Closet Scrog Grow

re: BPN Closet Scrog Grow

Its just early signs of sex...nothing to worry about..good looking plants...:thumb:
:thanks:

Hope your right, if i could get a second opinion that would be great. It made me really nervous when i saw it, even more nervous than the dead foliage, but honestly they are rebounding nicely. might start them on the feed schedule tonight.

Ok so i got some good and bad news, ill give you the good news first to soften the blow......

Whats good ILB!!!

about the dead foliage, it is possible that it could have died down there from the lack of light to those leaves!!!

Just a thought, I had a similar issue during last seasons outdoor grow... the lower braches that were covered by the canopy started dying off!!!

:peacetwo:

ok so i saw the babies today. THey look way better, no discoloration, most of the leaves have picked back up and are no longer sagging, one of the plants is still sagging a bit but it looks better than monday. We hung the new 4' 80w florescent fixture today so now we have 222 watts in the veg tent. (3) 4' fixtures and one clamp on cfl. We fed them today also with the half strength dose of BPN ELITE Crazy growth Formula that had been "brewing" in the 5 gal reservoir since monday. they are all looking good, also installed another thermometer so we can tell the temps with out opening the tent. The pics i am about to show you are from Monday. The plants look a little better now than they do in these pictures.

IMG_021116.JPG
IMG_021023.JPG
IMG_020915.JPG
IMG_020819.JPG
IMG_020721.JPG
IMG_020624.JPG
IMG_020525.JPG
IMG_020425.JPG
IMG_020328.JPG
IMG_020231.JPG
IMG_020118.JPG

so they all have perked back up and are looking green, im sure the dose of BPN helped it out, once the 5 gal reservoir is empty we will mix up a full strength bucket of crazy growth and use that until we move to the transition schedule. Hopefully things stay the way they have been going, smooth. this is only my second (real) run at a grow op and i have to say alot of hiccups but almost too easy. I feel like the countless hours i spend just reading shit on the internet has helped tremendously and the fact that i rushed into my first grow made me prepare better for this one. now im trying to expand my horizons and maybe try dwc or a hempy sog

Here you can see a nice bong rip with my new ash catcher !
100_08772.JPG

only got to peep at the babies today but wow that BPN Elite Trio Pack is doing WORK SON! They are gettin so bushy, so many nodes every where, we might do a ScROG when we put them into flower. out of 3 of the plants i topped ,1 of them got Fim'd and grew a few tops that are streched out, another one of them looks like it got prefectly topped and has 2 even tops right next to each other. The other plant i dont think got cut low enuff on the top so it didnt multiply, thats ok they we have a fucking forest in the veg tent right now, its gonna get cramped in the flowering closet so thats why i am thinking scrog, i know your supppose to start training them before you flower them but we are just going to use it and a method of holding up the bud sites since they are all over the place, plus we will tuck the taller nodes down and let the shorter ones grow through to help catch up in growth and even out the canopy. Ill have pics ASAP probably tommarow. Oh ya the 5 gal bucket of bpn nutes is about half gone, once we make a new batch we will do one more 5 gal bucket of crazy growth and then move on to the transition phase once we change the light schedule, probably plan on changing the lights in 3 weeks.

Plan on cutting some clones tomorrow, still dont know if i want to keep a mother plant, i kind of think i should seeing how they are so fucking bushy. going to cut 9 clones from the plants and then probably keep one as a mother and flower the other 3. Sorry for all the compact writing no punctuation. i just need to get this shit out of me before i forget something lol. Peace!

Nice looking plants, ilikebike. Glad you got the problem sorted. Hers is a chart for soil and hydro ph for future reference.
user17219_pic14203_1233853343.gif

Plants looking nice and healthy man. Just watch out for dead foliage on the bottom. Dying from the bottom is usually one of your macro elements(NPK), Yellowing obviously N. Dying brown usually P. Just make sure if any leaves are dying and drooping down and lying dead on the soil, then remove them from your grow room, as dead foliage attracts mould and insects and is best kept clean. I will also help with airflow around the bottom of the plants.
I remove the lower crap anyway to give the top more of the light and power.

A hempy sog would be cool but a wick system is just as good if not better and way less maintenance once set up. Wick systems work with all nutrient systems, soil and other mediums too. At present I have 2 wick systems going, one soil OC+/organic and the other a perlite/peat moss/fullers earth mix fed with Jacks professional hydro nutes. I haven't had to add water to the soil system reservoir since I put it together, January 5th.

UPDATE!

got the aerocloner set up and took 9 clones today from all 4 plants.
IMG_025315.JPG

made sure everything was sterile. made cuts between 3rd and 4th nodes at a 45* angle. Put all cuttings in water and trimmed the fan leaves.
IMG_024215.JPG

then i dipped each one in Rootech clone gel and then stuck them in the cloner.
IMG_025315.JPG
some of the cuttings look a little iffy but well see how it goes. i added water to my aerocloner, threw some pH down and 15ml of superthrive in it as well. The cloner will stay on 24hrs a day for a few days then we will put it on a 15mintue interval timer. The cloner is tucked under a desk with 2() 15 watt florecents above.
IMG_025512.JPG

I trimmed all dead foliage underneath at the bottom of the plants. The BPN is doing work:morenutes:. we didnt quite finish off the 5 gal bucket of 1/2 strength crazy growth formula but we emptied it, scrubbed it out, and made a new batch of crazy growth formula at full strength. 50ml in our 5 gal reservoir of each and 10ml of bloom booster. plus 5ml of superthrive.

Once that nutrient solution is empty we will start with the transition schedule and flip the lights. heres some pics of the plants in the tent, looks like a freakin jungle!

Group Shot!
IMG_024716.JPG

(From Left To Right)
Plant #1 (Soon to be mother plant)
IMG_024315.JPG

Plant #2 (Fim'd Plant)
IMG_024421.JPG

Plant #3 (Topped Plant)
IMG_024519.JPG

Plant #4 (Normal)
IMG_024614.JPG

Above area (Light fixtures and thermometer)
IMG_024818.JPG

miwa - thank you thank you, your far to kind. Should i only pull a few fan leaves off at a time? i didnt want to pull any of today since we took all those cuttings and cut the dead foliage. are you going to try and make yourself an aerocloner?

temps have been staying around 75*F but the Humidity is very low. never gets over 20%. they are drinking alot of water but they look healthy as fuck, the humidity didnt get much higher than that with the first plants and they thrived in that enviorment so i might go out on a limb and say its ok. Is there any tell tale signs of Humidity deficiency in the plants?

miwa - thank you thank you, your far to kind. Should i only pull a few fan leaves off at a time? i didnt want to pull any of today since we took all those cuttings and cut the dead foliage. are you going to try and make yourself an aerocloner?

temps have been staying around 75*F but the Humidity is very low. never gets over 20%. they are drinking alot of water but they look healthy as fuck, the humidity didnt get much higher than that with the first plants and they thrived in that enviorment so i might go out on a limb and say its ok. Is there any tell tale signs of Humidity deficiency in the plants?

yeh...just pull the ones blocking light...man..i've been talking about making a cloner for a month now..just not on my priority list...your humidity is the same as mine..i don't think we hsve to worry about mold...gonna keep mine low...:thumb:

Hey miwa if you want to make a cloner hit me up and I will send you instructions for an awesome cloner. if you want to see it look in my journal (Post 156 or 170 has pics). I didn't cut the leaves back and have a couple yellow leave but trust me it works. I use a 5 gal bucket with 9 positions for clones. No leaks works great and takes longer to cut the pvc then put it together. I screwed up the first time and glued all pieces together. Don't do that it is easier to clean when apart. No chance of leaking.
If you are doing more then 9 I have other plans, but I love my 5 gal bucket...

Sorry to hijack bike...

Hey miwa if you want to make a cloner hit me up and I will send you instructions for an awesome cloner. if you want to see it look in my journal (Post 156 or 170 has pics). I didn't cut the leaves back and have a couple yellow leave but trust me it works. I use a 5 gal bucket with 9 positions for clones. No leaks works great and takes longer to cut the pvc then put it together. I screwed up the first time and glued all pieces together. Don't do that it is easier to clean when apart. No chance of leaking.
If you are doing more then 9 I have other plans, but I love my 5 gal bucket...

Sorry to hijack bike...

i will check your journal out...thanks:thumb:

kaiser thats ok, what do you think about the plants since we started em on the BPN Elite ?

They look great! Keep up the great work! I predict a frosty outcome...

I am sold on these nutes for sure. I just moved mine to flower the other day. I am stoked! I really like the Bushyness of the indicas!!!
They are looking like evergreens!!!

Back
Top Bottom