Cottage 420's Organic Perpetual Indoor Garden

Thanks a bunch for the kind words Rad! Our VEG room is finally thinning out some, down to 1/2 the plants I started out with back in December. I harvested a handful of ladies and put more in flower. I'm getting like 3 zips a plant sometimes a little less. I'm trying more VEG time to see if that gets me more yield.

Tonight I took some proper pics of the new lamp. Maybe this will help a little in the yield department. Pretty much my yields went down after switching to Mars Reflectors, but quality went up so I'm not really complaining. I would prefer yields to go up along with quality.

pics_03_25_2016_002.JPG

pics_03_25_2016_001.JPG

Mini report with pics:

Chemdawggy after her IPM shower - normal IPM deal with added pure coconut water & aloe - all the ladies got that.

pics_03_25_2016_010.JPG

Cali Dream lower bud pic

pics_03_25_2016_011.JPG

B-45 test strain from Elev8

pics_03_25_2016_006.JPG

Twin cola girl - ready for harvest any day now.

pics_03_25_2016_008.JPG

This is an auto strain I'm testing in 11ish/13ish lighting - Auto Dark Devil. I want to see if changing lighting makes any difference. I'm seeing lighter less dense nugs for now anyways.... we will see after harvest, which is taking longer in less light. Go figure .....

pics_03_25_2016_004.JPG

foxtail auto in 20/4 lighting about ready for the chop. I didn't notice the x-tra ahem ahem... cough.. spit... hairs there.... WOW yuk.

pics_03_23_2016_013.JPG

pics_03_23_2016_012.JPG

Hey brother Bo,

Just got back in town and made my first stop your yard lol. Love all of it. All caught up and looking forward to the next couple weeks. Lots of action going on in the cottage :).

Chemdawg is very intriguing. The rest of the bunch are rocking the house as well. Great job as usual. My ladies are loving the IPM foliar recipe. I've got my recycled soil recipe down now and their isn't a plant in world that wouldn't thrive in it. Do you recycle your soil?

Glad to be home my friend! :high-five:

Great pics as always. Like your new light too....how do you like it or too soon to tell?:Namaste:

Hey there Britelight - I love the new lamp. It's running pretty cool I had to turn off one of my Reflector 144's ... I don't know if its the lamp but I had just replaced a power supply for the fans and every am when the timer kicked on my power strip with timer (its pretty heavy duty) was tripping. Turned off that one lamp and I've not had any more issues. I do like this new Mars Cree 256 very much.

I've got a plant coming down the stretch and a new one in flower. The new young lady is covered in blooms already after 4 days. Do yeah that really makes me happy. I harvested 2 plants last week that got to get a week or so from this lamp and wow trimming I was completely bonkered, I even smoked a joint of that same weed (cured) I couldn't really feel it. Just from contacting the plant and smelling the resins I got medicated beyond my normal. Maybe too soon to tell but I may just get another one. I got the Cree 256 without any bells and whistles. Yeah working good its got an easy 4x4+ footprint as advertised.

Doc said:
Hey brother Bo,

Just got back in town and made my first stop your yard lol. Love all of it. All caught up and looking forward to the next couple weeks. Lots of action going on in the cottage .

Chemdawg is very intriguing. The rest of the bunch are rocking the house as well. Great job as usual. My ladies are loving the IPM foliar recipe. I've got my recycled soil recipe down now and their isn't a plant in world that wouldn't thrive in it. Do you recycle your soil?

Glad to be home my friend!

Hey Doc - welcome back home there buddy. Hope your travels brought you wealth, health, and much happiness. :Namaste:

I used to travel a lot for work. Walking in the front door coming home was always my favorite part of the trip!

Were you sniffing to see if you could smell your ladies when you walked in??

Yes we recycle soil. I'm in no-tills but I've been moving slowly up to 7 & 10 gal containers. I think 10gal is my max they get pretty heavy to move around. I like to clean the flower room every once in a while so moving 10gal pots with 3' of ladies = not that easy. Yeah so I go no-till and then when I'm changing out the 5gal that I've ran say 10 runs in ... that soil is pretty well done IMHO - yields go down and flower time goes longer so I dump the old soil in a tote and use it for seedlings for the outdoor gardens. We're going good, got lots of flowers and veggie seedlings. My wife is kicking my ass again in the seedling department but I got her in the flower department... hahaha

Good to see your IPM regime is working for you. I sometimes kick it up with some neem cake meal with kelp meal make a tea, strain and mix in a 1/4 cup with that regular recipe specially early in flower. Take it light tho on the clones/seedlings tho unless you see critters.

That IPM really makes life easy in the indoor gardens. It's going to help big time later when those out door critters hop on you and hitch a ride into the garden. <-- Yeah that's something I get paranoid about....

A little update from the other day:

This is one of the young ladies just put into flower a few days ago - already has flowers and she's partly under the Cree 256 lamp - she's got a twin sister to her left there both put into flower at the same time and they are both flowering already - 4 days I think it took. So good results there. This one if from a seed I found trimming Rad Girls mom. Most likely this will be one of my clone sources for next round.

pics_03_29_2016_012.JPG

There on the left in the back is the other Krystalica I put into flower from a long VEG - she was starting to loose a lot of leaves in VEG. Now she's much happier. She's greening back up and the buds are here.
This is Rad's girls twin sister - Rad Girl in the front center - her sister in the back left. She should start to look just like Rad's Girl in a few weeks. They start out raggedy looking and turn into beautiful stinky sticky ladies.

pics_03_29_2016_006.JPG

Rad's Girl - This buds for you buddy! :high-five: FTMFW
Headband there back left .... she's a freaking fatty girl!

pics_03_29_2016_007.JPG

Headband close up... senesence starting on the old top fan leaves! She's making fatter buds ... Maybe I should get a male in the room again....get these ladies perky.

pics_03_29_2016_009.JPG

B45 test strain from Elev8 seeds a freebee - I like to test grow.

pics_03_29_2016_005.JPG

Cali Dream - she's pretty frosty but she slowed down .... I'm thinking about what to do with her. She's not done yet but I want to let her finish and get rid of a lot of that green leafy stuff, man I hate trimming. Probably why I like Sativa doms more.

pics_03_29_2016_004.JPG

Cali Dream again.. she's stacked up nicely.. soon the big fans will go and reveal some huge buds. They're there just hard to see thru all that green...

pics_03_29_2016_003.JPG

I think the star of the show here for me - Chemdawg.. I'm starting to see what the fuss was about. She's just 110% loving life and she's been like that from a seedling. This one I'm going to clone.

pics_03_29_2016_002.JPG

Chemdawg side shot - she's branching out and in stretch, She's taking her sweet ol time with the flowers. She's teasing me, usually I see flowers by now. I think she's just getting started no preflowers yet just more branching a taller growth. This is when I like to add a little N to my foiler IPM (kelp meal tea).

pics_03_29_2016_001.JPG

Chemdawg - close up

pics_03_29_2016_014.JPG

Rad's Girl - she's soo freaking pretty I wish all my ladies looked like this.

pics_03_29_2016_015.JPG

Last but not least - an auto I have in the VEG room. She's all freaky looking.. I'm afraid to harvest. She's well different. Spotty leaves ... she has no issues with the soil, just some weird expression of growth that looks like she's got issues. If she had issues the buds wouldn't keep going well after her expected harvest time.

Spotted Foxy... in her glory! Yeah u right!

Cheers and keep it green and purple

pics_03_29_2016_016.JPG

Hey brother Bo!

That Chemdawg is looking stellar. I'd love to grow her. I can't thank you enough for all the knowledge nuggets you drop every post. Word! I gave my rooting clones a full on IPM drench (that was before you told me to dilute it lol). They all rooted ok. Next time I'll use a lighter hand.

Rads girl is phenominal. She's actually bending over from her own weight. Please take a pic of her in natural light before the chop. I can only imagine all the color.

Have you ever grown any Ace strains? He seems to be aligned with Mandala.

Keep on keepin on my friend.

Hey Doc - thanks bro for the good vibes. Funny you mentioned Ace - all that pretty bud in the Eye-candy thread, I had to run on over to Ace seeds and bought a bunch of their goodies. I don't know which one to run next here's my list:

Bangi Haze Feminized

Peyote Purple Standard

Purple Haze x Malawi Feminized

Panama Haze Feminized

Haze x Kali China Feminized Freebie

Hey Doc pick one for me please? I'll call her "Doc's Pic"! :thumb: I have no idea why I picked those seeds .... I must have been a bit o haze when I went thru the catalog and picked them.

I know that Mandala is now in Spain selling a bunch of seeds that's where I got the HSO Chemdawg. I've been extremely happy with every seed I've ever planted from Mandala either theirs or other seed companies. Everything 100% fresh and over the top healthy.

My last 3 seed purchases were Mandala - ACE - Mandala (other seed company seeds).

I prefer to clone, popping seeds is more work and we know I try and avoid work whenever possible. haha I just haven't felt the cloning thing this round so I started popping seeds to keep fresh on my skills and all! Last batch of seeds I went 4 for 4 and 3 died after transplant! Go figure.. Those were AUTO tho so I never know what to expect with those and really have no expectation.

I was squeezing Headbands buds tonight - they are rocks ... I'm not up to snuff with Indica - should I be looking at trichomes, those nugs that tight and hard, they may be finished!?? I'm hoping not cause there's a lot of leaf left to trim. I need to learn how the Indica plants grow. Why I'm trying a few - Headband related to Chemdawg and I'm sure Cali Dream has some of that in her as well. They all kinda and growing very similar. I know they are all hybrids with more Indica than I'm used to.

I'm used the Krystalica - they loose all the fans, they mostly all fall off for the most part and at harvest the only trim is tips of sugar leaves. So yeah easy but still .... man I get buzzed off my rocker trimming those ladies.

Howdy Bo, I'm picking Panama haze! Dr ziggs says Panama is his favorite plant to grow and smoke, and he's grown a shed load of genetics. All them girls are looking phenominal. That rads girl is an impressive genetic. Not many plants on 420 that grow like that one. Hoping your weekend is full of life and activity brother!

Hey B
I really think you will do well with the Ace selections. Should fit your grow well. I know Malawi gets reported as very strong and sounds yummy.
"Aroma of blackberry liquour, red wine, spices, incense and wood, with citric touches.Oily and fermented background."

I don't think you can go wrong with a nice Panama.
From what I found the Panama Haze is a Purple Haze and Green Haze x Panama. it gets the very strong stuff report as well. They have some Canna.binoid lab reports floating about saw some on that F-book place. The Haze selections look solid.

Howdy Bo, I'm picking Panama haze! Dr ziggs says Panama is his favorite plant to grow and smoke, and he's grown a shed load of genetics. All them girls are looking phenominal. That rads girl is an impressive genetic. Not many plants on 420 that grow like that one. Hoping your weekend is full of life and activity brother!

Thanks Doc ... been busy lately ... gotta get back to 420mag more often. The other night I spent 2 hrs looking at the eye candy thread! Wow... Rads girl is a clone of clones from a Krystalica pheno I picked a few years back. It's my go to... you can see Rads Girl as an example that I let go longer in VEG than I usually do due to space constraints (good to have that problem :thumb: grow em while I got em right?). Anywho.. yeah VEGed a bit longer and that was the result. I've got 3 more just like that one now in flower and they are looking more and more just the same.. I'm digging that for sure.

Rad said:
and . . .

Is that a Dark devil Auto in the lower left?

You have a keen eye there Rad - yes it is.. I'm always messing with autos and fill them in where I can. This one was experimenting with 12/12 lighting schedule to see what happens. I think they just take longer to finish similar to photo period plants given the same lighting but they can go 20/4 and finish a lot faster.

Many thanks for the kind words too for sure. Everyone's kind words encourage me to step up and try and keep up. My hope is we all make each other better gardeners.

Oh hey Rad thought of you and your family, we are going to see some Buddhist Monks tomorrow night play some music to celebrate a week of making sand paintings called ..... wait for it.... Mandala! :Namaste: I thought you might like that... I'll get some pics of that. They say those monks can get pretty irritating if they like you!! hahaha... should be an interesting evening.

Here's a better pic of that DD lady - she's not sure if she wants to stop or keep going. If she wants to keep going I may pollinate her!

pics_04_06_2016_001.JPG

I'm gonna do another update here it's been a while - got caught up on the Eye Candy thread, drooled all over everything and made a mess!

Ok here's the new star of the flower tent - HSO Chemdawg - she's finally showing me some love and I hope done stretching... prolly not tho.

Finally flowers... lets get some sparkle. :cheer:

pics_04_06_2016_010.JPG

Chemdawg.. a little taller than the rest - she wants more light.

pics_04_06_2016_009.JPG

Rad Girl... she's bulking up right now and wow she's staked and tied up at the main stem under all of that and still leaning. That's a going to be some goodn's. She's still throwing out more white pistols. I'm going to pollinate one of those buds tomorrow.

pics_04_06_2016_012.JPG

B45 test run - starting to get frosty

pics_04_06_2016_008.JPG

B45

pics_04_06_2016_007.JPG

Cali Dream ... Not much change cept some senescence, maybe she's done or close.

pics_04_06_2016_006.JPG

Rad's Girl twin sister just getting started - same deal as RG - 4 days in the flower room and she's covered in white .. take clones take clones take some more clones. My wife is hogging up the cloner.

pics_04_06_2016_004.JPG

Rad Girls other twin sister - nothing but white FTW. Hey letting them go longer in VEG is turning into a good thing!

pics_04_06_2016_005.JPG

Gnarly auto... she's in 20/4 and I thought she was done 2 weeks ago but still drinking water and putting out some fox tails. This one will be interesting .... I hope I don't get a head ache! hahaha

pics_04_06_2016_019.JPG

Gnarly girls sister Auto

pics_04_06_2016_018.JPG

Head Band... she slowed WAY down..not sure why??

pics_04_06_2016_003.JPG

Sticky Berry auto smelling up my house I really like the smell of this one. Had to move her to a more stealthy spot for the stink. sheesh!

pics_04_06_2016_017.JPG

Wow Bo, you're going to be one busy dude here quickly. I recently started drying before trimming and popping the dried untrimmed buds into gigantic C-Vaults. Then I can trim as little or as much as I want whenever I want.

Rads girl is really blowing my mind. You might need a chain saw when you cut her down lol. Have you seen any natural worm castings yet on your outdoor excursions?

Wow Bo, you're going to be one busy dude here quickly. I recently started drying before trimming and popping the dried untrimmed buds into gigantic C-Vaults. Then I can trim as little or as much as I want whenever I want.

Rads girl is really blowing my mind. You might need a chain saw when you cut her down lol. Have you seen any natural worm castings yet on your outdoor excursions?

Hey there Doc - thanks Rads Girl is going to take all my trimming skills then I'll have to take a nap :grinjoint:

I'm coming down the back stretch with a few large ladies - I guess about half of them will be harvested in the next few weeks. I try and do one at a time so I don't have to blow a whole day trimming. I almost had my wife help me, she sat next to me to "learn" took about 2 minutes of that and well her attention span isn't there yet, but I'm working on her.

Yes the worms are out in full force. My worm bin is absolutely yucky full, woah. Actually a little scary in there. Looks like food scraps until I turn some over....yooooooo step back! In the woods they are around and starting to see signs for sure. The worms in the woods are the night crawlers and they take a bit more time to get going than the red wigglers. Should be a few more weeks, we start to see all the leaves from last year just disappear... where did they go = worm food. If you go to the same trails and watch for them you will start to see little bare patches on the forest floor, thats the worms eating around their holes, the hole will fill up with castings and then the worms will start ejecting the castings to get out for more food. The you see little piles of castings - we can see that now. I like to wait until I can pick them up with a scoop.

Rad said:
I'm liking HSO genetics more and more. You are growing sweet this spring.

Yeah buddy me too.... I just bought a bunch more seeds yesterday. I wish I could purchase direct form HSO but they don't ship to USA for some reason.

Humboldt Seed Organisation Black D.O.G <--- ding

I'm almost out of all my Autos. For some strange reason mice LOVE the auto seeds. When I put them in rooting plugs to germinate I had a few mice go to town... ate up about $100 worth of seeds -- they run right past the regulars and never touch them.

Warming Graphic ending to mice about to happen:
My lovely wife wont let me trap the mice so I rolled a few pieces of popcorn in some Neem Cake Meal.. mice ate popcorn with neem, Problem solved, just like that they run back to where ever they run to and I never see them again - FTMFW. Yay me! Somehow my wife is ok with that?? :popcorn::rofl::hmmmm:

Dutch Passion AutoMazar Feminised Automatic Seeds

Sweet Dark Devil Auto Autoflowering Feminised Seeds

Dutch Passion Frisian Dew Feminised Seeds

Awesome Bo, going to take a Walk tomorrow and see what I can find. I'm hoping I'll be able to get a gallon or so. I used some of the red algae that Conradino was talking about and my plants all put on a coat of wax seemingly overnight. What do you think we can source here in the US that has a similar makeup? It's the calcium that makes the Hi brix possible. Now that I've got a good handle on organics, I'm ready to take the next step. But I will not buy the kit. Those guys pay an are arm and a leg for that. I read on one post is close to a hundred bucks for one round. Mine coats about 5 lol at least now that i'm recycling soil. My original 60 gallons wad a little over a hundred but sheesh that seems way out of whack to me. Plus I wouldn't learn anything buying a kit.

OK, we are going separate ways. Thanks for your input. Not really interested in arguing. I see many arguments about this and I could care less. Thank you.

OK, we are going separate ways. Thanks for your input. Not really interested in arguing. I see many arguments about this and I could care less. Thank you.

Hey 360, sorry about that. I just try to avoid controversy. high brix soil is organic and worms thrive in it. EWC is a main ingredient. It's just more of a scientific approach to what we're already doing. I apologize for my haste.

I don't think "the kit" or brix is a step up. Cannabis isn't a fruit, and a well made soil with or without the additions of different topdressing/watering does the same and better.

My pots always have worms going up and down left and right in and out, everything above or under the pot is castings and full of worms.

How do you feed those worms once they are in the pots?

I'm getting like 3 zips a plant sometimes a little less. I'm trying more VEG time to see if that gets me more yield.

This is an auto strain I'm testing in 11ish/13ish lighting - Auto Dark Devil. I want to see if changing lighting makes any difference. I'm seeing lighter less dense nugs for now anyways.... we will see after harvest, which is taking longer in less light. Go figure .....

pics_03_25_2016_004.JPG

foxtail auto in 20/4 lighting about ready for the chop. I didn't notice the x-tra ahem ahem... cough.. spit... hairs there.... WOW yuk.

pics_03_23_2016_013.JPG

pics_03_23_2016_012.JPG

When I ran my last grow I was down to 10/14 by the end, and my Dark Devil Autos went almost 90 days before they were ready for harvest. Weird, huh? BB, I'd be thrilled to get 3 ounces off one of my DDAs, but I'm shooting for more than that too. Kraise left a casual smoke report on his recent harvest that'll give you a chuckle. It's on the community thread.

Your garden convinces me to stick with my soil. Not that I consider walking away from such a gold-standard recipe, but you and 36 always shore up my resolve.

I'd never thought of adding the coconut water/aloe mix to a foliar, but then I've just started to consider playing with foliars. Having mine on SWICK reservoirs makes this a sloppier process if I remove them for foliars, and the 2x2 tents are mighty cramped, so to do it right they need to be removed.

You keep putting the bug in my ear BB. Sooner or later you and 36 are going to turn me into the cultivator I should be.

36, I keep telling them the produce I get from my LOS pots is comparable to what the kit puts out, and I suspect that I'm getting a different level of terpenes and flavinoids from each soil. If I can work it out to get into a legal state I can get some testing done and settle that once and for all. Until then I'll run both. Doc once told me that he's not interested in worm farming. When he made that statement it struck me that they see the soil as a single use tool, where we see our soil as a community, evolved to grow plants. It's such a disparity in mindset.

Thank you both for being my inspiration. I know I'm slow getting there, but I'm making steady progress, mostly because of you two. :circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom