Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

Happy Wednesday everyone!
I've got something "funny" on my Peyote Critical seedling,and I wonder if I could get
some opinions on it-it only happened on the second set of leaves,and I think it's something like genetic variegation,as opposed to a deficiency,since the leaves above it are pretty much normal.

It's funny,the next set of leaves DO have the thinnest line of yellow coloring around the edges,but the newest ones appear as if they're coming in "normal" :

As I said,I don't think it's a problem,I think its just "one of those things"...what do you think?
I actually paid for seeds for the first time,so I'm probably a little overprotective....

**edit-the leaves grew out with the yellow-it didn't appear "later"

Hi carcass :ciao:
I think it is not something to panic over, but i do think it's something... Here is a handy CHART that may help. Could it be the start of a potassium deficiency? I'm not sure. And if it hasn't gotten any worse, I wouldn't waste a worry sir. :)

Thanks @Spimp & @Emilya - I'll just watch it- it happened before I added any nutes- I started Mega Crop when I transplanted them on Monday,so it may take care of itself in a week or 2.
Thank you both very much for the responses,I really appreciate it...

What I planned on doing to stay within the 4 plant limit is to grow 2 and then clone 2 from them right before flower. Then veg those two while I finish the 2 flowering. But...... I ended up with so many. Finally gave 5 away today and now I’m back down to 6. One of which I will cull because I took it from a plant. With massive deficiency issues and it’s showing signs now. I did get that one through to flower but it was really anoying to deal with constant issues. I eventually just ignored it and it flowered and cropped out fine.

Maybe she’s getting a little hungry , what are you feeding this plant?? My first grow I used Dutch nutrients and I had oroblems my whole grow, I switched to gaja green organic dry amendments ,glacial rock dust, and a small amount of Bokassa pro And it has made my growing experience a lot more enjoyable and less stressful, but even if I do run into issues I tend to not freak out anymore and just become solution orientated instead, but I also wish I had a community like this to help me along the way. It’s nice to see someone paying close attention to what your plants are telling you, it’s funny how you call tell exactly how your plants doing by the looks of the leafs.
Has this plant been in that pot for a while or was it freshly transplanted ?

Has this plant been in that pot for a while or was it freshly transplanted ?
She was put into that pot on Monday,and also got her first taste of MegaCrop-the newest leaves seem to be coming in normal,so she may have just gotten a little hungry in the solo cup....she might just be a hungry plant,she's growing a lot faster than I'm used to- 2 weeks old yesterday,and she's bigger than my last 3 seedlings were at 3 weeks...that says a lot for @Barney's Farm genetics.

How do you plan on doing it
I just use a little paintbrush,or a Q-tip,and "paint" some pollen on a lower bud or 2.
I take them out of the box to do it,so the fans don't blow the pollen around. then I let her sit for about an hour,after which I spray her and the soil down with plain water to deactivate any stray pollen on the leaves or the soil...It's worked well,I've not yet ended up with seeds where they aren't supposed to be.
Just move slowly,and don't sneeze while you're doing it....

What's up with that LowRyder#2,you ask?

Well,after a nice 6-1/2 day slow dry,she went into the jars a few minutes ago-I smell of
nail polish remover-had to use it to get the "sticky stuff" off my fingers...So here's the plate o nuggies:

and here's the final weight-a little better than I thought it was going to be,and not bad for an 11 inch plant....(not bragging,but I'm pretty happy with it...ok,maybe bragging a little...) ;)
zeroed for the plate:

followed by a short series of gratuitous nug shots:

almost matches the card...

The flash really brings out the trichomes...

and this one is to show @MrSauga that I too have a bic lighter.....

and this one is just... because

"She has reached her destination"...she'll live in these for at least 60 days,probably longer.
My Boveda 62's are arriving today,but they won't go into the jars for at least a week,probably 2.

And so the saga of the LowRyder draws to a close....one of the easiest plants that I've grown,
partly because I didn't have to do anything to keep her from getting too tall ,she took care of that
all by herself:)

I'll be back here on Monday ,showing you what the Northern Lights and Peyote Critical have been up to-they're growing like weeds (duh!)

Thanks for looking,and we'll see you here again on Monday :peace:
I really appreciate your support!

Will do Mr Sauga-
I've got a list of journals that I try to keep up with (39 of em),but it's so easy to get sidetracked,I'm lucky to look in on 3 or 4 a day
Yeah, that 3oz surprised me, More than I'd figured -just goes to show,you really never know till it's ready to jar up, just what you'll end up with....
I had the 2 quart mason jar all sanitized,figuring that's all I'd need, then I had to clean the sticky off my fingers and go sanitize another one....

Carcass has,a,win! Nice buds mate, enjoy. Im a sucker for nicely coloured nugget...

What's up with that LowRyder#2,you ask?

Well,after a nice 6-1/2 day slow dry,she went into the jars a few minutes ago-I smell of
nail polish remover-had to use it to get the "sticky stuff" off my fingers...So here's the plate o nuggies:

and here's the final weight-a little better than I thought it was going to be,and not bad for an 11 inch plant....(not bragging,but I'm pretty happy with it...ok,maybe bragging a little...) ;)
zeroed for the plate:

followed by a short series of gratuitous nug shots:

almost matches the card...

The flash really brings out the trichomes...

and this one is to show @MrSauga that I too have a bic lighter.....

and this one is just... because

"She has reached her destination"...she'll live in these for at least 60 days,probably longer.
My Boveda 62's are arriving today,but they won't go into the jars for at least a week,probably 2.

And so the saga of the LowRyder draws to a close....one of the easiest plants that I've grown,
partly because I didn't have to do anything to keep her from getting too tall ,she took care of that
all by herself:)

I'll be back here on Monday ,showing you what the Northern Lights and Peyote Critical have been up to-they're growing like weeds (duh!)

Thanks for looking,and we'll see you here again on Monday :peace:
I really appreciate your support!
[/QUOT
Awesome

I know it's not Monday yet,but I just want to do a little update for comparison
between now and then...

My seedlings popped out of the ground 18 days ago,and they'd already started
putting out a sixth node...

the nodes are very tight

Seems soon,but they've reached topping age,so they both got haircuts
above the second node...

Seems like wasting a lot of plant,but they'll go into overdrive now,and produce 4 nice tops each,instead of just the one

I wanted to document this today,so we can see what they do by Monday afternoon-
As fast as these 2 are growing,they should look quite a bit different by then,but we'll see...

That "funny" leaf thing the Peyote Critical was doing a few days had resolved itself completely,I think it was just hungry.

That's it for today-I look at them right now and think "ouch"!, but I doubt if they'll
act like anything even happened....
Thanks for looking,see you in a few days :peace:

Back
Top Bottom