Cannibalweed And The Growstar 1000 From Twilight LED

420-magazine-mobile1033225167.jpg

Hi Duggan, I'm curious about Sativas. I was wondering if they are the type of plant that prefers to grow outdoor vs indoor? since when grown indoor some require different lighting schedules

I grew up in Hawaii and the general smoke out there is Sativa because the climate is well suited for them. Some got to monstrous sizes 4m+ When I moved and started to do research about cannabis did I learn of the vast differences between growing them. About 2 years ago I was gifted a NorCal strain from seed that no matter what I do it prefers to grow outside. What I mean is that indoors it will produce a high number of male plants while when grown outdoor the ratio switches and more females are produced.

I read similar things about people growing landrace strains indoor from seed, especially Thai strains. I was curious based on Jacob's choice of strain. :thanks:

Hi Duggan, I'm curious about Sativas. I was wondering if they are the type of plant that prefers to grow outdoor vs indoor? since when grown indoor some require different lighting schedules

I grew up in Hawaii and the general smoke out there is Sativa because the climate is well suited for them. Some got to monstrous sizes 4m+ When I moved and started to do research about cannabis did I learn of the vast differences between growing them. About 2 years ago I was gifted a NorCal strain from seed that no matter what I do it prefers to grow outside. What I mean is that indoors it will produce a high number of male plants while when grown outdoor the ratio switches and more females are produced.

I read similar things about people growing landrace strains indoor from seed, especially Thai strains. I was curious based on Jacob's choice of strain. :thanks:

Hello HG , Yes about Sativas, all plants would rather grow outdoors but as far as Sativas , Indicas and all the Hybrids in between,...doesn't matter, they all grow very well indoors, no different from each other. Don't forget too, when they are growing inside you/we choose how big to grow it before we 'flip' them or 'trigger' flowering . Some Sativas should be 'flipped' only after a few inches tall to finish under 8ft. Lots of the HB growers in this neighborhood grow Sativas , very successfully. I choose strains with a lot of Indica in them on purpose cuz of the space i have. Anyhow , hope i've helped HG..cheers. Have a great night Jacob , HG and friends.

I think the main problem with a fluffy landrace sativa is that they're typically equatorial, so they're very iffy about their sex. Since the day length barely changes they don't necessarily bloom at any particular time, either. What ends up happening is that the whole stand of plants syncs up and blooms together during a season that ended up suiting them.

So we take some seeds, and grow them inside under a 7 foot ceiling, in a light cycle that they've never experienced, and we try to train them to keep them from growing the way they grow, and that doesn't usually turn out well at all ... and then they hermie. :straightface: At least outside, they have a chance to grow their typical 15 foot fluffy bush shape unmolested. :cheesygrinsmiley:

So you really have to find a strain that's been inbred to be shorter and preferably feminized - they work great indoors. Ace Seeds is good at that.

Jacob, the trick to running a Sativa ..is to choose one that's NOT a really long bloomer for 14 + weeks ..know what i mean. Have a look at my Desfran journal...near the end...what a time i had with them...lottsa work bud...lots!. I grew them too much/big before flip ...as i always do but,, but,..but!...ran out of vertical room real fast. I would stick to hybrids for now , but it's totally up to you bud!:high-five:

:rofl:
Looks like page sixty eight is where it all started rattle a bit.
Ffs 22 weeks. :passitleft:
I still have more reading there but I had to say something, before I forgot.
Maybe can you get away with doing one inside for 12 weeks n move her out to finish ?
Might be totally unfeasible with how big and unruly they seem to get like Graytail said. 15 footers, effin right
:passitleft:

I am so curious about this. I have never had a pure landrace sativa and it sounds like such a delightfully intriguing smoke.

Thanks Duggan for the direction and great reading in that Desfran journal.

High y'all,
It may be seventy degrees down there. Tops. Chilly but rising ever so slowly. Only heat down there is HPS.

They're looking great though. Construction of the loft grow will begin on Tuesday. Metal sheets started thawing from out the ice yesterday but it's too slushy to get up there without tearing up the property bad. So we wait.

Tomorrow I receive GS1000 and have some shopping to do on the Bay. Getting a bale of BX as well. Very excited. I went down and snapped a couple quickies but they aren't doing them any justice. Lights out at 8:30 pm. Dunno why I'm doing yet then but I'll try n get some decent photos.

420-magazine-mobile133782056.jpg

420-magazine-mobile625421684.jpg

Has anyone that reads this thread done any monster cropping. I have a question. There's some very thick and shaggy growth that grows out from the former bud sites. I cut it off and they seem to have responded well.
But if I was to let it go what happens to it ?

Seems kind of like it could be a problem if you don't trim it off.

Hey happy Sunday to ya's

Morning Jacob and friends,...if ya get that bale of PM BX , don't forget to grab an extra bag of Perlite OK. The PM BX needs some . Cheers bud:)
Yessir n thanks very much.
I knew for a fact I forgot (actually everything alla dang time, very frustrating) something n there it is.
I just got a text from UPS confirming delivery tomorrow for the new light. Yippee ! I'm so excited to get this thing Duggan. I really haven't been this excited about anything for a long time. Last time was when I got my first
- Big for me - light, from Far East Buds.
Great guy, don't see him round here any more.... :passitleft:
Man. Lemme tell ya we been spliffin it up today first Sunday back and all. Don't mind me Bud. I'm lil baked so I'm drifting.

Hey any thoughts on how to put a solid dose of butter in a stroganoff ?
My night and all in we got sum supreme butter is like to use.
Recipe calls for butter. 1 stick but used to brown steak and it simmers for an hour after then white wine cooked on high again for five minutes.
Dunno maybe you do
Okay Bud I gotta get back to a chore or two....
Be back a lil later :passitleft:

Yessir n thanks very much.
I knew for a fact I forgot (actually everything alla dang time, very frustrating) something n there it is.
I just got a text from UPS confirming delivery tomorrow for the new light. Yippee ! I'm so excited to get this thing Duggan. I really haven't been this excited about anything for a long time. Last time was when I got my first
- Big for me - light, from Far East Buds.
Great guy, don't see him round here any more.... :passitleft:
Man. Lemme tell ya we been spliffin it up today first Sunday back and all. Don't mind me Bud. I'm lil baked so I'm drifting.

Hey any thoughts on how to put a solid dose of butter in a stroganoff ?
My night and all in we got sum supreme butter is like to use.
Recipe calls for butter. 1 stick but used to brown steak and it simmers for an hour after then white wine cooked on high again for five minutes.
Dunno maybe you do
Okay Bud I gotta get back to a chore or two....
Be back a lil later :passitleft:

"Drifting" hahaha. Ask ziggs about 'drifting'. he is the 'king of the drift'...:rofl::rofl: Ya , new light comin, woo hoo! It's all happenin for ya ...yeepa , yeepa....:thumb:

"Drifting" hahaha. Ask ziggs about 'drifting'. he is the 'king of the drift'...:rofl::rofl: Ya , new light comin, woo hoo! It's all happenin for ya ...yeepa , yeepa....:thumb:
Heya Duggan. If I had the option which should I get. Bx or hp ?
Do I need extra perlite for both ?
Thanks Bud

Yippee !
420-magazine-mobile1038108736.jpg
420-magazine-mobile253805152.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1353195320.jpg

Ya mon...set,er up!:)
Heya Duggan,
Good to see ya Bud
Still have some tweaking to do to the grow area. Very very cold down there. Even with the HPS going hard too. One solid concrete wall. One stone wall. Two leaky wooden walls. One very old wooden floor right on the dirt down there. I couldn't get alla my shopping done today so maybe tomorrow. It's a mess. The loft build is still a go. But being held off until the weather gives us access to materials up back of the property. )-:
Definitely okay with me though. I been patient for a long time.

Hello HG , Yes about Sativas, all plants would rather grow outdoors but as far as Sativas , Indicas and all the Hybrids in between,...doesn't matter, they all grow very well indoors, no different from each other. Don't forget too, when they are growing inside you/we choose how big to grow it before we 'flip' them or 'trigger' flowering . Some Sativas should be 'flipped' only after a few inches tall to finish under 8ft. Lots of the HB growers in this neighborhood grow Sativas , very successfully. I choose strains with a lot of Indica in them on purpose cuz of the space i have. Anyhow , hope i've helped HG..cheers. Have a great night Jacob , HG and friends.

:thanks: Duggan, We can train these monsters all we want. Some just do what they want to do. I personally would love to see a plant with a stretch like that.

I think the main problem with a fluffy landrace sativa is that they're typically equatorial, so they're very iffy about their sex. Since the day length barely changes they don't necessarily bloom at any particular time, either. What ends up happening is that the whole stand of plants syncs up and blooms together during a season that ended up suiting them.

So we take some seeds, and grow them inside under a 7 foot ceiling, in a light cycle that they've never experienced, and we try to train them to keep them from growing the way they grow, and that doesn't usually turn out well at all ... and then they hermie. :straightface: At least outside, they have a chance to grow their typical 15 foot fluffy bush shape unmolested. :cheesygrinsmiley:

So you really have to find a strain that's been inbred to be shorter and preferably feminized - they work great indoors. Ace Seeds is good at that.

Ahh that is what I was thinking, especially with landraces. :thanks: for the info. I figured some plants are not used to indoor environments and lighting schedules

:thanks: Duggan, We can train these monsters all we want. Some just do what they want to do. I personally would love to see a plant with a stretch like that.

Ahh that is what I was thinking, especially with landraces. :thanks: for the info. I figured some plants are not used to indoor environments and lighting schedules

Top of the evenin to ya HG, ya that stretch, take a look at my Desfran (Destroyer X Destroyer) journal, if they had of been 'set free', they would have easily surpassed 10 feet , no problem..i know it...look at them. Like you said, i had to fight with them every day , cuz they wanted to grow straight up , very fast , like they were mad , it was something to see. Anyhow , cheers and have a great night HG.:high-five:

Jake...ever thought about maybe lining those walls with some foil backed styrofoam insulation?(1/2 inch or 1 inch)...good reflection and a little heat retention...4X8 sheets are fairly inexpensive...could always move them to the loft if needed...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

I ran a reveg last grow and the lateral growth was absolutely mental. I kept hacking away and hacking away and ended up with something like a bonsai shape, but one plant still yielded 230g. This was a disappointment as I didn't let it grow high enough above the scrog to really get decent sized buds.

This grow, I am running three monster cropped clones from her alongside some from seeds. I trimmed all but one bud from the flowering clones and, to be honest, their growth has been a lot slower than I expected. The ones from seed grew a lot quicker and far bushier than the clones. However, one of the clones, very late to the party, suddenly started spitting out off shoots galore a few weeks ago and I'm still debating whether to trim some of the branches off.

You can check them out in my journal linked below, but the ones from seed have really taken centre stage.

Jake...ever thought about maybe lining those walls with some foil backed styrofoam insulation?(1/2 inch or 1 inch)...good reflection and a little heat retention...4X8 sheets are fairly inexpensive...could always move them to the loft if needed...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Hey there Mr hook,
I been thinking about that. Temps are 64 n steady right now. Thinking of lining the walls, ceiling, and floor tight with heavy plastic, first.
I went on the Bay n got ten mylar blankets 84x52 for eight bones, to line em with, next.
Them, I have this heavy rubber mat, with about an quarter inch of insulation under it, to put over the plastic on the floor.
Finally sheath the door with the same, cut a vent, reinstall hps, install boss looking LED and then fire it up :passitleft:
Like and big tent with natural cooling capabilities. I betcha it'll heat up in there no problemo, then. No problem there just bring in filtered air from the cellar.

Whadaya think I'll need a sulfer burner for that down there ?

Maybe I can get more lights for the loft... Hmmm

:rofl: I ain't kiddin round here

Back
Top Bottom