CryoDude's 2nd Indoor Grow - Kush Time

ok here is a quick update. So those little guys i picked up in Nov, right before thanksgiving. They vegged in a that small 2 2.5 cabinet in their big pots for like way to long and the vanilla kush got totally over grown by the cataracts. The vanilla has made a very good comeback and i flipped these guys to 13/11 on march 31. So with luck, they should be showing real bud siteage by the beginning of next week.

these first shots are the vanilla kush , that while a little thin, has filled in very well and is ready to go.

vanilla_kush_front_shot_3-10-14.JPG
vanilla_kush_veg_4-8-14.jpg

These next shots are the cataracts #1 and #2. they are super bushy and i guess i learned a little more about my lst and super cropping. Less would allow a little more height. I was really hoping to get all those guys through the screen at least 8-10 inches for 16-20 tops per plant but they just keep going wider and thicker and not up. So i'll have the same screen mess i did last time. oh well..

cataract_kush_2_veggin_4-8-2014jpg.jpg
Cataract_Kush_1_veg_on_4-8-2014.JPG
Cataract_kush_1_veg_4-8-14.jpg
vanilla_kush_veg_on_4-8-2014.JPG
Cataract_kush_2_veg_on_4-8-2014.JPG
vnailla_kush_veggin_4-8-2014.jpg

I think that last photo is the vanilla kush again. anyway that is the update for now. I'll post more as i get it going.

ON a side note, my little Tahoe blue go kush and Tahoe gold females that i grew for seed stock are doing very well. I might get a couple shots of them up next time. They are probably about 3 weeks from being done. I was figuring around the end of April and looks like that will be very close. Lotsa pretty seed stock. I'm gonna germinate a couple and hope fro a male to pollinate another Sensi Star that i have veggie' now. for the grow this summer.

Subbed, about to grow my first Kush girls so interesting indeed! :)

Howdy Light Addict. thanks for stopping. Ya i just updated with some terrible looking picts. U'd need to see em without all that stupid purple tint and hazing in the photos. but both strains, especially the cataract, have just done wonderful under their led canopy of light. i need to drop by your journal and see that monster you are running.. 1200 holy cow.. thats some power. that is what i have total in my flower room, 6 200's covering 25sq feet.. heh

Cryodude, how many inches do you keep your lights above the plants? When you flower do you turn on both switches? Thank You Ketinkrad

Cryodude, how many inches do you keep your lights above the plants? When you flower do you turn on both switches? Thank You Ketinkrad

hey there, Ketinkrad, actually on my advanced lights, i use the blue/veg side the first 4-5 days when i put plant n the big room first to get used to way more intense light than they had prior to then. But i find that if you run them full power after that the rest of the veg time, that you get better root structure and also really strong branch development. So using all of it really does help lot. and when i cut the light to 12 1/2 to 13hrs for flower, i still run the veg side.. just helps the photosynthesis out a ton. Costs more to run em full out but t's worth it. my first indoor grow that i completed mar 1st. from the 3 plants that i grew, 23.3 oz and could have been 4-6 more but they all came down early cause i had to move the other ones. All good, most of it i make oil with. i don't smoke a whole lot. For foot pain once in a while and as a sleep aid for conking out fast. I do the oil once a week, 1/8 mil or so for my prostrate. Anyhow, hope that answers your question. IF you have Advanced lights then you'll be happy if you do it same, but experiment, see hat you like and works best for your grow.

oh , on light distance Ketinkrad,i run em 24-28" above for the first 3 weeks then try to maintain 22-24" rest of the grow. They suggest that and i get really good coverage and decent penetration over 90% of my area. It's just about 50 watts per sq ft but most importantly ,they get the right spectrums to do their thing really well. if you weren't around for my first journal, go the member gallery of 420 and filter to my user name, check out the shots in my first journal,(picts from end of jan, to end of Feb this year), .... cola city ... it smelled so good in there!

hey to me.. long time no be here.. outta town, busy with life. Poor plants have run outta nutrients. 3 1/2 gals of soil and 22 weeks of growing time so far. they still have about 4 weeks to go. should be interesting to see how this finishes.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom