DD Stable Of Impermanence

beautiful looking girls DD. I am on this for the no defol thinking and test. A lot to be said for leaves being on for a reason. seeing so many ways and means of trying to find "The Way" , has me back to the drawing board for my next run. good work mate.

Flip day 24 Plucking

I’ve read a few Vietnam vets up here saying ‘don’t call it defoliation’ and I respect that. My own uncle was at the vanguard of getting vets compo here for agent orange over there. He had ptsd bad. I hope he discovered cannabis. Never had that conversation with him. Don’t even know if he’s still around. My family is not ‘thick’ in the usual sense. I digress.
I won’t call it pruning as has been suggested because no branches were shortened.
We plucked by hand, barely reaching for scissors at all.

No sign of infestation any more which was a relief.

After their first feed of bloom nutes we put them away, to quote mrs D “moist, trim bushes”.

Next photos in a week and it’ll be like it never happened. :yummy:
Annnd...

:slide:
Any continuity in the stable of impermanence is a welcome thing!

Thanks for swinging through my jungle room with me.

Keep lifted, keep free.

Why ?
More PC ?
What's wrong with calling it defoliation?

Why ?
More PC ?
What's wrong with calling it defoliation?

When I first came across it I thought the same it seems odd. I’m not a PC person. I am a bit of a pedant with words and language though. And when I thought about it, I thought ‘defoliation’ isn’t accurate anyway. Removing ‘some foliage’ and defoliation are different. The girls still have leaves.
I don’t really have strong views about the vocab. I only noticed that other people do and found it interesting because I’ve never forgotten my uncle, might’ve been a second cousin. Last I saw him in the 90’s we were chatting. He hadn’t slept in a bed since before his tour of duty in the 70’s. He owned one. And a beautiful house to put it in. But he slept on the concrete floor of his garage.
It’s a little thing I guess, the verbiage. Maybe if someone reading has a take on it by all means chime in. For me, I’m not trying to fix the world but I am done making it a worse place for anyone else. We’re all a little bit broken each and every one of us. No harm in taking care.

Mrs. Double D has a since of humor. I like it.

Thanks for sharing.

PC stands for personal choice this time. No one is forcing you to do anything. My kids have sensory issues. No different than me adjusting noise levels for them like keeping the radio down in the car to prevent a "meltdown". I do it out of love (and because if you've ever seen a meltdown you don't want to provoke one :D ).

Nobody answered my question.
Why does the word offend Vets?
What an I missing here?

JW, I'd assume that it's no so offensive as it is triggering to Vietnam Vets. The armed forces wanted to clear jungle so they used a chemical that has caused those Vets many problems ever since in order to accomplish that.

Ya, angent orange. Gave everyone cancer.

Okay, I'm cool with that.

de·fo·li·at·ed, de·fo·li·at·ing.
to strip (a tree, bush, etc.) of leaves.
to destroy or cause widespread loss of leaves in (an area of jungle, forest, etc.), as by using chemical sprays or incendiary bombs, in order to deprive enemy troops or guerrilla forces of concealment.

so what is the new word we're going to use?

We’re not changing words. The bare bones of a stump after a harvest is defoliated.
The HST Of topping is pruning.
Other stuff is trimming, plucking, haircut, whatever you want to say is ok with me, man.
What Al said. Personal choice.

I like to thin, prune, and strip, though I do use the D word as well (not "donkey" and not "dick") sometimes. Nice plucking job!

I don't have a problem with the word but like you said, some folks have expressed a distaste for it. Oddly enough, some of the same folks get their back up when you mention, in a different context, that some words they use can be offensive to others.

People are funny, no?

The recipe for the infusion was the first post that passed, as it were, out of the stall when the Stable opened. (another shout out where credit’s due, @Amy Gardner it’s thanks to you. Here is where my training wheels were fitted).
:meditate:

As promised..
Next photos in a week and it’ll be like it never happened.
From this to this..
02184E02-DC8C-4FB4-AE27-CF5569DB82EE.jpeg
D771F566-AB9B-4928-B64E-BFD261BD03DE.jpeg
03CA7F2B-ADA6-405C-8502-CFC86E646F93.jpeg

:morenutes:

Back
Top Bottom