Cottage 420's Organic Perpetual Indoor Garden

Oh yeah the Chemdawg just went crazy the last few daze! Wow... I went into the flower room to find this tonight after lights out. I did my 2x a week IPM and this to my surprise this what I found!! Wooo freaking hoo MF. :party::ganjamon::Rasta::party::yahoo:

Chemdawg lady in a purple dress! Wow... I'm getting all freaked out now.. only one plant! humidity is high 40-70% RH .... holy weed smoking batman, this plant is beautiful.

For Sara - this plant is 100% under a Mars II 1200W. Actually this lamp has been a good producer. I've tried a bunch of other lamps too. This one is still in my flower room. Most lamps at this wattage get pretty hot, this one is not bad ... I'm a results oriented grower, what works .... keeps working.

I usually yield 12 zips under this lamp every run - 4 plants.. organic no trim/no top usually no tie downs.

Doc this buds for you brother!!

20160511_200149.jpg

I have goose bumps...

20160511_200201.jpg

20160511_200232.jpg

This one is a copy of the other day for a comparo...

20160506_193853_1_2.jpg

BBD getting her shit on... she's probably jealous, you know how the ladies get, they get together and take us gents to a new high! I think I wanna go dancing now.

20160511_200214.jpg

This one is Mandala Far Out.. she's starting to get a little purple too... maybe?? I can see a little ....

night time temps in the low 50s - windows open fans on high! Gonna have to be like that.

20160511_200224.jpg

Stunning BB. :high-five: wow! The coloration on that Chemdawg........ Dang! I harvested my Dark Devil Auto today. It's hard to do that and not think of you the entire time. :laughtwo:

Hi Bo!

That Chemdawg is mouth watering and still praying to the light. No yellow leaves at all. My word/werd! Saturday is the day for nettles!

The BBD is no slouch either, but compared to your purple Chemdawg I have to say that Chemdawg wins hands down! How much longer on that beauty?

Far out looks interesting. That is his version of Blue Dream so it should purple or blue up on you and have some of the best smells in the tent. It is supposed to be pretty powerful too!

The light of which you dream is now hanging in my tent brother. It's an amazing shiner lol!

You're racking and stacking them here Bo! Let me know if you need any help smoking up all that fine herb! :lot-o-toke:

Oh yeah the Chemdawg just went crazy the last few daze! Wow... I went into the flower room to find this tonight after lights out. I did my 2x a week IPM and this to my surprise this what I found!! Wooo freaking hoo MF. :party::ganjamon::Rasta::party::yahoo:

. . . . . .

20160511_200201.jpg

Your Chemdawg lady looks awesome - my girls' trichomes usually look like your 'before' picture at harvest time.

Hey there welcome to my little organic corner on :420:!

Super glad to see another Coots style soil aficionado. I love that guy. I learned a TON from him and I've been growing organically maybe almost as long as he has. I started out in the 70's growing organically. He's probably got a few years on me!! hahaha I'm glad he shared what he did. He helped me get where I'm at now both indoors and out.

Foilers are pretty much a necessity with indoor container gardening, in my opinion. Sooner or later growing canna in containers you will get a pest infestation... and pray it's not spider mites! So the foiler is your proactive defense against pests AND you can give your ladies a boost at the same time. They will thank you in spades at harvest time. To this basic recipe you can add in kelp tea (diluted/strained) and pretty much any of your teas that you make but you need to strain them well so the sprayer doesn't clog. Mix it up for the ladies so they don't get bored..

My IPM 2 times a week - absolutely no skipping. Trust me .... you leave those little buggers a little break and before you even know it, tear down time. Spraying plants is soooo much more fun that fighting off pests. My last update was after an IPM - Immediate positive response and it's not subtle.

The only add in to foiler that I'm careful not to use on flowers is fish emulsion and I stop kelp foiler when there's flowers as well - makes the finished buds smell danky... instead of sweet. I like to top dress those in flower instead of foiler in flower.

1 gal RO water - to that I add:

1-2 tps Monteray Insect spray - You can use this all the way to harvest.

