Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

Thanks,Tom...I hope you're right,that's the plan...hopefully they cooperate!

Sure seems like it ,compared to the bagseed I'm used to...

Thank You !
(ssshhhhh! don't let the wife hear you...they fit perfect,so I had to use them)

Well,it's Monday,so it must be update time.....

I topped both plants on Friday,above the second node,didn't bother them at all-
The branches on the Peyote Critical are already almost 2" long,and the Northern Lights are about 1.75"
-the PC is growing a little faster than the NL,and It's looking like I'm going to have to up the nutes a bit on her-she still has a little bit of yellow around the edges of the leaves-it isn't slowing her down,though

PC on the left,NL on the right

side views NL first,then the PC

couple of top shots,you can see the yellow pretty well on the PC-it seems to look more obvious in the pic than in "real life" She's going to be a hungry plant..

PC:

And the NL

She could also stand a little more food,a little pale compared to the PC,looks like they're both going to be big eaters...I'll give them both an extra gram of mega crop at the next feeding, see if it greens them up a bit-
they're not far off, but a little bit...they've only been watered (and fed) once,ten days ago-so by Thursday or so the pots should be light enough to do it again...

A little while after topping them,I came across @Asesino85 's thread on Quadlining, and even though I topped them above the second node, I'm going to give quadlining a try-You're really supposed to top above the 4th node,and shave off nodes 1&2, but I'm going to try it with what I've got....

So now I need to let them grow until the branches get long enough to work with-a week maybe?
Then I can start tying them down into an "X",and see what develops.
There's a link to his thread in my sig,if you want to check it out....

I also added that LED light that my son gave me to the box-may not help much,but it won't hurt,either.
It's about 2" away from the exhaust fan,so it doesn't add any heat at all to the box-it all just gets sucked right out

I made a reflector for it ,so most of the light is directed down to the plants,so it's even brighter in the box now- the plants seem to love it.

Well, that just about does it for today,but I'll be back here in a week,just about the time I start training the plants.
Thanks for stopping by,I really appreciate it...

I'll see you next Monday,have a great week! :peace:

Thanks,Sly-
Yeah,I got to thinking (which is not always a good thing) that the led's in that thing don't
get blazin hot like like an MH or something,they just get warm.
So I used what I had that was easy to work with and lightweight-not real pretty,but it seems to be doing the job so far...

Thanks,Tom- These 2 are definitely the fastest growers I've had-ever.
I don't know if it's the LED,the genetics,or both but whatever it is,I'm good with it.!

Carcass, I can’t help but feel like you’re potentially really onto something special with the cardboard box idea. Where I’m really struggling is the fire hazard element, but that aside I would 1 trillion percent rather order a nice oversized white cardboard box (cut specific to any dimensions I want) than buy/ use these incredibly ugly tents.

Idk dude, just love the modular box concept and you’ve proven it works...

It’s shocking to me in 2019 our only options for indoor growing are overpriced boxes that are too small or ugly black tents.

Hey there carcass, I see the seedlings are coming along nicely! Those QBs are really doin the trick. It’s incredible how much full spectrum lights boost early growth.

Where I’m really struggling is the fire hazard element

Funny,but just last night I was laying in bed thinking about the fire hazard thing,and decided that I'm going to pick up a smoke alarm for that room today...I've already got a fire extinguisher in there,which is fine if I'm in
the room when something happens,but doesn't do much if I'm asleep or something.
It's not as much of a worry as it would be if I was using hps or cmh lights in there,because of the reduced heat from LED's ,but I'm not really sure about LED's-if they go south, do they just quit working,or do they burst into flame?
So,rather than learn that answer the hard way,I'll go in a few minutes and pick up a nice loud smoke alarm.

Those QBs are really doin the trick
Actually,it's just a cheap full spectrum led from the "zon",but it really seems to provide
what the plants want..It really works better than I expected it to- kind of a pleasant surprize...
And now that I've added a little "helper" it might work even better...or not ,have to wait and see !

Funny,but just last night I was laying in bed thinking about the fire hazard thing,and decided that I'm going to pick up a smoke alarm for that room today...I've already got a fire extinguisher in there,which is fine if I'm in
the room when something happens,but doesn't do much if I'm asleep or something.
It's not as much of a worry as it would be if I was using hps or cmh lights in there,because of the reduced heat from LED's ,but I'm not really sure about LED's-if they go south, do they just quit working,or do they burst into flame?
So,rather than learn that answer the hard way,I'll go in a few minutes and pick up a nice loud smoke alarm.
Yeah if there was a way to paint on some material to the inside that was flame retardant and mold resistant, a clean white box cut to scale would just look so much nicer and blend right into the walls. I love the idea if any of your smarter folks have thoughts to make it work (LOL outside of drywall, panda film, split A/C etc. :) )

Yeah if there was a way to paint on some material to the inside that was flame retardant and mold resistant, a clean white box cut to scale would just look so much nicer and blend right into the walls. I love the idea if any of your smarter folks have thoughts to make it work (LOL outside of drywall, panda film, split A/C etc. :) )
Maranti board, covered with epoxy paint. Use el-cheapo strapping for the corners/joints, and t-nuts to assemble/disassemble. You can size it to fit your needs, and size the take-down pieces to fit through doors and into elevators.

Maranti board, covered with epoxy paint. Use el-cheapo strapping for the corners/joints, and t-nuts to assemble/disassemble. You can size it to fit your needs, and size the take-down pieces to fit through doors and into elevators.
I just played around on a cardboard box site, here’s an example of a 6’x6’x8’ custom white box. Looks like they also offer a flame retardant chemical spray inside too (not sure we’d want that, but an option). You can make them ANY size right out of the gate, and for instance this one would be $361. TBH that’s not a terrible price if it worked... cheaper than a gorilla tent, taller, looks nicer, way easier to set up, custom size, etc. etc..

LOL god it’s such a silly thought, but I love it. Carcass, I really think there’s some brilliance to your experiment.

2B4ED184-7F3A-4682-8346-C9BA40762F05.jpeg
5995D7D0-92C5-4A59-9D71-A7385B8BF045.jpeg

Got a smoke alarm....it doesn't effing work,so back to wmart...I'll activate the next one while I'm there,save yet another trip...It's a Kidde brand,which are usually pretty good,but if there's a bad one in the bunch,I'm gonna pick it...

Core flute mate. Should be for sale somewhere near you in sheets.

What's up with that LowRyder#2,you ask?

Well,after a nice 6-1/2 day slow dry,she went into the jars a few minutes ago-I smell of
nail polish remover-had to use it to get the "sticky stuff" off my fingers...So here's the plate o nuggies:

and here's the final weight-a little better than I thought it was going to be,and not bad for an 11 inch plant....(not bragging,but I'm pretty happy with it...ok,maybe bragging a little...) ;)
zeroed for the plate:

followed by a short series of gratuitous nug shots:

almost matches the card...

The flash really brings out the trichomes...

and this one is to show @MrSauga that I too have a bic lighter.....

and this one is just... because

"She has reached her destination"...she'll live in these for at least 60 days,probably longer.
My Boveda 62's are arriving today,but they won't go into the jars for at least a week,probably 2.

And so the saga of the LowRyder draws to a close....one of the easiest plants that I've grown,
partly because I didn't have to do anything to keep her from getting too tall ,she took care of that
all by herself:)

I'll be back here on Monday ,showing you what the Northern Lights and Peyote Critical have been up to-they're growing like weeds (duh!)

Thanks for looking,and we'll see you here again on Monday :peace:
I really appreciate your support!
Great pics, carcass, and decent quantity also!
Good to see your new girls too, getting bigger every day. :green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom