Conradino23's Another Outdoor Grow With High Brix Soil - Air-Pots & SoCal Seed Stock

Re: Conradino23's Another Outdoor Grow With High Brix Soil - Air-Pots & SoCal Seed St

Didn't know you started a new thread.. Hope you don't mind me driving thru every now and then... Keepem Green

I'm interested in your Columbian Gold '72.

I bought a lot of "Columbian Gold" during 79-82 in the California Bay Area. It was a mild stone, moderately trippy, and major munchies. Tasted and felt like Mexican Brick, but with uncompressed small buds on thin stems. Over dried with plenty of shake and a few mature seeds. (We didn't know any better.) Probably something grown outdoors in Sonoma or Mendocino county.

Compared to Thai stick and sensemilla - it wasn't very good, but you could get an honest ounce for $60, smoke it up at a party, and drive home afterwards.

Most of the sensemilla hit fast and hard. The effects were gone in 30-40 minutes.

I've always been curious about real Columbian Gold. I heard the hype but never tried the good stuff.

20140522_052103.jpg

Never tried it either which is why I'm growing it. Original hailed from northern coast of Colombia (Santa Marta) and was available in the late 70s in form of compressed bricks. Buds were wispy seeded and had golden colour. I also heard about silver colour. High was psychedelic, euphoric and long-lasting, absolutely no ceiling I heard. In Colombia they called this bud La Mona Amarilla, but many say it was just the method of growing and processing that gave the legendary colour. The strain itself was most likely a similar one to Colombian Punto Rojo or Colombian Mangobiche. Huge branchy sativa with very airy buds and long flowering time. They say the strain was lost, but there are growers who kept it either by making it a heirloom or cloning it over and over again. USC breeders claim it's been kept around since 1972, so why not wait and see.

Hi man, welcome to my grow.

:Namaste:

Re: Conradino23's Another Outdoor Grow With High Brix Soil - Air-Pots & SoCal Seed St

My seed order has just arrived with some freebies. I'm gonna grow an auto on top of everything after all :laughtwo:

IMG_56036.JPG

I really enjoy reading what you write, so I am quite curious to see how you do with the auto. According to reviews I am not sure that's the best auto but perhaps somebody else can give an opinion.

I don't know much about autos, I grew one around 2010 and that's about it. This is a freebie, so I kind of get what I get I guess.

About UDs, I have to tell you that, which is really amazing and it's the first time I experienced such a thing. A lot of these frozen seeds germinated after just few days and I really threw a handful into a shot glass, so I planted them as soon as I saw they were healthy. So one of these I planted yesterday around noon just to discover around 10 or 11 pm that it broke the ground. It puzzled me so much that I initially thought it was a leftover from another seedling, but when I poked it it was hard. The thing is the sprout was maybe a millimetre long so when I took it off the towel it grew a lot in soil in just few hours. I'm telling you frozen seeds are stronger and more vigorous than the ones i kept in the fridge, which hardened and were very slow to germinate.

:smokin:

I don't know much about autos, I grew one around 2010 and that's about it. This is a freebie, so I kind of get what I get I guess.

Well its certainly a candidate for a a pollen chuck on one isolated branch with bit of pollen from some of your other fine land-race based sativa stock. You never know what you might get?

I think the key thing is not to get discouraged if it doesn't quite measure up to the rest of the harem on an early attempt. There could be a fine descendant in the future.

I don't think I'll be looking for a male this year, I think I'm gonna give it a break. But I have a two year old pollen stashed in the freezer that comes from bubblegum UD male, and I'm gonna use it on a sativa cause I know it crosses well. I don't have big need for autos here and I can always go and buy some seeds if I suddenly discover I wanna give them a field to play. We'll see how this Jack turns out, it's in soil as of yesterday.

Drive Bye,,, Keepem Green

I don't think I'll be looking for a male this year, I think I'm gonna give it a break. But I have a two year old pollen stashed in the freezer that comes from bubblegum UD male, and I'm gonna use it on a sativa cause I know it crosses well. I don't have big need for autos here and I can always go and buy some seeds if I suddenly discover I wanna give them a field to play. We'll see how this Jack turns out, it's in soil as of yesterday.

Sounds good, I just enjoy what you write so much and trust your judgment as a grower and land-race connoisseur, so I am very curious to see how you do with the auto and what you think of the smoking results. I think what you achieve will be close to as good as it gets.

I am waiting until it becomes legal in Canada, which could be very soon. It could be a monumental social change. People could stop worrying about persecution and job loss for growing what I think is a natural anti-depressant.

When that time comes, some of the haze autos and the Auto-CBG based on Destroyer look compelling to me. Cross some those with Panama or Punto Rojo and maybe we have something nice for micro dosing on the weekend when the world seems a bit to much.

I just might take that baton and run a lap or two with the UDs. Lookin for a male....

Yes this line has indeed some great males that will cross extremely well to a proper female. Three phenos I saw so far include fast flowering OG type male with short stature and minimal branching and very tall, branchy, late flowering, sativa-looking pheno that passes bubblegum/exotic smell to its progeny, and sturdy, indica-looking male that looks like a female but I never got to see how he looks in flowering.

The one I used to get F2 generation looked like that:

m134.jpg

m230.jpg

m322.jpg

m414.jpg

Sounds good, I just enjoy what you write so much and trust your judgment as a grower and land-race connoisseur, so I am very curious to see how you do with the auto and what you think of the smoking results. I think what you achieve will be close to as good as it gets.

I am waiting until it becomes legal in Canada, which could be very soon. It could be a monumental social change. People could stop worrying about persecution and job loss for growing what I think is a natural anti-depressant.

When that time comes, some of the haze autos and the Auto-CBG based on Destroyer look compelling to me. Cross some those with Panama or Punto Rojo and maybe we have something nice for micro dosing on the weekend when the world seems a bit to much.

We'll see, if this one turns out good I still might consider growing more in the future. I'd be interested to see what they can do early in the season with spring sun. Crossing autos with non-autos is problematic, cause in order to get full automatic line you'll have to stabilise it and I just don't have conditions for a project that would need popping at least 200 hundred individuals to check for the desired traits. I hope it's gonna go well for you Canadians. Last time when I checked what was happening I saw they were busting dispensaries.

We'll see, if this one turns out good I still might consider growing more in the future. I'd be interested to see what they can do early in the season with spring sun. Crossing autos with non-autos is problematic, cause in order to get full automatic line you'll have to stabilise it and I just don't have conditions for a project that would need popping at least 200 hundred individuals to check for the desired traits. I hope it's gonna go well for you Canadians. Last time when I checked what was happening I saw they were busting dispensaries.

I probably won't be as scientifically rigorous as you. I just want to play, create crosses, have fun and enjoy the results.

Crossing autos to build up some seed stock seems a likely first step. Some research into the Paradise Auto Jack led to another Paradise candidate, Automaria II: Ruderalis x Brazilian Santa Maria!

Under legalization, I think my choices to buy seeds locally will explode. I so look forward to easily buying Ace and Canabiogen strains.

Things are progressing in Canada. The task force recommended allowing personal grows of 3 plants under 1 meter so autos seem to fit the bill. Just yesterday the Prime Minister Trudeau said:

"We are hoping to bring in legislation before the summer, we’re working very hard on that but I cannot stress enough, until we have a framework to control and regulate marijuana, the current law applies.”

Well I don't really care a lot how many plants government will allow me to grow, I'm gonna grow as many as I need :laughtwo:

The thing with producing crosses is just you need to know where you're going and being able to pollinate and grow sensi in the same time. I know that cause I got hit badly last year. But I definitely support making your own stock, cause buying seeds all the time at inflated prices due to business risk is just unfair for me. And then feminising keeps getting more popular. I mean I really get the need to save space, time and resources, but only your own seeds guarantee full independence and controlling of what you want to grow... no scratch that, clones are as good, but what's gonna happen if you get hit by an earthquake or a hurricane. You lose all your genetics in a blink of an eye while seeds can be just shoved into your pocket and off you go :passitleft:

Never tried it either which is why I'm growing it. Original hailed from northern coast of Colombia (Santa Marta) and was available in the late 70s in form of compressed bricks. Buds were wispy seeded and had golden colour. I also heard about silver colour. High was psychedelic, euphoric and long-lasting, absolutely no ceiling I heard. In Colombia they called this bud La Mona Amarilla, but many say it was just the method of growing and processing that gave the legendary colour. The strain itself was most likely a similar one to Colombian Punto Rojo or Colombian Mangobiche. Huge branchy sativa with very airy buds and long flowering time. They say the strain was lost, but there are growers who kept it either by making it a heirloom or cloning it over and over again. USC breeders claim it's been kept around since 1972, so why not wait and see.

Hi man, welcome to my grow.

:Namaste:

I'm not sure how accurate the information was, but I read that the golden bud color of Columbian gold was achieved by girdling the plant. Basically, cutting the outside skin off all the way around the stem in a ring. It's used on trees to kill anything above where you cut the ring, so it would basically starve the buds. I would assume done late in flower because the buds wouldn't grow otherwise. I'm not feeling up to attempting it anytime soon, but maybe down the road when I have enough stash built up that I can play a bit more, I'll give it a whirl.

Morglie's 1st Journal With Ace Sativas In Doc Bud's High Brix Kit

Well I don't really care a lot how many plants government will allow me to grow, I'm gonna grow as many as I need :laughtwo:

The thing with producing crosses is just you need to know where you're going and being able to pollinate and grow sensi in the same time. I know that cause I got hit badly last year. But I definitely support making your own stock, cause buying seeds all the time at inflated prices due to business risk is just unfair for me. And then feminising keeps getting more popular. I mean I really get the need to save space, time and resources, but only your own seeds guarantee full independence and controlling of what you want to grow... no scratch that, clones are as good, but what's gonna happen if you get hit by an earthquake or a hurricane. You lose all your genetics in a blink of an eye while seeds can be just shoved into your pocket and off you go :passitleft:

Rule 1: Don't live in an earthquake zone .
Rule 2: Always keep P1 stock backed up with friends.
Rule 3: See Rule 1

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

But I definitely support making your own stock, cause buying seeds all the time at inflated prices due to business risk is just unfair for me.

I think its different for me. It's not about the money. I'm a creative person. Its about the joy of the creative process. I want to read, learn, create and play in this area

For my regular flower garden hobby, I already think about selection, genetics, bloom times, height, and fragrance. I already understand the history of many flowers from wild to the current varieties under domestication. In my garden outside, for many years I have grown small "species tulips" which are the hardy parents of the hybrids of today...almost like..."land-race" tulips...so I have this deep feeling that I can get to connoisseur level very quickly, maybe even create some spectacular pollen chucks

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

In my personal experience, the most beautiful parts of the world are in earthquake zones.

italy has his share of earthquakes, most recently a hotel vanished by an avalanche caused by one:bump:

I'm not sure how accurate the information was, but I read that the golden bud color of Columbian gold was achieved by girdling the plant. Basically, cutting the outside skin off all the way around the stem in a ring. It's used on trees to kill anything above where you cut the ring, so it would basically starve the buds. I would assume done late in flower because the buds wouldn't grow otherwise. I'm not feeling up to attempting it anytime soon, but maybe down the road when I have enough stash built up that I can play a bit more, I'll give it a whirl.

Morglie's 1st Journal With Ace Sativas In Doc Bud's High Brix Kit

Yep that's what they say.

Well unfortunately I live in a country that has a lot of seismic activity, even if I haven't seen it yet in my zone. But also keeping clones in situation of illegality is a big risk, you lose everything if you get busted. It's hard to even find a grower who'd agree to keep mothers for many reasons, but mostly cause they are afraid to make new friends who do the same thing. Well I wish it was easier.

I think its different for me. It's not about the money. I'm a creative person. Its about the joy of the creative process. I want to read, learn, create and play in this area

For my regular flower garden hobby, I already think about selection, genetics, bloom times, height, and fragrance. I already understand the history of many flowers from wild to the current varieties under domestication. In my garden outside, for many years I have grown small "species tulips" which are the hardy parents of the hybrids of today...almost like..."land-race" tulips...so I have this deep feeling that I can get to connoisseur level very quickly, maybe even create some spectacular pollen chucks

Get an excellent female and an excellent male. Keep 3 most important goals in mind. Select for most desired traits in F1. Cut clones of both P1 and F1 males and females if you can. Make F2 and F3, see what you got. It's really a lottery, but seeds that you got need to be grown in order to check how your cross came out.

In my personal experience, the most beautiful parts of the world are in earthquake zones.

Very often they are.

italy has his share of earthquakes, most recently a hotel vanished by an avalanche caused by one:bump:

Yep that was in Abruzzo, central Italy, in the middle of the winter with 5 feet snow caps. Very unfortunate, especially after series of earthquakes in the north and the center last year and two years ago. But these things happen here as well as floods and volcano eurptions.

Yep that was in Abruzzo, central Italy, in the middle of the winter with 5 feet snow caps. Very unfortunate, especially after series of earthquakes in the north and the center last year and two years ago. But these things happen here as well as floods and volcano eurptions.

Montepulciano d'Abruzzo is one of my favorite wines. A little tangy for the first glass, it settles down to being very rich on the second glass. It stores in a decanter after being opened for a couple of weeks without much loss in quality. - it makes a great 'house wine.' If I could get a decent Chianti for the same price, I would prefer a Chianti. But Masciarrelli, Mon Sasso...never disappointing. Montepulciano d'Abruzzo is a great wine for the money.

italian wines are very good indeed but i like conrads weed better:cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom