Dark Devil Auto: A Community Grow Record

@Grand Daddy Black wow your youngster looks pristine! She’s gonna turn out really big for you!

once I get my veg tent set up (....something I’ve been saying for a month now...) I’m going to start another DDa in hempy.
Thanks, @ChefDGreen -- hope you're right about your prediction!

And big news this month... I just spotted this on the 420mag news page

:bravo:

:welcome: Welcome Sweet Seeds!!
I’m just bumping this here - wondering if you noticed @SweetSue ... Sweet Seeds are now 420 Mag sponsors... I wonder if they even know you’ve been running this thread all this time!

Oh Amy..... WooHoo! Oh.... let their rep be Tommy. :slide: I’ve encouraged them a couple times over the years to look into sponsorship, since we have this thread running. I’ll be so thrilled to make contact with whomever they assign. Tommy told me a couple years back that he watches all the forums. He knows we’re here. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hey everyone,
Today is day 74 for my DDa. I was going to wait til the 80 mark to even check trichomes, but for some reason I just wanted to see. I couldn’t find a single clear trichome anywhere. The top is like 25-30% amber with the rest cloudy and the bottom is probably more like 5-10%. So, she’s coming down today!

I’ll post some harvest pictures when the trimming is done! :yahoo:

Everyone? Quite a generalization there Sir! I didn't say it. Sue wouldn't say it. So maybe saying nearly everyone would be more accurate. ;)

You know me well. :laughtwo:

I'm pretty sure the general consensus was don't even check until day something-or-other-nowhere-close-to-day-65, but I will not be pulling quotes to back up that claim as I have other fish to fry.

Where I come from, the word "everyone" is the southern equivalent of "y'all," which in no way means 100% of the population. ;)

:rofl:

I watch for that moment when clear starts to flush to cloudy, and I try to get it before any real amber presence is established. I’m looking for a zippier high.

I‘m of the opinion that DDA doesn’t go all narcotic with amber. I still find the buds energetic, but that may be me, as we‘re coming to understand. Lol! What do the rest of you feel?

@Rifleman, do you let yours go more amber? You like that energetic buzz about as much as I do, I believe.

@ChefDGreen, she looks incredibly sticky. You must have excellent light coverage for that early date. I bet she smells devine. :battingeyelashes: How’d harvest go?

@ChefDGreen, she looks incredibly sticky. You must have excellent light coverage for that early date. I bet she smells devine. :battingeyelashes: How’d harvest go?
She smells great! She’s gone a tad gassy in her later years, but still with that strong mango. Harvest was lazy, I just cut off her big fans and laid her out to dry on racks. I’m leaving her on the stem to slow her drying in the fridge. I’ll let her go a month if I have to. I want to get the full experience of flavor and aroma. I’ll start another in a couple of weeks I think.

Hey everyone,
Today is day 74 for my DDa. I was going to wait til the 80 mark to even check trichomes, but for some reason I just wanted to see. I couldn’t find a single clear trichome anywhere. The top is like 25-30% amber with the rest cloudy and the bottom is probably more like 5-10%. So, she’s coming down today!

I’ll post some harvest pictures when the trimming is done! :yahoo:
Man, that looks nice, well done @ChefDGreen. I'm starting to get paranoid that I'll run out before I grow more, lol into my second last jar, so I may have to do one for my next grow after my current.

Man, that looks nice, well done @ChefDGreen. I'm starting to get paranoid that I'll run out before I grow more, lol into my second last jar, so I may have to do one for my next grow after my current.
Thank you Mr Jackson. Was my first DDa ever. Hoping I can do it even better on the next one, think I’ll do a Hempy girl using Megacrop.

Thank you Mr Jackson. Was my first DDa ever. Hoping I can do it even better on the next one, think I’ll do a Hempy girl using Megacrop.
Its hands down my favorite, I finished my first DDA in October, I think I got lucky with the pheno type and pulled 4.5 ounces off it. It would be interesting to see it using megacrop all the "cool" kids seem to be using it, lol, I'll try to use it on my next. I've got posts in this thread back ending in October but non journal for it at this site.
20191003_212707.jpg

.............@Rifleman, do you let yours go more amber? You like that energetic buzz about as much as I do, I believe.

In the DWC buckets my DDAs run about 90-95 days, sprout to harvest. I don't necessarily look for amber, just try to watch for them to "peak". You know.....no more white pistils, swollen, and right before they start to look worse then they did the day before. :hmmmm:

Its hands down my favorite, I finished my first DDA in October, I think I got lucky with the pheno type and pulled 4.5 ounces off it. It would be interesting to see it using megacrop all the "cool" kids seem to be using it, lol, I'll try to use it on my next. I've got posts in this thread back ending in October but non journal for it at this site.
20191003_212707.jpg
I am on DD3 in Mega crop.

I’m glad to see MegaCrop doing so well with the membership. I went on hiatus just as we were getting it dialed in for hempy.

And @actionjackson512003 ...... hot damn! :high-five: My best numbers were 4 oz, and you should have seen the smile on my face when I tallied it up. Lol!

It’s sure a satisfying feeling to have jars of this delicious strain on hand. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom