Emilya :
Do you feel OK with running 2 different topics in this journal or would you feel better / more organized starting one up titled Medical Grow after you have the seedling collection up and going?, IDK kinda feels like Twisty's just a side note update and this Geoflora thread has taken on a new direction evolving into something that should be titled NEW! Grow Room Build + plant list. ?

i must of missed it, but which seed is twisty?? also, i thought you were in the middle of heat zone. Has it been raining allot?
We have been getting some rather odd weather for this area this time of year. Instead of a 2 month summer dry spell that kills the lawns while still teasing us with 90-100% humidity and with oppressive temperatures between 90-105 during the day and 90's at night, we are dropping into the 60's at night, with highs in the upper 80's to lower 90's with rain 3-4 days a week. It is my belief that this, along with the sunspot data that shows that the sun is in the beginning stages of a predicted extended decline in output, confirms that we are going into a mini ice age and that we can expect an early and harsh winter here in the midwest and much of the rest of the world.

Twisty is actually the star of this journal, the lone survivor of 4 very old Auto seeds that have been laying around in my collection.

Here she is this morning, Day 23 of Veg, enjoying a break in the rain.
DSCF8175.JPG
DSCF8174.JPG

Never fear, dear readers. Beyond the seeds germinating you will not see any more about the 22 seeds in this journal, this one is devoted to Twisty, Geoflora and my first controlled Auto outdoors. As stated before, each of the new strains will get their own journals, as well as the start of perpetual journals for both the veg and bloom rooms.

@PK1 Read the journal title.. all seeds came from a 2 year old seed pack unknown Master Grower's mix. Emilya was able to succesfully germinate 2 seedlings from. One did not take well to microbials and could not overcome complications , Twisty is the remaining plant..

Question Emilya :
Do you feel OK with running 2 different topics in this journal or would you feel better / more organized starting one up titled Medical Grow after you have the seedling collection up and going?, IDK kinda feels like Twisty's just a side note update and this Geoflora thread has taken on a new direction evolving into something that should be titled NEW! Grow Room Build + plant list. ?
Please note that this is the only place that I have at the moment to write about these things.... and its not just 2 topics! We have been moving, talking about wells and water supplies, solar and the electrical projects, antennas.... this journal, like my life at the moment, has been all over the place! I promise to get it better organized very soon. :)

Please note that this is the only place that I have at the moment to write about these things.... and its not just 2 topics! We have been moving, talking about wells and water supplies, solar and the electrical projects, antennas.... this journal, like my life at the moment, has been all over the place! I promise to get it better organized very soon. :)
I get all that, there's like a million things going on.. I was just wondering if you were OK with it being this way or if there were plans to refocus into separate topics.. I just felt like the new seedlings and new grow area deserved their own journal.

We have been getting some rather odd weather for this area this time of year. Instead of a 2 month summer dry spell that kills the lawns while still teasing us with 90-100% humidity and with oppressive temperatures between 90-105 during the day and 90's at night, we are dropping into the 60's at night, with highs in the upper 80's to lower 90's with

Twisty is actually the star of this journal, the lone survivor of 4 very old Auto seeds that have been laying around in my collection.

Here she is this morning, Day 23 of Veg, enjoying a break in the rain.
DSCF8175.JPG
DSCF8174.JPG

Yes, this year has been a unpredicted one. The weather temps seem off here as well as its almost august and we just started having weeks of heat waves and we are on the pacific side.

Twisty looks good. although i don't see it being twisted much :rofl: :rofl:

whats your plan with the amount of rain that she is getting?

Yes, this year has been a unpredicted one. The weather temps seem off here as well as its almost august and we just started having weeks of heat waves and we are on the pacific side.

Twisty looks good. although i don't see it being twisted much :rofl: :rofl:

whats your plan with the amount of rain that she is getting?
PK1, Twisty had a genetic marker seedling leaf similar to this..The marker in Twisty should resurface again somewhere on the plant as she matures. Genetic markers can be twisted leafs or 4 segment leafs missing one of the small leaf segments.. The grower replaces a trait in the plant using this method and is also like a verification that you are growing the species you bought..

seedling twist
Twisty1.png
twisting leaf marker in one spot of the tree..
Twisted1.png
this marker is pretty cool, 4 segment leaf and missing one of the small leafs. exhibits the same behaviour left and right sided leaf.
Twisty2.png

Tonight is supposedly the last night of rain for a while and Twisty can get back to what she does best, twisting with the sun across the sky. She is particularly good at this and as was explained, this has to be the genetic marker that identified this plant to the breeder. She will begin to shine when the sun does, and the first time she drains her cup after all of this, I am going to call it good and get her transplanted because she has to be around 2 weeks from beginning to bloom. Right now she seems happy to be sitting in her solo cup, in a cup holder, on a lawn chair table tray, in a backyard in Missouri. Her upcoming 5 gallon smart pot will stop all of that nonsense and we will have to find a more permanent place for her to sit while she watches the solar guys install the system in the next couple of weeks on the other side of the fence.

Seed update:
11 more were planted in soil this evening for a total of 15 possible plants so far...
A few notables are not getting passed the splitting and showing a tail stage and a couple of seeds appear to be totally dead, but all in all, this looks to be an excellent germination run so far. Now to get them all to surface!

PK1, Twisty had a genetic marker seedling leaf similar to this..The marker in Twisty should resurface again somewhere on the plant as she matures. Genetic markers can be twisted leafs or 4 segment leafs missing one of the small leaf segments.. The grower replaces a trait in the plant using this method and is also like a verification that you are growing the species you bought..

seedling twist
Twisty1.png
Twisted1.png
this marker is pretty cool, 4 segment leaf and missing one of the small leafs. exhibits the same behaviour left and right sided leaf.
Twisty2.png
Thanks for the explanation @Anthony Suszko

seedling twist
Twisty1.png
Twisted1.png
Twisty2.png
Good information. I had a Blue Mystic that had this twist. It also stretched the most as a seedling. I took this all as signs of stress and blamed myself for some unknown error. She was also my 1st seed choice. I was certain the plant would be my weakest and it was, 7oz I think. I know nothing of the strain itself because it’s the 1st time I grew it so I don’t know exactly what the dominant traits of the plant are. As it would turn out, the other I planted didn’t make it so I dropped another. My 3rd seed choice because she was smaller and darker than the others. She showed the trait later and not as severe and had a nice blue hue to her and was my biggest producer at 12.5oz and prettiest plant. So with this new information, I’d have to say that with her twisted leaf, she’s probably exactly what the breeders were going for. So thanks.
F366819F-0247-460F-9A08-6544D0552DFA.jpeg

Good information. I had a Blue Mystic that had this twist. It also stretched the most as a seedling. I took this all as signs of stress and blamed myself for some unknown error. She was also my 1st seed choice. I was certain the plant would be my weakest and it was, 7oz I think. I know nothing of the strain itself because it’s the 1st time I grew it so I don’t know exactly what the dominant traits of the plant are. As it would turn out, the other I planted didn’t make it so I dropped another. My 3rd seed choice because she was smaller and darker than the others. She showed the trait later and not as severe and had a nice blue hue to her and was my biggest producer at 12.5oz and prettiest plant. So with this new information, I’d have to say that with her twisted leaf, she’s probably exactly what the breeders were going for. So thanks.
F366819F-0247-460F-9A08-6544D0552DFA.jpeg
This could be a marker if it stays stable and doesnt change. Just from the 3 plants I germinated have found these 3 markers and one plant may have several markers. I take these markers as telling me the plant engineering is intact and you are getting a quality plant. You pretty much described one of the females i have now. Seedling twist and is 63" just measured now.. Was thin - lanky and came on late and is truly a looker now. I have learned when I get a thin skinny plant, it just means I have to start LST on it early doing a bunch of head chops to help fill her out. I learned not to poo poo a plants potential on first impression..

Fueled by stories in the media that she should be offended, Twisty staged a short lived peaceful protest this morning and someone or something managed to topple half of a leaf right down to the tabletop. She of course is demanding equal rights as far as coverage in these forums goes and insists that despite all the hoopla regarding the Fem Regulars that have been planted, that Auto Lives Matter!

Like a cheap politician, I have crumbled under her demands and have censored all future mentions of her competition from these pages. You can now find all of the escapades unique to the new veg room in its own dedicated grow journal, Emmie's Perpetual Vegetative Grow Room - 2020

Veg, Day 24

Twisty is finally going to be able to dry out. Our region has gotten 5-8 inches of rain in the last 2 days, depending on where you live. She has been taking it like a champ, but I am sure is ready to dry out. As soon as she is ready, I have a 5 gallon container ready for her to set down into with zero stress. The rain will have given her more stress than I will with the transplant.

Here she is.. soaked, but reasonably happy:

DSCF8184.JPG

Veg, Day 25

Twisty did a fairly good job of draining the water in the cup, but I transplanted her anyway. She is now in new soil, 5 gallons, topped with 1/2 cup of GeoFlora Veg and well watered. I am tired of her getting eaten up and I am going to order some SNS... enough is enough.

Her roots were nothing to write home about... pretty pitiful actually.. the rootball didn't even hold together as I transferred her to the waiting solo cup sized hole. It has to be all of the rain and the improper watering causing all of this, but hopefully now things will become more stable for her. Let's all watch carefully for any signs of stress from transplanting... but I expect that we will see a long overdue growth spurt instead.

DSCF8187.JPG

Back
Top Bottom