DarkStar Project - Advanced Growing

Yup. I am looking for a 15 to 20 inch tall single cola per plant. Hoping for 15 grams plus per plant. I would need a ounce per plant to be in the 1 gram per watt grow but I would be happy with 15 grams or more.
Decreasing stretch? You might say that. Chopping the fanleaves and laterals will shorten the stretch between nodes or at lateral branching sites. There won't be room for lateral branching once these girls really flower and I need deep light penetration to make the girls into long thick bud sticks. At least thats what I am going for.

This is my first time doing a sog like this, with this machine I normally only fill with 18 plants and grow lateral branching to compensate. I normally get a pnd plus with this machine.

DSC01475_007_96.jpg

Welcome to a jungle, started out as a sage sog lol. Yeild was impressive that grow.

Hmmmm...How tall are they now? Do you think they'll hit 18" or so, with only about a week of stretch left? My first time at a SOG, too, and finding I need to take bigger clones or veg a little longer. :)

After the stretch the plants still grow upward, its just the nodes start to stack on top of each other. Only time will tell Mr. Krip.

About 6 to 10 inches, some of the clones might not get to 15 but it should still be close. The ones in the back will definately go over 18 but not within the final week of stretch.

After the stretch the plants still grow upward, its just the nodes start to stack on top of each other. Only time will tell Mr. Krip.

About 6 to 10 inches, some of the clones might not get to 15 but it should still be close. The ones in the back will definately go over 18 but not within the final week of stretch.

Thanks! :thanks:

I've got mostly Pineapple Express in now, and they don't stretch much at all (I know you've got some great experience with that strain!), but I feel better knowing they may still have a way to go! :)

BTW...nice job on the sage SOG, even if it doesn't look SOGgy! :welldone:

Hey Mr Smith! This looks awesome! Sorry I'm so late to the party but I've been strapped in a treestand deep in the woods for the last two weeks... lol.

I have thought of doing this very same thing so I will be watching with great interest.

May all your buds be dense my friend.

:thumb:

420fied, glad to see ya, kill anything lately? There are 7 weeks left in this part of the grow then we go vertical.
Do you think I have been too aggresive with my pruning?

I haven't killed anything yet. I've passed up several young ones but I'm waiting on a trophy. I don't think you were to aggressive. I have stripped mine down like that and they produced fine. I think it varies a bit from strain to strain. I'm looking forward to watching them fill out.

Hey there Mr. Smith - nice pics showing the level of defoliation you are doing to accomplish the "bud stick" goal. They look nice and healthy - ripe for "plucking". :bravo:

420fied, thank you. If you get a chance please check out page 2, you can see how I like using cloning machines and how the roots develop with the way I like to clone.
I am leaving minor laterals in this sog grow because of how my plants are spaced apart but its still very similar to your sog.
Tonight I will finally have time to do a nute change and will be adding the blue booster. Sorry BPN Sponsor for being lax on my nute/water changes but ph has been holding very steady and I should be able to keep up with regular water changes in the near future.
Xlr8, thank you. My goal with this sog is to show how much pruning has been involved and pics do seem to help. I am hoping to finetune this on the next sog operation. About to run the aeroflo 60 in sog form and this 36 run should help me be prepared for that.

Pics are from 11/21 day 22 in flower

009_sog_d22f.JPG

010_sog_d22f.JPG

Pruning/trimming minor, cut off any leaf that is starting to overlap with plants next to it.

011_sog_d22f.JPG

012_sog_d22f.JPG

Pic with light on.

013_sog_d22f.JPG

Mums are bushes, ready to be able to take large amounts of clones. 100plus.

014_ds_mums.JPG

420fied, thank you. If you get a chance please check out page 2, you can see how i like using cloning machines and how the roots develop with the way i like to clone.
I am leaving minor laterals in this sog grow because of how my plants are spaced apart but its still very similar to your sog.
Tonight i will finally have time to do a nute change and will be adding the blue booster. Sorry bpn sponsor for being lax on my nute/water changes but ph has been holding very steady and i should be able to keep up with regular water changes in the near future.
Xlr8, thank you. My goal with this sog is to show how much pruning has been involved and pics do seem to help. I am hoping to finetune this on the next sog operation. About to run the aeroflo 60 in sog form and this 36 run should help me be prepared for that.

Pics are from 11/21 day 22 in flower

009_sog_d22f.jpg

010_sog_d22f.jpg

pruning/trimming minor, cut off any leaf that is starting to overlap with plants next to it.

011_sog_d22f.jpg

012_sog_d22f.jpg

pic with light on.

013_sog_d22f.jpg

mums are bushes, ready to be able to take large amounts of clones. 100plus.

014_ds_mums.jpg

milfs! So whats your guess on dried bud so far? 16gr/plant

Mums are bushes, ready to be able to take large amounts of clones. 100plus.

014_ds_mums.JPG

Nice! I'm planning to take my first two that direction, and pull clones from them for a perpetual harvest type of setup. What's the medium for the mums, unless I missed it earlier in the thread?

I have a mother in hydroton and messing with roots is somthing iv NEVER played with, mainly because this is my first mother im planning to keep a wile and i havnt needed to. I thnk this round i will need to, I would love to hear about your process on root stripping in hydroton.

That's easy, every 4 to 6 months, sometimes longer, I pull the root mass out of the container holding the plant at is base and use a fork to rip up the sides and bottom. I take enough root material and hydrotron off to be able to put back into container with a inch or 2 of fresh hydrotron at the bottom and a 1/2 inch to a inch on the sides. I like using a steel fork because I can comb off the material little at a time. I do this with mums that are plants from seed, I tried clones from clone before but I believe it weakens the potency and don't wish to repeat the experience.

Sounds simple anoth would you do the same procedure if you was growing in net pots Ebb style or just cut the roots hanging out?

Do you notice much stress from the mother after this or is the transition to the new pot smooth sailing?

Back
Top Bottom