Dark Devil Auto: A Community Grow Record

Thanks Chef....From what I understand they can go 90 -100 days in dwc so we are a long ways from the finish line. Trying not to count my chickens. Never super cropped before but that could be a viable solution. Might try it on the plant outside the tent. Pinch the stem and lay it over? How do I know how low to go before pinching?

Okay so the goal for pinching and laying over is to get more bud sights into the optimal par range, right? you want to lay over enough branch, so you can then raise the base of the plant bringing everything that was too far away into range. It does crazy things to potential yields.

There are some things to consider for later on though. You’ll probably want to attach the bent part to the straight part of your super cropped branches so they don’t just grow straight up again, because they will. You maybe want to think about also getting some kind of supports for the branches when they’re near the end; they can get super top heavy.

Yeah, no doubt. I wonder if it received an insufficient amount of light, or it that's some aspect from the portion of its genetic makeup that would be considered to be sativa.
To me, those plants look like a lack of light could be a distinct possibility. The internodes are very very long

My tent is 32x32x5’ with 425w of timber cobs. The side lighting is 20w led for and additional 80w. The cobs aren’t at full power but I have a lux meter reading around 70k lux at 12 inches. Half way down the plant I’m at 40k lux. That’s sufficient light for the tent. I moved one plant out of the tent 5 days ago and she was at 34 inches so she’s grown 6 inches in 5 days. She is definitely lacking enough light but there’s only so much I can do. Got 4 more of the 20w led shop lights I might rig up around her. After that I’m tapped out on lights....

that should be more than enough power. Perhaps it’s solely genetic. It’s probably not spectrum because cobs are great for that. I think we’re growing in the same tent actually. And I use a 440w CoB panel.

if it’s true that we’re in very similar set ups, I can tell you that super cropping will work tremendously for you.

that should be more than enough power. Perhaps it’s solely genetic. It’s probably not spectrum because cobs are great for that. I think we’re growing in the same tent actually. And I use a 440w CoB panel.

if it’s true that we’re in very similar set ups, I can tell you that super cropping will work tremendously for you.
I think my cobs are 3500k. This is my third grow in this tent with the exact same set up. One cbd auto cheese from CK and one NL from nirvana. All of them outgrew the tent.

I’m getting ready to net my Dutch buckets but its impossible to do in a single bucket dwc. Well, not impossible but I ain’t going down that road. I can have up to 6 plants so my next grow will be 5 Dutch buckets and one dwc. Gotta have that one big plant, it’s a lot of fun.

My tent is 32x32x5’ with 425w of timber cobs. The side lighting is 20w led for and additional 80w. The cobs aren’t at full power but I have a lux meter reading around 70k lux at 12 inches. Half way down the plant I’m at 40k lux. That’s sufficient light for the tent. I moved one plant out of the tent 5 days ago and she was at 34 inches so she’s grown 6 inches in 5 days. She is definitely lacking enough light but there’s only so much I can do. Got 4 more of the 20w led shop lights I might rig up around her. After that I’m tapped out on lights....

I don't put any much faith in lux meters, because the lumen is an artificial unit that is heavily weighted towards the portion of the spectrum that the human eye / optic nerve / brain perceives as being brighter. Which was great when such things were used as intended, e.g. designing and installing area lighting in a room that people will be in - but now, with some people trying to use it to determine any useful information about agricultural (use) lighting for the growing of plants... not so much. Your meter might be reading high because you have a good light - or because it is picking up on any green light which is present in the spectrum and scoring it WAY higher than other colors. Plants don't use a lot of green light (understatement). But there will be some present in most "non-discrete" light sources, IOW, ones other than the "mono" LEDs.

Nonetheless, a 425-watt COB setup will be okay in a 7.11111(∞) ft.2 space (and. Although... You mentioned that you're not running it at full power. What wattage do you have it adjusted to? Growing an autoflowering strain, you'll be running your light 18 (or more) hours per day, so... You should be fine driving it at 308 to 342 watts, I expect. I am certainly no expert at this cannabis gardening thing, but my guess is that much more than that might even start to become counterproductive, unless you're adding supplemental CO2 and maintaining lights-on temperature greater than 87°F. Or happen to be growing one of those (thin) 13-fingered leaf equatorial landrace sativas that evolved to thrive under constant, unrelenting sunlight all day long, every day, I suppose.

This is (to some extent) guesswork and supposition, lol.

Some strains just shoot for the sky, so to speak. 20+ years ago, I grew two phenotypes of Nevile's Haze for a while. One grew like what you'd expect from a 16-week flowering period sativa (which was... trying enough). The other one - my brother's lady called it Mindf*ck ;) - flowered for 20½ weeks, stretched for the first 58 days of that, and mature rooted clones, placed directly into the flowering room at 10-12 inches... would end up at around six feet tall. Second biggest RPITA strain I've ever grown. I miss it to this day, lol.

20200512_142018.jpg

Day : 14
Chugging along nicely, loving the sunshine.

You make a lot of good points TS. It was a $30 Dr Meter from ebay so I'm sure its top quality... :rolleyes: I bought it so I could see the small adjustments with my light the naked eye cannot pick up. Serves its purpose.

Funny, my one outdoor plant is a Nevile's Haze for 2020. No height restrictions in da woods... Appreciate all your feedback.

Here’s my DDa, day 39 in her 10L hempy pot. I just gave her 5g of MC 10ml of terpinator and 1ml of super thrive in 1 gallon of water that I pH’d to about 5.75

Hey everyone. Quick question. Do you all let it grow with just LST or does anyone top? I get mixed reactions to both and am unsure. I have 4 seeds of this beauty and would like to give it a go.

Hey everyone. Quick question. Do you all let it grow with just LST or does anyone top? I get mixed reactions to both and am unsure. I have 4 seeds of this beauty and would like to give it a go.
Hey Dkmg, I just topped mine yesterday.
If my autos are big enough before day 21 and not showing signs of flower, I've always topped.
It's really personal choice and condition of the plant.
I've been meaning to have a go at Lst myself, it makes sense to try and keep the stress down, but I get good results with topping. A bit scared of snapping the main stem if I'm honest, but loads do it with great succes.

Hey Dkmg, I just topped mine yesterday.
If my autos are big enough before day 21 and not showing signs of flower, I've always topped.
It's really personal choice and condition of the plant.
I've been meaning to have a go at Lst myself, it makes sense to try and keep the stress down, but I get good results with topping. A bit scared of snapping the main stem if I'm honest, but loads do it with great succes.
Thank you for that insight!! That's a nice general rule of thumb that I will follow. Topping provides such a great end result but yeah the stress. Well I'll be sure to pop by and have a peek if you post pics.

Back
Top Bottom