Dark Devil Auto: A Community Grow Record

Hey all, I'm finally getting down to the last jar of DDA from the 190g green pheno monster I grew last fall.
Dropped a new DDA bean saturday evening and just noticed it is starting to poke up out of the soil this morning. Pictures later.

Here's a look back at my green monster dda right before the chop
20191106_200253.jpg
There's a good memory! I hope the next one grows as well for you!

Hey all, I'm finally getting down to the last jar of DDA from the 190g green pheno monster I grew last fall.
Dropped a new DDA bean saturday evening and just noticed it is starting to poke up out of the soil this morning. Pictures later.

Here's a look back at my green monster dda right before the chop
20191106_200253.jpg
Dang bro, she’s a fatty...nice job!

How’d you like the tokes @Knifemaker420 ? :passitleft:
It was great once I got used to it smelling like potpourri lol super floral fragrance. It was a good daytime smoke kinda speedy but not heart racingly so. I'm down to about an ounce so trying to save it for special occasions until the next one is ready lol

That’s a great lookin bush. I’d love it if mine turned out like that. Even if it is green :laugh:
I deffinately wasnt complaining too loudly lol. A bit of purple would have been nice tho ;-)
Dang bro, she’s a fatty...nice job!
Yeah she was, almost all up in smoke now tho.
:-(

Here's a couple pictures of my new DDA baby.
She started poping out yesterday but just shed her shell and is standing all the way up today so I'll call today day 1 :)
20200509_132622.jpg
20200509_132633.jpg

I had good luck with these non woven fabric seedling bags. You just plant the whole thing once the plant is ready for more soil.

trying to save it for special occasions until the next one is ready lol
:thumb: I’m at that stage with mine too!

got used to it smelling like potpourri lol super floral fragrance
A lot of that is linalool the terpene that gives lavender it’s smell :love: My deep purple DDa buds are very strong with it, almost smel like a lavender bush, with sweet grape, some dirt/earth and some aniseed very noticeable as well.

The other day I vaped some at a very low temp and must have nailed the aniseed vaping point because I got an overwhelming hit of it - was amazing :drool:

Those seedling bags are wild - does the ‘fabric’ break down in the soil once you plant them into bigger pots?

A lot of that is linalool the terpene that gives lavender it’s smell :love: My deep purple DDa buds are very strong with it, almost smel like a lavender bush, with sweet grape, some dirt/earth and some aniseed very noticeable as well.

The other day I vaped some at a very low temp and must have nailed the aniseed vaping point because I got an overwhelming hit of it - was amazing :drool:

Those seedling bags are wild - does the ‘fabric’ break down in the soil once you plant them into bigger pots?

Yes!! That nails it perfectly, lavender!
They're supposed to break down eventually but not in the amount of time it takes to grow a canna plant. Roots pass easily through the super thin fabric. The last one I grew in the starter bags still had roots encircling the bottom of the 5 gal pot.

Now I have to try some different vape temps Amy. Dda has a very different profile to be experienced. Good idea!

Day 29

Everything is going well. Both plants have stretched like crazy, growing around 12 inches in the last week. Adding around 24oz of ph'd water daily. Moving the light up every couple days to stay within the social distancing guidelines.

DDA 4292020.jpg

At this rate I might end up moving one plant out of the tent. Good problem to have I suppose.

- Caddie
I love my timber lights. I run them about 6-8 inches off the top of the plants 100% power. They will get down in the canopy even smushed together.

Attachments

• 0C3DD962-6F39-4E89-9BA1-1DC73A005665.jpeg
    0C3DD962-6F39-4E89-9BA1-1DC73A005665.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 49
I love my timber lights. I run them about 6-8 inches off the top of the plants 100% power. They will get down in the canopy even smushed together.

Good to know cause I’m running out of room...been considering going to all daisies.

Day 40

My girls have surprised me. Had to move one out of the tent.

DDA 1 40 Inches Tall
This is the safety green colored plant. @SweetSue was right, once she hit flower and stretched her color darkened up. She's really floppy and I can foresee problems if and when she starts putting on some weight. Might change her name to Hot Mess
DDA1 5102020.jpg

Starting to show some color
DDA1 Flower 5102020.jpg

DDA 2 32 Inches Tall
This girl is stocky, strong stems...she can handle a lot of weight, no problem.
DDA2 5102020.jpg

Flower Pic
DDA2 Flower 5102020.jpg

Been cutting wood all day cleaning up storm damage and i'm wiped....Peace - Caddie

Day 40

DDA 1 40 Inches Tall
This is the safety green colored plant. @SweetSue was right, once she hit flower and stretched her color darkened up. She's really floppy and I can foresee problems if and when she starts putting on some weight. Might change her name to Hot Mess
DDA1 5102020.jpg

DDA1 Flower 5102020.jpg

DDA 2 32 Inches Tall
DDA2 5102020.jpg

Flower Pic
DDA2 Flower 5102020.jpg

Been cutting wood all day cleaning up storm damage and i'm wiped....Peace - Caddie
Wow! Taking that monster down might be like cutting wood, too! :Rasta:

Day 40

DDA 1 40 Inches Tall
DDA1 5102020.jpg

DDA1 Flower 5102020.jpg

DDA 2 32 Inches Tall
DDA2 5102020.jpg

Flower Pic
DDA2 Flower 5102020.jpg

That dda 2 is a stunning plant, these dark devils seem to love hydro.
You're smashing it PGA, amazing.
Can't wait to see them progress.

Great looking tent @Virgin Ground
Wow! Taking that monster down might be like cutting wood, too! :Rasta:
Ha Ha, I sure hope so!

That dda 2 is a stunning plant, these dark devils seem to love hydro.
You're smashing it PGA, amazing.
Can't wait to see them progress.
She is a stunner, it was a no brainer when I had to decide which plant stayed in the tent under the cobs. DDA1 is getting the shaft when it comes to light but I got an idea for a little side lighting.

Your DDas look freakin great there Caddie. Monster sized girls. You could be potentially growing some of the heavier DDa harvests.

You ever consider super cropping as a solution to your light penetration problem?

Your DDas look freakin great there Caddie. Monster sized girls. You could be potentially growing some of the heavier DDa harvests.

You ever consider super cropping as a solution to your light penetration problem?
Thanks Chef....From what I understand they can go 90 -100 days in dwc so we are a long ways from the finish line. Trying not to count my chickens. Never super cropped before but that could be a viable solution. Might try it on the plant outside the tent. Pinch the stem and lay it over? How do I know how low to go before pinching?

Back
Top Bottom