Crawdaddy's First Grow in 10+ Years Greenhouse/Soil - 2013

Re: Crawdaddy's First Grow in 10+ Years Greenhouse/Soil -2013

Had some roots show on my first clone i took about 2 weeks ago, trying to decrease root time with cloner.
Roots88.jpg

Planted it and sister clone in some soil...

planted1.JPG

And here are my other clones that are about 5-6 days old, removed dome last night and all still perky after 24 hours, so probably be good(the one bending over was a bent top I took, so not wilting), 3 of them are single clones from one seedling, so I hope they all root. Then I can flower mothers and see what I got :)

Clones124.jpg

Also with regards to pH, I bought the cal solutions because my pH tester was showing my tap water to be 7.9, even after sitting in gallon jug for 24 hours. Well after cal still showing that. Same water I been feeding my plants for 3.5 months and they healthy as can be. Is this normal for city tap water, and if so should I use pH down on all my water?

My PH is close to 8.0 from tap. I don't PH down mine. Ferts bring it down anyways. If I am flushing it is usually because my soil runoff PH is way to low to begin with. All I do is aerated it some to get the chlorine out some. I never saw the point in PH'ing it down.... yet. But if I get my PH a little more stable then maybe I will PH it down in the future.

:peacetwo:

you want pH 5.8 for your cloner and i would use the pH down in all your water. you want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

Been thinking about the pH thing, and come to the conclusion that I am over-thinking it, my plants are obviously happy with what I been doing, do going to keep doing it. Sometimes I am my own biggest enemy, i need to remember the KISS philosophy.

Been thinking about the pH thing, and come to the conclusion that I am over-thinking it, my plants are obviously happy with what I been doing, do going to keep doing it. Sometimes I am my own biggest enemy, i need to remember the KISS philosophy.

Yep. Keep it simple. My guess is when you start having a problem... Check the PH and go from there.

:thumb:

Great grow crawdaddy, I'm subbed. Every single one of your plants and clones looks incredibly healthy. Haven't lost your touch at all.

The mantis is pretty cool, I found a jumping spider crawling around my cabinet so I tossed his ass inside to eat some of those damn fungus gnats. I haven't seen that lazy slacker since lol

I just seriously trimmed out the growth of one of my plants, had so much regrow going on was WAY too bushy IMO. Hope I did not go to far though. Will post pics tomorrow, got too dark.

Pimpin' Ain't Easy

:rofl:

Just heard from my g/f my new tent and 100W LED arrived, cant wait to go home only 15 more mins at work :bitingnails:

Going to start new journal for my indoor season after I unpack/setup. God I love owning my own house, I can grow and grow and then to make sure grow some more. I just love watching my plants develop. Wish I could grow for a living. After it all plays out going to look into what it will take to start legal recreational grow in a legalized state. I about moved to Amsterdam in the 90's to try and make career out of it, but too many barriers.

Back
Top Bottom