DD Stable Of Impermanence

Interview with Isabelle Purple

Donkey Dick: Hello, Isabelle. Thank you for agreeing to do this.

Isabelle Purple: What?

DD: They said you..

IP: Mm?

DD: I thought you were ok with this?

IP: Three weeks!

DD: Look, we’ve been through this. You said you.. for the magazine? You’re not supposed to have short term memory issues.

IP: Don’t get cute, monkey! I remember three weeks all too well!

DD: I don’t know what you want me to say. I said sorry a million times already.

IP: It was cold.

DD: I know.

IP: No, it was cold!

DD: You said.

IP: I froze.

DD: ... Look, I. What else could I..

IP: I can’t get warm anymore.

DD: It’s 21 degrees in here.

IP: I can’t feel it. I don’t think I’ll ever be warm again.

DD: Well there, ok. Maybe... Maybe I have some good news for you.

IP: ‘m listening.

DD: Ok, well. Bits of you are going to be very warm.

IP: This sounds like a trick.

DD: No, honestly..

IP: What bits?

DD: Your pretty flowers, Isabelle.

IP: My..?

DD: Just the other day I kept a bouquet at 85*C for over ten hours.

IP: Oh wow that actually does sound really nice.

DD: That was after I’d kept it at 115*C for an hour and a half.

IP: You’re confusing me now.

DD: Small amounts of you will get to 420*F whatever that is in real numbers.

IP: Oh you’re not taking this seriously. You think this is funny!

DD: Honestly, Isabelle some of you is likely to burn, even.

IP: I should never have listened about this.

DD: I’m just happy you’re talking to me again.

IP: Not though.

DD: Only a week or two til your flowers will be coming on, love.

IP: ...

DD: The clones you gave us last week are still looking great..

IP: ...

DD: Isabelle?

DD: Isabelle?

Omg!! That just gave me a really needed laugh! As soon as I saw the microphone I started laughing then the commentary just tipped it into full blown what the hell laughter!
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Omg!! That just gave me a really needed laugh! As soon as I saw the microphone I started laughing then the commentary just tipped it into full blown what the hell laughter!
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thank you CC. You are most welcome.
So the Isabelles (Here for anyone who missed it) are named for the colour pots their parents were started in.
Isabelle Purple’s two clones are showing healthy roots now and are ready to up-pot. Just need to make some room and get the Blue’s planted outside at my mate’s place.

Hey there DD, thanks for checking out my journal. Dropped by this afternoon to do some reading. Ladies are looking great, count me in :thumb:

JC! Good to see you. Yeah the Isabelles will be ready right about the same time as my current jars run out. The need for a larger bloom room is making itself felt.
Cheers.

Oh man this is awesome DD! Getting myself caught up in this thread. The opening post was something I’ve always wanted to try especially when smoking isn’t a justifiable option. Gonna pull up a chair if you don’t mind and follow along. Big mahalos from one islander to another across the pond.:rollit:

Aloha
Sunny :peace:

Oh man this is awesome DD! Getting myself caught up in this thread. The opening post was something I’ve always wanted to try especially when smoking isn’t a justifiable option. Gonna pull up a chair if you don’t mind and follow along. Big mahalos from one islander to another across the pond.:rollit:

Aloha
Sunny :peace:

Kiaora mo te aroha e hoa.
You are most welcome here.
The infused oil has really blown my hair back as to how much it can stop pain. So glad to be growing my own and to have come across this community.
Cheers :cool:
Off to work.. unk.

Isabelles Blue have bolted the Stable.

It wasn’t as simple as that. First they had to be blindfolded, then spun around until they were nearly carsick so they wouldn’t be able to lead anyone to the undisclosed location of their new garden.

It could have been a bit hairy just getting them in the car. The ‘prizewinning orchids’ had to be loaded pretty much under my neighbour’s kitchen window. The house is owned by an ex drug squad detective :rofl:

I ended up sticking to my guns and not taking cuttings. Only going to run Isabelles Red and Purple after this run.

Here we are en route with snow at about the same elevation as our plot.
D3BE9520-AA99-4BBE-A11E-3ED816CF1C17.jpeg

On a north facing slope (we are south of the sun here) under a stand of Manuka and beside some gorse (these are the exact co-ordinates to The Middle Of Nowhere in this country) they found their new home.

Holes were prepared with a cal mag mixture buried under a thin layer of soil for the roots to find later, then spread with earth worm castings and a sprinkle of mychorizae.
3C39401F-090E-477F-A097-FD69C81DAEE1.jpeg
22467978-36F8-4749-9FCD-4AB772651C71.jpeg
FF55FD08-56BF-478D-B276-2CC6FC2ADE57.jpeg

Looks like they’re going to get their toes tickled.

Speaking of which - I thought their roots looked ok. They were up-potted three weeks ago and have only been watered twice since.
01FE359E-A540-4BA6-97B3-28DA015DF4E3.jpeg
2CEB5423-8129-4411-B91D-A67A676B4F8B.jpeg
0954D0E4-391C-4CE4-88F9-949AABC64A5F.jpeg

I noticed a few preflowers. They may have been starved for light in my veg area. They look happy enough in their new homes. It isn’t just living organic soil. They were watered in with living organic water from a nearby pond, with a little superthrive. Finally top dressed with EWC.
FCA5D67F-B4DA-4499-8E22-00F75E255434.jpeg
DF7B5B72-C445-43C1-B2B7-382E12C23BFD.jpeg
CA8C0ADF-4D5B-4B46-89D6-389FA9FC3190.jpeg

:420: tells me I can only attach ten files, so I’ll be back in a sec to finish the slideshow...

...continued.

A couple of group shots.
A37F1A28-45E8-4E09-8ADF-73E5F7BE062C.jpeg
758BA2BA-9679-4BAC-AB46-B6E603BDF014.jpeg

Possum-proofing underway.

Also... :tommy: ...Pollen!:yahoo:
A bag of male flowers our mate collected, with some interesting looking dust inside. No idea how it was stored, but it isn’t that old. We’ll see.
46C39E9B-872A-4C8E-9088-14BBBB47050B.jpeg

And finally - our man in the hills found a seam of lignite.
5198A17B-5EBC-4822-80B7-70B4DFD2C9C6.jpeg

And he wants a smoke report on his home made coal. :laugh:

I hope everyone’s having a big bad beautiful day :yummy::cool::peace:

Nice OD patch in the making! We don’t have possums but we do have mongoose. Nasty little buggers lol Positive vibes :peace: :yummy:

Sunny

Hi Sunny. Mongooses in the land of Laniakea?! I did not know that. Perhaps I did, I was once part of a troupe performing the Kumulipo of all things! I don’t remember anything about cannabis-eating mongooses springing forth. :laughtwo:

Hi Sunny. Mongooses in the land of Laniakea?! I did not know that. Perhaps I did, I was once part of a troupe performing the Kumulipo of all things! I don’t remember anything about cannabis-eating mongooses springing forth. :laughtwo:

They won’t eat the plants but if you catch one off guard in the trash bin you are in for a surprise :laughtwo:

Looks like a sweet spot you picked for the girls-They should do just fine out there!

tells me I can only attach ten files
If you upload to the gallery first,you can post as many pics as you want to...I just learned this a short time ago...

If you upload to the gallery first,you can post as many pics as you want to...I just learned this a short time ago...

Thanks for that mate. That is how I had been doing it until recently. I went away from that way because I just wanted pictures without titles or caption bars. I was finding it a nuisance going through the extra steps then found this other way to get pics up. I might chop and change a bit. I only use my phone for this because I don’t really have a useful internet capable computer and I needed it to be easier. I know there are a few other ways to load graphics, but we muddle on.

As I get up this morning and the indoor gardens both go dark, I wonder how the Isabelles Blue fared outside for their first night. They should be fine..
It was a pretty nice spot after all. I’m hoping they all do well. I’d like to stand in the middle of them and look up at the canopy above me. That’s what I want to see :yummy:
Cheers

I’d like to stand in the middle of them and look up at the canopy above me.
You never know-you might need a chainsaw at harvest time-stuff gets big outdoors!

How often can you get to them

I can visit as often as I like. I’ll see how I go (and so will you) I’d like to post monthly pics for y’all. I’ll take some grow nutes and bits and pieces in a few weeks and take it from there.

They’re not mine anymore though, but I will be helping to get them to harvest, then through the dry and cure. All going well.

he's probably getting high all the time

This is characteristically prescient on your part, Shed. (Prescience, @MrSauga , was either before the Big Bang, or Darwin depending on whether you go Oxford or Webster. Our esteemed colleague @InTheShed may come from one of the latter, more isolated parts of the US. Hard to say) The chap in question is riddled with the big C and rattles like the proverbial pill bottle when he gets to dancing. I was casually offered morphine over the fence again today :rolleyes:
Ahem, so the topic of prizewinning orchids just doesn’t come up. I just don’t want him to tell me about the prizes to be won :straightface::yummy::cool:

Thanks for st:peace:pping by..

Flip day 43
Not quite at the halfway mark yet. Let’s say flowers were setting by day 10. For argument’s sake. That gives them another 4 or 5 weeks no worries. Can anyone tell me how long it takes seeds to mature after pollination? Cheers.

For tonight’s photos I have made up for the natural lighting by getting them annoyingly slightly out of focus :)

C6E46783-F3D3-4640-8D94-922242FA1D5E.jpeg
5543B956-C642-4C11-BA8D-E49180C1F75F.jpeg

I hope you’re all fine :cool:
:meditate:

Flip day 43
Not quite at the halfway mark yet. Let’s say flowers were setting by day 10. For argument’s sake. That gives them another 4 or 5 weeks no worries. Can anyone tell me how long it takes seeds to mature after pollination? Cheers.

For tonight’s photos I have made up for the natural lighting by getting them annoyingly slightly out of focus :)

C6E46783-F3D3-4640-8D94-922242FA1D5E.jpeg
5543B956-C642-4C11-BA8D-E49180C1F75F.jpeg

I hope you’re all fine :cool:
:meditate:
Babies look beautiful! As far as the pollination goes if I’m remembering correctly it’s about 6 weeks after pollination occurs and you can see the seeds popping out. I was trying to find the article I used when I did my seeds if I find it I’ll let ya know. :reading420magazine: I got about 200 seeds with 150 that looked great plump with lots of tiger like striping and believe I let them go for 6-7weeks. I remember it said the plant would pretty much be close to death when the seeds would be fully ready. They were not at my place or I would have had it thoroughly documented so I just have a rough guesstimate.

Back
Top Bottom