Cooking with The Chronic

Do you oil the molds before you pour in the jello mix like you would with cornstarch?
Yes, i used coconut oil sprayed lightly.

Follow up on the coconut oil extraction i did. I mentioned was my first long term extraction. Well normally i get a heavy weed flavor, but this time the brownies are coconut and chocolate without the heavy canna flavor, & dont forget the catamel on top. Yes i just atr breakfast...

Learning to Fly!

Kids are back to school, and I'm back in the kitchen! Whoop whoop!
:yahoo:

Trying my hand at tincture today with 7 grams of Candida. I actually used a bunch of nice tops too!
:thumb:
Started by coursly grinding all the buds:

Threw all the chopped herb into the jar, then returned to the freezer for 30 min or so.

Of course I was blazed up and forgot to take a picture during the next step.
*removed from freezer and added 80ml Everclear. (Just enough to saturate plant material)
20190104_065358.jpg

Moving on......
Muddled the mix a bit and returned to the freezer for 2 more hours.

Took it out and strained through a coffee filter. Even pressed the bag to squish it alllll out.

Now.... this is completely new for me, but let me forewarn you; this is not a "lick the bowl" kind of recipe... For reals!

I got about half way through licking that shit before my mouf was on FIRE! LoL
Numb for about 20 min after... No bueno!

Finally, into a water bath on low to evap off some of the booze.

I'm stoked to see how this turns out!

Also saved the puck to soak again in my next batch.
:passitleft:

Fire tongue, fire tincture! I wonder how much is left in the mash for a second run as the alcohol should completely melt the trichomes off. Don't mix them, test them separately...for science!
For sure!

Question for @Cannasavvy or any experienced baker here:
My canna-chocolate chip cookies tend to spread too wide and get thin, even when I refrigerate the dough over night. Should I add more flour or bake at a lower temperature to help them maintain a cookie shape? Or use parchment paper (I just use a cookie sheet now)?

Or are there cookie mold pans like muffin pans?

The often get broken before the assisted living place can give them to my dad, and he no longer understands pieces of cookies so he doesn't get the full dose I've carefully calculated per cookie!

:thanks:

My canna-chocolate chip cookies tend to spread too wide and get thin, even when I refrigerate the dough over night. Should I add more flour or bake at a lower temperature to help them maintain a cookie shape? Or use parchment paper (I just use a cookie sheet now)?

The often get broken before the assisted living place can give them to my dad, and he no longer understands pieces of cookies so he doesn't get the full dose I've carefully calculated per cookie!

Do you make those with EVOO, Coconut oil, or Butter?

Cookies = butter!
That's what I figured.... I just know I've seen others try with EVOO and ended with flat cookies.
:high-five:
I'm sure cannasavvy will have a work-around.
:thumb:

Follow up on the coconut oil extraction i did. I mentioned was my first long term extraction. Well normally i get a heavy weed flavor, but this time the brownies are coconut and chocolate without the heavy canna flavor, & dont forget the catamel on top. Yes i just atr breakfast...

Learning to Fly!

Feet back on the ground, that was a nice ride. Hit me hard around 8-9, good thing I was on the couch icing my knee. I couldn't even focus of the TV...

I’m interested to see what the real expert says (cannasvy), but I’d say try adding 1/4 cup more flour. And I’m not sure how long you’re refrigerating before baking, overnight will give you the best results.

Back
Top Bottom