Amazon: Monterey Garden Insect Spray with Spinosad Concentrate 16oz

1-2 tbs (I use a cap full) - BioAg Fullpower all the way to flower

Amazon: BioAg Ful-Power Plant Nutrient, 1 quart : Gardening Tools And Accessories

1 tsp of Dyna-Gro Pro-tekt Silicon Supplement

You can get the smaller bottle - a little goes a LONNNNG way. Don't over do it. More is not better here - same with your Agsil stuff - I've tried that but your cultivar that you pick to grow may not like that - you need to figure that out. some plants can and do like it some do not and cant tolerate it..why I use Pro-tekt. Very light hand here. All the way to flower.

Amazon: Dyna-Gro Pro-tekt Tek-32 --3 Silicon Supplement, 1-Quart : Soil And Soil Amendments

For a sprayer I use this one: Chapin 2002-2 gallon sprayer - you could get by with the 1 gallon - I spray a crap ton of plants, not just canna. We grow a lot of berries and veggies etc outside.

Amazon: Chapin 22 2-Gallon Lawn and Garden Sprayer
When is the best time to spray? I guessing right before lights out so not to burn the plant?
I have the Monterey insect spray and only have 6 plants, how far does one gallon go?
Dealing with the pesty Thrips and tried the ladybug route and they did a good job but not all of them are gone.

Thanks

And your plants are gorgeous!

Hi Ruthy,

This IPM is awesome. Use it 2x a week and you should see those pests disappear within a couple weeks.

I use mine right at lights on.

The ideal time for foliar spraying is the early morning if you're growing outside and whenever the light turns on if you're growing inside. The stomata are open when the light is on them. It should be noted, however, that a temperature of 80 degrees or more will make the spray less effective because many of the stomata will be closed.

Hi Ruthy,

This IPM is awesome. Use it 2x a week and you should see those pests disappear within a couple weeks.

I use mine right at lights on.

The ideal time for foliar spraying is the early morning if you’re growing outside and whenever the light turns on if you’re growing inside. The stomata are open when the light is on them. It should be noted, however, that a temperature of 80 degrees or more will make the spray less effective because many of the stomata will be closed.

One problem I have is the plants are getting pretty close to the light now I am guessing 20" away, I am just worried about the light burning the plant. Will it hurt to spray on just before lights out?

Thank you

Spraying at lights out is never a good idea. On top of the Stomata being closed, it can also bring unnecessary moisture/humidity into your grow room. This could cause mold or bud rot.

Just start with one plant and maybe move them out from directly under your light if you can. they should be dry with 15 to 20 minutes if you have good airflow. If that one plant does OK then do 2 the next day and so on until your feeling more comfortable with the idea. :thumb:

When is the best time to spray? I guessing right before lights out so not to burn the plant?
I have the Monterey insect spray and only have 6 plants, how far does one gallon go?
Dealing with the pesty Thrips and tried the ladybug route and they did a good job but not all of them are gone.

Thanks

And your plants are gorgeous!

Hey there Ruthy thanks for the reps and welcome. The Montery spray will kick them to the corner in no time flat. Don't worry about when you spray as long as you spray. If you are adding in any oils then yes at lights out. With my recipe I don't use oils specifically since I've got plants in VEG and FLOWER at the same time and lights out for the VEG room is like 12am-4am so I'm well done with gardening by that time so I don't use oils.

IF I get spider mites that will change.

For thrips you need to be sure and spray every 2 days for the first week, then you can cut back to 2x a week. I've had em, they spread REALLY fast. It's super important to not skip a spray. The bugs lay eggs and the eggs hatch, if they hatch and are left go they will reproduce very quickly and lay eggs again. The bugs you see on the plants are the last stage so why its super important to keep up the IPM every week 2x a week no skips all the way to harvest. Also spray the floor around the pots and the exterior of the pots. Thrips adults can kinda fly not very well but they can so they usually fly off the plants and land on the floor or on you! Be aware of that. I usually change clothes when there's an infestation... after messing about in the grow room and be aware of your footwear too, you can track them about the house on your shoes and socks.

Best thing to do is do a good cleaning of the grow area floor, foiler spray and you will be good to go. Next day water then the 2nd day another foiler.

Just don't put any fish emulsion in the IPM after start of flower! Yes I did it. buds will taste like the smell of .... ummmmm.... lets just say a dirty clothes basket but with a special treat. yuk.

Just don't stress on the bugs... there's lots of em in the soil most are beneficial. The trick is to keep the good ones healthy and they usually crowd out the bad ones. Healthy plants helps more than anything to a point tho.

Good luck and feel free to stop back and hit me up for whatever you want to. I'm a supper good person and willing to share everything I know with anyone that cares to ask... If I don't know I won't BS you but I will find the answer that's fer sure. :thumb:

I do have to disagree to a point Bo. No disrespect intended, but the one time I got bud rot it was due to spraying in the evening right before lights out. It's common for folks in low humidity areas to never experience this. But for the record it happened to me lol. That said, I've no idea where Ruthy is growing so disregard my advice lol.

Sorry for bumping in on your thread brother! :circle-of-love:

Ok so I'm coming down the back stretch with Chemdawg and BBD and a few Krystalica, probably half the flower room is coming down in the next week or so... I'm going to start checking trichomes and taking pics of them to review. I'm spoiled running the Mandala strains, they are soooo easy to grow. I can tell by looking at them whats up and/or when they are ready to harvest.

I did have to pay my dues tho with the loop and the watering can.:Namaste:

Mini update here - Chemdawg really is the BIG show with BBD cheesing up the joint quietly in the back row. I think these 2 are going to be the big hitters. I wanted to try my hand at the high THC strains and I think I did well here with these 2 at least so far. Krystalica is no slouch either in the THC department and it has a fair amount of CBD too ... double punch ba-bang, hit me girls! :cheer:

I'm going to start off with a few pics I put in buckshots Eye Candy thread. Reps to Buck for a supper killer thread there.. I've spent a crapload on seeds just from following that thread... so watch out .. I've warned me and YMMV.

Chemdawg 2 days ago...

20160517_191814.jpg

Messing about with my camera.. this is the Ice Age frosty version of Chemdawg

20160517_1856051.jpg

Chemdawg a few day ago under skirt pics here:

20160514_205013.jpg

20160514_205025.jpg

Chemdawg from last night:

pics_05_17_2016_011.JPG

pics_05_17_2016_010.JPG

pics_05_17_2016_009.JPG

pics_05_17_2016_008.JPG

That's not too shabby... ^^^ Krystalica in the back there full on in senescence Good chance I'll be trimming those 2 at the same time.

Moving on... Krystalica getting close

pics_05_17_2016_007.JPG

Krystalica another tonight she's got some purple, this one is stall mate to Chemdawg. I'm thinking she likes the purple dress.. she's got purple too but I haven't loaded those pics yet...

pics_05_17_2016_006.JPG

I do have to disagree to a point Bo. No disrespect intended, but the one time I got bud rot it was due to spraying in the evening right before lights out. It's common for folks in low humidity areas to never experience this. But for the record it happened to me lol. That said, I've no idea where Ruthy is growing so disregard my advice lol.

Sorry for bumping in on your thread brother! :circle-of-love:

Hey Doc you are spot on.. in the PAC NW mold is always a concern probably more than bugs IMHO. So yea good point thanks for sharing. I rarely see mold here on the right coast ... knock knock.. growing Chemdawg.. I should be careful what I wish for. Anyways yeah I've got a RH monitor so I'm aware of RH and keep it under 70% at all costs and haven't had any issues. Once I start to see RH into +70% the AC gets going. :high-five:

Holy frikin Moly Bo,

Those Chemdawg pics are just incredible. I'm serious when I say you should send those to HSO. they need to put those on their website. I've never seen any more beautiful than these. I'm sending positive vibes that they will smoke as good as they look. When you're dealing with high THC strains, it's good practice to start with the one hit method until you find your sweet spot. Basically, whatever your normal consumption is, throw it out the window. Take 1(bong, pipe, vape) or maybe 2 hits of your smoking a joint. Some of this stuff creeps up on you and just keeps getting more intense eventually ruining your night and the high lol. Taking 1 toke will let you control the high instead of the other way around. Or, just say F' it and smoke the whole spliff lol.

No knock on the Krystalica, but compared to that Chemdawg it's like spending a month in LA and then walking into a bar in Juno Alaska lol! Or better yet, renting a Ferrari on vacation and then stepping off the plain and getting into your Prius lol!

Looking fantastic Brother!

Hey thanks everybody for the kind words. I'm usually not a picture hound but I've got a few plants that are pretty. .. My usual Krystalica is of course in senescence full on ... It's all good.

Hey Doc - I cant wait to take a few puffs... here ya on the take it easy thing. I'm always leery with a new strain I've never tried before. The other day a friend of mine came in from Pittsburgh and shared some pretty good weed - UK Cheese and I think it was organically grown too. I couldn't taste any funkyness, that was decent, nice body buzz then a big haze! I could have easily smoked/vaped too much of that but I got used to it pretty quick. Just keep puffing.. :smokin:

Doc send me an invite to your next round if ya feel like it please?

Ok so I can do a sorta mini update ... I've been doing my usual routine - 2x weekly IPM - this week I did 3x since we are gardening a lot outdoors and ya never know when a critter decides it needs a nice warm place to set up shop and takes a hike in the house on me or my shoes. I never know so this time of year I take a few extra steps to stay out of trouble.

Clean the grow spaces - IPM and more IPM. Also I have a cherry tomato plant growing very close to my ladies in flower. The tomato plants are like the canary in the coal mine.. if there's pests they will start on the tomato first! This cultivar of tomato the leaves die if I even brush up against it, touch it the whole branch dies.. no kidding.

Anyways this weeks routine (each week is a little different but close):
day 1 water
day2 malted barley tea water & IPM
day3 water with coconut water/aloe gel/Fulpower/pro-teckt/ 1/2 cup of nettle tea
day4 water & IPM
day 5 water with coconut water/aloe gel
day 6 water
Day 7 water with coconut water Fulpower/proteckt/ mycos

I'm watering every day - the ladies are drinking up a storm ... I'm watering about 7 gallons every day including VEG and Flower. They all get the same thing. I usually don't work this hard but it is spring time and we get in a kinda rhythm with nature outdoors and indoors so we are busy keepin it green. :Namaste:

On to the ladies:

Starting off with chemdawg.. she's the big show right now

pics_05_20_2016_005.JPG

Close up top cola shot ... she's starting to get top heavy AND I've got the main stem staked out

pics_05_20_2016_002.JPG

Chemdawg with Krystalica in the back there.. they are close in time in flower very close and very close in size too. The Krystalica in the back there is Rad Girls sister. It was warm for a few days and thats when the claw started... I could turn on the AC but I think it's too late and temps in the 50s for the next several days. Not going to worry about it.

pics_05_20_2016_003.JPG

Chemdawg under skirt shot - wow I took a clone or 2 of this one! FTMFW

pics_05_20_2016_004.JPG

Big bud shot - Chemdawg in the front, Rad Girls sister back right - BBD (Blueberry Dream) back left!

pics_05_20_2016_001.JPG

This is LSD-25 - she's a little tike but the buds are heavy and fat and she's the one stinking up the place!

pics_05_20_2016_017.JPG

LSD-25 again..

pics_05_20_2016_016.JPG

Mandala Far Out starting to stack up - this plant is very good meds.

pics_05_20_2016_015.JPG

Exotic Genetics BBD - test 45

pics_05_20_2016_012.JPG

Exotic Genetics BBD - test 45 again - she's been in flower 71 days .. not sure how this one is going to play out. I have no genetic info on this one. I may have to get out the loop and check the trichomes - more to come I will do that tomorrow.

pics_05_20_2016_011.JPG

Krystalica coming down the back stretch - This is my favorite daily smoke.

pics_05_20_2016_006.JPG

Last but not least - Rad Girl's sister ... this is going in my personal stash for vacation this summer. This is 70 days of a 73-75 day flower. I like to let this one tell me she's done. She's not even close to being finished. Still some new pistols. She will use of all of the fans and start using up the sugar leaves then it will be chop time. 2 more weeks me thinks.

pics_05_20_2016_009.JPG

Back
Top Bottom