Cooking with The Chronic

Yeah! Actually I thought about using it this time, but it is a bit thicker. I was worried about ending up with honey instead of oil.

PG is much thinner, but I prefer to stick with VG as much as possible.

Well, in the end... I'm certain VG will be just fine, even though it is a little thicker. Even if it got a bit too thick when infusing, it could always be tempered back to a thinner consistency after the fact with a touch of uninfused oil. They seem to blend well.

I may actually try that with my current yield to stretch it out a bit. It's crazy strong right now. I'd guess I could temper it back with 5-10mL of clean oil but still be potent.

Will update as the shit-show unfolds. LoL
I'd stick with at least 30% pg...I used to mess with vape juices here and there, but now I just order it. Pure vg wont wick for sh**!

I'd stick with at least 30% pg...I used to mess with vape juices here and there, but now I just order it. Pure vg wont wick for sh**!
Good to know! Thank you
:thumb:

Gonna have to try it myself...I'm addicted to vaping, and getting high LOL! :high-five:
I've heard it is near impossible to get enough THC infused into the oil when using dry herb. That's why I decided to try using kief.
My understanding is that the oil would need to be infused over several sessions when using flower, leaving the oil burnt up at the end.

Small amount of oil, small (but strong) plant material. If I had ready access to shatter or wax, I would try that too.

I just happened to have a bunch of larfy bud and some dry ice. I extracted 8-ish grams of kief from 21g popcorn buds to start this whole process.

Straight VG doesn't vape well from experience. It leaves you with a bad case of dry mouth and that's before adding cannabis.

I've infused VG before in my magical butter machine as a 4 hour tincture. Didn't make vape juice with it but instead filled capsules. I've still got half a big jug of VG left. Have been thinking of getting some PG and making juice.

Yeah... I was just trying to reduce any possible waste where I could. I hope to actually get a press soon.

@Dutchman1990 has me a little jealous. LoL
You should get one! We can be squish buddies haha!

Never be jealous of a DINK household. It will drive you to ruin!
DINK lifestyle for sure!! No kids is the way to go hahaha!

My first batch of gummy bears came out very well!! I ended up with almost 250 gummies. The oil I made was very strong. There is a fairly strong cannabis smell from the oil. I am thinking I will make the next batch infusing CCO into the EVO instead of striaght plant material. Hopefully I will end with a similar strength (3 seems to be a happy functional point for me.)

Thanks for the recipe!!! I will keep you updated with the CCO gummies. :circle-of-love::peace:

Also, if the EVO throws you off taste-wise, you can easily substitute the EVO with refined coconut oil - it has virtually no flavor of its own.

I think coconut oil will make it hit harder. I think its in Sweet Sue's oil thread. Maybe do a mix to find your sweet spot.

I've made 4 batches of gummies now with coconut oil. They've been fantastic. The favorite so far has been coated with 1/2 cup of sugar and 2 tsp citric acid for a Sour Patch Kids result. BTW @Preston9mm I went and got a squeeze bottle from the dollar store to fill my molds instead of using a dropper. Pure genius. It just holds the batch of jello and cuts the filling time down to a third of using a dropper. Thanks for the idea.

I've made 4 batches of gummies now with coconut oil. They've been fantastic. The favorite so far has been coated with 1/2 cup of sugar and 2 tsp citric acid for a Sour Patch Kids result. BTW @Preston9mm I went and got a squeeze bottle from the dollar store to fill my molds instead of using a dropper. Pure genius. It just holds the batch of jello and cuts the filling time down to a third of using a dropper. Thanks for the idea.
Yeah buddy!
:high-five:
Works like a champ!

The favorite so far has been coated with 1/2 cup of sugar and 2 tsp citric acid for a Sour Patch Kids result.
I agree! It's easy to eat too many once they are coated with the sour patch coating. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom