Dark Devil Auto: A Community Grow Record

Day 50

Both plants are doing well. Eating and drinking at home doesn't seem to bother them at all.

Lets start with DDA1. This was the safety green colored plant. She has darkened up and is producing deep purple to black colored flowers. Pretty scraggly and is way behind her sister in the flower dept but i'm looking forward to seeing what she can do over the next 40+ days.
DDA1 5202020.jpg

DDA1 Flower 5202020.jpg

DDA2 has been rocking it out. Eating and drinking like a champ and stacking the buds. If she goes 90+ days we might end up with a flop fest on our hands. Noticed her leaning a bit so I rigged up a little support.
DDA2 5202020.jpg

DDA2 Bud 5202020.jpg
DDA2 Bud1 5202020.jpg

See ya in a week or so......Caddie

Those purple undersides of the leaves on the DDA2 are really something! :popcorn: I was just thinking this morning about how Ive never seen anyone grow the pheno that’s the promo shot with fully purple leaves. Those ones come close!

I nearly forgot to drop in with my weekly this week :passitleft:

I missed the topping window. It started showing pistils in the top at 16-17days. It was going so well I nearly topped it at day 16 - the 5th node was clear. It’s probably just as well that I waited cause if I had done it then and then the pistil hairs popped out, I might have thought that I’d made it happen ;)

It doesn’t appear it’s going to be massive, but it’s not tiny either and I have very good hopes for it’s future!

It seems DDA often (not always) starts flowering very early. This morning as I was reading around the forum, I read someone (I think weenmeoff but can’t be 100%) talking about something they had read (so we’re some distance from the source, here, bear that in mind) that said LST on autos, done carefully, can actually help delay the onset of flower.

I know it’s been thought that rough treatment can cause flower to start in autos, but it also makes sense to me that if it’s done without trauma, that the claims may be true.

Does anyone know much about that? - sorry it’s a bit vague and I don’t really know where it comes from, I was just meandering reading about autos in general - and looking at pics mostly :cheesygrinsmiley: and i just remembered that little snippet.

If folks think the notion has some merit, I’ll definitely try it on the next one I grow. I think I’m nearly at the point where I can LST early without being too rough :yummy:

:love:
:Namaste:

All dried and starting the cure got 51 grams from my DDA that started flowering at 17 days and made it to 69. Heres a dry nug, a little purple and tones of trichoms and the early smoke report is pretty strong with almost that old skunky coffee smell, not as sweet as my last one. Until next next time, and I'll be watching all of your beautiful DDA's
20200521_204820.jpg

All dried and starting the cure got 51 grams from my DDA that started flowering at 17 days and made it to 69. Heres a dry nug, a little purple and tones of trichoms and the early smoke report is pretty strong with almost that old skunky coffee smell, not as sweet as my last one. Until next next time, and I'll be watching all of your beautiful DDA's
20200521_204820.jpg
That's one lovely bud, Action! :Rasta:

Guys....... OMGoodness...... @actionjackson512003, that sir, is one lovely bud. :high-five:

@PGA Caddie, they always look that scraggly at one point and you do your best not to worry. They always catch up for me, and I’ve no doubt #1 will do the same in the next 5-6 weeks.

Your plants look wonderful for their age. You getting much smell out of them yet?

@Amy Gardner, arteekay topped every auto he and Jay grew, and they were getting between 4-6 oz from each one. I never thought to look at how it may have slowed flowering. He left us a veritable playbook for growing autos, not to mention what A-Train left. Hmmm..... maybe I’ll see if I can locate him off site and ask his opinion on this.

I can’t grow, but I can learn to get the most out of the last jar of DDA buds in my possession, and that meant turning some into Dust.

Every chemovar I’ve tried as Dust has its own signature, and DDA has me floating along in a sweet euphoric cloud full of ideas. I’ve been taking teeny-tiny hits every hour or so to shoot me back up into the stratosphere, which is where I want to be working this afternoon.

It’s surprising how the flavors have held up over the past year of storage. It’s like I just jarred it up, and DDA Dust has to be the tastiest one I’ve tried to date.

20200521_204820.jpg
I can smell it from here Action! Real nice! Mine went about the same time.

@SweetSue #1 has an odd perfume smell I can’t put my finger on and #2 has a mango/ripened fruit smell. I brushed against her the other day during a bucket change and she smelled different, cherry jolly rancher maybe? I’m having a good time growing them that’s for sure

My first attempt at autos has gone ok.

Days 105 and 95 for my girls. I will be harvesting at the same time. Want to see what 10 days difference does.
Stripped them this morning and they will get the chop in the next few days.
Terpy at day 95

Derpy at day 105.

:passitleft: Cheers my friends.

My first attempt at autos has gone ok.

Days 105 and 95 for my girls. I will be harvesting at the same time. Want to see what 10 days difference does.
Stripped them this morning and they will get the chop in the next few days.
Terpy at day 95

Derpy at day 105.

:passitleft: Cheers my friends.
Just wow, and yes please.

Damn beautiful, VG! :adore:

Do you talk to your plants? (I do.) If so, they seem to have loved the cute names you gave them. I usually only give my plants names when they screw up, and it's never a nice name. :laughtwo:

God damn VG, I wish my first DDas would’ve gone that well. Looks like you’re going to get a proper taste.

Here’s my DDa on day 50(yesterday).... me and Beez are thinking maybe I’ve got a rogue DDa seed that’s not going to autoflower. I’ve decided to take a cutting and put her in 12/12

What do you guys think?

God damn VG, I wish my first DDas would’ve gone that well. Looks like you’re going to get a proper taste.

Here’s my DDa on day 50(yesterday).... me and Beez are thinking maybe I’ve got a rogue DDa seed that’s not going to autoflower. I’ve decided to take a cutting and put her in 12/12

What do you guys think?
It has a dda look and colour, but usually they flower in a blink, mines on day 27 and already stretching and stacking.

Well the DDa seeds I have are s1s made by @Rifleman, not direct from Sweet Seeds. Maybe I’ve got a photoperiod Dark Devil on my hands. They have the look though, very dark purple seeds almost black.

Just wow, and yes please.
Thank you.
You did a beautiful job on those babies! They look denser than mine. Oh sister you're going to love it!
They really firmed up over the last week. Glad I let them go longer. Was gonna cut them 10 days ago.

Damn beautiful, VG! :adore:

Do you talk to your plants? (I do.) If so, they seem to have loved the cute names you gave them. I usually only give my plants names when they screw up, and it's never a nice name. :laughtwo:
I sing to them...horribly off key. Lol
I only name my ugly plants. These two started off super fuggly. They came around a bit. You can hardly tell that they are mutants.

Okay is an understatement VG. Nice job!
Beginners luck. ;) I just let them be. Seemed to work great. This is the first time that I haven't topped a plant. I liked it. Think I'll leave any future autos to do the same.

What do you guys think?
Derpy didn't start flowering until she was right around 55 days. She may just be taking her sweet time.

She's already a really nice plant. Sure she will be a stunner.:green_heart:

Well the DDa seeds I have are s1s made by @Rifleman, not direct from Sweet Seeds. Maybe I’ve got a photoperiod Dark Devil on my hands. They have the look though, very dark purple seeds almost black.
Derpy and Terpy are Rifleman seeds as well.

Back
Top Bottom