Emilya's Outdoor GeoFlora Organic Auto Journal, 2020, Unknown Master's Mix

I have taken off of work today so I can supervise the solar installation. Equipment arrived early this morning... the crew is on their way. At some point this afternoon it wouldn't matter if I ran 10 LED lights or 3 old fashioned HID lights... it all costs the same! I will be my own power company!
Start selling electricity to your neighboors

Big progress today... the panels are installed, but so far not hooked up to the house. The power company has to come out and install their part of this now... and that could take 2 weeks. At that time, I get the big cash rebate from them.

The guys are gone again until Friday... time to take Twisty back outside.
IMG_20200805_163340.jpgIMG_20200805_162414.jpgIMG_20200805_161724.jpgIMG_20200805_160224.jpg

Yeah, that's super. Wondering how many times your friends are gonna ask "how many things you got plugged in" hahhaa. Love this.
My standard answer is going to be, "everything I have." Actually, this is one of the reasons I bought this system... With it I get the ability to monitor not only exactly what I am generating, but also what I am using.

Veg, Day 26

Despite all of the bro scientists saying that I would have to have stress, and that this plant would have to stall... Despite all the grow sites that say that you should never transplant an Auto... Despite the Auto seed supplier websites and all of their sage advice that this has to cause stunting...

We are having a growth spurt! Praying to the sun all day, despite being eaten on, Twisty is happy. Her trunk got visibly thicker today and her color greatly improved. Beyond all of that, I can see growth on all of the secondary nodes since this morning! This, I am afraid to report to all the so called Auto experts, is the opposite of a stunting.

We are experiencing anti-slow down... the negation of stalling. This plant is blatant ignoring what is widely reported to be an obvious stressor.

hmmm...

Maybe bro science and YouTube aren't all they're cracked up to be after all?

DSCF8193.JPG
DSCF8192.JPG

ive been transplanting autos for 7 years with better results , not every one is right in what these autos can do :)

That's enough to go off grid totally if you have to? Any storage?
indeed. Some tesla batteries would go hand in hand with that setup.

indeed. Some tesla batteries would go hand in hand with that setup.
Elon has hinted that it is not going to be much longer before he revolutionizes Lithium ion battery technology to go along with his electric car lineup, which also is going to include a lot more models. These car batteries can also be used in the Solar world, and I have heard rumors that within 3 years the price of these large batteries will drop to 20% of what they now cost. I will get storage big time at that time... for now I will just play with a bit of marine battery backup for the radios and some lighting.

With the size of system I have installed it is only going to take about 5 years before I have the actual cost of the system paid for, and every payment from then on simply adds to the equity of my home. When I add batteries and make the home essentially self sufficient, with commercial backup, the value added by this system will skyrocket. From the moment they turn it on, my money out of pocket goes down from about a $230/month (during the summer) power bill, to a set cost of $123/month while using up to 7.68KW per sunny day. As they say, it's a no brainer.

Veg, Day 30

Twisty continues to grow at a strong pace, now getting ahead of the pests that were trying to eat her. SNS 209 showed up today too, and she is going to get a good spraying in an hour or so as the sun goes down. The guys are showing up again tomorrow morning to finish up the solar job... so Twisty and I will be taking another walk to the shed. Still I see no sign of flowering, but I suspect that before we need another dose of GeoFlora, we will see flowering has started and we will be switching to the bloom formula.
DSCF8227.JPG

Elon has hinted that it is not going to be much longer before he revolutionizes Lithium ion battery technology to go along with his electric car lineup, which also is going to include a lot more models. These car batteries can also be used in the Solar world, and I have heard rumors that within 3 years the price of these large batteries will drop to 20% of what they now cost. I will get storage big time at that time... for now I will just play with a bit of marine battery backup for the radios and some lighting.

With the size of system I have installed it is only going to take about 5 years before I have the actual cost of the system paid for, and every payment from then on simply adds to the equity of my home. When I add batteries and make the home essentially self sufficient, with commercial backup, the value added by this system will skyrocket. From the moment they turn it on, my money out of pocket goes down from about a $230/month (during the summer) power bill, to a set cost of $123/month while using up to 7.68KW per sunny day. As they say, it's a no brainer.

Yes, watch your budget but eventully you can upgrade the batteries to a Lithium battery. I know Teslas that have gotten water damage from a sunami in miami or so. The bids usually stop at around 5-10k. However, The batteris are all waterproof which means the entire battery rack is usable. Chink Chink $$$$:snowboating:

Veg, Day 31

Twisty continues to accelerate growth as she readies for bloom. So far, still no pistils are showing, but it could happen any day now... several calyxes have stood up and look capable of the act.

Her health continues to improve today, and it can be seen that the SNS and the discovery and elimination of a colony of spider mites has improved things dramatically. Now we know what has been eating her, and they are toast.

The solar guys finished up their side of things and ran the wire through the underground conduit to the electric meter area. Something about the electric meter and a shortcut the electric company took with the grounding made that part of the installation have to wait for the power company technician to join us. Appointments will have to be made... surely sometime next week. For now the panels look very nice and have little blinky lights going on underneath showing that they are live, but all that power is just sitting there, unable to be tapped.

In another life I designed and sold home and commercial solar systems. The ROI made them a bad investment at the time unless you planned on staying in the house 15+ yrs. The govt. Subsidies helped, but we were always limited by time or Govt. participation. The number One thing that turned customers off was the cost of the battery bank. Most had no clue they had to have that to turn their lights on at night, lol. Still makes me laugh.

The inverters then would shut down the connected panels if a single leaf fell on a panel. So you had to put 1-2 panels per inverter. It got $$$! I haven't paid enough attention lately to see if, they have changed. I'm curios if Tesla's battery panels can store solar energy and provide energy efficiently, and repeatedly for long periods ( at least 10 yrs) Like the heavy inefficient ones used today.
Most houses can't put enough solar panels on their roof to have a real effect on their electricity bill. They can'thave enough of them facing the right way.

They'd need to have panels put up like you did. . Most can't do that. I'm curios to see how your ROI evolves when you add full battery back-up. I'm hoping things are getting more cost effective.

I think the myth that you shouldn't transplant autos should go away now.

Day before transplant
IMG_20190826_203324_DRO.jpg

3 days after
IMG_20190830_182526_DRO.jpg

They loved it. Great to see your girl is enjoying the extra room. Very cool with the solar installation going on.

Day 32, Still Veggin'

Today, giving Twisty all the respect to a young lady about to enter maturity, she got an upgrade. The bugs are already on the run, and to make the statement final, we have added a strong layer of very fresh pine bark mulch on the surface of the soil. It not only looks and smells good, but the Missouri bugs don't know how to process it... burrowing to lay eggs is a thing of the past in this container.
DSCF8241.JPG

On Tuesday she reaches 5 weeks of age, and I expect to see pistils anytime after that. Remember too that I am a couple of days behind where normal people start the calendar, but I have never claimed to be normal in any way. Five weeks, if we can trust anything that AutoBro science gives us, is about when we should expect bloom to begin. We all await her debut.
DSCF8240.JPG

The @GeoFlora Nutrients Veg is working fabulously. Her color is superb and there are no deficiencies at all. She has been able to mostly fight off a fairly severe spider mite infestation. In addition, I am seeing something typical of all organic grows that I have seen... every single leaf in the new growth is showing a micro tip burn... so small you really have to look for it. I am convinced that the same mechanism that further along would burn a good triangle into the tip is part of the process that the plant uses when sending signals to the microbes down through the exudates that feeding needs to slow down... Houston... we have had enough for now. I have always taken this micro burn to mean that the microbes are doing a great job supplying things to the plant and that the feeding cycle is working as designed by nature.
DSCF8246.JPG

It is very nice to see this sort of vigor in a once every two week topical application... could feeding these plants naturally be any easier than @GeoFlora Nutrients ?

DSCF8244.JPG
DSCF8243.JPG
DSCF8242.JPG

Back
Top Bottom