Cultivator's Return - Multiple Grows

Gorgeous Cult!

The clones should be fine mate, they look ok to me. Just give some calmag with you base nute and they will come around. Also you can take clones from feminized plants but you just need to make sure theyvare stressed as little as possible and a mothers genes woould weaken far faster than a healthy reg.

As for the rooms a regular place in uk can handle on average 24lights 600w running staggered. So 12 on 12 off for example but will cost you fortunes to run in elec. Go maybe 6 and 6 or 4 and 4 and you be fine.
Thanks cult, appreciate your input. Feel more confident about using them now. I will do my utmost to keep stress to a minimum. Great info on clones and mothers from feminized seeds, clears up a lot of the questions I had. I read a lot of different opinions online through Google searches. I did read about one guy saying he renewed his female mother plants every 6 months or so, I'm guessing for the reason you said about genetics weakening?

Thanks cult, I will probably have some more questions for you at some point on best way to fit out the rooms the way you do. Because man you get those results. Those plants look amazing in your last update. Colas for days mate. Can't wait to see how they look I'm another few weeks. I think 4/4 or 6/6 sounds like a good start to me too. Thanks again cult

They do look sativa dominant but tbey arw a cross between silver haze , yrain wreck and g13 or og kush i cant remember. But tbey are fading quickly. I hope they can make it to 9 weeks. The leaves are yellowing and i think there will be probs. Need a bigger bicket size and net pot for the way i grow.

The handfed plants are busy being pruned. Its a nightmare. Far too many plants in the room by 8 or 10. But i was expecting more males. I will vet some before and after pics up tonight and you will see how brutal i am. They are like 3 weeks in today bit look way behind the system plants. Im thinking of just running a system in tbat room also but i will see wbat happens cos i change my mind alot. Lol.

Looking well tho mate I hope they hold up for ya
Sure ya could find a few good keepers in there
I really liked the flood An drain buckets when they are working properly it's just when the fookers play up
A friends been trying to convince me to do 2 plants per light using terra plus media in 45ltr pots an he showed me a few of his plants the other day
I couldn't believe the structure difference compared to any plays I've grown they was completely different a lot more space between the branches and with bigger side branches not as cramped an leafy in centre of plant ,anyway it was chop day the colas seemed far bigger than I usually get do you think it's down the the pot size

Looking well tho mate I hope they hold up for ya
Sure ya could find a few good keepers in there
I really liked the flood An drain buckets when they are working properly it's just when the fookers play up
A friends been trying to convince me to do 2 plants per light using terra plus media in 45ltr pots an he showed me a few of his plants the other day
I couldn't believe the structure difference compared to any plays I've grown they was completely different a lot more space between the branches and with bigger side branches not as cramped an leafy in centre of plant ,anyway it was chop day the colas seemed far bigger than I usually get do you think it's down the the pot size

Could be down to several things but ofcourse bigger plants spaced out produce healthier plants when done correctly.. however you veg longer so thats a consideration and if you dont habe a veg room ypu will lose out over the year. Maybe your over crowding your space by vegging tòo long. With out knowing all exact details its hard to sáy really. Just do what suits you best. Try it. Its not the best way to grow for fast turn aroind though. Shame i cant come and show you mate.
Us

So ive been in and pruned the hand fed plants. I still have maybe 10 to do but it was a much bigger job than it should have been for 2 reasons. First is that there are too many plants in the space. I think 33 now as i only pulled 3 males if im remembering correctly. Technically thats around 4 per light but the way the room is set up thats too many. I think 24 or so would have been better as they would have had more breathing space in a narrow room. There was so much spindly shit on bottoms as canopy was so thick. They look si much better now and airflow will have improved 10 fold. I will finish them tomorro.

The plants def should have been in 25litre+ pots. Its ridiculous how rootfilled the pots are. Yes i want strong healthy roots but its at the point where feeding is difficult because it takes patience to feed. When your on your on hands and knees in amongst 33 huge weed plants its very easy to rush. The plants are strong and because the canopy is so thick and dark at ground level the roots have kept going crazy. The pruning allows a little more light through but its the increased airflow that will show the biggest improvement. Rh will drop by atleast 20% which is a good think now as it will now be running around 55-60%. The fresh co2 is being circulated across the tops of the pots abd being pulled up and through the plants so perfect. Im going to change extraction fans in both rooms next round and double the extraction. Temps are fine and stable and i think they can take the bigger fans which will again boost co2.

These plants are around a week behind the Blzbud in the flood and drain system but they look nearly 2 weeks behind and are growing differently. The system plants havent had a flower prune and have more space but where theres too many plants in the hand fed room, theres too few in the system room. An extra row will be added or i may even use the alien brain for the flood and drain system but im thinking of making my owwn buckets because thesec10litre ones are just too small. Id be interested to see what a 20itre buckets with 12litre netpots woulld do.. im not sure yet.

2nd issue was i left it a little too long to prune. I had to go away a week or so and ive been struggling with illness. So they were just overgrown due to lack of light and being too close together.

No matter how many grows ive done there are always teething problems when starting in new rooms and new strains. Hopefull next round will be perfect. I think the system will run out of legs due to the rootbound issue, although willl stil be nice it just wont handle the final couple weeks but we see. on the flipside i think the hand fed plants will finish stronger. I need to be careful though because there are some very tall plants and a couple heads have already burn but i thin they be fine. I dont want to lift lights any higher for the sake of 4 plants. Always the problem when growing from seed, never mind growing diff strains in the sameroom. But next will all be clones from the kings banner i think making room much more uniform.. speaking of clones i will do an update on those tomorro.

So heres the pics of before and after pics of pruning.

20180124_184842.jpg

20180125_194222.jpg

20180125_193310.jpg

20180125_194219.jpg

20180125_193314.jpg

20180125_193259.jpg

20180125_192944.jpg

So finally for today i wanted to let you guts know my book is coming along great. I mght be biased but ts better than any book ive read on growing in doors. Its jam packed with info with everything from seed germination right through to harvest, how to clone and maintain mothers, building rooms and selecting grow spaces, setting up extraction and how to do sealed rooms, trainibg plants, diff mediums, feed schedules. You name it and it will be there, like an encyclopedia. I paid like £10 for books off amazon that arent even clear on what i would need to do. My book will walk a complete beginner through start to finish butcalsoboffer tips to more experienced guys. Im looking for feedback on what people would like in a grow book. It willl be wel ilustrated too. Immalso workking on a digital book that would be interactive. The hardback im hoping will be published in summer, the digital version wont be ready until autumn. Im not competing with 420magazine either, infact quite the oppposite. I will be directing people here too to check grows out and share experiiences etc.. i willl figure out floser to the time how that will work, providing 420 is agreeable to that. Im excited about this book but it has alot to fiinish yèt so watch this space....

Cult, I just used fabric pots for the first time and I noticed way less rootbound but they ALL fell over when stakes were pulled. So the stems are weak. They got Cal/Mag so thats not it. Im not sure if I like the fabrics? My next tent run might be in plastic.

Cult, I just used fabric pots for the first time and I noticed way less rootbound but they ALL fell over when stakes were pulled. So the stems are weak. They got Cal/Mag so thats not it. Im not sure if I like the fabrics? My next tent run might be in plastic.

Im not sure what you mean? Could you be more specific? I doubt pots had anything to do with it. I will never flower another plant in a plastic pot if i can help it. I havent staked any of the plants in tbis journal and some big plants here. Its strain dependant on whether i stake them.

What you been feeding exacyly.

Hey cult wanted to let u know my girls have bounced back well after my little light mishap. They r a little leafier than normal and probably put me back no more than 2 weeka but i reckon u were right about me maybe gwtting a bigger yield. Its like the extra stretch has made the colas bigger than normal. I run super skunk and it is top notch in my opinion.

Hey cult I just thought I should check in to let you know I'm loving coco. I'm using Advanced Nutes and Great White and they are happy. Here's a Super Silver Haze by Cropking and she is on day 18 in this pic. She's in a .8 gallon pot and Im going to flower her in it for shits and giggles lol. I figure she will do ok with a short veg her being a haze strain plus I have 6 more of them and I want to experiment a little bit with veg time and pot size. Do you think she will flower out alright in that pot if I flip her now. I'm thinking I read that roots grow most at the beginning of flowers and grow like crazy for 2-3 weeks so her roots should be bound pretty good and allow me to water 2-3 times daily. Just wanted to get your thoughts on this, do you think she will do ok with my plan.
865228c782a6757bc09a191bf38a4593.jpg

Im not sure what you mean? Could you be more specific? I doubt pots had anything to do with it. I will never flower another plant in a plastic pot if i can help it. I havent staked any of the plants in tbis journal and some big plants here. Its strain dependant on whether i stake them.

What you been feeding exacyly.

Well then Im lost cause they got the same thing as the last two plastic pot grows. Fox Farms line up with cal/mag added. EXCEPT this one got a microbial called "Recharge" and a bloom booster called "Flower Fuel". Maybe these dont mix well with FF? Its got to be it? So Im guessing dont do this with FF anymore?
They had no stem strength. Fell right over after unstaked. The last two grows had strong stems compared.

Hey cult I just thought I should check in to let you know I'm loving coco. I'm using Advanced Nutes and Great White and they are happy. Here's a Super Silver Haze by Cropking and she is on day 18 in this pic. She's in a .8 gallon pot and Im going to flower her in it for shits and giggles lol. I figure she will do ok with a short veg her being a haze strain plus I have 6 more of them and I want to experiment a little bit with veg time and pot size. Do you think she will flower out alright in that pot if I flip her now. I'm thinking I read that roots grow most at the beginning of flowers and grow like crazy for 2-3 weeks so her roots should be bound pretty good and allow me to water 2-3 times daily. Just wanted to get your thoughts on this, do you think she will do ok with my plan.
865228c782a6757bc09a191bf38a4593.jpg

Yeah tbat should work fine. Only 1 way to find out right :)

Well then Im lost cause they got the same thing as the last two plastic pot grows. Fox Farms line up with cal/mag added. EXCEPT this one got a microbial called "Recharge" and a bloom booster called "Flower Fuel". Maybe these dont mix well with FF? Its got to be it? So Im guessing dont do this with FF anymore?
They had no stem strength. Fell right over after unstaked. The last two grows had strong stems compared.

Youve hit nail on the head. Youve changed nutes/additives. Ive never used ff anything as they arent popular in europe. Most nutes and additives will mix so long as you ate in the correct ec/ppm range but some nutes are far superjor to others.

If possible jump on my coco thread and try follow that as close as poss and you will have awesome plants. You can misss out all the addatives apart from good root stim, mycorhizae and the quality pk boost. Notb1 person has told me tbey folowed my recipe and failed or had a poor result. I constantky get messages saying its worked wondérs for people. Its real easy to follow.

But as far as the pots go i highly doubt thats the isue

I will get a detailed update on both the system room and the hand fed room tomorrow. Im sorry I haven't been so active this past couple weeks. I have been concentrating on writing my book and working. Also I have been travelling back and forth to Spain a lot and my internet signal is awful there, plus I have been trying to spend some quality time with my family and that means less internet.

On the plus side I got a new MacBook today so writing should be more fun time than a pain trying to use a phone and it easier to navigate the forum...

The bulk of my time until at least until May is going to be focused on getting my first edition of my book completed. It's so exciting for me as I'm getting amazing feedback from everyone. I might post the odd page in the journal so you can get a feel for what the book will look like but we will see. Most of you who have been part of my journals a while no what type of writing style I have and how I approach things but the book will be cleaner and more professional.

Anyway I did get some pics today of the 2 rooms but I haven't uploaded them yet. its day 36 in the Alien system, I can't remember the last time I saw plants as good as this, at this stage of development anyway. I've dumped th, ne res and plants have been receiving only a base nutrient of 1.2ec Ionic coco bloom. Its a critical time of the flower period and I will bump the feed up in couple days. I'm effectively starving the plants and forcing them them to use up some of their own reserves and when I reintroduce the p/k and other additives the plants this week there should be an explosion of new flower growth. If I continued with the regular feed schedule without starving them they would have been fine, however this method can bump yield significantly in lower yielding strains and also boost a plant that has maybe peaked early by speeding up the metabolism of the plant.

I will get some pics up tomorrow with a full update on the manual room also, plus an update on the clones i took and a start towards growing a motherplant or 2.

peace.

Back
Top Bottom