DarkStar Project - Advanced Growing

This part of the grow is as seen, 36 clones, areoflo 36 4foot by 4foot and 1 1000w light.

Pic of mums 11/02
006_ds_mums.JPG

Those are some hot milfs. When u take a cut, do u scrape the shoot? Do u use clonex?

i would send an PM but not enough posts yet need 50. i forgot my previous password and had to restart a new name. Really appriciate your knowledge, and willingness to experiment. Any organics in your future?

:peace:

Those are some hot milfs. When u take a cut, do u scrape the shoot? Do u use clonex?

i would send an PM but not enough posts yet need 50. i forgot my previous password and had to restart a new name. Really appriciate your knowledge, and willingness to experiment. Any organics in your future?

:peace:

Yes and yes

On 10/16 I decided to start the clones. This round I will be using the botanical powercloner 45. I like powercloners because of how simple it makes the cloning process. I need a good number of clones and I need the clippings to have a strong root structure in 2 weeks and once its setup I don't want to have to do much else but wait for them to root. If you don't have a cloner and you don't want to by a ready made system here is a link to a very decent diy cloner made by 420fied.DIY 50 site aero cloner for under $100.00
This is how I clone. I set up the cloner and fill it with 7 gallons of water. I used rodi water but that was because I had no tap water that has been sitting for over 24 hours. I add my nutes which was 150ml of clonex cloning solution. This put my ppm to 600. I then added 2.5ml per gal of dynagro protek. Afterwards I set my ph to 5.5 and rechecked after the machine's been running for 15 minutes. You can use any cloning or rooting solution except for olivia's. Olivia's clogs misters and should only be used with a medium like rockwool and is nogood for powercloners.
After the nutes and ph has been set I turn the machine completely off. and get ready to take my clippings from the mums.
024_ds_clo1.JPG

I take a 2by4 and measure and mark it. This is my cutting board. I take my clipping with scissors and then I use my cutting board and a clean razor to thin it and make my bottom cut. The bottom cut can be angled or straight but has to be a clean cut. I cut my clipping between 3 and 4 inches. 3 inches works great.
025_ds_clo1.JPG

I very lightly and I must stress lightly scrape the bottom stem wall with the razor and put it in my cloning gel. You have to use a cloning gel, cloning powder is for when putting clones into medium and does nothing in a powercloner. I just leave the clipping in the cloning gel container until I have enough clippings to fill a row. Then I load the clippings into the machine with it still turned off. I won't turn on the machine until it full of clippings. This gives clipping more time to absorb the gel. I am using root tech cloning gel but clonex and other products also work well.
026_ds_clos1.JPG

As soon as the machine is loaded I turn it on and wait for the roots doing a ph check every few days. I set my floro tube light high, about 20 to 24 inches from the clippings to help promote rooting. The room temp is staying in the 70's. My lights are on 24/7 to keep room temp up and the pumps for the powercloner also run 24/7. During the summer months I run my lights 18/6 for power and heat issues. After the machine has been running for a few hours the nute was temp will rise but don't let that woory you as long as room temp is fine. You have a air pump thats pumping fresh air into the system and the warm water temp seems to speed the rooting procees.
10/16 pic
027_ds_clo_1st_b1.JPG

The left side has clipping from darkstar 2 the right has darkstar 1.
I need 36 clones to run in the aeroflo 36
004_aeroflo_361.JPG

Mr Smith.

I noticed on a seed strain site, kindegreenbuds that dark star has Purple Kush x Khyber in its genetics.

Khyber is by far the best weed I have ever smoked. It was around about 15 or 20 years ago if I remember correct. And it sold for 25/g and was well worth it.

I have yet to see it sold as seeds, or mixed with anything until now.

Do you know if that is the genetics of the seeds you are using? If so, it will go to the top of my wish list.

NCDude, thank you for checking my journal.

LeafLady, I am not running h2o2 in this journal. I normally run h2o2 during the summer or when something goes wrong and I haven't found the solution. Once I start using h2o2 I continue to use it until the grow is done because it doesn't comepletely destroy the rot but delays the damage. Its more of a backup safety for me cause I am not really into steril grows, if I can grow good without, this makes me happy, if I have to use h2o2 it means I am not happy with that grow cause something went wrong. Thank you for checking out my journal.

Looks great, Mr. Smith! How tall do you figure the girls will be when they finish and approximately how much yield would you anticipate per plant?

I'm asking b/c I'm in the middle of a SOG and my first set of plants appear to be around the same size as yours and will finish at about a foot tall each, which is shy of the 18"-24" 420fied had and I was aiming for. I was guessing about 7-10g per plant, but any insight is appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom