Cooking with The Chronic

So stir, par-cool in the freezer, remove while blendable, blend, cool further, make dough?
Youre making it too complicated.
1. Infuse butter
2. Pour into whatever mold
3. Freeze solid
4. Store in freezer or refrigerator until ready to use.
5. To make cookie dough, bring butter to room temp, beat if needed, add to recipe as directed

Nice tip! :thumb: Thanks cannasavy! Would be great for quick use too, like buttering toast, etc.
I LOVE my silicone molds, all of them. Tip, if you buy some get the heavy duty ones if you can. Floppy mold=no fun. Just saying.

Oh! So the butter goes in the ice cube trays straight from the MB, then brought to room temps and combined back together again? I can try that...off to the 99 cent store for ice cube trays!

Thanks CS :thanks:
YES!!!:passitleft:i need to relax now.

Oh! So the butter goes in the ice cube trays straight from the MB, then brought to room temps and combined back together again? I can try that...off to the 99 cent store for ice cube trays!

Thanks CS :thanks:

Hey Shed I ordered some silicone molds from amazon and there are 6 molds that hold exactly a 1/4cup. So when I make my infused butter I can measure out exactly 1/4C cubes and refrigerate. When I’m ready to use I pull out and pop out the required amount! May be of better interest than the ice cube trays!

YES!!!:passitleft:i need to relax now.
Please...relax! You've suffered enough under my confusion!
:Namaste:
Hey Shed I ordered some silicone molds from amazon and there are 6 molds that hold exactly a 1/4cup. So when I make my infused butter I can measure out exactly 1/4C cubes and refrigerate. When I’m ready to use I pull out and pop out the required amount! May be of better interest than the ice cube trays!
¼ cup blocks will be harder to blend back together and, given their size, will have larger amounts of oil settling out. I just wish someone made 2.5" cookie molds like they make muffin tins. I've seen 3" whoopie pie molds but that's too wide.

¼ cup blocks will be harder to blend back together and, given their size, will have larger amounts of oil settling out. I just wish someone made 2.5" cookie molds like they make muffin tins. I've seen 3" whoopie pie molds but that's too wide.
Candy molds

These are close.... 2" discs....
2019-01-11-05-31-19.jpg

Excellent! Ghirardelli is my go to as well. I prefer the Triple Fudge, but now must try the Caramel Turtle. :drool:
53 mg is too strong for me! Gotta stick with something less than 20 mg here.
Man the states as so much better stuff then us in Canada . I mean I like my betty Crocker and Duncan Hanes bit caramel turtle really. You didn’t go there . Lol

Man the states as so much better stuff then us in Canada . I mean I like my betty Crocker and Duncan Hanes bit caramel turtle really. You didn’t go there . Lol
That works both ways.... didn't they only just get salt and vinegar lays ?

Wow, I'm away for one day and I missed something like 3 pages of cooking fun!:oops:

Wow, I'm away for one day and I missed something like 3 pages of cooking fun!:oops:
It's about to get real busy in here! LoL
:high-five:
Harvest time, and I'm taking some time off work. Bout to get busy in the kitchen!
:passitleft:

My 2 cents regarding the cookie conundrum:
The butter thing has been covered quite well, so I'm going to touch on a couple other things to try. While my cookie recipe calls for both baking powder and baking soda, I also add about 25% more of both -- that seems to help. Also, I add about 10% more flour. And finally, I NEVER bake for the full amount of time the recipe calls for. Unless your father likes crispy cookies, reducing the baking time will make the cookies a little chewier and less likely to break -- even if they are still somewhat flat.
Oh, and one more cent: I usually make 8 dozen in a batch. I put 12 balls per sheet and rotate 3 different cookie sheets. Once the cookies come off the first sheet, I put it in the frig to cool down until I'm ready for it again. I also keep the bowl of dough in the frig while I wait the 8 minutes for the cookies to bake. Keeps everything consistent, first dozen to last.

Kids are back to school, and I'm back in the kitchen! Whoop whoop!
:yahoo:

Trying my hand at tincture today with 7 grams of Candida. I actually used a bunch of nice tops too!
:thumb:
Started by coursly grinding all the buds:

Threw all the chopped herb into the jar, then returned to the freezer for 30 min or so.

Of course I was blazed up and forgot to take a picture during the next step.
*removed from freezer and added 80ml Everclear. (Just enough to saturate plant material)
20190104_065358.jpg

Moving on......
Muddled the mix a bit and returned to the freezer for 2 more hours.

Took it out and strained through a coffee filter. Even pressed the bag to squish it alllll out.

Now.... this is completely new for me, but let me forewarn you; this is not a "lick the bowl" kind of recipe... For reals!

I got about half way through licking that shit before my mouf was on FIRE! LoL
Numb for about 20 min after... No bueno!

Finally, into a water bath on low to evap off some of the booze.

I'm stoked to see how this turns out!

Also saved the puck to soak again in my next batch.
:passitleft:

I might have missed something, I've got a quick question: Did you decarb the weed before infusing?

I might have missed something, I've got a quick question: Did you decarb the weed before infusing?
I did not. That is a CBD tincture. I used the Candida buds for this run.

Oh, I thought CBDa needed to be decarbed into CBD as well. :hmmmm:

Back
Top Bottom