Cottage 420's Organic Perpetual Indoor Garden

I'm seriously thinking no one read my thread lol. I will not be using "the kit". High brix soil is LOS. It's comprised of the same ingredients that we already use but is based on scientific data to get the inputs just right to grow plants with brix numbers above 12. It's unfortunate this argument exists. I've been growing in my homemade Organic Living Soil for years. I'll never go back. The fact is, most of us are already producing high brix plants, so you can thank high brix soil for all those extra terps that other high brix gardeners don't get lol. No disrespect intended as I know most of "the kit" guys have no idea what they're doing. They are just following someone else's work. I've seen them gang up on great organic gardeners including myself and its very unfortunate. They've created controversy due to their lack of knowledge and know it all attitudes where there really shouldn't be any.

Now I'm being singled out just for mentioning the words high brix lol. I consider my self a master organic gardener and I've done more research than most. Most of the organic folks I see here are just repeating what others have done before them. High brix gardening is the ultimate symbiotic relationship between your plant and the eco system you create for it to thrive in. I'm a firm believer in foliar feeding and have been doing it for years. Now I'm ready to take the next step and tailor that feeding to my plants specific needs. I'm not going to be buying someone else's system, I'm creating my own. I have no idea if its going to be a superior product than what we already are creating, but I'm willing to do the work to find out. For that I would think folks here in our community would be open minded and supportive. Maybe not though. By the way the #1 catalyst for high brix soil is EWC lol.

Sorry for ruining your thread Bo! :Namaste:

Bold, honest, true & well stated my friend. I follow certain high level growers who happen to be HB's, but the hubris & HB or the highway attitude exhibited by a significant number of other HB's is apparent. Good for them to find a system that works w/o always knowing what or why, but the less experienced ones would benefit by controlling their pomposity & zealous belief in the system. Upper echelon growers know that experience is by far the greatest teacher & system.
:Namaste:

Thank you DrCannabi for stating that. It's something I've been feeling too as I quietly read.

After growing in RDWC for a few years I got tired and bored with the 'recipes for success'. No disrespect intended here either. But if you can't read the plant, best off following a recipe or kit. Which is why I have so many different things going on, nearly all of them a little different. I know I'm not going to lose a plant, well, not likely anyways. But I enjoy being more loose and free style with the organics (I truly hate using that word). It's like shooting deer in a cage. No sport.

That being said I DO have some fertilizer blend recipes I'm working out and trying out different ratios. And I totally ripped BB14's IPM recipe.

I totally get where you are coming from with some of the attitudes though. Some things I've read were down right arrogant, and wrong.

Hey Bo, sorry for stinking up one of my favorite journals.

:sorry:

No worries - I love conversation specially about growing organically. Here's my input on the topic:

Worm bin going strong from last year... that's 165 GALLONS of worms and castings.

pics_04_11_2016_005.JPG

equals this FTW! Cali Dream on the left and Headband on the right - just cut em down about 30 minutes ago. I felt like a hunter coming back from the hunt with the harvest in hand. Providing for the family. Worms do all my heavy lifting... these were only a few #s ! hahaha

pics_04_11_2016_024.JPG

Hey Bo! The constant gentleman. Those ladies turned out absolutely stunning. Can't wait for the smoke reports. Headband looks like it turned it on in the last couple weeks. I LOVE your worm bin.

Unfortunately the Mrs wont let me start one. She had a bad experience as a child (Think uncle making her eat a worm) and she's sworn to kill me if I start one lol! It's a bummer but I've learned to pick and choose my battles. I'd rather stay alive so I can grow more buds lol!

You'll be happy to know I'm putting 5 girls in the flower tent next weekend all Natural. Plan it no topping, and no defoling. Pray for me because my scissors are getting a little upset hehehe! :love:

Yeah hey y'all thanks for the little banter in this little corner of 420. Everyone has their own way of doing stuff me included.

I try and use science = biology, physics and chemistry to help me with decisions on soil building. That and many years of just doing it; organics for the win.

I'm not going to win any yield contests or cannabis cups but what we grow in the BB420 flower room is pretty fantastic at least for me. The longer I go No-til the better the buds get... and then they taper off and I start over with a new batch of LOS soil.

For me; it's all about having fun growing stuff... indoors and out.

Hey Doc - I got me some of that red algae.. for cat intestinal whatever... kinda crazy the labeling on that and the price.. ouch. Ah well what I've done with it is mix a few tbs into my water and water in.... plants didn't die and they actually are kicking it up a bit.

