Dakine Real Maui Wowie In The Midwest

Hi Turbo - thought I’d drop in here and checkout the Maui’s from time to time. :) I have a little box of these seeds too, and will get to them someday soon I hope. Looking forward to seeing this bunch grow out for you. So cool you just dropped them all!

:popcorn:

Hi Amy! Thanks for dropping by.

Go big or go home right? Haha. After talking with Penny and dabber I'm really excited for the open pollination

Ok - so are you just going to let them go, male or female and leave them all together? Cool. I’ve thought about that when I run these. Was thinking if I get a male, I’d grow it out for the pollen (like Gaea is doing), and then I thought, why not pop 2, then if I get one of each they could make seeds. :thumb: So open pollination is what that’s called ... nice to pick up bits of terminology here n there

:popcorn:

Open pollination would be multiple male and female plants. Females will receive pollen from each male, preserving genetic integrity. Them you can start popping seeds to select from for the traits you're after.

Exactly. Let the wild things be. I was on a similar thought process. Select one male to leave and pollinate all the girls. Leaving multiple males will help preserve the genetic diversity in the strain before I begin selective breeding.

Edit: Haha fast fingered clown beat me to it.

I think that’s how my friend described making the cross I’m toking on now. My current favourite from my first proper grow (NL X GTigrr). He said they put a male NL in the middle of about 20 Gtigers, and then some kind of backcross the following year. I have seeds from each, but can’t remember if this one I love so much came from the first or second batch - doh!

This is going to be a fun Maui wowie party - likely a long one too ;)

Looking great turbo! All caught up here. I'm gonna go let all my males live this time and likey much longer. Also figured I'd take clones. You know.... just in case.

Welp off to the other journal

Speaking of clones I was looking at mine the other day to start getting them transplanted and realized my buddy cleaned out my girl scout crack pheno I told him to stay out of.... Hopefully he labeled them so I can get one back. There's not much reveg potential to those girls.

Back
Top Bottom