Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

Choco is bulking nicely and I can't remember seeing an Amnesia with that much frost...well done! GG looks content in that big pot for now, and the transition from yellow to green is quite the transformation. I'd post that in the GF thread (without mentioning the brand of the nute you used)!
I can't believe that I will be a grandma before this round of grows are done
Can we call you Grandma Boo?
A few things happened this week, plant-wise, and none of them bad!
Phewf!
I need to go back and get a bud shot of mine
Back in time? Do you have a DeLorean we don't know about? :hmmmm:

I know what you mean- it's the stuff great memories are made of- the 5 year old and I made some "jiffy pop" popcorn on the stove, and she was just amazed...making popcorn without a microwave?? she had no idea it could even be done...

That's good to know - I know they've made some changes to the formula, which isn't always a good thing-
but if she likes it, I'm not going to worry about switching back to it -in fact...it's proven itself this week-
Last Sunday, my Chocodope was such a pale green it almost looked yellow- 2 feeds later, it's nice 'n green.

I also learned that early on- the lesson sucked, but I also haven't burnt a plant up since...

That makes 2 of us!

Check this shit out:

Last Monday before adding the gray stuff:
1 day after mc.JPG

6 days and 2 feeds later:
7--4-21.jpg

Still a short little thing...but nice 'n green - (not quite verdant, but not too bad ;) )
I hope you all had a great weekend, and are lucky enough to have a day off today!
And now, it's time for Monday's Update...
A few things happened this week, plant-wise, and none of them bad!

First, the 13 day old Gorilla Glue (indoor plant) is growing very well- she got up-potted yesterday to her permanent 3 gallon home,(ProMix HP) which was pre-charged apx.10 days ago with 50g of GeoFlora Veg nutes.

I also got some Dynomyco a couple of days ago, so 1 tbsp. of that went into the hole when
I transplanted her yesterday.

No pics of the transplant process, but here she is this morning, looking happy in her new home....
1.jpg

A closer look- I'm going to top this one above node#4 in a few days- I usually top above node 3, but I'd like to try and get this one a little taller than the last two photoperiod plants, which both topped out at 17"...
I'm not sure yet what I'm going to feed this one- she won't need water again for 2 weeks or so, so I've got a little time to decide...
2.jpg

Now on to the outdoor plants- first up is the 73 day old Chocodope auto- not any taller, but getting fatter everyday...
She's also not yellow anymore- I just couldn't get her to green up with the GF nutes, so she's an mc plant now- 2 mc feedings, and she's green again....I'm feeding her every other watering right now, which will continue until I figure all the GF in her pot is used up, probably in another week or so- then, she'll get fed mc every watering....
4.jpg

For being such a small plant (12"), she's got a lot of nice, healthy buds...
5.jpg

a Chocodope bud:
6.jpg

And then there's the stinky little 64 day old Amnesia auto- 11" tall, and still being fed GeoFlora Bloom nutes...
so, right on schedule, she's starting to fade to pale green...at least now I've got a fix for that, if need be...

7.jpg

There's just not much there...but she'll be a quick and easy plant to trim at harvest time.. :)
8.jpg

She is a really frosty plant, so what little I get from her will probably be pretty good...
9.jpg

Both these autos have been living in "the box" at night, so they get an additional 8 or 9 hours of light every day- the box is on a 20/4 light schedule right now.
I'll keep doing it this way as long as they'll all fit in the box...hopefully, the GorillaGlue crowds them out soon...

I know I'm taking a risk, bringing outdoor plants indoors (pests and whatnot) but I'm willing to take that chance, at least this one time- I've found zero pests on any of the plants so far- If I do see any pests, I'll stop putting them in there at night...

And that's about all for this update-
Thanks for looking, I really appreciate the support..:peace:
I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable week!
Hey C Horse :)

Your grow style is like watching horticultural magic.

When I grow up I want to grow just like you, but like in a stylish box with sequins and glitter and shit.

I think you are the most verdant verdanter in all of Verdsville! In fact you put the V in it!

:)

Everything is looking great in Carcassville. :high-five:
she won't need water again for 2 weeks or so,
Wow, really? I didn't realize ProMix held water for that long.
I just couldn't get her to green up with the GF nutes, so she's an mc plant now- 2 mc feedings, and she's green again....I'm feeding her every other watering right now, which will continue until I figure all the GF in her pot is used up,
So I’m curious, how much MC per gallon did you / are you using on the Chocodope auto?
This ↑↑↑. My son will be transitioning to GF Bloom soon on his outdoor plants, and I'm anticipating that he will need to do this as well.
She is a really frosty plant, so what little I get from her will probably be pretty good...
Frosty indeed! Beautiful! :thumb:

If I have a stash it's still sitting in my dresser at my vacant childhood home back in NY. After Covid is over I need to fly back there and clear it out.
Found this while I was going back in time….travel plans this summer?:cheesygrinsmiley:
Can we call you Grandma Boo?
Yes, yes you can! :high-five:
Back in time? Do you have a DeLorean we don't know about? :hmmmm:
Ha! No DeLorean, but what a great movie! Just back to page 84-ish of my perp journal, for this:
1625580035289.jpeg

Your Chocodope buds look very similar - this one is a few weeks older I believe.
Aren't they a hoot? My youngest had to walk to school almost every day because he liked to give the bus driver "the bird".... he cut school one day, and wrote his own note...he might have gotten away with it, had he not signed it "My Mom"....
LOL! Ridiculous! :laughtwo:

the transition from yellow to green is quite the transformation.
Thanks, Shed- It happened pretty fast too...I could almost hear her slurpin' up the nitrogen... :cheesygrinsmiley:

in a stylish box with sequins and glitter and shit.
Ha! ..I noticed in your journal- the rocks you're using to train your plants are just ugly old rocks...I think rhinestones or crystals would look much better hanging from those limbs...:rofl:

how much MC per gallon did you / are you using on the Chocodope auto? It really did green up nicely.
Hi, BigD!
Since she's a fully flowering plant, I went with 5.5g/gal for the first dose. But then, I started thinking about all the GF that was already in the soil, and I didn't want to do any damage, so I cut it down to 4g for the second dose, and so far, so good. She got a third dose yesterday, which was also 4g.
I didn't realize ProMix held water for that long.
It really depends on how fast the plant is drinking- the Amnesia and Kalashnikov autos both took 2 weeks to use up the water, but they also didn't do much growing- the Gorilla Glue is def growing faster than those 2, so it may only be 10 or 12 days before the pot is light enough to water again.
My son will be transitioning to GF Bloom soon on his outdoor plants, and I'm anticipating that he will need to do this as well.
He might need to, but not everyone has the problem I've been having with GF- It could be that the plants that have had the problems are just heavy feeders, and the GF just can't keep up.
I've grown 4 plants so far with GF (thought it was 3, but forgot about the Kalashnikov auto) and the little Amnesia is the only one that didn't have the "almost yellow" leaf problem...I say "didn't" because in the last couple days, she's also starting to get pale on just the GF Bloom nutes....
Yes, yes you can!
"Grandma Boo" definitely has a nice ring to it!
Your Chocodope buds look very similar - this one is a few weeks older I believe.
Very similar! Mine are a little shorter, since she decided not to stretch much for me...

Ha! ..I noticed in your journal- the rocks you're using to train your plants are just ugly old rocks...I think rhinestones or crystals would look much better hanging from those limbs...:rofl:
OMG you can be so CRUEL!

L O L L I N G !

:ciao: Hi Carcass! Happy Tuesday. :cheesygrinsmiley: I have a question for you…
It really depends on how fast the plant is drinking- the Amnesia and Kalashnikov autos both took 2 weeks to use up the water, but they also didn't do much growing- the Gorilla Glue is def growing faster than those 2, so it may only be 10 or 12 days before the pot is light enough to water again.
Did you start those plants directly into the final pot or transplant from the solo cup? Either way, are you watering to runoff? I had planned to try starting an auto directly into its final pot later in the summer/early fall but I assumed I would be watering the same way I normally do in the solo cup - a little swirl around the edges with water (in a solo cup sized manner), as it gets bigger, with 1 g/gal MC, then 2g/gal, etc.
Is my strategy flawed? :oops:

:ciao: Hi Carcass! Happy Tuesday. :cheesygrinsmiley: I have a question for you…

Did you start those plants directly into the final pot or transplant from the solo cup? Either way, are you watering to runoff? I had planned to try starting an auto directly into its final pot later in the summer/early fall but I assumed I would be watering the same way I normally do in the solo cup - a little swirl around the edges with water (in a solo cup sized manner), as it gets bigger, with 1 g/gal MC, then 2g/gal, etc.
Is my strategy flawed? :oops:
In a word, No. (Even though you didn't ask me! :laughtwo: )

No to my strategy or no to the first two questions? :cheesygrinsmiley:
Your strategy is not flawed, Boo!

I have done this with autos many times just like you outlined it, and it works fine. As long as you remain disciplined in widening your water circle you should be pleased with their growth. :Rasta:

Did you start those plants directly into the final pot or transplant from the solo cup?
I always start my plants in solo cups, so, to be honest, I'm not sure how I'd water a sprout in a big pot...although your method sounds like a good way to go.....

When I go from solo cup to 3 gallon pot, I fully water the pot after I put the plant in there, then sit it at a 45 degree angle for apx. an hour to drain off the excess water- it'll usually drip for 40 minutes or so, which gets rid of just enough water so that the soil isn't "waterlogged"...still pretty wet though, but the plants seem to do just fine with it.
Not that it matters one way or the other, but the 3 gallon pots weigh 12lbs. after fully watering...

I have done this with autos many times just like you outlined it,
I did it once, years ago, but I don't remember how I watered it... :hmmmm:

@Emilya has a good thread on exactly this topic.
Thanks, Azimuth!
Welcome to my journal!
To be honest, I'm so used to doing the solo cup thing, I'll probably never do it any other way..

I've gotten good enough at transplanting out of a solo cup that the plants seldom have any visible reaction to the transplant, except to keep on growing as if nothing happened... ;)

Thanks, Azimuth!
Welcome to my journal!
To be honest, I'm so used to doing the solo cup thing, I'll probably never do it any other way..

I've gotten good enough at transplanting out of a solo cup that the plants seldom have any visible reaction to the transplant, except to keep on growing as if nothing happened... ;)
Thanks, Carcass! Happy to help.

Once you find a way that works for you, might as well stick to it.

She's also got another thread on how she does her usual watering technique. Who knew it could/should be so involved? :hmmmm:

Watering a potted plant, ganja style...

She's also got another thread on how she does her usual watering technique.
Yeah, I read that one a few years ago, and I've done it that way ever since-
I do water a bit sooner with the GeoFlora nutes- I don't let them dry out quite as much as with "other" nutes.

Thanks, Azimuth!
Welcome to my journal!

I am a regular at my local plant nursery.

When growing, they start seeds in a seedling tray, then move to a small pot, then a medium pot, then a large pot. I grow the same way, I have 3 uppots before I get to the pot I flower in. Next time I’m there I’ll ask the horticulturalist his rationale.

Good Monday morning!
It's time for a little Update...

First, a peek at the 20 day old indoor Gorilla Glue photoperiod plant- she was topped above node#4 on Friday, and it didn't bother her a bit...the soil she's in is twice used ProMix, pre-amended with 50g of GeoFlora Veg nutes, and 1/2 oz. Earth Alive soil activator ...
With a tbsp. of Dynomyco added @ transplant time (8 days ago) No other nutes have been added yet, and she seems to be doing pretty well so far...still not sure what I'm going to feed this one when the time comes...
The @Atreum Lighting Hydra-1000 is @75 watts, and she's loving it....
SaugaView®:
1.jpg

I'll start her quad training later today or tomorrow- her side branches are growing really well...
I usually top above node#3, but I waited for #4 with this one- trying to maybe get this one a little taller than the last 2, which both only reached 17"...
2.jpg

So, on to the outdoor girls- the 52 day old Amnesia auto is doing well- she's a tiny thing, but she's doing her best to produce a few fat little colas....
3.jpg

She's still being fed @GeoFlora Nutrients Bloom nutes, plus a little supplemental nitrogen, because she started to get pale...still a little pale, but close enough...
4.jpg

She's a frosty little thing, so the little bit she produces should be pretty good smoke...
5.jpg

Lastly, is the Chocodope auto- she's only a foot tall, but there's a lot of nice chunky colas on her-
Somehow, I listed her age as 73 days last week...not sure where that extra 11 days came from, but she's actually 62 days old today, flowering for apx. 39 days...
(Thanks again, to @BooWho2 :love:)
She's being fed 5g of the gray stuff at every watering now, so she's staying nice n' green...
6.jpg

I might have to add some support to a few of her stubby little arms- the buds are getting heavy...

7.jpg

She's pretty frosty too, generally a happy little plant overall...
9.jpg

And that's about all for this update- we've been having some pretty hot weather, but all 3 plants are taking it in stride so far...

Thanks for looking, I appreciate the support!
Did a lot of babysitting last week, so I'm way behind on everyone's journals- I'll try and get caught up this week....
if the granddaughters will let me...:oops:
Have a great week, everyone!

Back
Top Bottom