I know squat about High Brix - well I understand the principals and know what it is... I don't have the patience for all that work. I prefer to kick back with some tunes and take a puff or 3.Celebrate a job well done. :ganjamon:

Lets get a little party started:

UPDATE

Starting off with the goodies... Rad's Girl - she's way down the back stretch.. I've been watering in some aloe and coconut water (all the girls get it). I find at the end of the cycle this helps the ladies throw out some more fresh pistols and the calyx swell a little, one last ditch effort ... go girl go!! :cheer: She's a leaner.. gotta love that, it's aways good when the buds are soo heavy they won't stand up straight.

pics_04_11_2016_015.JPG

Here's some Auto eye candy... this one is some Berry Auto.. stinking up my house for a plant that's like 12" tall she better taste as good as she smells! Stink Berry Auto - she sure is pretty the pics don't show it.

pics_04_11_2016_009.JPG

Here's another Auto.. she went off the reservation for a while.. all spotted leaves crazy looking fox tails. I've got her in 20/4 and she's been in that for like 70+ days and still throwing out pistols and swelling... Totally Nuts Auto

pics_04_11_2016_011.JPG

Totally Nuts Auto.. still going.

pics_04_06_2016_019.JPG

Another pic of the Stinky Berry Auto.. normalized lighting ... I think she's the prettiest canna plant I've ever grown and the smell... wow. I can smell her outside in our garden and walking down our sidewalk. That's not good. She's getting close to harvest I've got my sheers warmed up n ready.

pics_04_06_2016_017.JPG

Chemdawg in stretch.. she's really really reaching out for the light, I've never seen a plant reach like this ...I think this one is going to be special. May be time to raise the roof (lighting).

pics_04_11_2016_020.JPG

Here's the B45 test strain from Elev8 - I reached out to the breeders and they said they "think" its Blackberry Dream BBD - I will do some more research. This one looks a lot like the Krystalica I've been running; say 70% sativa and 30% Indica but ... hey I love me some berry bushes!

pics_04_11_2016_019.JPG

Last pic of California Dream 2 minutes before chop if that. She's a hanger now...once chopped they are still alive! I do not defoliate until dried. I'll try and see if I can get pics of the chopped plant throwing out more pistols - the ladies do it every time.

pics_04_11_2016_018.JPG

Rad's Girls twin sister .. in flower 7 days or so.

pics_04_11_2016_017.JPG

Rad's Girls sister close up ... she's going to be "special" too! Genetics FTW

pics_04_11_2016_023.JPG

Fluffy White = Rad's Girls twin sister.. yummmmy... can we smoke this? Ok.. must be patient must be patient.

pics_04_11_2016_022.JPG

Hey Bo, Rads girl just keeps pouring it on! All the plants look phenominal my friend. I also bought some of that red algae lol. Mine was for dogs and cats intestinal issues too lol. I got it about 16 oz for 15 bucks on amazon. Out of control. I sent an Italian Co an email because I don't read Italian, they never responded so apparently they don't read English hehe. I ended up buying some calcium carbonate from crushed limestone on scamazon. 10 lbs for 15 bucks.

Going to start messing with it all soon, so well see if it's any better than what we're already doing. I'm always learning and never mind being the guinea pig lol. My goal will be high brix above 12 (which I suspect we are already). I'm not going to fuss much over it, I'm not that kind of guy. Just going to add some inputs based on some of the reading I've been doing and change up the foliar routine a bit. Not much different from what I'm already doing.

I have a friend who does his own worms and castings. He claims to feed them only organic inputs and says he can supply me 5 gallons a month. That's twice as much as I need, so I'm going to go for it. Beats the bagged stuff. My hands are tied for a worm farm here but I've been using castings religiously since going organic.

Stay tuned brother Bo!

For the red algae I've got a friend that not only reads and speaks Italian she is living there too. I'm going to contact her, she's a friend and my bosses daughter I've known her since she was a teenager. I'll get her point us in the right direction. I've top dressed that red algae in last night and my plants are still alive... actually Rad's Girl whom I thought was finished or very close just put out a whole new set of white pistols today after the watering in... that's pretty cool cept for the fact I'm going to have to finally tie up the tops and set up some support.

36 said:
Rads Girl looks great! You can tell she is leaning from weight from nice thick buds, I bet the stems are strong on that one.

She's a leaner for sure and she's not done... I don't track days in flower much any more (I should) cause I can tell by the looks of the buds and water uptake when they are finished. This one was the only pot tonight that was pretty light so she's started more water uptake + more pistols = some more buddage.. i thought she was a little early say into 60 days maybe in flower so this is a 70 day flower strain that I usually let go 80 days-ish. I've got her in a small 5gal no-til that probably has 8 runs on it already. If I had put her in a 7gal pot she's be in the lights.

I'm retiring the 5gal pots moving forward, and will use them exclusively for the Auto girls. I actually am torn for the pot size cause I get 3 zips from the 5gal .. going to 7gal until they have a few runs on them, they are still at 3 zips. Time and patience... the new pots get better and better every run, I'm still seeing that with the latest round, they are all in pots/soil that I've ran many many times. Rads Girl as an example is kicking it. That's a testament to the soil mix and compost/SST/EWC rock dust soil amendments.

Doc said:
I have a friend who does his own worms and castings. He claims to feed them only organic inputs and says he can supply me 5 gallons a month. That's twice as much as I need, so I'm going to go for it. Beats the bagged stuff. My hands are tied for a worm farm here but I've been using castings religiously since going organic.

Get on it Doc... :thumb: castings FTW! Organic even better but the worms will make short work of just about any food scrap and turn it into black gold. I like to add in some granite dust, it helps the worms digest better more efficiently. Think chickens and rocks in their crow to help then grind up foods, same deal for the worms.

Don't mess with Mrs Doc.. she's on the righteous path, with a good will she will bring you along; do not disturb - right!?

Like me and the ladies, get out of the way they know what they are doing.

Keep it green

Heck yes Bo! Let me know what she says. I'll PM you the link to the site when I get home. If you can take some screen shots when you order, Maybe I can navigate it using your map. :high-five:

I just completed my first top dress mixing red algae into the EWC. Conradino made it too hard to resist a try. I hit all the LOS no-tills with it, that's 4 of my 6 pots running. Can't mess with the HB Kit pots, poor deprived things. LOL! Two of the pots are already harvested, so I'll be planting in them this weekend. The seeds destined for them didn't all pop, so I'm thinking plant three into the 10 gallon and run them 12/12 from the beginning.

I've been staying pretty much on schedule with drenches this run and finally got some alfalfa meal. You guys are beginning to have a positive influence in me again, thank the cannabis gods. Maybe you'll even have me doing kelp foliars before too long BB. :laughtwo:

This was a nice place to start my day. Back to uploading pictures so I can document all that on my own journal.

Top-quality EWC FTW. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

Hey hey everybody... sorry for the lack of updates - still recovering from doing my taxes. OMG... I hope the politicians do something positive with the money I had to share. :Namaste:

Anyways... getting back on track I'll do a proper update shortly and wanted to say

HAPPY 420 everybody! i'ts going to be a green & purple night here at the Brown house (house is actually gold and purple)!

:party: :passitleft: :party: :yummy:

V---- DD Purps ---V Harvest day 4/22/2016 - there's still one little new pistol We savior every little bit of this fine little lady.

pics_04_11_2016_0051.JPG

pics_04_11_2016_004.JPG

pics_04_11_2016_002.JPG

Been a while since I did a report. A lot has changed in my indoor gardens. First off Rad's girl got chopped on the full moon. She was the heaviest chopped plant I've had in a few years. She's got some big dense buds. She was pretty much perfect as I can do. Not too bad for a lady that wasn't my first choice... all her twin sisters were put into flower a head of her. She was not a runt but not the best but I started her from seed from one of my Keystalica plants that had a bunch of seed on one bud. I dropped a few of them and they all turned into females and I'm growing out the rest of them now.

Yeah so I have been chopping, drying and trimming for a week or so. Been pretty busy. Full moon ... my preferred choice for timing to do work in the gardens. Hey I only have to work a few daze a month. :thumb:

Rad's girl right before chop

pics_04_22_2016_002.JPG

Close up of that big beautiful woman.... I was looking at her hanging after a few days and she's still got a decent weight to her.

pics_04_22_2016_003.JPG

Ok moving on... I'll get some smoke reports up for the Mandala Cali Dream and Mandala Far Out - they've both cured say 5 weeks or so and pretty much ready. I had a friend taste test the Far Out and it was just what the Dr ordered .....My friend is getting back surgery so he will be laid up and wanted me to grow some couch lock for him.

I'm a sativa fiend so yah really not my fav but I'm going to broaden my horizons this season! Why not, right? It's funny cause he can't smoke the Krystalica (or has challenges smoking) - too strong he has trouble if he drinks alcohol and bongs it. I think there's a message in there somewhere. I'd bet it's 20% THC. Have I smoked stronger meds... yeah but not too many times.

Ok lets see what's next up... This is the lovely Chemdawg ... she's going to be really nice IF I can get her down to the end... starting to warm up here, without AC grow room temps are mid 80s lights on with fans a blowing.

chemdawg 3 days ago:

pics_04_22_2016_004.JPG

Chemdawg tonight - what a difference a few days makes... wow I cant wait to see this gal bulk up, she's on it.
I have several plants in different stages of flower but most are mid flower, so tonight I loaded them up with a lot of water with fish emulsion and also did my usual IPM and added in some extra aloe gel organic and a 1/2 cup of Coconut water.

This girl just wont quit praying... I think the HSO stuff is really digging my soil mix! I'm going with some HSO Black Dog here next ... seeds in the soil.

pics_04_25_2016_008.JPG

This is the B-45 test run which could possibly be Black Berry Dream - its starting to stink a lot like Blueberry to me very berry smelling up close and I can smell her walking the door when I get home from work. Hopefully I wont have to go stealth for the stink! Time to refresh my charcoal canister air filter.

pics_04_25_2016_004.JPG

Krystalica for the win... my go to girls, easy to grow (dont let the senescence fool me), strong and easy to trim!

pics_04_25_2016_006.JPG

Chemdawggy dawg up close and personal - say HI!:cheer:

pics_04_25_2016_007.JPG

Another Chemdawg lower bud close up ... packing on the trichomes.

pics_04_25_2016_009.JPG

Krystalica - I'd say 35 days in flower.. Rad Girls twin from seed

pics_04_25_2016_010.JPG

Another Krystalica - Rad Girls sister about 15 days in flower if that.

pics_04_25_2016_013.JPG

Smoke report coming up...

Back
Top Bottom