CoffeeShopSeeds Sponsored Grow: Emmie’s Huge 1 Month Interval Constant Harvest

Today I give you 818 Headband and Candy Dawg at day 51 of bloom. They are at day 9 in the 14 day feeding cycle and we last watered the reservoirs 4 days ago. Candy Dawg comes into her harvest window in a week, and the Headbands in 2 weeks. I think each of them will be on the far ends of their harvest windows when done, so add a week to each of those harvest estimates.
Headband Primary
DSCF2421.JPG

Headband Secondary
DSCF2420.JPG

Candy Dawg
DSCF2419.JPG

Then I did a study of the overgrown O. Gelato. I am sure that this one has gone to seed. We will wait her out, until the harvest of these last plants, and then I bet I am going to come up with 50+ feminized seeds for all this extra effort. I see a bunch of very swollen new green calyxes.

DSCF2425.JPG
DSCF2424.JPG
DSCF2423.JPG
DSCF2422.JPG
Hi Em!
Your plants are looking awesome as usual.
Question - do you notice any aftertaste using SNS209?

Thanks!

no, there is no taste that comes with 209 use. The rosemeric acid that distributes itself in the cells of the plant has no taste, and it totally evaporates as the plants are drying. SNS209 is safe to be give right up to the day of harvest.
Good to know - thanks!

I am harvesting the last 818 Headband plant tomorrow, and probably our seed producing O. Gelato which is now in its 14th week of bloom and which seems to be full of seeds. I will check it out carefully tomorrow and determine if she still needs more time. One more light will go dark tomorrow, leaving only the Nextlight 420h sitting over this plant. The Solar Powered house designed to grow cannabis is going dark, relatively speaking, and solar is easily supplying the needs of the house, air conditioning, computers and ham radios, as shown by our electric bill just received which only demanded $39 for this month's payment. Already it is very clear what a difference the solar has made on our lighting bill and our cost per grow to keep my garden going.

Since my last update I have harvested my Critical Kush, which is now dried and in the curing stage. This entire batch, about 10 oz dry, will be going to produce oil... this dummy thought she could get by with not washing it at the end. Ooops... and that can't happen again... smoking a joint of the stuff gives a very clear taste of rosemary. Lesson learned... when using SNS 203 in bloom, especially late bloom... bud washing is mandatory.

The rest of the plants have been properly washed. I harvested the Candy Dawg and the odd looking 818 Headband the other night, one of the stickiest plants I have seen for a while. These two plants have been hanging in the drying room for 3 days, with one of the mainline Headbands joining them tomorrow.

The rest of things got a little ugly. I was too reluctant to pull out the SNS 217C and I let the spidermites take two plants by being too easy on them with the strongly mixed SNS203. I really thought that would get them, but just when I thought I had them taken out, they surged on me and in one night had taken over two plants. Isolation and emergency spraying has saved the last two plants... but it was a struggle, and frankly the camera was the last thing on my mind. I am going to deep clean the area this summer as I take a break, with the idea of starting fresh in the fall with no bug problems and immaculately clean lab like grow rooms.

I will do a couple more updates before closing this journal out, including some pictures tomorrow of what we have ended up with. Even losing 3 plants out of 11 this round, I still have plenty of strong bud to make my classic cannabutter oatmeal raisin cookies, infused spaghetti, tea and all my favorites, and more smokable bud than I can get through by the end of summer. Life is good here in Missouri.

As far as my work here on the forum, I am not going anywhere, and will still comment here and there when I feel a need, and of course I will continue with my reviews of products important to you and your gardens. Speaking of which, I have just finished my 3rd and final review on the @Sierra Natural Science line, and my favorite of the bunch, SNS-203. You can find the link HERE. Please let me know what you think! Next up... Geopots!

I am harvesting the last 818 Headband plant tomorrow, and probably our seed producing O. Gelato which is now in its 14th week of bloom and which seems to be full of seeds. I will check it out carefully tomorrow and determine if she still needs more time. One more light will go dark tomorrow, leaving only the Nextlight 420h sitting over this plant. The Solar Powered house designed to grow cannabis is going dark, relatively speaking, and solar is easily supplying the needs of the house, air conditioning, computers and ham radios, as shown by our electric bill just received which only demanded $39 for this month's payment. Already it is very clear what a difference the solar has made on our lighting bill and our cost per grow to keep my garden going.

Since my last update I have harvested my Critical Kush, which is now dried and in the curing stage. This entire batch, about 10 oz dry, will be going to produce oil... this dummy thought she could get by with not washing it at the end. Ooops... and that can't happen again... smoking a joint of the stuff gives a very clear taste of rosemary. Lesson learned... when using SNS 203 in bloom, especially late bloom... bud washing is mandatory.

The rest of the plants have been properly washed. I harvested the Candy Dawg and the odd looking 818 Headband the other night, one of the stickiest plants I have seen for a while. These two plants have been hanging in the drying room for 3 days, with one of the mainline Headbands joining them tomorrow.

The rest of things got a little ugly. I was too reluctant to pull out the SNS 217C and I let the spidermites take two plants by being too easy on them with the strongly mixed SNS203. I really thought that would get them, but just when I thought I had them taken out, they surged on me and in one night had taken over two plants. Isolation and emergency spraying has saved the last two plants... but it was a struggle, and frankly the camera was the last thing on my mind. I am going to deep clean the area this summer as I take a break, with the idea of starting fresh in the fall with no bug problems and immaculately clean lab like grow rooms.

I will do a couple more updates before closing this journal out, including some pictures tomorrow of what we have ended up with. Even losing 3 plants out of 11 this round, I still have plenty of strong bud to make my classic cannabutter oatmeal raisin cookies, infused spaghetti, tea and all my favorites, and more smokable bud than I can get through by the end of summer. Life is good here in Missouri.

As far as my work here on the forum, I am not going anywhere, and will still comment here and there when I feel a need, and of course I will continue with my reviews of products important to you and your gardens. Speaking of which, I have just finished my 3rd and final review on the @Sierra Natural Science line, and my favorite of the bunch, SNS-203. You can find the link HERE. Please let me know what you think! Next up... Geopots!
Enjoy your Headband harvest Em! I'll be doing the same with a volunteer from my tent starting today.

Thanks for all your detailed updates! I'll be watching for your restart! Btw my electric bill last month was almost 800.00 ! You did very good!

Thank you @Jon ! You are very kind. Let me show you something special. The picture is a little out of focus, but you can see a little bubble of resin on the top of the leaf at the 11:00 position in this picture. This is going to be a very sticky harvest because this thick red resin is oozing out of this plant from everywhere.
DSCF2407.JPG
That’s insane.

Congrats again. So question: when you have a plant go to seed on purpose, it is still advisable to go by Trichomes to see when it’s “done?” You don’t go by hardness of the seeds or anything like that? Great grow. Superior.

Congrats again. So question: when you have a plant go to seed on purpose, it is still advisable to go by Trichomes to see when it’s “done?” You don’t go by hardness of the seeds or anything like that? Great grow. Superior.
Good Morning Jon and thank you! I went by the trichomes on that plant at the 8 week point to do her initial harvest and now the trichomes are curled, long and thick and a mixture of cloudy and amber and dark amber... some even going red and black. So they are useless to tell me anything about the seeds. I am basically going with a visual assessment here, assuming that the seeds will start bursting forth from the calyxes they are sitting in as they mature. Oftentimes a seed will uncover up to a third of itself as the calyx starts to dry and shrink around it. Other than that, I am just winging it here, hoping to see a sign that the seeds are ready, and so far I am not convinced.

Btw my electric bill last month was almost 800.00 ! You did very good

Jesus and I thought mine was bad at 400$. Where do you live and what are you using that’s consuming so much? My wife and I are having a disagreement over the cost drivers. She thinks it’s the grow light but according to my math the light should only ever cost me 75$ at most during the month, and that’s at 18 hours a day, on intensities I don’t use, with the higher per kWh rate.

I’m convinced it’s the two electric heaters (one ran 24/7 and the other 14 hours a day) and the fact that my kids are always leaving lights on all over the house, TVs are always on and all that fun stuff.

:cool:High wattage devices such as space heaters can really drive up your electricity costs quickly. Around here, computers left on 24/7 are very noticable on the power bill, especially my gaming computer with its 800w power supply to run the big video card. Fans, humidifiers, de-humidifiers, pumps... they all run up the bill fast. The heat of a growroom must be offset too, so this results in higher air conditioning bills. Time of day makes a huge difference too. Drawing energy from the grid is more expensive during peak times, especially 4pm to 8pm, and during these hours the rate you pay is the highest, sometimes double the overnight rate. As I slowly move toward battery backup of my daytime generated solar energy, it is energy being used during these expensive peak times that I will try to buffer away from the grid using my stored up solar power. Flipping mother nature by running lights at night is a good way to fight these peak rate hikes that happen several times a day.

My electric bill for this house without solar would be around $400 with all the stuff I run, even by planning my growing hours around the variable rate structure of my local power company. My typical bill is around $100. As I gradually shut down my equipment, I can see that the panels generate on average about $300 worth of electricity and for a grower with an expensive energy habit, that makes solar a great investment. If I wasn't using all that power, would we have spent $26k on solar panels for this house? :hmmmm: No... it would make no sense to spend all that money on generating electricity I was throwing away every day. Just to make me not feel so foolish, this summer I will be running computers full time, leaving lights and tv's on, and that air conditioning will be set at 67. If I was really smart I would look into an EV to replace my 18mpg truck.

Emily, when you do GeoPots, do you think you could measure up the actual soil volumes for us?

I love my GeoPot square pots, 10gal, with handles. Dunno how much they really hold though. Enough space for an LOS soil grow anyway, and they drop into a tote SIP nicely with the square shape.

Crossing my fingers you get a 7 gallon square GeoPot, and maybe see how they look side-by-side inside a 27gal SIP tote.

Also, more pics of your SIP veggies would be amazing. Nice job on elevating yours to keep backache at bay. I did the same for my large raised bed last year and absolutely love the feature. I'm filling up all my hero-sized SIPs for veggie duty today, and have been building out my veggie seedling collection for a few weeks now. This year I'm going to try more than just my usual cukes and tomatoes in SIPs, and test out a much wider variety. Putting out 24 large indiv. SIPs this year for veg., alongside the new large raised bed built last year. Gonna be better at spacing this year!

Wonderful to hear your investment in solar is working out so well. I remember when I lived off-grid and we built a Pelton-wheel system (a spinny thing driven by water current - panels were less efficient at the time, mid-1990s), and when the lights came on it was magical - the first time and every time! You don't have to be off-grid to feel the magic of making your own 'leccy. No doubt you've made a great investment there, and can now enjoy a daily payoff with your costs consistently appearing smaller in the rear-view window.

"Life is good in Missouri" ... couldn't be happier for you.
RD.

Back
Top Bottom