CoffeeShopSeeds Sponsored Grow: Emmie’s Huge 1 Month Interval Constant Harvest

You gonna have to set bait for them boogers.
Also random. Your door bell? Is it hardwired? That’s why I didn buy the door bell. I had to go with google home.
Rings are overpriced.

Wyze Video Doorbell Pro Features:​

30-Second, Wire-Free Installation. Install it anywhere, quickly and with no wiring required.

…But You Can Hardwire It if You Want. Can be installed wire-free, or wired, which can provide up to an additional 6 seconds of recording length.

1:1 Aspect Ratio & 1440p Full HD Video. With a 150º horizontal, 150º vertical field of view, and a 1:1 aspect ratio, you’ll see everything in front of your door.

Up to 6 Months of Battery Life. Wyze Video Doorbell Pro lasts up to 180 days on a single charge.

Dual-Band Wi-Fi Connectivity 2.4 GHz/5 GHz. Connect to either your 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz Wi-Fi network.

Instant Notifications. Never miss another visitor, unless you want to.

Motion Detection, Smart Alerts & Video Recording. Wyze Video Doorbell Pro lights up brightly when motion is detected nearby, alerting visitors and would-be porch pirates of your video doorbell.

IP65 Weather-Resistant. Built to endure the elements.

Cam Plus Compatible. Optional upgrade available.

Upgrade to Cam Plus for $1.99/month to receive real-time alerts when people or packages are detected, and store full-length videos in the cloud.

Wyze Chime Pro Included. Hear your doorbell ring, chirp, or bark from any room.

The doorbell has been upgraded to doorbell Pro... which includes the above features. The first version had to be hard wired and the talkback feature was pretty terrible. This was one of the things i meant when I talked about the growing pains as the products continue to evolve and get better. Some of the older equipment will eventually need to be replaced, but not all of it. The plugs have gotten smarter too, now downloading a schedule right into the plug in case it loses connectivity. Power interruptions are still brutal on some of the WYZE products... definitely not for the set and forget crowd.

Totally. I had a mouse chew thru a plastic bucket to get to some bird seed I had stored. And I think @StoneOtter had an issue with small plants he was starting in his basement.

Those little bastards won't quit and they multiply very quickly. Get your battle gear on and... Go get 'em!
Yep, I had 2 little sh#ts take every sprout I had one night. Not before they showed though. They were a couple of inches. I prevailed! Still have an unsprung trap on the floor there waiting.
when youre an electrician.jpg
I'm not opposed to this in the least! Wow! Why didn't I think of it! I'd make it smaller and more contained with a door entry. A switch that opens when you take the top off to empty the corpse to kill power. Oh yeah! Just kidding, it'll work great but too electricky! :) Get em Em!

Yep, I had 2 little sh#ts take every sprout I had one night. Not before they showed though. They were a couple of inches. I prevailed! Still have an unsprung trap on the floor there waiting.

I'm not opposed to this in the least! Wow! Why didn't I think of it! I'd make it smaller and more contained with a door entry. A switch that opens when you take the top off to empty the corpse to kill power. Oh yeah! Just kidding, it'll work great but too electricky! :) Get em Em!
Dead mice and water feed microbes correct?
No “electricky”?!?! Haha. New twist on JADAM!!!

NTH

Last evening I went up to check on my 5 beer cups, fully expecting to find small plants pushing up above the surface. What I found was the answer to the mystery as to what has been happening, and the start of a new problem that needs to be solved.

I hope you can tell from these pictures what happened in the last 24 hours. I left the cups after a pretty good watering and I know there was some water weight in the cups. The surface was flat and smooth, not at all like what I found last night... something had been digging! Some critter got in here, got up on top of 4/5 cups, and dug several holes in the soil all around the cup, presumably looking for my young plant or the seed!

20220228_152755.jpg
20220228_152817.jpg
20220228_152847.jpg

Is this something a young mouse might do? I have never seen this happen before, so I need to confirm with some of you... have you ever seen mice steal and eat seeds and/or seedlings? I am going to war against these critters and will have something more appropriate for them to chew on very soon... something that will kill them. The dogs are no longer allowed upstairs, so this should not be an issue... the seedling munching critters need to die.

So am assuming this seed run to be a total loss for me and a small snack for my unwelcome visitor. I am going to relocate seed starting central downstairs again, around the aquarium, where there is high humidity and hopefully no attic mice. I had a special request from a patient, so we are going to start a flock of photo regular White Widow seeds... some of my oldest seeds in my collection. Let's see if we can get 3 or 4 of these to show female and get our veg rooms moving.

Considering that 2 of the plants in bloom are longer running sativas, we still haven't hurt the timing of the perpetual harvest garden yet. This time I am going to use @Jon 's seed starting method since he seems to have good success, and because this time I want to keep a pretty good eye on the old seeds. Time's 'a wastin, and it is time to get going with some new plants asap!

Sorry to hear about the mice. Same thing happened to me last winter. Like CA below, I used traps as well.

Yes. This has happened to me. Mystery plants disappear with nothing left but a shredded baby stalk/stem. I assume seedlings you would never tell. My plants were around 3-4 weeks when I experienced the problem.

Mouse traps. That’s what I did.

Today was watering day in the bloom room and those Bushmans and Amnesia F2s are all doing very well. The amount of green showing is very soothing to me after fighting those bugs so long, and the buds starting to form all over these plants is a very good sight. The Amnesias are 12 days into bloom and the Bushmans are at 14 days. This room is in its 12th day since the last feeding, so they will get their next shot of @GeoFlora Nutrients BLOOM on the next watering, 3 or 4 days from now. Here is the best looking Bushmans

DSCF0320.JPG

And here is the prize Amnesia

DSCF0319.JPG

In veg room #1 we have given up on the black diesel plants and have to assume that a mouse got them. I will be moving my solo cups to a warm spot downstairs when I need to plant these new seeds tomorrow or the next day. I have chosen to run all fems, and will be attempting to start old seeds from my quart jar in the fridge, and these will be 5 or 6 years old. I have started them by putting them in solo cups with 2 inches of RO water, and waiting to see tails. When I do see the tap root peeking out, I will plant them in a shallow hole at the top of some well watered soil and will cover them lightly. With a little luck, we should have some plants started very shortly.

While we work with these new seeds, we have offered a tempting treat of peanut butter on a spoon to our unwelcome guest in the veg room. I suspect that we will now be able to capture him on the Veg Cam.

DSCF0321.JPG

For this run I have selected 3 seeds from 2 varieties... first, Paradise Original White Widow as this is an oldie but a goodie. They come from a bag labeling them as feminized FREE SEEDS. Who knows where I got them, but let's see if we can make these freebies sing for us. Next, another old classic from Barney's Farm, feminized Vanilla Kush.

DSCF0322.JPG

I have put a message on my Sponsored Cannapot grow thread to have those readers join us here in this multi-room journal, so welcome if you have come to see the result of these ancient plants. Merging these two threads seems better than double posting everything I say here about the bloom room.
I called these plants ancient because as of today, the plants in the bloom room are 6 months, 1 week and a day old, or 192 days old. During this long veg, these plants have developed a massive amount of bud sites, way more than is usually seen in a younger plant. I have seen similar development after trying to send an old mother plant to bloom after months of faithful service, they just have a massive amount of buds. These plants are now pushing the damaged growth out of the way and the buds are starting to pop out into the light. Despite all the troubles these plants have had to go through in their long life, they are going to end up producing well.
:hippy:

I have put a message on my Sponsored Cannapot grow thread to have those readers join us here in this multi-room journal, so welcome if you have come to see the result of these ancient plants. Merging these two threads seems better than double posting everything I say here about the bloom room.
I called these plants ancient because as of today, the plants in the bloom room are 6 months, 1 week and a day old, or 192 days old. During this long veg, these plants have developed a massive amount of bud sites, way more than is usually seen in a younger plant. I have seen similar development after trying to send an old mother plant to bloom after months of faithful service, they just have a massive amount of buds. These plants are now pushing the damaged growth out of the way and the buds are starting to pop out into the light. Despite all the troubles these plants have had to go through in their long life, they are going to end up producing well.
:hippy:
Yay

You are doing it right although, perhaps by default. The longer landrace sativa veges (older the plant) the better she will be in all aspects. I usually plan for a 9 month total for my grows. 6 months in veg and about 3ish for flower excluding 3 weeks stretch out side. This is pretty close to their natural cycle. I don't know too many people that do it indoors for obvious reasons but you will notice much better results from keeping them going so long.

The mouse, or actually an entire family of mice, have been seen. Multiple appearances were captured, mostly during the night. In some of the movies I can see them jumping from the tray to the cups and then cup to cup. Now I go after them. I have a great little movie of a mouse eating its last free snack from this house.
VideoCapture_20220304-175240.jpg

So I’m thinking they sink because the seed bundle has absorbed water and displaced the air inside?
Some grower think, mistakenly, that only the viable ones will sink, and then throw away the floaters thinking they have dried out and died I guess.

The whole floater thing is an old wives tale. I prefer mine not to sink while they are absorbing water. If they do, I pour out some of the water so they can be closer to the air.

If you think about it, in nature seeds don't sprout at the bottom of a puddle, but rather surrounded by moist, and aerated soil.

So, they do need to absorb water, but they also need access to oxygen. I've not had an issue getting seeds that continue to float for a couple of days to sprout. After a couple of days the ones that haven't cracked go into a wet paper towel in a warm, dark environment so I can keep an eye on them. And as soon as the root shows I get them planted. I do not let them grow several inches as some do since that just presents more opportunity to damage it when planting.

But don't be giving up on the floaters. They can crack too.

Some grower think, mistakenly, that only the viable ones will sink, and then throw away the floaters thinking they have dried out and died I guess.

The whole floater thing is an old wives tale. I prefer mine not to sink while they are absorbing water. If they do, I pour out some of the water so they can be closer to the air.

If you think about it, in nature seeds don't sprout at the bottom of a puddle, but rather surrounded by moist, and aerated soil.

So, they do need to absorb water, but they also need access to oxygen. I've never had an issue getting seeds that continue to float for a couple of days to sprout. After a couple of days the ones that haven't cracked go into a wet paper towel in a warm, dark environment so I can keep an eye on them. And as soon as the root shows I get them planted. I do not let them grow several inches as some do since that just presents more opportunity to damage it when planting.

But don't be giving up on the floaters. They can crack too.
I am not giving up on any of them! I need more warmth though... got to get that seedling mat.

If you missed the mouse, I figured out how to get a picture up here :) Scroll back up and see him.

The mouse, or actually an entire family of mice, have been seen. Multiple appearances were captured, mostly during the night. In some of the movies I can see them jumping from the tray to the cups and then cup to cup. Now I go after them. I have a great little movie of a mouse eating its last free snack from this house.
VideoCapture_20220304-175240.jpg
PROOF. Bastards.

A big update today, lots of things happening all at once. First, the mouse problem is being dealt with. These old farmhouses are apparently well known for mouse infestations this time of year, and we have been advised to hit them hard (not just singular traps) and to try to drive them back outside. The high end poison that makes them very very thirsty before killing them has been advised. They generally will head outside seeking water and will start congregating around the water source before they die. This also puts the smell in one place, and preferably outside. We have box traps now at the front and back of the house and the poison only where the puppies are never allowed to go, like upstairs in the grow rooms. So we will see what happens, and I have the veg cam trained on one of the poison blocks.

The new seed seeds are performing better than expected, and we have all 6 showing tails. This morning I planted them, using @Jon 's proven method.
DSCF0325.JPG

A shallow divot was made in some well soaked soil and a small hole was made, about half an inch long.
DSCF0324.JPG

Using a tweezers, the seeds were carefully dropped in that hole, root down in the wet soil, and then covered with some fine sifted dry soil so that the divot now looked like a smooth spot of dry soil. This makes so much sense, that I will be shocked not to see plants in the next day or two. The six solo cups were carefully taken downstairs to sit up high, protected and kept humid by sitting on my lights above my 40 gallon saltwater aquarium. Any mouse that can get up there, deserves to eat these seedlings.
DSCF0326.JPG

In the bloom room, it is days 15 and 17 of bloom, and it is feeding day plus one. They were last watered 3 days ago, but were dry enough to take their normal amount of water. I will be pushing a 3 day watering cycle now till the end, letting them go an extra day every 4th watering, just to flush the lower roots with some oxygen now and then. The plants are looking healthier all the time, further convincing me that we have at least for now, stopped the thrips. I will spray them again soon just to be sure, but I am feeling a lot better about these plants every day. The feeding today should green them up considerably and continue to fatten up these fast growing buds.
DSCF0329.JPG
DSCF0328.JPG
DSCF0327.JPG

I will note that again, the deep and far red lights seem to have caused a very minimal stretch on these plants as I think at this point stretch is over. Still, because of the bugs I can garner no conclusions yet about the red light therapy, but it does appear anecdotally to be affecting the plants. We will keep experimenting with this until I am sure.

Lastly, some bud shots
Amnesia F2
DSCF0333.JPG
DSCF0332.JPG

Bushmans

DSCF0331.JPG

DSCF0330.JPG

A big update today, lots of things happening all at once. First, the mouse problem is being dealt with. These old farmhouses are apparently well known for mouse infestations this time of year, and we have been advised to hit them hard (not just singular traps) and to try to drive them back outside. The high end poison that makes them very very thirsty before killing them has been advised. They generally will head outside seeking water and will start congregating around the water source before they die. This also puts the smell in one place, and preferably outside. We have box traps now at the front and back of the house and the poison only where the puppies are never allowed to go, like upstairs in the grow rooms. So we will see what happens, and I have the veg cam trained on one of the poison blocks.

The new seed seeds are performing better than expected, and we have all 6 showing tails. This morning I planted them, using @Jon 's proven method.
DSCF0325.JPG

A shallow divot was made in some well soaked soil and a small hole was made, about half an inch long.
DSCF0324.JPG

Using a tweezers, the seeds were carefully dropped in that hole, root down in the wet soil, and then covered with some fine sifted dry soil so that the divot now looked like a smooth spot of dry soil. This makes so much sense, that I will be shocked not to see plants in the next day or two. The six solo cups were carefully taken downstairs to sit up high, protected and kept humid by sitting on my lights above my 40 gallon saltwater aquarium. Any mouse that can get up there, deserves to eat these seedlings.
DSCF0326.JPG

In the bloom room, it is days 15 and 17 of bloom, and it is feeding day plus one. They were last watered 3 days ago, but were dry enough to take their normal amount of water. I will be pushing a 3 day watering cycle now till the end, letting them go an extra day every 4th watering, just to flush the lower roots with some oxygen now and then. The plants are looking healthier all the time, further convincing me that we have at least for now, stopped the thrips. I will spray them again soon just to be sure, but I am feeling a lot better about these plants every day. The feeding today should green them up considerably and continue to fatten up these fast growing buds.
DSCF0329.JPG
DSCF0328.JPG
DSCF0327.JPG

I will note that again, the deep and far red lights seem to have caused a very minimal stretch on these plants as I think at this point stretch is over. Still, because of the bugs I can garner no conclusions yet about the red light therapy, but it does appear anecdotally to be affecting the plants. We will keep experimenting with this until I am sure.

Lastly, some bud shots
Amnesia F2
DSCF0333.JPG
DSCF0332.JPG

Bushmans

DSCF0331.JPG

DSCF0330.JPG
Damn, both the Amnesia F2 and the Bushmans showing frost on the first couple leaves out. Love it.

Back
Top Bottom