Carestaker's - Hybrid LED / HPS Powered 4x4 - Various Strains

Wow CS. That is one fine review right there. If I were the owner of a cannabis mag or site I would snatch you up man. My itch to grow this strain has now intensified.

Glad you enjoyed AS! Thank you for those kind words. I have a hard time putting words on the page, but I do have some passion for the subject, so I try to do my best. If not for my insatiable curiosity about everything, I might be satisfied growing nothing but Panama for a bit. I've been growing long enough to know, that that is not going to happen. There are new genetics to try, and I'll fall in love again. I'll be checking in on your happenings soon my friend! :peace::Namaste:

Great review on Ace seeds Carestaker...

lol i call it R.hIgh..

tryin to score a daywreck cut from my buddy.. its legit so its around our area.

That would be a score, I hope you snag her, and Mom her up :)

Great review on Ace seeds Carestaker...

Thanks B A R! Hope all is well in your garden. I'll be over to say hello soon! :)

havent been around for a while and the first thread i check up on has that awesome review, good stuff!

Glad to deliver my friend, and good to have you back! :volcano-smiley:

Time to start up again. :) I miss having pretty girls around.

I need to unpack some gear to veg up some new girls. I'm not sure how many plants for this run, but I'm thinking five.
I popped a Flash Babylon for a test of autos, which will be the one experiment plant. I'm still finalizing the final four selection.

My thinking about strains for this run...
Maybe grow (1) Lucy for some indica meds, and then (3) others from the list below.

Super Lemon Haze - Feminized
Candyland - Regular
Animal Cookies - Regular
Purple Trainwreck - Feminized
Amherst Sour Diesel - Feminized
NY Purple Diesel - Feminized
Holy Grail 69 - Feminized
Heavyweight Fruit Punch Feminised Seeds
KC-36 - KC Brains Reg

Although I'll be transitioning to 100% LED in the Spring, I will likely continue to run HPS with LED durnig the winter. Here's my math.

Jan Elect without the grow 65$
Jan Elect with the grow 130$
Jan Gas heat without grow 500$
Jan Gas heat with HPS grow 350$

I vent into my living area during the winter, and this pays for all of my electric usage. :) Free trees :volcano-smiley:

Hello CareStaker. The early veg stage Panama picture is impressive in the way you shaped her. Topped only by your 3rd pic of the trich crusted flower. You & Graytail really showed some high level skills growing the Panama!

:thanks: BrightLight - for the fine compliments! I had a blast growing her, she wasn't really finicky, so she made me look good. :)
She's a beautiful, powerful, stable, and expressive genetic. She did well with high RH in my setup too, which makes me think she'd do well outdoors also. Love your journal btw!

Great looking grow. Mind if I take a seat.

Please do Dusty, make yourself at home, great to have you! :welcome:

As there isn't a lot going on in here right now - I'll be mixing in some grow/smoke reviews of the several strains I've run recently. Hoping to get StrawberryBlue up tonight. New strains for this run will be finalized tomorrow. I'll be extra thankful when I germ them. :peace::Namaste:

Love the feeling of having little 'lings in the house. :circle-of-love:

Aloha brother! Just saw your notes on the Panama! Enjoyed it thoroughly. The plant you grew was just perfectly aesthetic. And I can really tell that's some primo sativa. I love those nuggets at the bottom of that cola. Looks yummy :yummy:

Great job :bravo::circle-of-love:

Aloha brother! Just saw your notes on the Panama! Enjoyed it thoroughly. The plant you grew was just perfectly aesthetic. And I can really tell that's some primo sativa. I love those nuggets at the bottom of that cola. Looks yummy :yummy:

Great job :bravo::circle-of-love:

Great to hear Les, and thank you! She was a sweet plant, and I am loving the smoke.
So far, this is my favorite strain for wake-n-bake. Very clear - No high-eye whatsoever :smokin: under the radar :surf:

:cheer: Next round of beans. They will hit water tonight, and will soak for 24 hrs, and will then be planted in soil. These are all new genetics to me, and they are all different. Although it's more difficult this way, I learn more, and end up with variety if I can keep the wheels on. I'm excited to get started again, it's like starting anew. :)

2 Reg GDP - Candyland (most hopeful - they look like quality genetics)
1 Fem HSO - Amherst SourD (some Mass Sunk and Sour - hoping for nostaligia)
1 Fem Samsara - Holy Grail 69 (big fan of Spanish breeders - great reviews)
1 Fem HSO - Blue Dream (hope is close to the real deal - RIP BID)
1 Fem GHS Money Maker (they were cheap!)
1 Fem Samsara - Flash Babylon (first auto, still germing)

I still owe a new review - which I will try to get to soon!

:peace::Namaste:

World of Seeds, STRAWBERRY BLUE​
(Photo 6/23, Flower 6/26, Harvest 9/2, 66 DAYS flower, transition was only 3 days)​

IMAG30981.jpg

Some notes about my experience with Wold of Seeds, STRAWBERRY BLUE​

Product Information

Stabilised male hybrid: pollen obtained from genetically modified plants. The male is procured from a quantity of plants cultivated using mitotic inhibitors resulting in polysomic males with a multiplicity of diverse genes. These mutant hybrids were then selected and classified according to their properties to obtain genetics with the potential for further hybridisation.

Bank: World of Seeds Bank
Sex: Female: Pure Strawberry
Stabilised male hybrid: New Blue Line
Way of cropping: Outdoor/indoor
Genotype: 75% Sativa, 25% Indica

:volcano-smiley: burning a little of the subject matter....:volcano-smiley:

This is going to be another very positive review. The genetics for SB were purposefully mutated to create a polyploidal plant, a desirable trait. Polyploids have a bit of extra potential for yeild, potency, etc. I find it interesting and after growing and smoking her, I have some motivation to learn more. I'd love to cross StrawBlue with Panama, but I believe I'll end up with a triploid, instead of a tetraploid, but really, I'm not sure. Anyway, on with the show....and full disclosure - this is my experience with a singular genetic/pheno. YMMV.

SB was germed painlessly, and sprouted quickly. She was very vigorous in early Veg, needing very little maintenance, or nutes. Her early leafs were all well formed, and you could see the strength in it's growth habit, if not it's symmetry. This is to say that she was strong, but a bit off in how she built her branches, due to the extra chromosomes. The shoots did not always align in equal lengths and sizes, so she was a bit lumpy in her appearance. When accounting for how gorgeous the rest of her was, it was quickly overlooked. Her powerfully fruity aroma sure helped too.

Her vigor carried over into late Veg , and after the flip, she showed signs of flowering within 3 days, which is a land speed record here at the 'Stakers. She built double serrated leafs, they were amazing, a stunning resilient greenery. She built a glorious canopy of them. She stretched at a medium-to-high pace, but it was easily manageable. Once in Flower, she continued to be fairly carefree. I upped her supplements (FFOF soil, ammened) slowly after the transition, and she responded well. Her runoff was typically within 1/2 point of her inputs, so she was taking most of what I was putting down. I rolled her up to my standard peak feed level of 10ml/gal AN Sensi at the end of week three, with no issues or complaints.

After the stretch though, even if you were not aware of her PPMs, you knew this plant was motivated. She builds early and fast buds. They are wide based, and they start stacking almost immediately. They kept getting fat in a linear fashion, instead of a cyclic one, and without much pause till the chop. She finished out her flower, green and healthy, and was chopped after 66 days.

After drying some nugs out, they are vibrant, semi-dense, lime green, golden pistiled, resin factories of joy. While still young, they smell very strongly like Grape, Strawberries & a Spicy Currant. A peek under the microscope reveals salacious amounts of gooey resin glands, backed by vibrant shiny green plant matter. In the hand, they feel slightly fluffy. They are beautiful, really as good as anything I've grown yet. The best part of it all, was that they were very easy to get this way. Super easy to grow, and they yeild pretty well depsite the fluffyness. After cure, they smell like a sugary strawberry floral pineyness. If it's not obvious, I really like this genetic. Let's smoke some.

Wow. Sugary koolaide sweetness, and initially smooth as ice - but with a THC warmth as chaser. Then you get some Strawberry trails from the vapor. It's a light, smooth, very easy and enjoyable smoke. You can chew on the tastes in your mouth for a while, as the final strawberry notes vanish. That's about when your eyes squint, and your lungs start to hiccup -as they have some post exhale expansion. After a short minute or two - I feel like my whole existence is physically pushed further forward in space. It's like I'm now living right behind my eyeballs, where everything is more detailed, vivid, compelling, and focused. There is a slight bump in energy, but it's not a full rush. Very much an UP high, wiht a decent amount of head buzz. There is some indica in this plant from the blue line. This does add some body stone to it's later effects, and will add a bit of weight to the smoke so that it's not a morning strain for me. It is however, a great 4 o'clock strain, if you'd like to wind your day down in a fun, creative, or social way. Super dense and widely distributed resin glands. She also matured well, so that her glands had a better than average uniformity in their ripeness. She's up there with the strongest I've grown. The only downside is, that she does require you to smoke a bit more - if you want to offset the indica drag, with a bit of satia head rush. I put away a LOT of her last night. Woke up just fine and refreshed though. :)

Uses: I've found SB to be great for migraines, and just average for pain. She's significantly euphoric, and helpful against stress and anxiety. There is something about her that is sensuous, but she isn't the first one I'd grab, for cuddletime with MzStaker. Y*MV. :)

Overall, I'm really liking her on all fronts. She's easy, beautiful, productive, potent, & happy. Great plant, will grow again.

IMAG3124.jpg
IMAG31262.jpg
IMAG31251.jpg

Excellent review Carestaker...

I didn't end up getting those new genetics into water, until last night. After less than 24 hrs, all the new seeds dropped/sunk in water, and were transplanted into Jiffy pots of FFOF today. They are on a seed mat, 80F. As soon as they pop, I'll post a group. Candyland seeds look amazing, exotic striping and color, shoulda taken some pix. HSO's, two seeds - Sour-D and BD were both cracked with tails in >20 hrs. Happy I tossed them now. :cheer: :Namaste::peace:

Back
Top Bottom