Cola Monster's Silver Haze and Super Grape Ape Hydro Grow

What's up mates?:ganjamon:
This is my first ever grow journal so please bear with me as I don't have a lot of time to sit down and type out everything I do nor respond in writing to those who might be reading on a daily basis since I have two jobs here that keep me extremely busy in which I'll just start off with a few photos and a list of what I'm growing this time around plus the set-up I'll be running which includes the following:

Strain: Grand Daddy Purple x O.G. Kush
Seed or clone: Seed (from my personal stock)
Finished Room Size: 10' wide x 13' long x 9' high
Soil or hydro: Hydro (Flood & Drain System)
Tray: 4'x8' White Botanicare tray w/75 gallon reservoir
Medium: Hydrotron Clay Rocks w/Netted Baskets
Lighting: Seed & Cloning room-6 Argosun Full Spectrum Fluorescent Tubes (5850k)
Lighting: Veg. room-2 Sylvania 400 watt M.H. Clear lamps
Lighting: Flowering room-2 Hortilux 1000 watt Super H.P.S. lamps w/Vertizontal Hoods
Atmospheric Controller: Green Air Products Model CT-DH-3P
CO2 Supplement: Green Air Products Model CD-3 Propane Burner (15 minutes per hour)
Nutrients: General Hydroponics three part solution (Micro, Grow, Bloom)
Additives: Botanicare Liquid Karma (0.1-0.1-0.5), Humboldt Nutrients Verde Growth Enhancer (16-1-2), Humboldt Nutrients Honey ES (0.45-0.25-1.8)

More to come when finding the time and any questions or comments are greatly appreciated!:hookah:

G_D_P_x_O_G_Kush_Seeds.JPG

General_Hydroponic_Nutrients.JPG

Verde_Liquid_Karma.JPG

Humboldt_Nutrients_Honey_ES.jpg

Quantum_1000_Watt_Switchable_Ballast_w:Dimmer.JPG

75_Gallon_Reservoir.JPG

Samsung_Air_Conditioner.JPG

Botanicare_4_x8_Tray.JPG

Blue_Stone_Air_Pump1.JPG

CO2_Propane_Burner.jpg

CO2_Cycle_Timer.JPG

Atmospheric_Controller.jpg

If all goes as planned this is what I should end up with come harvest:
DSC049785.JPG

Peace all & stay high!:Namaste:

A musical walk thru & test run of my legal flowering room before the outer walls and lining go up plus the seeds I'll be growing this time around. ~Peace~:ganjamon:

[video=youtube;sU39jBEHvwo]
[/video]

A final fresh water test run video featuring good ol' Lenny Kravitz before planting my little ladies here shortly.:ganjamon:

[video=youtube;dAUWuvlwA5s]
[/video]

CM, Looks like ya did a great job on the room.

Couple quick questions for ya. Why the rockwool? I used small rockwool in my first grow only. Since then I too run root riot cubes, but I drop them right into the hydroton in my rdwc grows. It seems redundant to use the bigger rockwool cubes with the root riot cubes?

Are you using a water chiller? Doesnt seem like it, but I saw the water temp a perfect 68f so made me wonder.

I love your air stones. Those 3" cylindrical types are the best and last long too imho.

I'm a dwc type, but still looking forward to watching your grow. Best wishes!

CM, Looks like ya did a great job on the room.

Couple quick questions for ya. Why the rockwool? I used small rockwool in my first grow only. Since then I too run root riot cubes, but I drop them right into the hydroton in my rdwc grows. It seems redundant to use the bigger rockwool cubes with the root riot cubes?

Are you using a water chiller? Doesnt seem like it, but I saw the water temp a perfect 68f so made me wonder.

I love your air stones. Those 3" cylindrical types are the best and last long too imho.

I'm a dwc type, but still looking forward to watching your grow. Best wishes!

What's up Bassman59? Nice to see ya drop by & in answer to your question I was just playing around testing out a few methods of growing an old friend recommended but went back to my old school ways as that's what's always worked best for me & don't like changing things up in the middle of the game as they say. And as far as the strain goes I switched that up also by replacing the G.D.P. x O.G. Kush this time around with some Silver Haze which has a very high T.H.C. rating & Super Grape Ape instead which are placed the center of the video I'm posting below. Enjoy & when it comes to the water chiller I've never had to use one before as the conditions I grow under are optimal to say the least. Got lucky where I set up my room I guess! ~Peace~:ganjamon:

[video=youtube;Z9ZV13KeJz0]
[/video]

howsit CM??!

looking forward to this ma man!
can i ask what age are your babies in the above clip?? how long are you gonna Veg them for?? 18/6?? and what ya aiming for in yield for each plant?? -sori for the 20 questions loL just curious :ganjamon:
looking freakin awesome brother and im def subbed for this grow dude :cheesygrinsmiley: :party::allgood::party:

What it be Alk! No problem being curious when it comes to herb sir & I'll take ya down the list real quick, cool?

1) First off I have no idea how old the clones I planted are since I just purchased them from one of our local clubs where I do business yesterday but the Silver Haze looks to be a couple weeks maybe and a week for the Super Grape Ape from the size I'm thinking.:hmmmm:

2) I'm running an 18/6 veg. cycle under two 1000 watt MH lamps that are about three feet above the canopy with a mild nutrient regiment for two weeks to bring them up to speed then they get a one week hard nute solution and a flush then changing of the bulbs and off into flowering for 8 to 9 weeks according to the strain info. I received which sometimes is just a round about time period and leave it to my all seeing eye to get the harvest time down.

3) And as far the yield goes for my little ladies it says the Silver Haze has a high T.H.C. content and medium to high production which I hope to up by means of CO2 enrichment and excellent grow conditions with the Super Grape Ape being a hybrid having a high ratio it says. Well find out together I guess & hope all goes good since this is the first time I've ever grown these two strains and have to take into account their store bought cuttings that are what they are and not of my homemade creation.:wood:

And on a note I've been checking out the photos you posted & it looks like everything down under is going well with your new set-up there as your babies are just starting to flower which is the sweetest thing to see as a grower in my humble opinion! ~Peace~ ttyl!:ganjamon:

Some start up shots of my little girls before they grow up to be my best buds in the world.:rofl:

DSC058282.JPG

DSC05833.JPG

Super_Grape_Ape.JPG

DSC058672.JPG

DSC058692.JPG

Silver_Haze3.JPG

Beautiful setup CM!
Thanks for the reps and those very kind words.
Means a lot coming from you my friend.
I'm subbed in, and can't wait to follow this grow.
:thumb:

Hi Cola,
How are you mate?? Thought Id drop in to say HI as Ive always been a fan of your buds. So here I am:):):) Anyway, so far your journals better set up than mine! So youre fine buddy.. I dont do Hydro, Im a soil guy, But if you kno what ya doing go for it!
Ill be watching to see what marvellous nugs you yield for us to envy and aspire to;) Take care Cola, Chat soon mate. Smokemup:goodjob:

Thought I'd toss up a shot of an extremely vital instrument I just purchased and should've got a long time ago but will come in handy knowing the true levels of CO2 be given to my legal ladies. And welcome to the show BIGBADBAZ, Smokemupm8, and Vick074 owner of the gorgeous OG Kush flower which looks superb by the way & highlighted perfectly in the photo. I'll do my best to make ya all proud and keep you updated as well when finding the time. ~Peace~:ganjamon:

Supco_CO2:Humidity:Temperature_Meter.jpg

Just so all those following my hydro grow know I'm not a big talker but I am a total music as well as weed freak here and will be posting mostly updated videos along with my rock 'n' roll tunes playing in the background since it helps my legal ladies grow huge in which this is my favorite all time 4:20 song going as we all including I like a good rush during the night. And on a personal grow note, it's early in the game but everything is working as should be while I just stand by toking and waiting patiently which is what it takes to grow the green I.M.H.O.. ~Peace~:ganjamon::theband:

[video=youtube;gWdea1TTktI]
[/video]

Totally diggin your video updates my friend.
Especially when Rush is cranking through the tour.
Gotta admit, I'm a bit of a Rush fan.
And thanks for those kind words about my nuggage.
:high-five:

Thought I'd toss up a shot of an extremely vital instrument I just purchased and should've got a long time ago but will come in handy knowing the true levels of CO2 be given to my legal ladies.
Supco_CO2:Humidity:Temperature_Meter.jpg

I couldn't agree more when using CO2.
You gotta know what your levels are..
I got one of these last year, not as nice as yours, but it does the job.

I like to play music to my ladies too. they love it!

OG_3_dec_8th_2.jpg

CO2_meter_1.jpg

We all wanted to know how you did it :cheesygrinsmiley: this is awesome!! I am a soil guy and always will be but I watch a couple hydro grows... this will be one of them.

Hey Vick, I saw that meter myself when shopping amongst the many choices online that range from the low hundreds to the thousands I see and decided on this model here since it was much cheaper & so I can hang it on the wall next to my other equipment. Question for ya? How accurate is the model you bought as it should be between 300-400 ppm outside depending on the area a person lives and was just curious if you've tested yours or had any problems at all? Nice looking ladies by the way all lush and green just sitting there doing their thing soaking up the music. Sweet & I'm off for my 2:15 am feedings! ~Peace~:ganjamon:

We all wanted to know how you did it :cheesygrinsmiley: this is awesome!! I am a soil guy and always will be but I watch a couple hydro grows... this will be one of them.

Hey Buckshot, happy to have ya aboard for my musical weed growing journey and it's been a while since I pulled a hydroponic grow but will do my best with the clones provided which are club purchased and I'll take then turn into something beautiful come harvest hopefully plus clone the best plants for next go around being it takes a couple grows with the way I do things to get the perfect monster cola. ~Peace~:ganjamon:

Just a quick update for my journal here & personal records as well which would be I had a breaker shut off for about 45 min. while in veg. still so it didn't affect my ladies by any means but have to check for the source of what's kicking the breaker. I hate when things go haywire right from the start making me track down or trace electrical problems which cuts into my days of trimming the marijuana from my outdoor gardens. The works never done when it comes to growing bud. ~Peace~:ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom