CoffeeShopSeeds Sponsored Grow: Emmie’s Huge 1 Month Interval Constant Harvest

Yes, it is quite a bit faster, but by watering around the edges I can create a quite adequate rootball in the beer cup in short order, and then 1 gallon is a perfect next step to keep that process going, knowing that these first very constricted containers are the best chance to get the start of a dense rootball spanning the entire 1 gallon container. Then with that solid core, I feel confident that in that second month, again by watering the edges religiously, I can create an adequate rootball in the 5 gallon by the end of that second month and during the two weeks of stretch. It is my belief that I can go from 1 to 5 and within 6 weeks develop enough of a rootball to give me a 3 day wet/dry cycle. We will see what happens.
E, it is my belief that if all you had was a straw and a dixie cup you'd figure out some way to water effectively through the entire grow cycle. Lol. I didn't realize you were allowing that second 30 days to finish out the root ball in the five. That makes complete sense, and you should be able to do that with ease.

Teehee: in coco you could fill the five in 30 days and go into a 7......

Today I put out the first bits of my build as you go tomato cages. Its hardly right to call the cages though, as both of the plants getting the treatment were able to be propped up adequately for now, with just one wall of the triangle in place. It makes no sense to build an entire cage for a plant just needing help on one side.

This will change as time goes on and the buds get heavier and heavier, but as of today we have 2 plants getting some additional support.

Before:
DSCF0355.JPG

After:

DSCF0357.JPG
DSCF0356.JPG

One mighty wall of support:

DSCF0354.JPG
Can't quite tell - does that horizontal bar between the two poles adjust up and down too?

The bugs seem to be at bay again and today I pulled some of the dead leaf matter out from between the buds and just cleaned up some of the plants a bit, again. They do look better, and we are getting rapid bud growth and lots of green. The few bugs that still may be plaguing me are only very minimally affecting the plants.
DSCF0351.JPG
DSCF0350.JPG
DSCF0349.JPG
DSCF0348.JPG

See that ring around the base of this plant, wrapping around the trunk several times? Anyone know what this is? It is the only one doing it, and the plant has always been a bit of a runt. Could this be a fungus of some kind?

We are now very close to the @NextLight MEGA and getting 65-70K lux at the top of the tallest plants. The light is installed at a 25 - 30 degree angle so as to be right up and close to the shortest plants in the back of the room and still not crowd out the taller plants in the front of the room. So far, everyone seems to be loving it, and because of the bright light, trichome production is already fantastic here at the 3 week point.

DSCF0353.JPG

The bugs seem to be at bay again and today I pulled some of the dead leaf matter out from between the buds and just cleaned up some of the plants a bit, again. They do look better, and we are getting rapid bud growth and lots of green. The few bugs that still may be plaguing me are only very minimally affecting the plants.
DSCF0351.JPG
DSCF0350.JPG
DSCF0349.JPG
DSCF0348.JPG

See that ring around the base of this plant, wrapping around the trunk several times? Anyone know what this is? It is the only one doing it, and the plant has always been a bit of a runt. Could this be a fungus of some kind?

We are now very close to the @NextLight MEGA and getting 65-70K lux at the top of the tallest plants. The light is installed at a 25 - 30 degree angle so as to be right up and close to the shortest plants in the back of the room and still not crowd out the taller plants in the front of the room. So far, everyone seems to be loving it, and because of the bright light, trichome production is already fantastic here at the 3 week point.

DSCF0353.JPG
Don't know what that ring is, but it looks very much like the ring right above it, just with the branches missing? As if maybe when you removed the first node growth the ring just filled in the space and now rings the whole stem?

The three White Widows and two of the Vanilla Kush look fantastic and are really going strong right out of the gate. They of course didn't yet use all the water that I gave them yesterday, so I just relaxed and let them ride today. Since the mouse crisis appears to be over, I lowered them a bit, and now have them sitting on the 3 gallon container and took the 500 ml beaker away. The light was kept where it was and the intensity was readjusted to 50%, with still 15k LUX at the canopy.

DSCF0361.JPG

The bloom room was on its third day since watering and the lift method told me that they were 90% dry, so they got watered to runoff, using just over a gallon apiece. I am winning instead of the bugs, and the last spraying seems to have stopped them cold once again, and I note strong bud growth on all the plants. Temperatures have moderated in west central Missouri as of today, so it is going to be a lot easier (and cheaper) to maintain 79 degrees in the bloom room.

The three White Widows and two of the Vanilla Kush look fantastic and are really going strong right out of the gate. They of course didn't yet use all the water that I gave them yesterday, so I just relaxed and let them ride today. Since the mouse crisis appears to be over, I lowered them a bit, and now have them sitting on the 3 gallon container and took the 500 ml beaker away. The light was kept where it was and the intensity was readjusted to 50%, with still 15k LUX at the canopy.

DSCF0361.JPG

The bloom room was on its third day since watering and the lift method told me that they were 90% dry, so they got watered to runoff, using just over a gallon apiece. I am winning instead of the bugs, and the last spraying seems to have stopped them cold once again, and I note strong bud growth on all the plants. Temperatures have moderated in west central Missouri as of today, so it is going to be a lot easier (and cheaper) to maintain 79 degrees in the bloom room.
Easier to control your bug issues in the winter before it gets warm again, yes? Nice color out of the gate too on those.

Day 3 of Veg. Still no more water... making them work for a living. Tomorrow, they will get a watering just around the outside edges.

DSCF0362.JPG
Making them work for a living. :laugh:

Well, work they did... all of the new seedlings in Veg Room #1 have managed to drain all of the water in their containers, telling me that without a doubt the tap roots are now at the bottom and pumping hard. Instead of watering the edges, I just gave them a full watering to runoff along with their first TSP of @GeoFlora Nutrients VEG. Another set of leaves is now showing up, so the @Mars Hydro SP-3000 was turned up a bit more, giving me a LUX of about 17.5k at the canopy. The plants are all growing quickly and loving the carefully measured light and now we will start tracking the wet/dry cycle to see how the roots are doing.

DSCF0363.JPG

ok, that settles it. I am setting up a motion detect camera. squirrels and chipmunks? Egads. I guess all this would explain the large snakeskin we found up there when we moved in. That's all I need actually... a couple of large snakes.
Why not a kitty? Ours was a chipmunk killing machine.

I was going to make a very rude joke and I stopped myself! LOL!

Congratulations on the seeds Mumma Bear :)
Aww.....man! Come on Trala, go there! Lmao. I'm a trouble maker don't mind me.

In veg room #1 things are going very well. The seedlings have almost drained their solo cups, obviously growing a strong root structure already, in just 6 days above ground. Several have deployed some massive leaves and are gathering lots of energy for what comes next. We will know for sure tomorrow, but it looks like already we are at a 3 day wet/dry cycle.

DSCF0366.JPG
DSCF0365.JPG
DSCF0364.JPG

The bloom room is seeing a lot of impressive bud development too. The thrips no longer seem to have any kind of hold on these plants as I see no slowing down at all. These buds are right at the 4 week point, and that is what they look like as the buds continue to build and throw out the trichomes. The pictures tell the story:

DSCF0372.JPG
DSCF0371.JPG
DSCF0370.JPG
DSCF0369.JPG
DSCF0368.JPG

Report from Veg Room #1
I didn't water them this morning, but I could have. I am making them go to completely dry this time. They have achieved a 3 day wet/dry cycle, but I want more. Send out more roots my seedlings, there is no shirking allowed in this garden!

We can see from this dramatic unfolding of the leaves, almost spanning the diameter of the solo cups, that the plants loved their first taste of @GeoFlora Nutrients VEG and the brighter light. We are one week in, and already here comes the third node.

DSCF0373.JPG

Today was watering day in the bloom room and those Bushmans and Amnesia F2s are all doing very well. The amount of green showing is very soothing to me after fighting those bugs so long, and the buds starting to form all over these plants is a very good sight. The Amnesias are 12 days into bloom and the Bushmans are at 14 days. This room is in its 12th day since the last feeding, so they will get their next shot of @GeoFlora Nutrients BLOOM on the next watering, 3 or 4 days from now. Here is the best looking Bushmans

DSCF0320.JPG

And here is the prize Amnesia

DSCF0319.JPG

In veg room #1 we have given up on the black diesel plants and have to assume that a mouse got them. I will be moving my solo cups to a warm spot downstairs when I need to plant these new seeds tomorrow or the next day. I have chosen to run all fems, and will be attempting to start old seeds from my quart jar in the fridge, and these will be 5 or 6 years old. I have started them by putting them in solo cups with 2 inches of RO water, and waiting to see tails. When I do see the tap root peeking out, I will plant them in a shallow hole at the top of some well watered soil and will cover them lightly. With a little luck, we should have some plants started very shortly.

While we work with these new seeds, we have offered a tempting treat of peanut butter on a spoon to our unwelcome guest in the veg room. I suspect that we will now be able to capture him on the Veg Cam.

DSCF0321.JPG

For this run I have selected 3 seeds from 2 varieties... first, Paradise Original White Widow as this is an oldie but a goodie. They come from a bag labeling them as feminized FREE SEEDS. Who knows where I got them, but let's see if we can make these freebies sing for us. Next, another old classic from Barney's Farm, feminized Vanilla Kush.

DSCF0322.JPG
Awesome u have done a awesome job i wish u luck

This morning was watering day in veg room #1, on the 4th day of the wet/dry cycle. I believe that with this watering and the re-wetting of the last topical application of @GeoFlora Nutrients, that we will see a huge growth spurt on this watering cycle. We are at 8 days above ground now, and they are all rocking and rolling.
DSCF0374.JPG

In the bloom room, it is day 29 and 3 days since the last watering. Knowing they would take it easily, they were watered to runoff and were fed their next round of @GeoFlora Nutrients BLOOM. We will wait to see what they look like on week 6, but I suspect that this will be the last feeding of the Bushmans, purported to be 45 day bloomers. I will believe that when I see it. The Amnesias look like they will go a bit longer. As an experiment and after a conversation with @Jon, I gave them all a small dosage of Sweet Candy to chew on this round, a vitamin, carbohydrate, phosphorus and amino acid supplement.

I am seeing no deficiencies and very little further damage from the bugs at this time.

DSCF0375.JPG

This morning was watering day in the veg room, on the 4th day. I believe that with this watering and the re-wetting of the last topical application of @GeoFlora Nutrients, that we will see a huge growth spurt on this watering cycle. We are at 8 days above ground now, and they are all rocking and rolling.
DSCF0374.JPG

In the bloom room, it is day 29 and 3 days since the last watering. Knowing they would take it easily, they were watered to runoff and were fed their next round of @GeoFlora Nutrients BLOOM. We will wait to see what they look like on week 6, but I suspect that this will be the last feeding of the Bushmans, purported to be 45 day bloomers. I will believe that when I see it. The Amnesias look like they will go a bit longer. As an experiment and after a conversation with @Jon, I gave them all a small dosage of Sweet Candy to chew on this round, a vitamin, carbohydrate, phosphorus and amino acid supplement.

I am seeing no deficiencies and very little further damage from the bugs at this time.

DSCF0375.JPG
Wow!! Big buds taking shape now, look at that flower room! So you really ran with the Candy, eh? If you don't have any problems after a few more days and see positive anything, I'm in. Lol. How kind of you to function as a guinea pig for us. Thanks! Lol.

Back
Top Bottom