Conradino23 Keeps On Keeping On Outdoor & Indoor Using LOS/High Brix Methods

I have a good news! I've just paid the invoice for GROwant LED, so they should be shipping it very soon. Now I need to buy a tent I guess :thumb:

Conradino23 Keeps On Keeping On Outdoor & Indoor Using LOS/High Brix Methods

Yep mostly lactobacillus plantarum I've stored over the winter. I'm widening my microbial arsenal :)

Hey C - nice to see some seeds in soil over here .

That lacto, how did you make that and store it. I'm interested that it's just clear like that... any sugar or milk lacto involved? The times I've made it I needed milk and sugar etc and it wasn't as clear as that when done...

Edit: so I'm guessing you didn't add the sugar/molasses (that some folk recommend) and that you've stored it in the fridge. Yes?

I've been thinking about doing exactly that with my next batch (about to start it today!) - I didn't like the sugar aspect so much and I threw the last half of it out cause it started to smell like beer, which I decided was not good

So yours looks like you did the carby wash step... followed by the milk step and then you stored the clear part of that. Is that right? What do you use to strain off the final product?

Re: Conradino23 Keeps On Keeping On Outdoor & Indoor Using LOS/High Brix Methods

Hey C - nice to see some seeds in soil over here .

That lacto, how did you make that and store it. I'm interested that it's just clear like that... any sugar or milk lacto involved? The times I've made it I needed milk and sugar etc and it wasn't as clear as that when done...

Edit: so I'm guessing you didn't add the sugar/molasses (that some folk recommend) and that you've stored it in the fridge. Yes?

I've been thinking about doing exactly that with my next batch (about to start it today!) - I didn't like the sugar aspect so much and I threw the last half of it out cause it started to smell like beer, which I decided was not good

So yours looks like you did the carby wash step... followed by the milk step and then you stored the clear part of that. Is that right? What do you use to strain off the final product?

It's different culture... not acidophilus, but plantarum. I used olive brine as a starter, where it's one of the main bacteria. I diluted it and added a tiny amount of molasses to fuel the growth. That's it basically. Then I've just stored it :thumb:

I hear some people make rice wash to grow Lactobacillus. They take rice water and let it ferment for a few days. Then they add milk and after a time take the middle liquid (not solids) and store it. They then dilute 1 oz in a gallon and water their plants or spray-on....

I have never used it myself but have read a bit about it. There are many different species of Lactobacillis many of which are indistinguishable even a lab environment. They also show many different characteristics which may or may not apply to growing cannabis.

I have heard of sourcing Lacto from rice and I have made sour beer with Lacto off of malted barley. I hear of people using rice to get Lacto to wash and improve micobial networks in their cannabis grows, but have not tried it myself.

Here is what I have right now..
KIMG2486.jpg

Now Olives? It's all very interesting...Are you confident that it is plantarum? What results do you look for, Con?

I am really trying to go the whole living soil way but is hard indoors....

I hear some people make rice wash to grow Lactobacillus. They take rice water and let it ferment for a few days. Then they add milk and after a time take the middle liquid (not solids) and store it. They then dilute 1 oz in a gallon and water their plants or spray-on....

I have never used it myself but have read a bit about it. There are many different species of Lactobacillis many of which are indistinguishable even a lab environment. They also show many different characteristics which may or may not apply to growing cannabis.

I have heard of sourcing Lacto from rice and I have made sour beer with Lacto off of malted barley. I hear of people using rice to get Lacto to wash and improve micobial networks in their cannabis grows, but have not tried it myself.

Here is what I have right now..
KIMG2486.jpg

Now Olives? It's all very interesting...Are you confident that it is plantarum? What results do you look for, Con?

I am really trying to go the whole living soil way but is hard indoors....
Yep they actually use olive brine as a starter in the lab:

Identification of Critical Genes for Growth in Olive Brine by Transposon Mutagenesis of Lactobacillus pentosus C11

Plantarum is the strongest mould fighting bacteria so far isolated. In field trials it was mixed with cinnamon and ajwain oil and used on strawberries, where it's shown almost 100% suppression rate of botrytis.

Biocontrol of gray mold disease on strawberry fruit by integration of Lactobacillus plantarum A7 with ajwain and cinnamon essential oils. - PubMed - NCBI

Hey,,, will it cook down into LSD-25? JK Drive-by my friend... Get that tent going and we going to get ya some more genetics.. I'm looking into a landace sativa from Africa you "might' Might not' grow.. They do get big........... But I'm along for the ride and I have afew extras seed for ya.... Keepem Green

Hey,,, will it cook down into LSD-25? JK Drive-by my friend... Get that tent going and we going to get ya some more genetics.. I'm looking into a landace sativa from Africa you "might' Might not' grow.. They do get big........... But I'm along for the ride and I have afew extras seed for ya.... Keepem Green
Let's hope it's gonna rip yr brain out :laugh:

Yeah about the tent I should get into it... there are many options though sizewise, pricewise and whatever, so I'll have to do some research. Actually I've never grown in a tent before.

Let's hope it's gonna rip yr brain out :laugh:

Yeah about the tent I should get into it... there are many options though sizewise, pricewise and whatever, so I'll have to do some research. Actually I've never grown in a tent before.
i never have either my spot is just a corner of the room but i did recently buy a 3x3 tent so its going to be a new experience for me to,my son just harvested a sour bubbly auto he got 7.75 zips dry bud in the jars!:cheesygrinsmiley:

it was a mephisto genetics sour bubbly auto it was just over 2ft. tall and 36in. wide he measured the stalk at the stump 2 3/4in. thick it grew real dense thick colas i saw the pics of him weighing it its real!

If I ever grow any more autos they will come from Mephisto. I have seen pics of their gear and it looks crazy!

I'm gonna plant a few of these auto seeds and we'll see what happens.

Some of them autos are fairly good plants nowadays. I remember when they first came out,, you got a 1/4 oz of crap weed out of them. All the breeding they have done now with them,, they are getting thc levels up almost''''' as good as regular photo plants.
GL and Keepem Green

Some of them autos are fairly good plants nowadays. I remember when they first came out,, you got a 1/4 oz of crap weed out of them. All the breeding they have done now with them,, they are getting thc levels up almost''''' as good as regular photo plants.
GL and Keepem Green

your rite i haven't had one yet that would stand up to a good photo plant!

I hear a lot off different opinions. I see they are good producers... in hydro. And I hear their potency's up too. But to me early harvest seems like a big advantage, especially this season :)

Back
Top Bottom