Cottage 420's Organic Perpetual Indoor Garden

lol

You aint kidding Bo! 50 bucks for this 70 bucks for that. I bought 1 gal BSM, 1 Gal GEM liquid fish, 1 Gal Budswell, and the rest is worm poop and seaweed. I Still have quite a bit left after 1.5 years lol.

Peace of mind Priceless!

Do you still use your Microbeman 5 Gallon Vortex brewer? Mine is pretty much running all the time. Upgrading to the EcoPlus 3 has really brought sound signature down to a very reasonable level. Those EcoPlus 1's are louder than a 45 HP outboard Johnson LOL!

Microbulator Oh yeah... not in the winter tho, it's way loud. I have a special setup out side for that. Tomorrow supposed to be 60ish degrees I'll run a bucket of worm castings and a bit of malted barley ground up and take a pic or 3. I try and do a few things to make it run with less noise. It kinda works ... results are worth the noise. Even my wife stopped complaining after I hooked up her berry bushes and veggies last spring.

Lately my tea of choice has been rabbit berries/worm castings/kelp meal. I've been running that for like 9 days straight - just add water, and today added in some malted corn (organic non-gmo) ground up and rabbit berries. Yesterday I added a handful of dried stinging nettles - FTW. Just top drenched tonight with that mix.

We shall see whats what. I have half my flower room in the back stretch. It's a good time to give the ladies a little perk me up.

Yeah I'm crazy with the organic teas.. I even filter and foiler it with my semi-weekly (2X a week) IPM. I "think" I saw a gnat the other day...

Last night one of my Cali grower friends stopped over and I tried a "new" mix of what they are doing lately. OG Kush with Keif mixed in. Makes the buds look like they are on the way to hash. Good meds, not as tasty tho, I'll leave it at that and get back to my stash, of course for health reasons.

Of course, for health reasons. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Hi Bo!

That Microbulator is the business. I wish more people would try it out. It's a real winner in my book. I went hunting Worm castings in my back yard yesterday and the ground is just way too wet to tell anything. I think after a good week of no rain and 60+ degree weather it'll be easier. Couldn't find anything :)

Hey Doc - I've been on the watch... too cold here so far. When the night crawlers come back to life they are easy to see the little pile of castings in the plain dirt in the morning. I bet my worm bin is alive with red wigglers already but none in the gardens yet. Our worm bin never filled up so they are in there and working away!!

Just got a new lamp today from MarsHydro - the cheaper MarsPro II Cree256 without the extra setting stuff. They are shipping from the USA now, no extra ship $$ and a discount too!! I can't wait to try it out.

My thoughts are that the LED lamps I've been using are not putting out the same amount of light they were when new. I'm using less electricity/amps now compared to last year at this time according to my watt meter. Less power = less light, no way around that so I'm upgrading.

I hear that - never enough light. 15 amp service take it up to 1500w and turn in back a hair (1800w is 15 amps) <--that's going to get hot!

There was a pediatrician in our area that got caught growing weed cause he started a fire in his grow room (garage) and called the fire dept and they called the police. I think he was growing for some of his patients = kids with epilepsy and cancer. These kinds of stories get swept under the carpet. I bet there's folks helping other folks out all around us, I sure hope so, I know so.

I just read about big Pharma throwing 2 BILLION $$ worth of meds down the drain so they and the docs that were prescribing them could make even more money. Thats f-ed up. Prescription for 150mg - Pharma Co only makes doses in 100mg packages KNOWING the usual dose is 150mg...50 mg down the drain - every script = money in both pockets for big pharma. That's messed up. That's for meds that people need to STAY ALIVE. How can corporate leaders look themselves in the mirror every day or any day??

Would anyone throw cannabis away to make money... yeah not going to happen I doubt ever.

Ok off my soap box for the time being.

Update alert:

Been doing a compost tea watering for the last 7 days or so.

Tea recipe is:
1 cup worm castings
1/4 cup pure coconut water
1 cup rabbit berries (poop)
3-5 gallons RO water
Bubble 24 hours
2 cups of the above into 3-4 gallons RO water and top drench in
Also add a cup to foiler in addition to our semi-weekly (2x a week) IPM

So diluted compost tea - no BSM - I want to bubble for a week or so. If I add in sugar then the tea will start to sour or ferment which is a no-go kill plants. At the end of my week after taking 2-3 cups of tea and topping off with more water, I added in some malted corn (non-gmo organic) ground up bubble for 24 hrs and add a gallon of that tea in to a 4 gallon bucket and water that in. Extra tea goes to the outdoor gardens which will seriously go nuts here in a month or so.

This all takes me about 5 minutes more MAYBE... to water the ladies.

Here they are in all their beautiful glory...errr well OK glory! :thumb:

First up - new lady in the flower room - B45 test batch from Exotic Genetix - got this free with an order of Kimbo Kush

pics_03_1_2016_019.JPG

New girl again ...

pics_03_1_2016_015.JPG

Krystalica Pheno C - new one in the Flower room - she's about 25 days in flower... I forget not long tho. Notice I don't need to defoil down low - the laf falls off naturally with this one. They all do this - I've tried giving them LOTS of N doesn't matter. No insects - even up potted to 10 gal pots all the same. This pot has been no-til for 6 rounds. Time to retire this one and use the pot for autos
I had this one in VEG for 60+ days and she's going to have to be tied up pretty soon she's going to be a good yielder too wow. I've got 3 of her twin sisters in VEG - all same age. Out of those 3 just 1 has this look without flowers. I'm looking for some super keepers to clone.

pics_03_1_2016_020.JPG

Headband - looking frosty with lots o green. Hope to change that to all frosty. I think its going to take a while.

pics_03_1_2016_018.JPG

... and more Headband

pics_03_1_2016_017.JPG

Mandala California Dream getting going

pics_03_1_2016_016.JPG

Krystalica - need about 3 more weeks with this one. Next up will be some Malted Barley Tea - that shortens the flower cycle by about a week and brings out more terpenes and resins = goodness.

pics_03_1_2016_012.JPG

Krystalica another... This girl the main stalk has been supported started after 3 weeks in flower... she's got a heavy main cola. I like to collect those big main colas and let them cure for a few months. That really brings out the flavor profile with a very very nice medication. You have any ailments = gone for 24 hrs. with giggles of course.

pics_03_1_2016_011.JPG

Headband side view.. I'm used to faster growth/flowers.

pics_03_1_2016_010.JPG

Krystalica 2 top girl.. she's got 2 main colas same size and height - usually 1 main and many sides... this one 2 mains and few sides....

pics_03_1_2016_009.JPG

Her ^^^ stall mate... the latest Krystalica in flower

pics_03_1_2016_008.JPG

Cali Dream again side shot - pretty impressive starting to see the 50/50 indica/sativa here. Her shape from X-mas tree to a more slender big bud lady is starting to show. I think I'm starting to see a resemblance to Krystalica - that big big main cola and she's getting more slender at the waist. Looking mighty fine here.

pics_03_1_2016_007.JPG

Veg Room: HSO Chemdog boom... she's starting to take off. Oh yeah I can already see some promise here.

pics_03_1_2016_003.JPG

Can't leave without a shout out to SS - Finally a tall Dark Devil not going to go black this time I don't think... that can change tho.

pics_03_1_2016_002.JPG

Dark Devil auto - I messed up with my camera again.. ??

All the above pics were from last night at lights out. Tonight I did my IPM foiler and just water FTW.

pics_03_1_2016_001.JPG

Beautiful Bo!

That cali dreaming looks awesome. Love the way the Chemdawg is taking off too.

Rabbit berries for the win lol. When you do your malted barley tea what's the recipe? I'd like to stay adding some of those teas to my regimen. Also, have you ever done a comfrey tea?

Krystalica Pheno C - new one in the Flower room - she's about 25 days in flower... I forget not long tho. Notice I don't need to defoil down low - the laf falls off naturally with this one. They all do this - I've tried giving them LOTS of N doesn't matter. No insects - even up potted to 10 gal pots all the same. This pot has been no-til for 6 rounds. Time to retire this one and use the pot for autos
I had this one in VEG for 60+ days and she's going to have to be tied up pretty soon she's going to be a good yielder too wow. I've got 3 of her twin sisters in VEG - all same age. Out of those 3 just 1 has this look without flowers. I'm looking for some super keepers to clone.

pics_03_1_2016_020.JPG

My favorite photo among many great photos this round. :) What a lovely girl. :cheer::high-five::cheer:

Beautiful Bo!

That cali dreaming looks awesome. Love the way the Chemdawg is taking off too.

Rabbit berries for the win lol. When you do your malted barley tea what's the recipe? I'd like to stay adding some of those teas to my regimen. Also, have you ever done a comfrey tea?

Thanks Doc - I'm digging the shape of the buds. I was looking at the Cali girl today after the foiler - she's got some BIG buds forming and they are very frosty. They are all sort of starting to merge into one gigantic flower. She's getting crazy looking.

Funny you're asking about the MB tea... umm I just started a brew about a 1/2 hour ago.

Basic recipe is:
1 oz malted barley ground very fine
1 handful of worm castings
4 gallons filtered water

bubble for 24 or so hrs - don't bubble too long, say >30 hrs or you'll end up with a funky beer which will kill plants.

This works really well. Only need to do this one say 2-3 times in flower. You should see and improvement in flavor profile and shortened flower time. I know the shortening of flower time works and is why I'm doing this tea now with those few indica dom plants I've got going. I'm not that patient for a 100 day flower cycle.

On the Comfrey Tea - yes we have a bunch of Comfrey in the outdoor gardens along with Cardoon - they are both nitrogen fixers with big big biomass. Last fall we made a few Comfrey teas, but mostly I use the comfrey in our compost bins for the worms. Worm castings are in all my teas now.

I prefer to make worm casting tea with rabbit berries FTW... at least lately. I'll be doing SST teas here again too.

Outdoor gardening I get to make teas all the time, and I'll get the microbulator going non-stop say in about 2 weeks from now outdoors. Compost and malted seed teas (I also make Malted Corn tea and malted buckwheat tea as well), and of course I like to make canna tea for me!! My wife got me going on tea, she doesn't do anything unless she's had at least 2 cups of proper tea.

Yeah so making teas for the plants is one of my favorite things to do gardening. Crazy huh.. I do the soil building and my wife does all the fiddling with seeds and pruning and general main-tain, I just really like to grow microbes and mix soil and watch the magic happen. Thats my thing.

My favorite photo among many great photos this round. :) What a lovely girl. :cheer::high-five::cheer:

Thanks Rad - yea she looks mighty fine .. only lasts a few days tho and then she gets all shabby chic looking, needing a lot of maintenance to keep the looks going. Sorry girl ... I like the AuNatural look, so its hairy armpits and un-shaven legs for you girl! You can thank all my hippy friends for showing me the way! Boom.. I'm still working on my wife ... I give up. Wow that was fast, eh?

She does have a lot of frost and she's pretty early in flower - I've got another twin of her in VEG! woohoo That will change here shortly, it's time to harvest another.

Frosty nugs post:

Cali Dream

pics_03_4_2016_014.JPG

Cali Dream

pics_03_4_2016_013.JPG

Krystalica - Cali Dream back right corner

pics_03_4_2016_006.JPG

Headband .. whatever.. cant see much here

pics_03_4_2016_008.JPG

Headband another pic

pics_03_4_2016_007.JPG

New girl -B45 Test from Exotic Genetix - 3rd day in flower

pics_03_4_2016_005.JPG

Cali Dream close up - she's still looking pretty and pretty frosty oh yeah! I'll post this pic on the "eye candy" thread.

pics_03_4_2016_004.JPG

Lower down bud Cali Dream

pics_03_4_2016_003.JPG

This one's for you Rad - Krystalica bud city here! Woohoo

pics_03_1_2016_020.JPG

One last pic of Cali Dream.. I'm in love with this one! On the road to serious dank with this lady...looks cheesy

pics_03_1_2016_016.JPG

Thanks Doc - I'm digging the shape of the buds. I was looking at the Cali girl today after the foiler - she's got some BIG buds forming and they are very frosty. They are all sort of starting to merge into one gigantic flower. She's getting crazy looking.

Funny you're asking about the MB tea... umm I just started a brew about a 1/2 hour ago.

Basic recipe is:
1 oz malted barley ground very fine
1 handful of worm castings
4 gallons filtered water

bubble for 24 or so hrs - don't bubble too long, say >30 hrs or you'll end up with a funky beer which will kill plants.

This works really well. Only need to do this one say 2-3 times in flower. You should see and improvement in flavor profile and shortened flower time. I know the shortening of flower time works and is why I'm doing this tea now with those few indica dom plants I've got going. I'm not that patient for a 100 day flower cycle.

On the Comfrey Tea - yes we have a bunch of Comfrey in the outdoor gardens along with Cardoon - they are both nitrogen fixers with big big biomass. Last fall we made a few Comfrey teas, but mostly I use the comfrey in our compost bins for the worms. Worm castings are in all my teas now.

I prefer to make worm casting tea with rabbit berries FTW... at least lately. I'll be doing SST teas here again too.

Outdoor gardening I get to make teas all the time, and I'll get the microbulator going non-stop say in about 2 weeks from now outdoors. Compost and malted seed teas (I also make Malted Corn tea and malted buckwheat tea as well), and of course I like to make canna tea for me!! My wife got me going on tea, she doesn't do anything unless she's had at least 2 cups of proper tea.

Yeah so making teas for the plants is one of my favorite things to do gardening. Crazy huh.. I do the soil building and my wife does all the fiddling with seeds and pruning and general main-tain, I just really like to grow microbes and mix soil and watch the magic happen. Thats my thing.

Thank you my friend! I'm a big worm poop guy too. Vermicompost is probably 85% of everything I use throughout the life of the plant. I do want to experiment though and some of these herbal teas you and Conradino use just make sense. What does your IPM consist of? I've never spayed, I just treat the soil. I'm learning much from you brother Bo! :thanks::circle-of-love:

Whoa! That cali dreaming is looking fat. Reminded me of skunk#1 (which is highly underrated). Half the time I think folks just find a good lady skunk and hit it with their select male and name it something lol. I'm sure mandala does it right though. That is one proper genetic!

Cali Dream is spectacular.

I need to grow more plants with that gorgeous shape. The only columnar, leaves-on-long-stalks-sticking-straight-out-from-buds strain I have is Northern Lights. I think of that shape as a sativa shape - but the genetics of Cali Dream and Krystallica appear indica/sativa balanced - hmmmm

Hey thanks everybody... My wife named Cali Dream "Frosty Queen". My wife is even impressed which is saying something.. she usually just looks and yawns...

I just gave all the girls and ladies another round of Malted Barley Tea and the leftovers I gave to some berry bushes still hibernating outside.

Doc wrote said:
What does your IPM consist of? I've never spayed, I just treat the soil.

IPM = 1 gal RO water - to that I add 1/2 tbs Monterey Garden Insect Spray (spinosad), 1 tsp Pro-tekt , 20ml Fulpower.
Thats the basic IPM.

I usually make a tea with Kelp meal and Neem cake meal but I steer clear of that after 30 days in flower unless I have an issue. I spray all the plants VEG and flower... everyone gets a bath 2X a week, I do not skip, I spray the girls and the soil drench em - all plants in the house - I do not care what they are they all get a bath.

I found a spider mite infestation on a plant we brought in from the outside last fall.. I won't let plants in the house anymore unless they get this ^^^ IPM first.

Rad posted said:
Cali Dream is spectacular.

thank you thank you very much :passitleft:

Rad posted said:
I need to grow more plants with that gorgeous shape. The only columnar, leaves-on-long-stalks-sticking-straight-out-from-buds strain I have is Northern Lights. I think of that shape as a sativa shape - but the genetics of Cali Dream and Krystallica appear indica/sativa balanced - hmmmm

The Cali Dream is I think 50/50 hybrid - the Krystalica Pheno I've been running is more sativa dominant and has a HUGE medicinal effect. My lips and hands are numb after breaking a bud apart... vape it then my tongue goes numb and then my whole body with giggles and any pain/soreness is total history, but I sometimes have trouble sleeping or wake up WAY early.

I like to mix in some GDP with the Krystalica, that's my non-work night med mix. :thumb:

brightlight wrote said:
Beautiful pics of excellent plants. Nicely done. :Namaste:

Thanks BL - harvest time is coming soon for about half the flower room - more fun to come, I've got a HUGE Krystalica in VEG and a project with Krystalica Pheno C that produced seed and some HS Chemdog that is looking mighty fine ... more to come.

Cheers

Awesome brother Bo!

Thanks again for the info and keep fighting the good fight my friend.

Yeh u right - whats poppin Doc?? I've been wondering what you are thinking about growing next.

I'm growing now like there's no tomorrow. I'm leaning towards taking the summer off. It gets WAY WAY too hot and humid here. I can run AC no problem but I go out of country to Canna-da for my summers - cottage 420 an all so I'm thinking of timing it so I can veg some clones while on vacation and not have to stress.

Hi Bo,

I just hit the Submit Order button on the three OC products you use for foliar IPM. Since I started incorporating Neem Cake, Mosquito Dunks and DE to my LOS, I haven't seen a bug , but I don't ever want the Borg (spider mites) back in my growing spaces :high-five:.

I'm growing some clones from my last grow ATM and I picked up a clone of White Russian from my buddy a few days ago (currently in quarantine). I'm going to start a journal on the WR as soon as it gets out of the hospital lol! I know it's the real deal because I gave him the seeds. It's a fem from Serious Seeds.

After this grow I'm taking down the tent and I'll be pheno hunting a pack of RD 501st OG. I'll be going back to my 2x3x7 cabinet for while. Hopefully I'll be able to raise the tent again next year :thumb:.

Thanks again for all the knowledge bombs you drop regularly!:thanks:

Ok today I got a nice package in the mail from ... China?? WTF... ah well it was sent express so I got this new lamp in 7 days all the way from Schenzhen, not bad not bad at all. Here's my new lamp... it's kinda heavy similar to my 1200 MarsII lamp. I'm going to have to hang it from the rafters literally.. don't need any lamps falling all over me ladies! :Namaste: This is a Mars Pro Cree 250 without all the software gizmos... just veg and flower switches = good nuff for lazy me! Hopefully FTW!

pics_03_8_2016_006.JPG

This one is pretty big should do 1/2 of my flower room .. set up is scheduled for Friday am, pic to come.

pics_03_8_2016_005.JPG

Might as well share a few pics of the ladies while I'm at it eh?

This one I'm calling "Rad's girl"... I've got 3 more in veg just like her. She's bulking up the buds .. going to get interesting here shortly. This one is going to be a big yielder. She's surrounded by her twin clone sisters getting close to chop time

pics_03_8_2016_008.JPG

Here's some purple bud - Dark Devil Auto, I decided to try one in 12ish/12ish lighting to see if she would stretch a little more - she's getting along very nicely. Taking longer than my usual 20/4 auto tho. Maybe a good thing!

pics_03_8_2016_010.JPG

Krystalica - coming down the stretch... crappy pic sorry .. good colas tho! :thumb:

pics_03_8_2016_018.JPG

Headband

pics_03_8_2016_013.JPG

Headband again

pics_03_8_2016_012.JPG

And agian... forgot got take pics of a few other girls ... more to come.

Tonight I did not water any ladies in flower - all the pots when tilted seem to be fine. Tomorrow they will be very thirsty and I will do my IPM thing and water in.

pics_03_8_2016_011.JPG

Back
Top Bottom