Closet Scrog Grow

re: BPN Closet Scrog Grow

kaiser ill be honest if the bpn nutrients weren't at such a great cost and i didnt see all of these people using bpn nutrients for free and then continuing to use them and buy them after the fact, i probably wouldn't have bought them. but they are really doing work right now i just cant wait to see how well they preform during flower, im gonna make a stop over at your journal later. peace!

253 thanks for the comment man hope everything keeps going the way it has. i also "super cropped" one of the plants by pinching its main stem and twisting it, now the branch that is coming off right below where i pinched it is like double the size of any the other ones lol

We fed the plants with BPN today in with our watering. Full strength dose of Crazy Growth Formula. When ever the clones decide to root is when we will move the plants into the flower room and switch the lights.

I have roots coming out of the drainage holes on my pots. Can i trim the roots or should i think about moving them into bigger pots before they go into flower?

Temps are Low of 70*F and a high of 78*F id im pretty happy with that.
humidity is low about %20-25 . Not sure if that is good bad or neutral?

Did a little trimming on the 4 plants as well, took off 2 or 3 fan leaves off each plant, trimmed off any yellow or ugly lookin leaves and cut off some lower branches that are very thin and gettin little to no light because of the lack of space and how bushy they are! Im looking to get a bigger tent that has 2 sides. One for flowering and one for Vegging and then just use this tent as a mother/clone tent.

Speaking of clones i checked em today. Water seems like its staying at the perfect temperature. Clones look ok, not wilted much at all temperature is probbly around 75*F and we just got a humidity dome so we will leave that on for a few days to boost humidity. The ambient RH% is only 20. Im sure its more humidity inside the tub where the roots are growing but id like to try and get the ambient RH up some. maybe i will plug in a humidifier and just leave it going in the room.

Looks like you are on track,,i knew the clones would be ok...i'll be cloning another one of my clones today...this one i'll put in a jiffy pellet...see how that turns out...i've notice some growers are trimming their roots coming out of drain holes because they don't have more pots...me i don't trim...i transplant...if i don't have a larger pot...i will use any type of container...including garbage bags..garbage containers..pillow cases...etc,,,the list goes on and on...punch some drain holes and letter grow...out of soil?...my back yard is full of it..:goodjob:

I have roots coming out of the drainage holes on my pots. Can i trim the roots or should i think about moving them into bigger pots before they go into flower?

Temps are Low of 70*F and a high of 78*F id im pretty happy with that.
humidity is low about %20-25 . Not sure if that is good bad or neutral?

about the roots, NO, you can cut them, but I am sure that it might cause a little stress on her, if your going to do a transplant, make sure you do it 1 week before doing the flip!!! to allow her to recover from the transplant shock... when roots begin to poke out, its cus they have reached the bottom of the pot and when they come out and see the light, they stop growing out!!!

Remember, roots like dark and moist areas, roots look for the moisture and they don't like the light!!!

and the temp is in great range!!! and your RH is to low... if still in veg mode, you want about 40-60% when you do the flip 20-40%

your doing a fine job there brotha!!!

:peacetwo:

I like your avtar!

I had to click like on this!!!

i like your business!

AND I WANTED TO CLICK LIKE 15 MILLION TIMES ON THIS!!!
GREAT COMEBACK!!!

astonr, do you think putting a humidifier outside the tent would be effective? i dont want to run a humidifier in the grow tent for 2 reasons

1) theres barley any room as it is and things would be gettin really tight if i put a humidifier in there

2) theres not much vertical space between the lights and the floor of the tent so i dont want a mist of water coming out and gettin my lights wet.

i understand that the RH is lower than it should be but honestly my other 2 plants that i just harvest never got over 40% RH in their whole life span.

what are the draw backs to having low humidity? because i dont see the plants responding negatively to it.

haha ya i thought the comeback was necessary ,. but its true!!

PLEASE CHECK OUT BLUE PLANET NUTRIENTS. Great deals and A++ Customer service~!

astonr, do you think putting a humidifier outside the tent would be effective? i dont want to run a humidifier in the grow tent for 2 reasons

1) theres barley any room as it is and things would be gettin really tight if i put a humidifier in there

2) theres not much vertical space between the lights and the floor of the tent so i dont want a mist of water coming out and gettin my lights wet.

i understand that the RH is lower than it should be but honestly my other 2 plants that i just harvest never got over 40% RH in their whole life span.

what are the draw backs to having low humidity? because i dont see the plants responding negatively to it.

I don't think it would help any if it is outside the tent, unless you have a port type deal to allow the air from the humidifier to go into the tent??? I am not sure on the drawbacks of it being low, but mine has been in the same range before and I started getting yellow leaves... don't think the RH had anything to do with it, but it is noted in my notes!!!

what type of humidifer do you have??? spraying mist??? mine gets water in the jug, a filter soaks up the water from the drip pan, and a blower blows through it and cold air comes out... no water mist... no spray... just cold air...

:peacetwo:

HILLBILLY HASH DABS!

100_08795.JPG

Hey Bike, I used a humidifier for awhile. Just because I could not get above 25% humidity. After I changed my room up a bit and removed my exhaust for th eveg room the humidity went to 45% as a high. That was the first time it went that high. Play with your room and how sealed it is. The plants will transpire and this will raise the humidity all by itself. Just my 2 cents.
BTW i had the humidifier on 24/7 for 2+ months, that is until it stopped blowing humidity into the air....less then a week after removing it the humidity doubled...

I have had to raise my RH recently with some really dry spells that came thru my area.... 2 things that worked for me...

1.. On my tent I have extra vent holes, so I have ducting that sucks air into the tent thru the holes and it releases near my roots on each side of the tent...it works by negative pressure created my my fan sucking out of the tent above... I added my humidifier next to my tent, and adjusted the ducting to sit directly over the humidifier output..so this cool moist air gets sucked into my tent.. This raised the humidity by around 10-20%...

2.. Another member on here suggested this to me...I will have to look back to find out who...but anyways....hanging some wet towels from the roof of your tent, inside the tent will help raise the humidity quite a bit...a good 10-15%...only drawback is you have to re-wet the towels about 2-3 times a day..

the only draw back i can see from the low humdity is the leaves are a little dry. i think i can counter act this just by misting a few times a day. going to try that and report back.

Watered with straight water today, used about 1 gallon for all 4 plants. the way i water is i add small ammounts at a time to each plant, then when i start to see water trickle out the bottom i give them one last bit before i stop, by that point the water is almost pooling in the bottom of the dish and i just take the dish out and empty it then put it back under. this seems to be working good. we are feeding them almost every other day. is this too much? should we be holding off like every 2 days with the nutrients since they are drinking alot of water?

My humidity is commonly in the mid 30 % and I have seen no ill effects at all. When it rains it goes a bit higher into the 40% range but thats it. Afghanistan is a pretty dry place and they grow a lot of smoke there.

Humidity is a punk to deal with for some of us growers. Im trying the towel method right now. My batteries went dead in my hygrometer but ill find out tomorrow how much it raised the humidity. Good luck on raising that bud. I had 20% my whole last grow from 14" clones and they handled it real real well. always real perky and never droopy. Im still trying to raise it regardless if they handled it well then.

Gonna order some beans today online, ill let yall know what i ordered!

EDIT: So i just placed my order with Castle Seed Bank and im pretty damn excited! heres what i ordered

1x TH Seeds - A-Train - Feminized
1x Green House - Super Lemon Haze Feminized
1x Green House - Chemdog - Feminized
1x Barney's Farm - Red Dragon - Feminized
1x Barney's Farm - LSD - Feminized

any one ordered through castle seeds before? I chose the non guaranteed shipping because i didnt have enough money, i assume this means it will just come in a letter envelope? if any one has experience with castle seeds how long did you wait for your beans to arrive? i only ordered seeds once before through nirvana and it took about 20 days

Back
Top Bottom