CBD Joy: A Community Garden Experience

Hi all - i’m Pooping in again to share my CBD CC, who is rollicking along, and to pose a question for us to muse over...

The CBD CC - I deliberately didn’t top this because I wanted a big central cola. So I leaf tucked and leaned her back periodically during veg to get the lower branching working... it worked :yahoo:

So the question of the day for me is this...

CBG is being written about here n there as a powerful medicine in its own right; for pain, anxiety and depression. These are all things I’m aiming to treat. Now, because CBG is a precursor and substrate to the other cannabinoids including CBD and THC and because that means that there is more CBG present when trichomes are still clear... I’m starting to thing I should be harvesting early - to get more CBG into my medicine. Thoughts?

:Namaste:

Hi all - i’m Pooping in again

Hi Amy, it's good to see you pooping in again. I don't think you pooped in well enough last time. Amazing looking plant you got growing there. Must be from all that fresh poop.

Hi Amy, it's good to see you pooping in again. I don't think you pooped in well enough last time. Amazing looking plant you got growing there. Must be from all that fresh poop.

:rofl: Well I've had a fairly highlarious day all day today, and that about tops it off :rofl:. I could swear I saw that and corrected it - auto correct has conspired against me there! I don't use any poop at all in my grows, but i do a lot of popping...
:popcorn:

:rofl: Well I've had a fairly highlarious day all day today, and that about tops it off :rofl:. I could swear I saw that and corrected it - auto correct has conspired against me there! I don't use any poop at all in my grows, but i do a lot of popping...
:popcorn:

:rofl:

I hadn't considered using CBG to treat those states Amy, but I can see the value of a well-rounded cannabinoid profile, so I'd go for it.

Ahhh..... It's been too long since I've dropped some glamour shots. I have two CBD Critical Cure ps running, flipped a week apart, so I'm getting a good look at the contrast of hempy to soil with the same chemovar.

CBD Critical Cure 2.8 is my hempy darling, lankier than her cousin in the tent, but filling in nicely.

By next weekend she'll be looking closer to this:

CBD Critical Cure 3 was a new seed, so not a perfect comparison, but the chemovar grows consistently. They both appear to be the indica-dom.

It looks like I'm going to get similar yields out of both. It's nice to know I can grow this chemovar out in either medium and get a consistent harvest. Makes it easier to keep the medicine flowing. I consider this chemovar to be the most important one I grow.

Sweet Sue....I wanted to touch base after a couple of recent experiences. I actually had panicky sensations after smoking high CBD hemp. I smoked quite a bit and was fasting both times. It felt like a rapid blood sugar crash followed by adrenaline. I have since smoked CBD flower with THC and had no problems. I was well fed on those occasions. Do you know if something in cannabis other than THC causes hypoglycemic symptoms?

Sweet Sue....I wanted to touch base after a couple of recent experiences. I actually had panicky sensations after smoking high CBD hemp. I smoked quite a bit and was fasting both times. It felt like a rapid blood sugar crash followed by adrenaline. I have since smoked CBD flower with THC and had no problems. I was well fed on those occasions. Do you know if something in cannabis other than THC causes hypoglycemic symptoms?

Padre, CBD is actually an "alerting" molecule, and I can see how the entourage effect of flowering cannabis as opposed to a hemp product would have a different emotional response. The hypoglycemic response is a mystery to me, so thank you for sharing it here. Well... you don't know for certain that it was a blood sugar drop, do you, only that it felt like this? Interesting.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

I'd do my best to see to it that you have something in the stomach before dosing. It's one of the basic recommendations for cannabinoid therapies, copious amounts of water and some food in the stomach about 30 minutes before the dose.

Guys..... I got to snooping around over at ICMag and found a simple and dependable test for CBD that can be done at any stage of veg or flower. This is something we could have fun with. Somewhere in the thread "Inexpensive, Wet/Dry, Veg/Flower, 8-Minute CBD Test You Can Do At Home!" they tackled a THC test, and it sounds like they nailed it.

Have fun. :battingeyelashes:

QUOTE by Douglas.Curtis: The cannabis community needs an economical, simple, easy to replicate, accurate, home CBD test.

Here is is...(full details and photos)

In a nutshell:

1 Dram vial
Add 500mg sodium hydroxide
Add 35mg dry cannabis (or same approximate SIZE, wet sample)
Half fill vial with 91% isopropyl
Shake 2 minutes, making sure everything is moving
Fill to shoulder of vial with 50% isopropyl
Shake 2 minutes
Add 250mg activated charcoal GRANULES
Shake 2 minutes
Let sit 2 minutes
Done

Canna-Tsu, at 7 weeks of flower, at 8 minutes:

VERY low quality Blue Dream at 8 Minutes

Enjoy, and make sure you pass it on.
Thank you to those of you who answered my questions in the original thread on this type of test. It took me about a week of intensive work to figure this out, I know you'll appreciate how accurate it is.

A HUGE Thank You Goes Out to:
Clearheaded, for posting the original information "easy home CBD test, easier then beam"
G.O. Joe, for clearly answering with exactly the information I was looking for. (You saved me WEEKS, maybe months?, of additional testing. THANK YOU!)
Bongstar420, for posting some additional information which jogged an idea.
&
Everyone else who participated in the thread!
Take a bow gentlemen, you've earned it and I thank you for it. :D

In case this passed under y'all's radar:
The FDA is set to approve the first prescription CBD product

Progress is being made, even in this anti-fact environment!

Are they talking about a full-plant extraction or a manufactured pharma drug? Ahhh.... Epidialex, I see.

You know, I suspect this was the drug DaddyHerb's daughter was taking when they pulled the plug on the trials because it worked so well, which left the children and their families scrambling to find comparable meds. Left a big, bad taste in my mouth.

I suppose one step at a time, regardless of the pain and suffering to get there, as long as we can make Cannabis behave like a pharmaceutical so the pharma companies can control production and access. This is why we're being stonewalled at every turn. The companies aren't ready yet.

Are they talking about a full-plant extraction or a manufactured pharma drug? Ahhh.... Epidialex, I see.

You know, I suspect this was the drug DaddyHerb's daughter was taking when they pulled the plug on the trials because it worked so well, which left the children and their families scrambling to find comparable meds. Left a big, bad taste in my mouth.

I suppose one step at a time, regardless of the pain and suffering to get there, as long as we can make Cannabis behave like a pharmaceutical so the pharma companies can control production and access. This is why we're being stonewalled at every turn. The companies aren't ready yet.
I'm just happy that some family in a non-medical state doesn't have to move to save their kid from debilitating seizures. If it takes a pharmaceutical company from the UK to get this past the FDA, that's okay with me. I think that scientific proof of concept is what matters here. It makes the government's hard line harder to hold.

I apologize for the pessimism in that post. I'll work on getting a healthier frame of mind about it.

My desire is we all end up free to grow our own. Then they can do whatever they want. My daughter missed a brownie dose in the middle of the night and woke up shaking this morning, anxious about an appointment she had to keep that stresses her out.

Shaking...... it never get easy to see her in the grip of anxiety at that level. We've been playing with reducing her capsule dose of CBD CC, and that never goes as smoothly as we hope, and to have this stressful meeting was just too much for her system to control.

So she comes to mom's to vape and slow the system down. Invariably it takes less than five inhallations before she stops shaking and can start to communicate clearly again.

There's not a drug that they offer that'll do this as quickly or as effectively as vaped flower, an illegal substance in our draconian state under their "generous" medical marijuana program. Here it's their oils or tinctures at their inflated prices offered at far-flung dispensaries with no official oversight to control price or nothing.

They can't even get it straight enough to call the plant by its rightful name. But then if we call it cannabis we can't retain the dangerous undertones of "pot" can we?

Yeah.... I'm feeling a little frustrated with the political landscape. Lol!

I'm just happy that some family in a non-medical state doesn't have to move to save their kid from debilitating seizures. If it takes a pharmaceutical company from the UK to get this past the FDA, that's okay with me. I think that scientific proof of concept is what matters here. It makes the government's hard line harder to hold.

I couldn't agree more. I despise their methods, is all. After all it was a bunch of Israeli scientists paid by NIDA that discovered the ECS. :battingeyelashes:

Epidialex won't be effective for a child that needs THC in the mix to be therapeutic. I'm hoping it won't take much longer for legislators to realize they aren't qualified to make life-changing medical decisions.

I completely understand where you're coming from SweetSue. We should be able to grow this plant to solve our own and our family or neighbors' problems, buy it from a state-regulated dispensary for those who can't grow it, or have a doctor prescribe something manufactured for a specific illness. I can't imagine my father needing an antibiotic for his osteomyelitis that was brewed by some neighbor in their garage. I firmly believe there is a place for the drug companies in modern society.

And when they realize that there is a need for other cannabinoids in the CBD oil, there will be even more pressure on congress to reschedule cannabis. Like most social change, this can't move fast enough for us, but can move eventually.

I completely understand where you're coming from SweetSue. We should be able to grow this plant to solve our own and our family or neighbors' problems, buy it from a state-regulated dispensary for those who can't grow it, or have a doctor prescribe something manufactured for a specific illness. I can't imagine my father needing an antibiotic for his osteomyelitis that was brewed by some neighbor in their garage. I firmly believe there is a place for the drug companies in modern society.

And when they realize that there is a need for other cannabinoids in the CBD oil, there will be even more pressure on congress to reschedule cannabis. Like most social change, this can't move fast enough for us, but can move eventually.

My daughter keeps telling me the obstructionists will eventually die off. Lol! Baby steps. I understand the concept. Maintaining forward momentum is the real goal.

Happy 420 everyone! This is the thread I have been looking for! thank you so much everyone i have been looking and reading my way through here and this is so going to change my wife's level of living shes been battling back pain degenerative back and hip arthritis and shes slowly weaning herself off methaltrexate and prednisone (for inflammation in the eyes)

So to celebrate 420 I ordered dinamed cbd autoflower (awesome deal of doubling your order for free and bonus seeds) and I just dropped 2 more norther light autos

@SweetSue you dear are a fountain of knowledge THANK YOU
Also the link to your fresh harvest oil earlier in this thread isn't working can you repost please?

Happy 420 everyone! This is the thread I have been looking for! thank you so much everyone i have been looking and reading my way through here and this is so going to change my wife's level of living shes been battling back pain degenerative back and hip arthritis and shes slowly weaning herself off methaltrexate and prednisone (for inflammation in the eyes)

So to celebrate 420 I ordered dinamed cbd autoflower (awesome deal of doubling your order for free and bonus seeds) and I just dropped 2 more norther light autos

@SweetSue you dear are a fountain of knowledge THANK YOU
Also the link to your fresh harvest oil earlier in this thread isn't working can you repost please?

Here ya go CanaGrow. Fresh Harvest Oil

I'm glad to hear this will be a help for you. It's why we're here. :hug:

Seems we went quiet here. :battingeyelashes: This little bump is simply to keep us active. I’ll be home soon from my vacation and I’ll be planting a couple CBD chemovars at that time.

Anybody else have some they want to show off before I get back? A CBD chemovar is anything with a balanced ratio or with a dominance of CBD. Surely one of you has one special girl to let us salivate over? :green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom